Book Your Wedding with The Vista on Seward Hill

Located on a scenic hilltop in Austin, Texas, the Vista on Seward Hill is an historic venue with lavish amenities for a memorable and elegant wedding day. Offering intimate lounges, decorative iron candelabras and a 100-year-old, glass-lined pavilion, the setting seamlessly unites opulent grandeur with tasteful delicacy. Outdoor and indoor spaces are available for a ceremony and reception. While this venue offers the convenience of urban accessibility, the secluded setting creates a romantic ambiance and a sense of privacy.

The Stone Courtyard. Inspired by Tuscan charm, the space features a three-tiered fountain, four columns of fire and stone statues that are reminiscent of the Italian Renaissance. It’s a picturesque spot for a ceremony. The courtyard’s stone alter is surrounded by treetops, giving it that extra little touch of romantic tranquility.

The Grand Banquet Hall. This indoor setting offers crystal chandeliers, private niches adorned with artwork and a dance floor. Couples can opt for professional lighting to give the space a romantically unique flavor.

The bride and groom may stage their reception outdoors on the stone patio, surrounded by trees, fountains and waterfalls. Tables can be set up in a banquet-style arrangement, while strings of white patio lights crisscross over the dining area from tree branches. Dangling white lanterns can be strung in the trees, giving the space a warm evening glow.

There’s also a private outdoor gazebo where the newly-wed couple can sit down at a table for two and enjoy a post-ceremony cocktail together. An elegant candelabra hangs from the ceiling in this quiet spot.

All of the chairs and tables are provided by the venue for both the indoor and outdoor settings. There are three stone tables available, which come with complementary fire logs. Table linens are not included in the rental fee.

For both indoor and outdoor spaces, lighting options and a complete sound system with wireless microphones are included in the rental. Multi-colored LED lighting can be designed by the couple to match the glowing garden lantern balls in the courtyard setting.

Rental of the facility is for a total of eight hours, including one hour dedicated to the rehearsal, two hours for setup, one hour for cleanup and a total of four hours for the ceremony and reception.

Catering isn’t provided at the venue, however the facility does provide a list of preferred caterers in the area. Couples should contact the facility to inquire about guest capacity.

Some unique perks of renting the venue include:

• Complementary commercial margarita machine
  • Professional DJ included with the rental of the venue
  • Private bride’s room and a masculine space for the groom and his men
  • Bubble machine for the grand departure

Magnificent West Austin Venue

The Vista on Seward Hill offers a picturesque setting for a lavish and elegant wedding day. The grounds are filled with waterfalls, ponds, flower gardens and statues. Unique Chrystal chandlers,& Modern Elegant Atmosphere makes The Vista on Seward Hill a setting where events are never forgotten! Ten minutes from downtown where Visit our Open House .Sat 12-2 pm any other day call for an appointment. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS,THE IDEAS INFINITE,AND THE OUTCOME ...FLAWLESS!

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

6414 W. Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX (512) 327-3843

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 SE Z

It's a truly magical place to get married and the owners and staff make it even better. The grounds are spectacular and there is not one area of the venue that isn't picture perfect! The staff and owners are extremely forthcoming with pricing and booking information. Like any... Read More venue be sure to review what comes with the venue and what doesn't though the staff and owners are very patient and prompt in providing you with any answer to questions, even if they're after your big day. VOSH gave us our dream wedding and the icing on the cake was that all of our guests had an amazing time as well. I highly recommend VOSH.

2017-12-15T09:11:37 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Lauren F

We absolutely loved having our wedding reception at The Vista. In our venue search, we visited the Vista on Seward Hill and had no desire to see any others. Larry and Sidonee are extremely personable and operate like friends rather than vendors. They bent over backwards to make... Read More sure our wedding day was everything it was supposed to be, even opening up their home for the groom and I to share a private dinner during our reception. They were always available to answer questions and made wedding planning a breeze. Couldn't recommend them enough!

