The Waterfall Catering and Special Events

Guest Capacity

Ballroom

Food + Catering, Planning

3416 Philadelphia Pike, Claymont, DE

Beautiful but constantly under construction

Reviewed on 4/05/2015 Kayla A

We signed with the Waterfall last March while the renovation of the building began. We were told that it would be finished by the spring.. Then in the fall...then two weeks before we got married... Then two days.. Then the night before.. Which was all false because we still had drapes in the room where cocktail hour was held and construction equipment all over the back terrace where guests could see. It was horrible. Make sure they are done with construction before you sign!!! The food was wonderful and there was a LOT of it. Everyone loved it and raved about how good it tasted. The people who worked there were wonderful as well and very quick to email me back about anything I had questions about. The only other issue I had was that dinner was 30 minutes late so we sat around for a LONG time and I think people started getting really bored... we had a discounted rate because we signed before we could see the finished room, for the price they have now, (180pp I believe) I would really think long and hard about getting married here.

2015-04-07T10:36:24 Response from the vendor

Dear Kayla, Thank you for your feedback as we view your input as the necessary element to improve and grow. The most challenging issue for us in 2014 and the beginning of 2015 was to complete a multi-million dollar renovation while continuing to deliver world... Read Less Read More

Wedding Reception/Cocktail Hour

Reviewed on 1/30/2015 Dawn M

The Waterfall is the best venue in this area. Their food is excellent and the staff is tops. Everyone was great before and during our cocktail hour and reception.

gorgeous venue, amazing staff, delicious food!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Danielle P

My wedding ceremony and reception were held at The Waterfall 10/24/2014. It was amazing! About a year prior, we walked in, were welcomed by Bill, with a folder in hand answering all questions we could have had! He was professional, organized, and friendly! We already loved this venue! We booked it that day! A short while later, we were informed there were changes, they were purchased and in the process of renovations... I was nervous! This venue is BREATHTAKING now! We got so much more than we could have ever anticipated! It is a gorgeous place (the outside is under renovation still so safly I could not utilize that, but the plans for it are amazing). The staff at The Waterfall are remarkable...Bill, Dave, Angelo, and Amanda are who we worked with directly. ..every guest commented on the staff...and the FOOD! Nobody left hungry. ...cocktail hour is incredible and dinner is delicious! I've told by many that our wedding was the best ththey've ever been too...if that's not a huge compliment I don't know what is! We couldn't be happier to have had The Waterfall and their staff be a part of our special day!

Awesome, awesome, awesome

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Christina M

I'm not even sure where to start! If you are looking to have an easy, stress-free wedding, then the Waterfall is definitely the venue for you. I had both my ceremony and reception at the Waterfall, which made my life SO much easier because they really do take care of everything. The food was incredible, the room looked even more beautiful than I had anticipated, and the entire staff was extremely kind and helpful. While sitting at our sweetheart table, our conversation revolved around how beautiful the room looked and how delicious our dinners were! Food was one of my biggest concerns (I've heard way too many horror stories,) so it was great to hear my friends and family raving about how delicious everything was. On the morning of my wedding day, it was nice knowing that everything (favors, decor, etc.) was being taken care of - all I needed to do that day was show up!

Best venue around!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Jackie B

Where do I start!!?? There are so many amazing things to say about the waterfall. My husband and I had our wedding here on June 21 2014 and the staff here exceeded out expectations. Brett, Bill, Angelo and the wait staff went above and beyond to make our dream wedding come true. They are all extremely professional and took care of every need. The waterfalls ballroom is absolutely incredible. Everything is brand-new, clean, and modern. It is one of the most beautiful ballrooms I've ever seen. I'm so glad I chose my wedding venue to be here. Besides the service being impeccable, the food was out of this world. Cocktail hour started the night off right and it just got better. There was so much food everyone thought that cocktail hour was the actual dinner!!!! I cannot thank the waterfall enough for everything they did to make my day perfect. It felt so good hearing people compliment us on our venue and how much they enjoyed themselves. The waterfall staff truly made me one happy bride!! Thank you thank you thank you!! The Newlyweds, Mr & Mrs Joseph Tapper

