Exquisite Style, Extraordinary Experience.

It’s about beautiful surroundings. It’s about dedication to the details. It’s about exceeding expectations. It’s about luxury. At The White Dress by the shore, we re-define luxury every day with our curated collection of chic couture for brides & maids, offered in an antique home.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

104 E Main St, Clinton, CT (860) 669-4596

Love!

Reviewed on 12/28/2011 Stacey S

I made the trek down to Connecticut in search for my dream dress. I had been eying it forever. As soon as my maid of honor and I walked in, we were treated so wonderfully. I worked with Kelly and she truly went above and beyond. She found my dress for me (nicknamed Courtney) and... Read More picked out several other beautiful gowns for me to try on. It was such a great experience. Even when I went to pick up my gown, everyone was so nice to work with. There were a couple stores closer to where I live that carried my dress, but The White Dress by The Shore caught my eye from the start. It was certainly well worth the drive and I can't recommend them enough. I just love the whole atmosphere of the store. Kelly if you read this, Thank You so much for all of your help and helping me find my dream dress. You are fantastic!

Found the perfect dress

Reviewed on 10/12/2013 Kelly E

Beautiful shop, women know what they are doing. My daughter knew what she wanted and they had it. When she came out in THE dress I knew it was IT. No pressure. Added things to the dress that my daughter wanted without any hassle. Offered us beverages. It took quite a long... Read More time to get her gown but worth it, she looked amazing in it.

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Sara S

Love this place! It was the second place I went to look for a wedding dress and as soon as I walked in I knew this would be the place. Shana was the girl who I worked with and she was just awesome. I tried on many dresses, and I loved every single one I put on they have such a... Read More huge selection of gorgeous gowns, Shana did not rush me or push me like I know some places do. She made the whole experience so fun for my mom and I. And when I decided on a dress, we had some champagne! I did not do alterations here because they are a bit pricey here and I also wanted a place closer to where I live but they were so great at finding me someone. If your looking for a wonderful experience with an awesome staff this is the place to go.

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Ashley D

From start to finish my experience with The White Dress by The Shore was wonderful! We worked with Kelly for my initial appointment and she was amazing. She listened to my ideal gown style and budget and made me feel so at ease. I ended up purchasing the first gown I tried... Read More on, a beautiful dress from Theia. The alterations process was very thorough and I was confident in the fit the whole time. I was married in my dream gown and felt so beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Meredith M

I had a wonderful experience at the White Dress by the Shore. All of the staff were patient, knowledgeable and go out out of their way to make you feel special. I worked with Shana through out the entire process. She helped me pick the perfect dress for myself, my Mom and my... Read More bridesmaids! She was such a special part of helping me to feel beautiful on my wedding day! You will not be disappointed if you choose to say yes to the dress at the White Dress by the Shore!

2017-10-11T14:05:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your sweet words. We love being able to create the entitre look for the bridal party, not just the bride! Congratulations! xo

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Nicole A

The White Dress by the Shore is the most beautiful bridal boutique ever, they have SO many options and Lauren was absolutely fabulous to work with! I was there a couple hours the first time I went trying on tons of dresses in different styles, they were all breath taking.... Read More Lauren was knowledgeable in the customizations I wanted and ensured everything went smoothly all the way through my final fitting! She was always available to chat whenever I had questions and even helped with some billing inquiries. My bridesmaids got their dresses through The White Dress by the Shore as well and they all looked stunning! I highly recommend them to anyone that has high quality standards and expects a royal treatment, I truly felt like a queen on my big day and throughout the entire process! Thanks so much Lauren and everyone else at The White Dress by the Shore!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Whitney D

Between dress shopping and fittings, my mom and I spent a lot of time at The White Dress by The Shore in the months leading up to my wedding, especially with our *amazing* stylist Lauren, and we agreed it was without a doubt one of the best and most positive parts of the wedding... Read More planning process. I purchased my wedding gown and belt at TWD and my mom got her day-of and rehearsal dinner dresses, and every experience with this team was above and beyond! The space is beautiful and cozy, their dress offering is unique and stunning and I truly looked forward to each visit. Lauren was THE. ABSOLUTE. BEST! I cannot say enough nice things about her and our experience working with her, she is so knowledgeable and fun and has a great sense of style and she was so helpful in every step, from choosing dresses and accessories to coordinating a substantial dress alteration and multiple fittings, she was always so organized and such a positive presence and I cannot thank her enough for how easy she made this entire process. Thank you SO much! XO