2017-12-15T09:12:42 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 3/12/2018 Melissa M

My husband and I fell in love with this venue the moment we saw it. The owners were very nice and accommodating! They really helped make our wedding dreams come true. They have indoor and outdoor spaces which were perfect for our needs. I cannot say enough about how personable... Read More and helpful the owners were. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Reviewed on 2/17/2018 Rimi M

My husband and I absolutely loved Vista on Seward Hill! The venue is beautiful and recent renovations really set it apart from anything else we saw in the city. A new $20k elegant chandelier to dance under, modern and grand blue velvet upholstery, fresh paint on the outside of... Read More the venue! We hosted a Sangeet (i.e. a ~185 person Indian rehearsal dinner) at the Vista and the venue fit perfectly. It was both spacious, yet still intimate. We were easily able to interact with all of our guests. Sidonee and Larry who own the space are incredibly sweet and genuinely cared about us having a beautiful and memorable event. They both stepped in to oversee the set-up and Sidonee was very responsive and helpful pre-event via email. Useful notes: Vista has a few strict rules which you should make sure to plan around (i.e. start time, end time, baby sitter requirements, etc.), but the rules are all reasonable and we appreciated that everything was clear and transparent from the beginning. DJ & Music - The Vista comes with their own DJ (Anthony) and the venue is wired for sound (for music and announcements) the whole way through which is incredibly convenient if you are hosting an indoor/outdoor event. Anthony is fantastic. We needed a mix of Indian and American music and were able to work with him on putting together a custom playlist. Anthony helped block time for a rehearsal to make sure he knew the flow of the event in terms of music expectations, key announcements (i.e. speeches, dance performances, when dinner was ready, and buses were leaving). He was great about following the event time line and making sure we stayed on schedule. Food - The venue has a limited list of pre-approved vendors they work with for catering, that said the options were fantastic. They do offer with a fee to run through a testing process for a potential set-up of a new vendor, which we were mainly interested in because the only Indian vendor they offered is specialized primarily in fusion/modern Indian food. But we ended up falling in love with one of the non-Indian pre-approved vendors, Rosemary’s Catering. Emily at Rosemary’s had worked with Vista several times in the past, and helped to ensure our event ran smoothly with no surprises. Weather - We hosted our event in December and as you can imagine the weather can be hit or miss. It happened to snow the week before our event, but we got pretty lucky with the weather. The evening weather for us was in the low 50s/upper 40s. It was certainly on the chilly side, but we rented 5 outdoor heaters and combined that with the fire tables that came with the space and we were able to get a lot of mileage out of the outdoor space, especially early in the night. As the night progressed, people moved indoors to get on the dance floor. Driveway - There is a bit of a steep driveway to get to the venue space. It’s not particularly hard to walk up, but some of our guests were older or pregnant and the walk was a bit difficult. If you are using buses, I’d recommend you confirm in advance that your bus company will drive up the driveway. This isn’t an issue with the 25-30 person buses, but if you have a 40+ person motor coach many of the bus companies will be hesitant to do this. In our case we actually confirmed this beforehand and the bus company still didn’t go up the drive way on the day of the event. It wasn’t a huge deal, but it can be a minor annoyance the day of the event so it’s best to plan around it ahead of time.

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Sarah F

Very beautiful!! All my guests complimented on how spectacular the venue was, especially with all the new upgrades. Larry and Sidonee are easy to work with and are very accommodating to make sure your day is as special as possible. My husband loved the groom's gameroom... Read More quarters for getting ready with his wedding party and they allowed us to have our dog in the wedding and during the reception too - which truly meant a lot to me! I would have given the venue 5 stars, but my wedding ended unexpectedly an hour early despite all my planning and coordinating that I did. I was very organized and communicated the timeline, but somehow it still wasn't followed. I'm not sure what happened, but despite this occurrence I would still recommend this venue for anyone looking for a beautiful, amazing wedding like the one I had.