Classic

Reviewed on 12/15/2012 Amanda M

My wedding was totally perfect. Bill that took care of everything for me was super helpful. I planned everything myself and let them iron out little details. I told them to just point me in the right direction on the big day because I wasn't going to stress over the schedule and I never worried about a thing. If you are concerned about price just customize it to fit your budget, maybe end an hour early or serve less before dinner. It could make a big difference. Plus your package inculdes an amazing cake. The hall itself is the most beautiful I have been in in the area and of course it has a waterfall. You will not be disapointed.

Great Place!

Reviewed on 8/15/2012 Christine D

We got married on a Friday night in the Twin Falls room. I had my own bridal suite (we actually had the whole place available because there was not another wedding or event!) Lucy was my salesperson and she was wonderful. She was very attentive to me from the time I arrived to the end of the reception. The cocktail hour took place in the lobby while my husband and I got our pictures taken with our families. Our reception was in the Niagra Falls room, which was right next door to the Twin Falls. We had about 75 guests so the tables were placed around the dance floor. I received many compliments from my guests about the table placements to the food portions. We went with the combination platters, which were a little pricier but very worth it - no one went away hungry! Since it was a Friday night the wedding cake was the dessert, but I asked if they could have an ice cream bar available and they did, so don't be afraid to ask! I was very satisfied with Waterfall and I would definitely recommend this venue to any bride. Even if you're not sure about it, check it out! They do have an outdoor area to get married and have your reception, but since I was just married in July I didn't want to take a chance with the weird Delaware weather. :)

The Waterfall was fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/27/2012 Dan R

My now wife and I settled on the Waterfall after looking at several other different venues in the greater Philadelphia area. The Waterfall was perfect - Lucy was amazing and took care of every single detail. The food was amazing and we received only very positive feedback from all of our guests about the Waterfall. Everything went so smoothly on our wedding day (July 1st, 2012) and we both would highly recommend The Waterfall!!!

Best Venue & Service Around

Reviewed on 5/21/2012 Pamela M

I couldn't be happier with the Waterfall. Lucy , Nick & staff took care of every little detail. I had no worries the day of the wedding. The venue is gorgeous and the staff is wonderful. I would recommend the Waterfall to everyone and anyone!!!

Classy

Reviewed on 9/15/2011 Jena C

Waterfall was a very classy, modern and beautiful place for our reception. And the food was out of this world. We were worried when we started to look for vendors for our reception. Most places we looked at had out dated decor (rugs, wall paper) and the food was typical wedding food, not much flavor and dry. But Waterfall's was the complete opposite. The decor was very modern and fit our beach wedding perfectly. And the food, my guests are still talking about how good it was a month after our wedding. The service was fabulous, especially our Mater D. There packages are very reasonable as they come with a lot of choices to choose from as well as a cake and flower center pieces. Since we choose not to use there service for the cake and florist they took that cost off our bill. Our wedding was on a Friday night in the middle of a storm and it went off with out a hitch because of the owners and staff at Waterfall.

great value

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 David L

Waterfall's staff is very helpful and experienced with weddings. The food is excellent (I received a lot of positive comments from guests), and the price is very reasonable. It's really for a mid-priced wedding. My wife wanted Hotel duPont, but that was really out of our range. The Waterfall was a very suitable alternative. The area around the Waterfall isn't great, but inside is very formal and elegant. Also, it's location close to the freeway is also a plus.

Pure Elegance!

Reviewed on 8/15/2011 Ebony F

I had the pleasure of having my wedding at this venue 7/29/11. Billy and Lucy handled most of the details and made sure EVERYTHING was perfect! Nick was my Maitre D and he was the absolute best. Nick was there making sure I ate during my photos and that I was enjoying my day. The food was AMAZING!! My guest were simply pleased with everything.

TO The Waterfall Catering and Special Events