2017-10-06T08:51:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words about Lauren..we agree that she is the best :) We are so glad that you had the wonderful experience with us that we strive to provide every bride. xo

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Jacqueline L

There will not be enough words of love that I can share about The White Dress and the ladies that make the magic happen here. Just know the love for them is endless...I'll use my words to provide helpful details: The salon is pristine while being warm and welcoming. It's got a... Read More classic, feminine decor with beautiful New England touches (hard woods, beautiful stone fireplace, etc.). So, at first sight, you're in a beautiful space. The selection that you'll find is so balanced, there is something for everyone that comes in and you won't feel like you're sacrificing if you're more budget conscious (you'll still be in a reputable designer in a gorgeous dress made with fine fabrics/textiles). Not only do they have a wide range of prices, but they have so many amazing styles and Beth the salon owner (who I'll get to in a moment) has such an eye for how the dress can be customized during alterations. Ok, so space - check, dresses/designers - check, price range - check. The stylists you'll meet are sweet, personal and personable, they listen, they want you to feel amazing and they have vision! They are not pushy...ever! Even after you've tried on too many dresses and are feeling confused, they are patient and helpful. They are women you feel are friends after two hours! Penny who does the alterations at the White Dress is sweet, she listens and she is incredibly skilled. Beth is the best in the business and I shopped in Boston, NY and lots of places in between. What you get with Beth is someone who gets excited with you, helps you make decisions for you, shares in the process and has style, vision and the ability to make beautiful things come to life! Visit The White Dress to see for yourself (you can also get a good sense of what you'll get with their instagram @thewhitedress). Congrats to you!

2017-09-29T11:37:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jacque for sharing these kind words with us. You and you your family were a joy to work with several years ago when your sister got married...and again a few months ago. You looked stunning in your gown and veil! We were honored... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Amanda C

Today was my first and last time shopping for my perfect wedding gown thanks to The White Dress By The Shore! The atmosphere of the boutique as soon as you walk in, is warm & inviting. The overall experience this place provides you with is amazing! I cannot rave enough about my... Read More bridal consultant Kim, she was amazing! She helped me feel like a bride & accommodated my family & I with what ever we needed. She made my family & I feel welcome & important. For any of my future bride friends & and any of my future appointments I will be returning to this gorgeous little boutique by the sea & recommending Kim!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Megan H

The White Dress by the Shore made me feel like a bride. From the moment we walked in, Lauren made us feel comfortable and relaxed. The selection of dresses was incredible. I was able to try on many different dresses in the style I was looking for. While trying on dresses, we... Read More never felt rushed or pressured to make a decision. I found the perfect dress. When I returned for the fittings, Penny was absolutely amazing. Her talent was incredible. She tailored the dress perfectly and I wouldn't have changed a thing! I am so thankful to have worked with such talented people for such a big purchase. I was also appreciative of the flexibility of trying to schedule an appointment knowing that I did not live close to Clinton. Thank you!

2017-09-05T09:04:38 Response from the vendor

We so appreciate you sharing your kind words! We are thrilled to have provided you the experience that we always strive for! xoxoo

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Dana S

I had such an amazing experience at The White Dress By the Shore! Everyone was so welcoming and accommodating! I went to two other bridal stores and neither experience could compare to the treatment I received here. I have a hard time making decisions so I know I wasn't the... Read More easiest customer but Beth and her team were so patient and really listened to me. I found White Dress By the Shore because they were hosting a Hayley Paige trunk show and I fell in love with one of the dresses. I had appointments elsewhere the next day so I held off and Beth and team were extremely understanding. They allowed me to come in two days later without an appointment to try it on again which gave me the time I needed to know for sure that this was the perfect gown. I am so thankful and cant say enough about how great this place is!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Amanda F

This is simply the most amazing place. They have the most beautiful dresses and really make the wedding dress experience so special. I feel so lucky to have come here for my wedding dress. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Tina B

I had a wonderful experience from start to finish. From picking out my dress. To my accessories appt and all my alteration spots. Everyone was great that I worked with. I always felt at eased. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding dress.