2018-01-04T15:48:52 Response from the vendor

We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to give us a valued Review. We appreciate you doing this for VOSH!! Sidonee & Larry Seward Owners The Vista on Seward Hill

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Virginia H

As soon as I walked onto the grounds with my mom I knew that this is where I wanted to have our wedding reception. It was perfect, everything went along with our Italian themed winter wedding! Sidonee and Larry were helpful with our many questions, and also offered many extra... Read More amenities. DJ, Anthony Fernandez did a great job in displaying the music my husband created a playlist for the wedding. The margarita machine was definitely a hit with all the guests and so delicious. That evening was absolutely beautiful and we continue to get compliments on how elegant and picturesque VOSH!!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Jordan G

I cannot say enough good things about the Vista on Seward Hill. It truly is one of a kind venue and even weeks after the wedding I continue to get compliments on it. I could not have picked out a better venue.

2017-12-15T09:13:11 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Maura L

Sidonee & Larry are absolutely lovely people! From the first moment I️ spoke with Sidonee over the phone to speaking with Larry right before we departed they made sure to provide us with the very best recommendations, advice and accommodations. The venue is nothing short of... Read More amazing! I️t couldn’t have been more perfect in every way! Go with VOSH you won’t regret I️t!

2017-12-15T09:13:31 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Amanda B

We recently had our wedding at the Vista on 11/4. We got engaged a few months after moving from Austin to Portland, OR - so we decided that getting married in Austin was the best choice. I was stressed about having to plan a wedding from halfway across the country, but after... Read More finding this venue and calling and speaking with Sidonee over the phone, I was put at ease! I felt so comfortable speaking with her we booked the venue without seeing it in person. Our first trip to Austin we went by the venue for a tour and I was in LOVE. The photos are beautiful but there's nothing like seeing it in person! After meeting with the DJ, Anthony, I knew everything was going to go smoothly. He runs the show perfectly and on the day of our wedding I didn't worry about a thing! This venue was absolutely magical, everyone we encountered that worked with the venue was helpful and friendly - I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!

2017-12-15T09:14:07 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Callie W

Our fall wedding at the Vista on Seward Hill was absolutely gorgeous. The space is so beautiful, and we loved that there is a separate space for everything - a ceremony site outdoors, a courtyard for cocktail hour, a dining hall, and a ballroom for dancing. Our guests were... Read More absolutely blown away by how gorgeous the venue was. Sidonee is extremely easy to communicate with and was super accommodating to ensure our day turned out perfectly! Thank you!

2017-12-15T09:14:31 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Anand S

We held a 40th birthday celebration at The Vista on Seward Hill and our experience was amazing. The venue offers a combination of indoor and outdoor space with very creative nooks that allows people to interact on whatever setting they choose. The outdoor dining setup (which... Read More we did) including the buffet area was amazing. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Highly recommend this venue!

2017-12-15T09:14:55 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Sarah C

I looked at tons of wedding venues in and around Austin, but none of them felt like "the right place". As soon as I toured VOSH, I KNEW it was perfect for our wedding day! From the koi ponds, multiple water fountains, elegant ceremony wall, separate dining/reception buildings... Read More and gorgeous landscaped grounds (the list goes on), we couldn't have had asked for a more romantic setting. Even my (now) husband loved it, which says a lot coming from a man :) The venue has so much character and on site decor, so I didn't really have to do much additional decoration planning which ended up saving us money in the end!! We had family coming in from other states and wanted to keep them in Austin, so location was perfect too! The owners, Larry and Sidonee, and venue coordinator/DJ, Anthony, greeted us with warm hugs and hospitality from the first time we met. These 3 truly care about doing everything they can to make dreams come true for couples starting a future together. Through countless phone calls, emails, texts and site visits, they always there to help with anything!! I got married there on 9-15-17. It was everything we imagined, plus more! We had about 130 guests and there was plenty of space for people to gather in the reception hall, boogie on the dancefloor, or just enjoy the gorgeous scenery outside. Even though we were in the city, it felt like a magical escape in the hill country. To this day, my guests are raving about how beautiful our wedding was :) Thank you to all of the staff here! VOSH will always be a special part of the day we said "I do". I would recommend VOSH to any bride on the search for a perfect inside/outside wedding venue in Austin!

