Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

68 E Lancaster Ave, Paoli, PA

The BEST & Most Fabulous Wedding Shop in the Philadelphia Area!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Emily W

The Wedding Pavilion at Van Cleve is an absolute one-stop shop for all-things bridal. My experience with Deborah and Abby was nothing short of perfect--the day I bought my dress was everything I ever dreamed it would be. Deborah and Abby were supportive, encouraging and, most... Read More importantly, we had so much fun! Their selection of wedding dresses is incredible; a wide range of designers, styles and silhouettes, and ALL of the dresses are just breathtakingly beautiful. Both Deborah and Abby were extremely knowledgeable about each dress and its designer. They were prepared with silhouettes that would look best on my body, while also allowing me the time to browse the dresses and choose any that I wanted to try. The moment I found my dress was magical, and I am so excited to return to Van Cleve for my first fitting! Most of all, I can't wait for my future husband to see me in the dress of my dreams!! Go Van Cleve or go home, ladies!

Found the dress of my dreams!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Lacey S

I highly recommend The Wedding Pavilion at Van Cleve. Get ready for excellent customer service as well as a wide selection of dresses to chose from!They have dresses of all styles as well as all different price ranges! I (like everyone) tried a chain wedding shop and had a... Read More horrible experience. After having such a negative experience, my fiance and I tried The Wedding Pavilion. We fell in love instantly. The staff was so nice and made you feel extremely comfortable! They were also very welcoming that it was a same sex marriage! My fiance and I both found our dresses here!

Helped me find the wedding dress of my dreams - Thank you Abby and Ann Marie!

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Maureen O

Van Cleve provided superior service. It was the first store I went to, but as a diligent bride, I needed to do more research. I returned to Van Cleve because Abby, the store manager, made me feel like she would do the best to make my dress perfect. Abby and Ann Marie made... Read More this process seamless. My bridesmaids and my mother loved every minute of being in the store. My dress and accessories were stunning. I did not feel pressured at all. The end result was nothing but perfection. My Paloma Blanca gown was exactly what I envisioned my wedding dress to look like! I would highly recommend Van Cleve for all your bridal needs.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Pamela B

I found the most perfect dress for my fairy tale day at the Wedding Pavilion at Van Cleve! Vera did an incredible job altering my dress and we always received fantastic service when we were in the salon. My mom and I were able to choose a dress in less than 2 hours by giving... Read More Anna very limited input on what I was looking for and I received tons of compliments on the dress. The selection was huge and pricing was very reasonable! I didn't want to take my dress off when the wedding ended!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Alexa B

My experience at The Wedding Pavilion was everything I had hoped for! This is my very first stop for the search for my wedding dress and it ended up being the only one I would make! I was nervous going into it as i am a curvy women and thought that there wouldn't be a lot of... Read More dresses that would look good on me but boy was I wrong. Jolene, my consultant, made me feel so comfortable and there was an endless amount of designers and dresses to choose from. Jolene was so awesome as she listened very carefully to what I was looking for and even pushed me outside of my comfort zone to try on gowns that I never envisioned myself even trying on. I never felt pressured to try something on and Jolene was very conscious about my budget. I was almost positive that I had found the perfect dress but said I wanted to sleep on it and everyone was very respectful of my decision. It turned out that I didn't need a day to think about it, I found myself back in the store 3 hours later buying the dress! I would highly recommenced The Wedding Pavilion to any bride looking for a an amazing selection of dresses at even more amazing prices with great customer service. Thank you to everyone at Van Cleve, espeically Jolene!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Jen S

I went to 4 places before finding The Wedding Pavilion, but I wish I had found it first!! They have a HUGE selection of dresses that range in price. The consultants are not pushy at all, they made the experience incredible, and truly wanted you to find your perfect dress. My... Read More bridal party also got the dresses from The Wedding Pavilion. From start to finish, working with The Wedding Pavilion was a great experience!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Andi R

Love love love Van Cleve! They were amazing! I bought by dress, my bridesmaids dresses and I also had my alterations done at Van Cleve. I especially want to thank Mehtap who did my alterations. She was so amazing to work with and made my dress fit perfectly for my big day. Thank... Read More you Van Cleve for everything! XOXO