2017-08-18T10:52:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for kind words. It is our goal to make very bride feel special and to provide them with an exceptional shopping experience. We are thrilled that this goal was achieved with you! xoxxo

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Brenna J

I tell every bride I meet that they need to go to The White Dress by The Shore for their gown! I had an incredible experience there. I went to a couple of other stores that weren't really my vibe - I have a very classic style and a lot of the bridal trends today are more... Read More bohemian. But White Dress really has everything. My mom and my Maid of Honor came with me, and were able to pick out dresses alongside our awesome consultant, Alexandra. She listened to my feedback and showed me dresses in a variety of styles and prices. I never felt pressured to buy, which was important to me. I ended up with a gorgeous Jenny Yoo dress below budget that was perfect. I had about 5 dresses to choose from at the end and loved them all!! I also got my accessories there - sash and veil. They hooked me up with a lingerie store in Branford and even a seamstress in my hometown of West Hartford. My mom ended up getting her MOTB dress there as well! Highly recommend - this is practically a wedding institution in CT, and for good reason.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Kimberly P

I can not say enough about the amazing experience I had here. It was my first time trying on bridal gowns and I did not expect I would find something that day. From the moment we walked in everyone was amazing. I had no idea what I wanted and Kim was so helpful in helping me... Read More select a variety of styles to try. I fell in love with the first dress but Kim was very patient as I tried on multiple other gowns and offering suggestions. I was never rushed and did not feel pressured to buy anything. When I finally decided to try on the first dress again, Kim had selected a veil she thought would work well and I fell in love. The owner Beth even took the time to pop in through the appointment to see how we were doing. I felt as though her and Kim were just as excited as we were when I chose my gown. My experience here exceeded my expectations and I can not wait for my gown/ veil to come in! I will hopefully be back soon to choose bridesmaids dresses as well. I can not recommend this shop enough. Thank you for such a special experience!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Brittany G

My experience at The White Dress was nothing short of fabulous! TWD was the third bridal salon I visited, and I knew as soon as I walked in that I would find my dress there. My bridal consultant, Lauren, was professional, friendly, and sweet! She listened to what I was looking... Read More for in a gown and helped me find a simple, elegant Amy Kuschel gown that was basically made for me. When my dress came in, TWD happily accommodated my limited fitting schedule due to my status as a cross-country bride. During my fittings, Lauren assisted me in purchasing some beautiful Sara Gabriel accessories that seamlessly completed my look. If you're looking for a full service bridal salon that has a top notch selection of gowns and accessories but still want the intimate feel of a small business - look no further than TWD!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Brittany R

LOVE this place!!! They treat you like family and like you are their only bride right from the start! They make everything so easy and stress free when it comes to finding a dress and getting alterations done on time!!! I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Haley U

Working with the white dress was such a pleasant experience. The white dress was the first bridal salon I visited to look for a dress and I found my dream dress thanks to the bridal consultant Lauren. Every visit from there on out was amazing. The seamstress that I worked with... Read More was so sweet. After hearing experiences from friends who are married and shopped at the large bridal salons, I am so glad I chose to shop at a small business and have such an intimate and warm experience.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Jason W

After visiting multiple bridal shops (4 in one day!) I felt so exhausted and felt like nothing was going to fit me. Most dresses carried by other shops in the area were limited to a Size 2, especially the ones that I liked (figures). I am a size 12 in normal everyday dress size... Read More and felt like nothing would fit. Arriving at the White Dress by the Shore, my family and I were greeted by friendly staff, apple cider mimosas and the most gorgeous decor of any shop I had been to. I already knew I wanted to buy from them because I respected so many of the business choices they had made. I was sold when I tried on a dress that was a size 18 UK, which fit me perfectly as it was. It really helped me see the final product and enjoy the full experience. My consultant was Lauren and she did a fantastic job. Their seamstress, Penny, is also wonderful. I cannot recommend them highly enough. If you want a low-stress buying experience, please go visit them.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Jill P

Wedding gown shopping was one of the most stressful aspects of wedding planning for me. I am not an off-the-rack size and knew it was going to be a challenge finding a gown that I loved and that looked good on my frame. After a few failed attempts elsewhere, I was able to... Read More secure an appointment at the White Dress by the Shore. I recall telling my sister/MOH that she didn't need to make the drive for the appointment as it was probably going to be another disappointment. My experience at the White Dress was anything but a disappointment. I was taken care of by Beth (owner) and Kim on my first appointment. I was swept away by all of the details to include a private salon with beautiful décor and accessory pieces to look at while I was waiting. Kim was very patient and accommodating to all of my needs and questions. I felt special, even beautiful, when we landed on the gown that I knew was for me. Beth’s expertise and amazing style allowed me to add a custom feature (sleeves) to my gown that made it the perfect selection for me. My mother and I were provided champagne to celebrate as we finalized the details of my gown order. I made several trips back to the White Dress for my fittings, jewelry selection and gown pick-up. Lauren, Shana and the other associates I encountered were all friendly, professional and always made me feel special. I even received a hand-written note from Kim after selecting my gown. While all brides will have different styles and budgets, I would recommend the White Dress by the Shore to anyone who wants to feel like a princess during their gown experience. The number of complements I received on my special day exceeded my expectations and most importantly, I took my groom’s breath away. Beth and her team at the White Dress by the Shore helped make my wedding dreams come true.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Tara F

