The Wadsworth Mansion at Long Hill Estate

Middletown, CT

Perfect venue to design the wedding of your dreams

Wadsworth Mansion is dedicated to creating customized weddings for the discerning bride. Only one celebration per day and couples select a caterer of their choice to create their dream wedding. Expansive terrace and manicured grounds can be utilized for ceremonies, cocktails, and dancing.

• Outdoor - Covered

Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Planning, Rentals + Equipment

421 Wadsworth St, Middletown, CT (860) 347-1064

Exceptional Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Malerie V

I cannot say enough wonderful things about both the venue and the wonderful ladies who make countless fairytale weddings happen there. From the moment we visited the website, we knew there was something incredibly special about Wadsworth Mansion. The tour only affirmed this. We... Read More were planning a June wedding and it was important to us that our venue had the option of air conditioning, as well as equally beautiful indoor and outdoor options (New England weather can be unpredictable to say the least) and that only one wedding per day was hosted at the venue. While there are many beautiful venues in CT, many of the others we toured did not have these options. Fortunately, the weather cooperated and were able to have an outdoor ceremony in the tennis pavilion/rose garden, followed by cocktail hour on the patio, dinner in the ballroom and dancing under the stars on the patio. It was such a unique and beautiful experience for all of our guests. Anne was truly a pleasure to work with and made the planning process a breeze. I had the utmost confidence that I would not have to worry about anything venue-related on my wedding day.

Wedding of My Dreams

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Lisa A

The moment I stepped foot on the estate I knew I wanted to get married at the Wadsworth Mansion. It fit with my desire for a "casually elegant" wedding. The cost of the venue included only the location, and left room for my husband and I to plan every detail. From the food,... Read More to name cards, table numbers, music, lighting, flowers, linens, chairs, cake, lawn games...you name it, we picked it with lots of thought. If you want a wedding where everything is done for you (obviously the less stressful choice), this is probably not the venue for you. Anne was there, then Jessica, to hep coordinate our day and help make sure things went smoothly. We also hired a coordinator with our catering company because we were not sure how involved the Wadsworth staff would be. Of course there were little things here and there that were forgotten (our bocce set not put out, glow sticks not handed out) but these little things are to be expected to a certain extent. We held our ceremony at the tennis pavilion behind the mansion and it provided such an intimate setting in contrast to the vast lawn which would be the other option. I highly recommend using the tennis pavilion for the ceremony. Our florist took my vision and ran with it! And cocktail hour was ready on the patio immediately following the ceremony. I couldn't have asked for a better venue to hold my wedding. The one thing I am sad about is that we had to end at 11pm on the dot, due to the noise ordinance in Middletown. Keep this in mind if you are having your dancing outside. You can check out pictures from the wedding on instagram at #awugahwedding .

A++!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2011 Nicole T

Not only is the mansion absolutely beautiful....the staff are incredibly kind and wonderful people. Great to work with, super professional and knowledgeable....and the mansion is GORGEOUS at all times of year - I got married during a HURRICANE and it was still absolutely... Read More beautiful and the best day of my life! Can't say enough good things about this place.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Caitlin D

Absolutely beautiful venue! The outside grounds are gorgeous and the mansion offers a pretty blank slate that you can transform into your perfect wedding. We had a wonderful time working with Jessica and Natalie. The day of our wedding we were very worried about the weather (big... Read More chance of rain), but mother nature held off for us and were able to be outside for our ceremony/cocktail hour. The staff was very accommodating with my wish to have as much of the wedding outside as possible. I was kept in the dark with the final decision, so that I couldn't dwell on the possibility of not having what I envisioned, but luckily it all worked out and I was very happy to be walking outside as I came down the aisle. For dinner we had stations, which I highly recommend at this venue, since the dining rooms are separated. Stations created a nice flow and forced guests to mingle, which was important to us. We also had a band, which was great and although it was a little tight inside, it didn't feel that way when everyone was dancing. It was a very lavish and magical day.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Renee S

We used the Wadsworth Mansion for both our ceremony and reception for our wedding this past July. I can not recommend this venue enough! The mansion is beautiful and the staff take excellent care of it. It was the perfect setting for our special day and had the exact vibe we... Read More were going for. The staff are so nice and help you every step of the way through the planning process, and you have a coordinator assigned to you the day of the wedding who makes sure everything runs smoothly. I also really loved that they organized a pre-wedding walk through along with our caterer a few days before the wedding. At the end of the event, they had everything cleaned up, packed and ready to go. And even though we didn't need it, I really loved and appreciated that they had a good back up weather plan too. Definitely had a fantastic experience here.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Amanda F

The mansion was an absolute perfect venue for our wedding day. The ambiance added to our excitement and the breathtaking backdrop made our photos priceless. The mansion staff was always attentive and so lovely to work with. I highly rerecord this venue for anyone who wants to... Read More get married at the most beautiful venue in CT.