2017-12-15T09:15:15 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/16/2017

What a wonderful experience! My husband and I were married at the Vista September 16. The whole experience was amazing. Sidonee and Larry helped us from start to finish. We are from out of town and she was able suggest the best vendors. The DJ, Anthony, was fantastic! So much... Read More more than just someone to play music, he really helped to organize and keep the evening going throughout the evening. On top of all of that, the venue is so beautiful. We loved the facility from the moment we saw it. Best day ever!

2017-12-15T09:15:45 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Avra L

This place was absolutely magical. It's sweet and charming and unique to other venues. It's been recently renovated and especially when decorated it will absolutely blow guests away! The owners are also incredible, friendly and very kind people - it was an honor to be married on... Read More their property. The DJ was also included and he did a great job of following our requests and leading the crowd through the night. Amazing!!!

2017-12-15T09:16:05 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Sehr Q

The venue is just perfect! It is everything you could ever want in an outdoor venue: beautiful stone work, nice tall oaks, gorgeous water fountains, the list goes on and on! Sidonee and Larry (property owners/mangers) were the cherry on top, they were helpful throughout the... Read More planning and execution of the wedding. It rained the morning of our event and they made sure everything was in order and the wedding went all according to plan!

2017-12-15T09:16:43 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Kimberly A

VOSH is a beautiful wedding venue and also nice for special events. Sidonee and her husband at VOSH were great and very welcoming! They were helpful and clear throughout the whole process. They were always quick to return my phone calls and had no problems whenever I needed to... Read More go to the venue to take my vendors to check out the place. Anthony(dj/sound man at VOSH) was also great. He helped with getting our slideshow up for the day of, and also was there for the rehearsal and the day of to help run things(music, microphones, wedding party entrance) smoothly. Sean(her son) was helpful with getting the uplighting done for us throughout the whole venue. Which made the place look beautiful. I would highly recommend his services. They have a great team at VOSH. I was blessed to have the opportunity to work with such great people. I would highly recommend VOSH for anyone looking to have a wedding or special event.

2017-12-15T09:17:08 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Elaine F

VOSH was the PERFECT place for our wedding. Anthony ran our wedding like a well-oiled machine and was so lovely to work with. On the day, when ever any vendors asked me almost anything, I pointed them to Anthony! And he handled it all like a pro. And Sidonee was lovely and... Read More completely flexible from the start. Such a sweetheart. Oh, and everyone raved about our venue! Couldn't have asked for better. Thanks VOSH!

2017-12-15T09:19:29 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Kim K

We had our May 26, 2017 wedding at Vista on Seward Hill (or VOSH). When I first stepped into VOSH, it felt "magical." It is just beautiful and green and always looked great no matter when we went (we visited the venue several times before our wedding). It's a very unique venue... Read More where the dinner hall is in a separate house from the reception area, so guests move into the reception area after dinner. Larry and Sidonee, the owners of the venue, were so friendly and helpful throughout the process. (They seem very respected in the Austin wedding community.) They made some changes to VOSH over the course of a few weeks right before our wedding (which I admit, did give us some minor heart attacks). Most of the changes were great though--they installed a beautiful new bar in the reception hall, but a few changes I was not as crazy about. For instance, the black archway that was covered in lights was taken down. Fortunately, they were willing to put it back up for our wedding and our guests loved taking pictures there. Several of our guests commented about how beautiful the venue was. You also really don't need that many decorations/flowers since it's so lush and green (we only had a few fake flower arrangements). Another great thing about VOSH is that you get a lot of bang for your buck as the price of the venue includes a DJ and day-of coordinator--Anthony. Anthony kept our wedding running smoothly and his song selection during the reception was great. (My one minor quibble is that he was sometimes slow to respond to our emails.) We are so glad we choose VOSH for our wedding!