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Beth M

I found my dream wedding dress at Van Cleve Wedding Pavilion, and had amazing experience trying on many dresses. Then I went in for the fittings... At the first fitting, my dress was loose except around the bust area, which fit great. The seamstress, Maytop, grabbed my love... Read More handles and said "other than this FAT, it looks good". Then at the end she said "at least your arms are really big so they will hold up the dress". She also said it was a little loose around the stomach area, but I asked her not to touch it in case I fluctuated in weight by the next fitting. She assured me she wouldn't. I left and cried in my car before heading home, because I felt like I was overweight and fat. For a visual, I am a 33DD and wear size 2-4 jeans. I showed up at my second fitting 3 pounds lighter than my first fitting and the stomach area was so tight! It also pinched me at the top of my ribs on both sides, and I know I wasn't any bigger there. The fit didn't make any sense bc she swore she hasn't altered it there (after I reminded her that I had previously asked her not to)but I know she took it in. She had also added breast cups that were padded push-ups instead of the original thin ones she had used at first fitting. She told me the cups were fine and that she knew and I didn't (they made me look ridiculous)...and then told me to promise her I would lose weight before the wedding (only 3 weeks away!!). I left and drove home crying...again. After speaking to the owner, for the third fitting I was put with Vera, who was very nice to work with. It was obvious that Maytop had taken in my dress too much and that there was barely any fabric to let it out the appropriate amount. She seemed afraid to say anything when the owner asked her "We didn't alter this part, did we?". She couldn't even make eye contact when she answered, "no". Vera did what she could and let it out about 1/4", which helped a little but was still uncomfortably tight, wasn't flattering, and it had a huge gape below the bust because they had to take out any cups to make the body fit somewhat ok. The dress was completely different than what it was supposed to be. I was close to tears and was focusing on not crying the entire appointment because I hated how the dress made me look. In the end, I counted my losses but I was upset every day up to and including my wedding day. It went from being my dream dress to making me feel unattractive and fat. My photos and videos from the day are further proof (especially to close friends and family) that I was uncomfortable and close to tears over feeling ugly on the day of my wedding. I can't believe I spent almost $5,000 to have their alterations department ruin a dress and then lie about it. Go to the Wedding Pavilion to pick out your dress, they are amazing and made me feel so beautiful. I just wish their alterations department hadn't ruined it. In talking to other friends I was amazed at how many brides/bridesmaids/customers said almost exactly the same thing- that the stores merchandise was amazing but the service and alterations were awful and that they had bad experiences. I was extremely excited about my dress when I bought it and I will forever regret using the alterations department at Van Cleve. Don't let them ruin you feeling beautiful on your wedding day! Buy a gorgeous dress there but take it somewhere else for alterations!

2016-07-09T17:03:00 Response from the vendor

May I start by saying that you were a beautiful bride, we shared your photo because we thought you looked so lovely ...I am glad you had a wonderful experience in our bridal salon. On the other hand, I am devastated that you have so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Christine D

What I loved: The dress, the alterations, the attention to detail and service, great value, great people to work with. Helpful hints: When I went to the Wedding Pavilion, I believe their price range was $1,000 to $10,000. They had many gorgeous dresses on the low end of that... Read More range. Gorgeous and expensive looking. Don’t skip this place if you are in the $1-2K range. When you go, show them your pin boards of dresses. Even if they don’t have any of them, they’ll put you in great dresses that fit your style. Go with the in house alterations if you can afford it and ask for Vera. I’d personally recommend getting accessories (headpieces, sashes, jewelry) on Etsy to save money so that you can use it towards alterations. Ask about trunk shows in case you can get a discount on your dress by buying at a certain time. Review: Annmarie was great to work with, and she put me in the dress of my dreams, UNDER budget – I could even throw in the veil with what was left of the dress budget. The very first dress I tried was the one, but I wanted to try more just to be sure, so she put me in quite a few others that were just as beautiful and flattering, and within my relatively modest budget. Compared to another area bridal salon with dresses in the same price range, the dresses at the Wedding Pavilion felt much more expensive and dreamy. I could have picked any of at least five different dresses that day and been more than happy with them, but I ended up going with the one that was truly me. Annmarie knew it all along, but still there was no pressure to buy. And they let you take pictures! I considered going elsewhere for the alterations, because it was a bit pricy for my budget, but ended up going in-house with the Wedding Pavilion because I’d read good reviews, I was under budget for the purchase of the dress, the alteration price was a set price for just about anything you wanted to have done, and it was convenient to do everything there. I was not disappointed. If you get your alterations done at the Wedding Pavilion, I recommend Vera. She is meticulous, and she knew what I wanted without me even having to say – she just has a great eye. In one appointment, a different seamstress had to put me in my gown initially, and I didn’t like where she placed my sash. Vera came in and immediately fixed it, without me having to say a word. She is also very nice – I had a friend bring her toddler to a fitting, and Vera just rolled with it. She chatted with my friends and seemed genuinely excited for me. She helped me get the dress into the car when I picked it up and told me what to do to keep it from wrinkling. She knows her stuff, and will make your dress fit like a glove. I’m the kind of person who constantly tugs up strapless dresses, but I never once had to adjust my strapless wedding gown – it fit so perfectly.