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Brittany G

My husband and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Wadsworth Mansion. The venue itself is beautiful, private, well maintained, and provides you with so many wonderful backdrops for photos! We held our summer ceremony on the vista, cocktail hour on the patio,... Read More seated dinner in the dining rooms, and dancing back out on the patio. It was just PERFECT! Our guests continue to tell us it was the best wedding they've ever been to, and we truly feel it's because of how spectacular our venue was. Not to be outdone, the mansion staff are equally amazing! Director of Events, Jessica, was such a pleasure to work with from start to finish – she was organized and always answered my questions quickly which was extremely comforting when planning our wedding cross-country. Day of Coordinator, Natalie, was wonderful on our wedding day and made sure everyone was in the right place at the right time. She even fluffed my train right before the big walk down the aisle! If you're looking for a unique, elegant wedding venue with exceptional client service - look no further than the Wadsworth Mansion!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Ariane R

We were so happy with our choice to have our April 2017 wedding reception at the Wadsworth Mansion. It is a beautiful blank canvas that we were able to customize to our taste. Deb, Jess, and Natalie were all so pleasant to work with and helped us to find wonderful vendors and... Read More design a floor plan to make our dream wedding a reality!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Kassondra G

My husband had a beautiful outdoor wedding (ceremony at Tennis Pavilion, cocktail hour on terrace, dinner inside, reception on terrace) on a beautiful summer day in September. The weather was perfect, but we went in feeling prepared with plenty of options just in case the... Read More weather didn't agree with us —everything was perfect. Jessica and the rest of the staff were incredibly helpful, our caterers and other vendors were amazing, we couldn't have had a better wedding. The mansion is beautiful with its picturesque landscape and flowers. The price, although more on the expensive side, fit our budget. It was all worth it. Such a classic, timeless, romantic spot to say "I do." A perfect venue for all types of weddings (ours was under 100 people). Beautifully restored, decorated, and our day was so easy. Thank you, Wadsworth Mansion for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Becca B

Wadsworth Mansion is a bride's dream come true. We felt so lucky to have been married at this gorgeous, romantic, unique venue and all of our wedding wishes were catered to with loving care. We started off our experience at Wadsworth by meeting with Jessica, who was a positive,... Read More driving force behind our big day from the get-go. She helped us to create our perfect day with an expertise so great that it felt almost simple! Jess (as a Wadsworth bridge herself!!) knows the mansion like the back of her hand and she can make nearly ANY of your wedding desires come true. At our rehearsal, Jess passed the torch to Natalie who proved herself to be our newest wedding guru! Natalie corralled our huge wedding party and (at times) reluctant flower girl to make it down the aisle on time, with grace and ease. Natalie was the silent hero of the night, standing quietly in the shadows making sure everything was going off without a hitch and helping the caterer to organize the huge number of servers, bartenders, and utility staff. Not only is Wadsworth the perfect spot to host the wedding of your dreams, but it has a staff that makes it their one and only mission to make that dream wedding come true.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Wadsworth Mansion! My husband and I were married here in early June 2016, and the venue was absolutely stunning. Jessica and Natalia went above and beyond to make sure our wedding went off without a hitch, even calling another vendor on our... Read More behalf when we ran into some issues. We loved that we were able to have the majority of our wedding outside -- the ceremony, cocktail hour, toasts and dancing -- because the grounds are just as gorgeous as the mansion. We also liked the flexibility of the mansion... you're not locked into a specific caterer, so you can really save money if you pick the right one. When you consider that you'd spend a few thousand dollars to rent a plastic tent, spending a few thousand to rent Wadsworth for the day is money WELL spent.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Lisa M

My now husband and I were blown away when we drove up the driveway and saw the Mansion. We never expected to find ourselves getting married at such an amazing venue. While most venues that are in the near area have multiple weddings occurring at the same time and include... Read More catering/linens/etc, we loved the fact that we would be the only ones for the entire rental time and could plan out to the smallest details. Jessica and Anne were amazing to work with and really helped in making our wedding happen. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and truly makes decorating for a wedding easy.