2017-12-15T09:19:51 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Karen D

The Vista on Seward Hill is the most beautiful venue located in Austin, Texas! I am so very thankful for Sidonee and her team for making my sorority's formal a success, thats right, SORORITY FORMAL! I did not expect a wedding venue to adjust to our needs, but VOSH did. They went... Read More above and beyond and included services that helped me (the planner of the event) out. The venue is absolutely spectacular as every ne of our sisters thought so too. It's also hard to please 200+ people, but at VOSH, everyone had a great time. There are three convenient bars, photo opportunities just about everywhere you turn, a rockin' dancefloor + a rockin' DJ. My favorite thing about Vosh was that it was secluded from the city, and it was like our event was in its own private city. I can go on and on about how wonderful VOSH is. I got engaged recently, and I definetly know where I'm going to get married in the years to come. Thank you so much VOSH.

2017-12-15T09:20:21 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Lindsay V

We had an absolutely gorgeous reception at the Vista on Seward Hill in June. After looking at several different venues, we immediately fell in love with VOSH. The grounds are beautiful with so many different indoor and outdoor seating options for guests, and we loved the set up... Read More of the dinning room and separate indoor dance floor and bar area. Larry and Sidonee were wonderful to work with, and they even came and danced at our reception:) Anthony, the DJ and coordinator at the venue, was great in helping the reception to move along smoothly and ensuring a fun and classy evening. I would highly recommend this venue if you desire a truly beautiful wedding venue with a great location in Austin.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Rigo M

The Vista on Seward Hill was THE PERFECT venue for our wedding! I wanted something romantic and gorgeous and The VOSH was just that. The venue itself is so beautiful you really don't even need much decorations or anything. The staff are super friendly and they are prompt... Read More responders to anything you have questions about. We LOVED it, our guests loved it, and our wedding was absolutely magically beautiful!!! I would get married here over and over again to my husband if I could lol

2017-12-15T09:21:06 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Jenna S

Our wedding venue was gorgeous! After two years of planning with some bumps on the way we finally got married (woo!!) Owner Sidonee along side her Husband and son are so sweet, easy to talk to and very accommodating. The property itself is gorgeous with the string of lights... Read More going from tree to tree, optional lanterns in every color possible, fire pit cocktail tables outside and all the gorgeous soothing fountains! Then there is the two buildings which are great for having a separate dinning room and a separate dancing room while still being in the same area! The DJ that comes with the venue, Anthony, is a sweet man and very accommodating as well! He made sure our guest go to point a to point b, took special request while playing popular favorites and variety of music and played great cocktail hour music! Couldn't say enough about the vista!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Hilary B

Words can not express how much I love this venue. I attended a wedding here 2 weeks ago and somehow left my (expensive) sunglasses there. I called a week later hoping someone had turned them in. Well sure enough, the owner said he had them and the cleaners always leave whatever... Read More they find on his desk the next day. Things such as jewels of dresses, shoes, and money have all been turned in. In my opinion that is absolutely amazing. On top of that the owner mailed me my sunglasses first class the very next day. I can't thank the staff enough for everything they did. This venue is well kept with the perfect amount of hill country charm and filled with the most amazing and caring staff.

2017-12-15T09:21:38 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Sabrina W

Words cannot truly express how perfect my wedding was, it was truly out of a dream. From the atmosphere to the food, everything was amazing. When I first walked into the venue to tour it, my mouth dropped. There was an issue with my previous venue and I had to find a new one... Read More within a week. Sidonee was there to welcome me with open arms. I knew that this was THE place before knowing any of the details. This venue has everything you could ask for and more. Sidonee and Larry are such a pleasure to work with. They really care about their clients and are all around great people!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016

Oh my goodness, where do I start bragging on this venue. The most beautiful place with the most beautiful people who are just like family. If you are thinking of a destination wedding in Austin you need to call Larry and Sidonee. They made my daughter's wedding day a true... Read More success and many of the guests said what a wonderful location. Chandeliers hanging in the trees and beautiful fountains and statues. What is not too love. Unfortunately I only have one daughter and can't do it again.

Sidonee Seward

Sidonee Seward Owner of The Vista on Seward Hill. She visits with each bride one on one and will even help you plan your wedding from start to finish and Yes "She is As Sweet as she looks" "Start here and you will not have to look any further"