I've known about The White Dress by the Shore for years, but always assumed I would be happy with a much less expensive wedding dress and therefore wouldn't be buying from them... until I fell in love with the Hayley Paige "Behati" gown and HAD TO try it on. I found out about a... Read More HP trunk show last minute and was able to make my appointment with only 2 days notice. They were able to accommodate a large group of my family and bridesmaids in the fabulous upstairs room and were incredibly friendly and helpful. My consultant pulled about 6 dresses for me - a mix of Hayley Paige gowns from the trunk show and others that they have at the shop regularly - and despite the small sample sizes not fitting my plus-size body, she was able to give me a great idea of how they would look on me in the end. Turns out the Behati gown WAS the dress for me and because of the trunk show, I got it at 10% off. The fitting/alteration process went smoothly thanks to their extended hours on Thursday evenings (but cost a bit more than I initially planned for) and I picked my dress up a few weeks before the wedding. I can't imagine having a better dress experience anywhere else - would definitely recommend this shop to anyone looking to purchase a designer gown for their big day.

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Kristin L

The White Dress by The Shore and Callan in particular was awesome. She helped me find the perfect dress, and it was something she pulled for me based on what she knew I liked. I had visited a few other shops, but The White Dress by The Shore definitely had the most beautiful... Read More dresses. It was well-worth the ride up there!

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Adrianna C

I am a shopper. I can shop around for hours for anything and everything. I figured that I would be shopping forever for the most important dress of my life. But, from the moment I walked into The White Dress by the Shore, I knew I had found THE PLACE. The place that I was... Read More going to find my dream gown. I just knew that this would be my last stop and that I was going to be a TWD Bride. My time spent at TWD was truly the best experience of my entire wedding planning process. I did not want it to end! I would get married again (to the same guy, of course) if it meant that I could continue shopping at TWD! From start to finish (and even afterwards), Beth and her girls went above and beyond to ensure that my vision became a reality and my wedding look was beyond perfect. My bridesmaids looked flawless, as well! I highly recommend this beautiful shop to all brides to be.

2017-04-11T08:34:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! We are so thrilled that you had a wonderful experience with us and that you chose to share that experience with future brides. We were honored to dress you and your maids and wish you all of the happiness... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Kayla C

I am thrilled to be a TWD bride! After another local shop dropped the ball and couldn't deliver on alterations that had been promised for the first dress I initially said "yes" to, Alexandra made both of my shopping appointments, easy, comfortable, and stress free. She truly... Read More listened to what I was looking for in a dress and nailed it, the first MWL gown I put on wound up being "the one". I already cannot wait to go back to the shop for my fittings this summer!

2017-03-28T12:57:59 Response from the vendor

We are so thrilled that it all worked out and that you ended up with the gown (and boutique) that were meant to be! xoxo

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Kate H

I loved my experience at White Dress by the Shore! I had always heard great things about them, and a good friend had the best experience, so when I knew which dress designer I wanted to go with, I was so thrilled to hear that they carried her line. The entire staff at the... Read More White Dress was so attentive and gracious throughout my entire experience- they truly made dress shopping special.

2017-03-07T12:49:20 Response from the vendor

We are so pleased that you had a great experience with us and we so appreciate your girl friend referring us! That is what friends are for :) We look forward to working with you throughout your wedding journey! xo

Beth Chapman

BETH CHAPMAN, owner and fashion stylist, is a veteran of the retail industry. She spent 10 years working in the corporate office of Ann Taylor, where she served as a Vice President of Merchandising. Beth’s love of exquisite fabrics and feminine details, along with her sincere desire to create a memorable shopping experience for brides, compelled her to launch The White Dress by the shore, in 2004. Her styling work has been seen in the top bridal publications in the industry and she is the co-author of The White Dress in color, an inspirational coffee table book for brides-to-be.