Great selection, amazing staff!

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Tisha T

I bought my dress, a Pronovius gown, in February. Ann Marie was so helpful and informative through the process, and was able to find the perfect accessories (veil & crystal belt) to complete the look! I had several alteration sessions with Vera in the fall, and she was amazing!... Read More My dress had to be taken in significantly, and her alterations made it look custom made to fit me! Through the fitting process, I also found a great faux fur shrug that came in handy as it got pretty chilly on my big day! Overall, I had a great experience getting my dress through Van Cleve & would highly recommend to others!

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Ashley F

Abby was awesome. She listened to what I had in mind and found a dress I really love. I can't wait for my fitting to see it again

Best bridal salon experience ever!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015

I made one appointment after visiting several bridal salons in the area and found Van Cleve to provide everything I was looking for - a beautiful bridal boutique with class and elegance. They have highly professional and skilled bridal consultants who are very down to earth and... Read More provide excellent customer service. They provide affordable and very luxurious bridal gowns for every budget. Ann Marie and Abby were patient with me, included my guests in the shopping experience, and made me feel at ease buying one of the most pivotal pieces to my wedding. I insisted on buying my 8 bridesmaid gowns here too because I loved their approach and think they did it better than any other shop around.

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Katelyn M

Maddie was the BIGGEST help with my bridesmaids and helping me find my dress everyone was sooo helpful and amazing with listening to my ideas and what I wanted and pictured myself in on the big day, and I found my dream dress thanks to their help! Everyone there is absolutely... Read More amazing!!

great experience

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Hillary G

Abby was my dress consultant at Van Cleve when I tried on bridal dresses for my wedding. She was great - not pushy, totally listened to me and what I was looking for and kept my budget in mind. The alterations for my dress were actually $250 cheaper at a store about 5 miles... Read More down the road from Van Cleve but I ended up buying the dress from Abby and agreeing to the higher price because I liked working with her so much. I highly recommend Van Cleve, but Abby in particular!

Highly recommended bridal shop!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Kimberly L

I purchased my Cassablanca gown and jewelry from the Wedding Pavilion. The shop had a great selection of bridal gowns. The podium, mirrors and lighting allow you to really appreciate how you look in the dress. The staff were more than accommodating, honest, and had great... Read More advice. Their prices were reasonable and I took advantage of their great jewelry sale to accessorize. My wedding is not until April, but I am looking forward to working with the girls. I have been to other bridal shops, but I would most highly recommend the Wedding Pavilion at Van Cleve!

Bridal Gown and appointment

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Katie W

I found my bridal gown online and while searching where to find it, Van Cleve was the first name to appear. I called asking if they had this gown and was told by Ann Marie that it would arrive in a few weeks. She offered to call me when it arrived and took down my information,... Read More including all other dresses I was interested in trying. I received a call a few days later saying the dress had arrived and I immediately made an appointment! They allowed me to take make appointments on two different days until I confirmed which day worked better for me and my guests. When my appointment day finally arrived, I was treated as if I was the only customer there, although someone was waiting for their appointment. Ann Marie was absolutely wonderful, offering advice and insights but not being pushy. She even let me try on the two dresses I narrowed it down to again to help me make my decision! I usually am not a decisive person, but was when it came to my wedding dress, with the help of Ann Marie. She made my dress shopping day exactly what I dreamt it would be! With her help, I chose the original dress I called for. I had such a wonderful experience with Van Cleve and Ann Marie and would recommend their salon 100%! Proud to be a Van Cleve Bride!

Van Cleve

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jenna P

Very comfortable environment to try on dresses and really say what you think. Great service, great enthusiasm and support, and great prices!

Perfect Perfect Perfect

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Samantha S

The Wedding Pavilion at Van Cleve was the first shop I looked at for my Wedding Dress. I had no idea what I was going for so we tried on all different styles (plenty to chose from!) around the 8th one I fell in LOVE with the dress I was wearing. Now I am not the type of girl who... Read More finds the perfect anything in one shot let alone my Wedding Dress! so I left and explored other places. I went to 2 more places and nothing compared to the service and the amount of options The Wedding Pavilion at Van Cleve had. I went back a couple weeks later to put the dress I fell in love with on again and knew it was meant to be. Ann Marie was amazing at figuring out what dresses matched what was coming out of my mouth. And I didn't notice this until I went other places but the way they put you in the dress and put the clamps on to tighten it up MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE in the way you look and feel. Ann Marie made sure she clamped these dresses like I was ready to walk down the isle. The other places clamped them loosely and I felt like I was just trying on a dress that didn't fit, not my future wedding dress. I cant say enough good things about my experience with The Wedding Pavilion at Van Cleve. I loved it and I cant wait until June 2016 to wear my wedding dress!