Beautiful Venue but a little upset

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Diana

I had my reception here and it was great the interior and exterior are stunning BUT I'm a little upset about the extra charges. When we signed the contract we were told it was going to be $4500 for a friday wedding at the end it cost a little under $6000 and they kept my... Read More security deposit fee but we did not damage anything :( if you book with them make sure you ask about every fee and ask about hidden charges.

2014-10-22T09:42:01 Response from the vendor

We are sorry this bride is upset about the extra charges. She had a beautiful wedding with so many ornate, well thought out details that turned the mansion into a fairy tale event. Because the Wadsworth Mansion allows brides to create individualized weddings we allow... Read Less Read More

Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Alicia G

After visiting several possible venues, I decided on Wadsworth for 1 main reason...Deborah. She is warm and funny and makes you feel confident that everything will be taken care of. I would have easily paid double for what the mansion charges. The Wadsworth staff were... Read More responsive, available, and made the whole process effortless.

Dream come true!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Lexie L

We looked at wedding venues across the state of Connecticut for months before we finally stumbled upon this Middletown gem. The mansion has an experienced staff that was with us every step of the way from what hotels to book for our guests, to honeymoon recommendation; Jess and... Read More Anna were our wedding planners, coordinators, photographers and friends. Beyond that, the venue was absolutely beautiful, we were married at the end of August between two blooming hydrangea with a lush green lawn for the backdrop. The bridal suite upstairs had great wallpaper for photos and it was spacious enough for 8 bridesmaids and our hair and makeup artist while the boys were busy downstairs at both bars - the mansion has an indoor bar room and space for a bar setup outside. Weather held up so we were able to do the ceremony, toasts and dancing all outside under the stars, best day of our lives! So happy we picked the mansion!!

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Kaitlin M

This place is AMAZING!!!! Trust me! Have you're wedding here!! We received so many compliments on how elegant the mansion is at our wedding!! The women that run the Event Planning, Debra, Anne, and Jess, are wonderful!! They are there for you no matter what!!! We spent so much... Read More time taking trips out to the mansion to look around while we were planning and every time we showed up the ladies were happy to see us!! The rental time is perfect too!! It allows you more then enough time to allow your vendors to set up, have your ceremony and party, then for everyone to pack up without having to feel rushed. Plus their vendor list is nice to have so you don't feel over whelmed trying to find the right people for you especially with the caterers. Between Anne & Debra and our Catering coordinator Meghan from David Alan Caterers we didn't even need to think about a wedding planner. They answered all of our questions, helped us figure out everything from the time line to how things should be planned and set. My advice, don't look any further! The mansion is beautiful and elegant, the grounds are picture perfect and the service is unbeatable!!!! Go look at the mansion as soon as you can and get to know the ladies because it's always worth the trip! Thank you ladies so much for all your help!! We had so much fun!!

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 4/08/2013 Kristina W

The Wadsworth was a great place to host a wedding. People are afraid of the two dining rooms, but it gets people up and moving. We seated younger people in one room, and people my parents age (and older) in the other room. This meant my cousins and some close family friends... Read More were all going back and forth to see their parents/children. It was what we hoped for. Also, having food and dancing in the middle allowed people to mingle. They shut the side doors during cocktail hour, so everyone mingled in the logia. The setting couldn't be more beautiful, even in March, and we were really able to craft the wedding as we wanted it to be. If you don't have a lot of time to plan your wedding, a wedding planner, or a very dedicated mother, it might not be the best venue for you. You have to think of everything yourself, and if my mom hadn't been heavily involved, it would not have been such a beautiful wedding. The staff there are very helpful adn provide lots of suggestions.

Fabulous

Reviewed on 11/17/2012 lara b

Everything was perfect, couldn't ask for more!

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Courtenay C

Both Kristy and Deb at the Mansion were phenomenal to work with. They responded to all my questions and helped me out every step of the way. The Mansion in general is beautiful-and we didn't have to spend much on flowers and decor since it is so pretty as it is. I got so many... Read More compliments on how beautiful the location was in general. HIGHLY recommend this venue!!!

Stunning!