The best of the Best!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Ann Marie K

I found my dream gown and accessories here! The selection is by far the best - about 3 stores combined - and alot were under my budget too! Their consultants are top notch, very experienced, friendly and hard working! I would refer the Wedding Pavilion at Vancleve to everyone... Read More planning their wedding.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 3/24/2015 Alexis P

After visiting quite a few bridal boutiques, I made an appointment at VanCleve to see if they had anything that might catch my eye. I was fortunate enough to find my dream wedding dress there. The staff was incredibly attentive and listened to my requests, while also encouraging... Read More me to try on a few options that I may not have otherwise. The seamstress did a wonderful job with the alterations, and even made the custom sash that I wore. Waiting almost 9 months for my dress to arrive was certainly not easy – but it was worth the wait and a wonderful experience all around.

Love VanCleve!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

I am so impressed with my experience here! I asked for a particular dress, and they borrowed the dress specifically for me. I loved it, bought it, and they ordered it in my size!! My cannot wait for it to arrive so I could try it on and have it sized. I would absolutely... Read More recommend VanCleve to anyone!!

great place

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Julie J

I had been to 5 other places and Van Cleve was my last stop. I saw the dress online and luckily they had it! The sales lady let me try on a few other dresses which were not mt taste and once I tried my dress on I knew the search was over. I can't remember the woman's name but... Read More she had a short hair cut. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The dress was pricey, but hey you only get married once right? i ordered mine in white because just about every dress is ivory. Kind of a pain when all you want to see is white and how it looks on your skin. I felt like I waited an eternity or it to come in but there was enough time for alterations. The seamstress a very sweet Ukrainian woman named Vera. She did a wonderful job making sure my dress fit perfectly. I plan to visit the shop to thank them very soon! they have a wonderful staff and are very professional.

Dress

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Emily P

I absolutely loved my wedding dress and it fit beautifully, but there were a few bumps along the way that occurred at The Wedding Pavilion. I currently live in Pittsburgh, but we got married in our hometown 5 hours east, and The Wedding Pavilion carried the designer I was... Read More looking for. I had a wonderful experience with Abby who pulled the dress I had my heart set on! I had tried on this dress at another store and it fit perfectly and Abby was willing to contact the other store to make sure we got the right size. As an out of town bride where I struggled with The Wedding Pavilion was when it came to the alterations. My first fitting was with Wendy, who pinned my dress and scheduled my next two appointments. She told me the second was to make sure everything still fit, slight adjustments and that I should bring a bridesmaid so she could learn to bustle my dress. The third was my final fitting and I would be able to bring my dress home with me that day. Unfortunately Wendy did not “do” weekend hours and because I had to travel far, my fittings needed to be on a Saturday, so she planned for my second fitting to be with another seamstress. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY BRIDE TO MEET WITH DIFFERENT SEAMSTRESSES! When I showed up at my second fitting with my bridesmaid nothing was done to my dress, the train was not bustled, my straps not taken in, my hem was hanging from the bottom of my dress. After expressing my concerns, I received half of my alterations fee back to cover the cost of travel. I then rescheduled to meet with Wendy again before my last fitting. Not even two days later I received a phone call from Beth telling me that Wendy would not be there and that appointment had to be rescheduled. Again being 5 hours away you cannot get there at the drop of a hat. Beth was able to resolve the issue by assigning a new seamstress, Maytop. I met twice with Maytop and she did a phenomenal job on my dress and it fit beautifully. Overall I am so pleased with my dress and many of the people that work there and their solutions to the problems that arose! With high recommendations of Abby, Beth and Maytop.

Great place

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

I pretty much ended up at the wedding pavilion because they were one of two places anywhere near me that carried the dress I was looking for. I tried on the dress at both places but the staff at the wedding pavilion were soooo much nicer, more professional, and more knowledgable... Read More that others. They really were great. The only reason that I gave them 4 stars instead of 5 is because I feel like other places have me more of a discount - but the wedding pavilion seems to cherish their relationships with their designers and I think just tries to stick to their rules!

So helpful

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Marina W

I walked in here with no appointment just to look around. I was searching for a head piece, but had no clue what I wanted. The girls here were amazing! After trying on several different items, they hit the nail on the head with this gorgeous hair sash that was beyond perfect. I... Read More was so happy. Everyone loved it and thought it paired perfectly with my dress. So glad I walked in here!