Reviewed on 11/09/2011 Susan K

The Wadsworth Mansion made our dream wedding come true! We had both our ceremony and reception here. The landscaping is beautiful, simple and very New England. With so many acres of land, there is more than enough outdoor space with complete privacy. This was a huge plus to... Read More us, especially with having an outdoor ceremony. I couldn't recommend more to tailor any wedding decor to the mansion. Working with the soft color palate that the mansion provided, made for the most beautiful and elegant wedding. The staff was absolutely wonderful and extremely accommodating. They helped us work out all of the details for our amazing day. Thank you so much for the best day of our lives :)

Beautiful Setting

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Monica L

Every time I visit the Wadsworth Mansion I am again blown away by how beautiful it is and how perfect it was for our wedding. Every one of our photos came out beautifully with the mansion details as a backdrop. Although a bit on the pricier side, once outside vendors are... Read More brought in, this was the perfect choice for our summer wedding. Note, the price listed includes only the rental of the mansion and no food or drink services. I definitely recommend the Wadsworth Mansion for a classy upscale wedding. :)

Highly Recommended (long review)

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Esther C

Review based on June 2011 wedding: Pros: 1)The staff is amazing. They are extremely helpful, available, friendly, flexible, professional, and organized. They were always responsive, patient, and accommodating with both myself (da bride) and my family/groom/etc. They are... Read More so personable and at the end of the wedding one staff member even sought me out to let me know how much she enjoyed my wedding, which I thought was really sweet. 2) The actual building is beautiful, clean, and bright. Don't be discouraged by the two big rooms. If you don't need both rooms having a second, quieter, sitting room is well liked by the guests. If you are using two rooms, people are only really split up while eating. Everyone comes together for the dancing! The "bar room" made going to the bar way more fun for some reason. Guests loved it. We set up the "museum room" as a photo booth. Guests that weren't dancing inside on the dance floor enjoyed the outside patio tables where they could watch everyone else make fools out of themselves and chat. The upstairs room for the bridal party was a life saver! A place to store stuff, make a costume/gown change, and discreetly cram hors d'oeuvres in the mouth. Also having a "secret" place to take five minutes to zone out and drink some water is unimaginably restorative and useful for maximum enjoyment of the evening. 3) The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. It makes for wonderful photos and I think it's impressive for the guests as they pull up that long driveway. Cons (not really cons, hence the Five Stars): 1) Good luck finding catering staff that is as great as the Mansion staff! Catering is an outside service that the Mansion does not provide and the folks I hired were not great (Riverhouse, I'll leave a review for them as well). The Mansion staff coordinated with the caterers perfectly, of course. 2) For some reason the Mansion staff could never spell my first name right. That being said, they weren't responsible for printing my name on anything at the wedding, so it didn't matter. It is just odd from a customer service POV, especially since they are SO AWESOME. Conclusion: The Wadsworth Mansion is highly recommended! EDIT: In response to a lukewarm review that I saw: Just wanted to add they they let my photographer and DJ check out the space in advance to test light and sound. Sure the reception is 5 hours (you can also "buy" an extra hour) but I was EXHAUSTED at the end of five hours. I never felt rushed, but I had my ceremony off-site in a church.

Gorgeous Venue to Make your Vision Come True!

Reviewed on 7/24/2011 Jaclyn S

The Wadsworth is a beautiful mansion that gives you the opportunity to choose all the special details you'd like at your wedding. Definitely more work than the package deals, but TOTALLY worth it! We had an amazing wedding day that was exactly what we had envisioned and... Read More reflected US! The staff is incredibly helpful in guiding you along the way with tips, recommendations of vendors, etc.

Amazing experience

Reviewed on 6/24/2011 Giuliana M

I am so happy we went with the Wadsworth to have our wedding reception. We wanted something different than your traditional wedding hall. The mansion is so beautiful and gave the party a more familiar feel. The rooms are beautiful decorated so we didn't need to go overboard on... Read More decorations with flowers and linens. The patio is spacious and has a wonderful view surrounded by trees. Kristy was very helpful, always answering promptly my questions and giving me many options of vendors. I really think having our wedding here made it very special and unique, people are still talking about it.

Amazing

Reviewed on 5/19/2011 Kim r

I recently had my wedding at the Wadsworth Mansion (4/30/2011) and everything was perfect! Kristy, Deborah & Debbie are the best! They were attentive and helped me with the final set-up of my wedding. We went through the timeline multiple times so that everyone was clear on what... Read More was supposed to happen and when. So, if there was a problem, like the other reviewer, they may have not have taken the time to get everything squared away. The caterers, florists, rental companies all arrived and set-up without a problem. We all were communicating with each other and the staff at Wadsworth Mansion was great at coordinating with everyone. The place was immaculate and the day was perfect. I honestly would recommend this place with all the stars in the sky!