Exquisite Style, Extraordinary Experience.

It’s about beautiful surroundings. It’s about dedication to the details. It’s about exceeding expectations. It’s about luxury. At The White Dress by the shore, we re-define luxury every day with our curated collection of chic couture for brides, mothers & maids, offered in an antique home.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

104 E Main St, Clinton, CT (860) 669-4596

Love!

Reviewed on 12/28/2011 Stacey S

I made the trek down to Connecticut in search for my dream dress. I had been eying it forever. As soon as my maid of honor and I walked in, we were treated so wonderfully. I worked with Kelly and she truly went above and beyond. She found my dress for me (nicknamed Courtney) and... Read More picked out several other beautiful gowns for me to try on. It was such a great experience. Even when I went to pick up my gown, everyone was so nice to work with. There were a couple stores closer to where I live that carried my dress, but The White Dress by The Shore caught my eye from the start. It was certainly well worth the drive and I can't recommend them enough. I just love the whole atmosphere of the store. Kelly if you read this, Thank You so much for all of your help and helping me find my dream dress. You are fantastic!

Found the perfect dress

Reviewed on 10/12/2013 Kelly E

Beautiful shop, women know what they are doing. My daughter knew what she wanted and they had it. When she came out in THE dress I knew it was IT. No pressure. Added things to the dress that my daughter wanted without any hassle. Offered us beverages. It took quite a long... Read More time to get her gown but worth it, she looked amazing in it.

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Sara S

Love this place! It was the second place I went to look for a wedding dress and as soon as I walked in I knew this would be the place. Shana was the girl who I worked with and she was just awesome. I tried on many dresses, and I loved every single one I put on they have such a... Read More huge selection of gorgeous gowns, Shana did not rush me or push me like I know some places do. She made the whole experience so fun for my mom and I. And when I decided on a dress, we had some champagne! I did not do alterations here because they are a bit pricey here and I also wanted a place closer to where I live but they were so great at finding me someone. If your looking for a wonderful experience with an awesome staff this is the place to go.

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Kara P

I can't say enough about TWDBTS. From the minute I walked in to the store on my first bridal dress experience, everyone was so friendly not to mention the quaint, clean, and adorably decorated space. I was paired up with Alexandra and I immediately felt like I had known her... Read More forever. She pulled what I had envisioned from the racks but also asked if I would try a certain style because she thought it would look great and every bride needed to "just try a ballroom style dress." Willingly I satisfied her request and never once regretted the decision as that is the first dress I tried on and the dress I chose to wear on my wedding day. I did however need to think about it due to my curiosity of what other boutiques would carry. I can honestly say, after shopping around, there was no comparison. From the friendliness and professionalism, to the way the merchandise was handled with such care to the genuine and truthful opinions offered with each dress I tried on. Throughout my months of alterations, I also got to work closely with Beth. The excitement and patience that both Alexandra and Beth had at every fitting was a true testament that they love their jobs and understand the importance of making every bride feel individually special. A one stop shop, I also chose to have my alterations done in house and I can't say enough about them! Everything turned out perfectly. I can't thank the staff enough for providing me with such a perfectly well rounded experience. I wish you all many years of success!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Mara R

Working with the White Dress by the Shore was honestly one of the highlights of the wedding planning process for me. We were paired with Alexandra (she's the BEST) the first time we went and she then was with me the whole way through the process. The store itself is inviting and... Read More cozy, with the staff offering tea, water or coffee the minute you walk in (or course served in adorable antique cups). They have a wide enough selection that you feel you can try a multitude of styles, but its not overwhelming so you still feel calm through the process. Everything about the shopping experience was professional and flawless, all the way down to the hand written thank you note that I received after visiting. After purchasing my dream dress, we booked alterations with Penny. Let me just say, Penny is a genius and really goes above and beyond to make your dress perfect. I wasn't really sure what to do with my bustle, not liking the English or the French and the next time I returned, Penny had dreamt of a way to make it work. I ended up with a half English, half French bustle that was so incredibly perfect. I would HIGHLY recommend this shop to anyone looking for their perfect gown.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Jessica B

From the moment I walked into The White Dress by The Shore, I knew I was going to be getting my dress there. Absolutely everything about this boutique is perfect, from the beautiful gowns, to all the sparkling accessories, even the design of the store(I felt like I was walking... Read More into what inspires Pinterest boards...perfect in detail). Not only is the boutique and their collections beautiful, but everyone who works there, from associates to the owner, Beth is beyond helpful, patient, and kind. You can tell they love what they do! After my first appointment, I had several dresses I loved, but didn't have the one. I was a little disappointed, but Molly who was helping us was amazing, she was so patient, calm, and encouraging. My family brought me to a few other bridal shops, and none compared to The White Dress by The Shore. After trying on many different styles, I went back with a few more ideas of what I wanted, and I found the one!! Again Molly was fantastic, and was able to help me find my accessories as well I can't say enough great things about them, it feels like you are joining a little family. My girls also got their dresses from here, and they were stunning! They were so helpful, with organizing each of my girls getting their dress, which wasn't an easy task with them being spread through out the country. One of my maiden's also fell in love with The White Dress by The Shore, and got her dress here shortly after our wedding!! It's truly a one stop shop, they were so helpful through out the entire process. Shana, Alexandra, and Lauren were a phenomenal help as well, and I'm so appreciative to them for making me feel perfect for our special day!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Paige D

The White Dress by the Shore team was absolutely wonderful to work with. They listened carefully, and always tried to make my visions a realty. My dress required intricate alterations, and a challenging bustle, but the WDBTS team worked with me until it was just right -... Read More including at my final alterations two days before my wedding. I'd highly recommend the White Dress by the Shore team to any bride looking for a high quality dress, with high-end service. A truly wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Rachel P

I loved every moment of my experience with The White Dress by the Shore! They are a boutique bridal salon with a really personal touch. After searching high and low for gowns, I came across an Augusta Jones dress that was perfectly me. The stylist I worked with was great at... Read More suggesting different accessories and belts and managed to find one that matched the lining of the dress perfectly. They do require 4 fittings, which seems like a lot, but everyone who complimented my dress said it looked like it was made for me. I really appreciated all of the hard work and effort they put into everyone that comes in the door. You can tell that everyone here truly loves making brides feel beautiful and I'll miss stopping in their cozy store! Thank you!

LOVE them!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Wendy M

I was not necessarily looking forward to dress shopping. I didn't like almost every wedding dress I had seen in magazines and on TV. I was not a big and poofy type of girl, so I was unsure if I would be able to find anything I loved. We went to a few places before we went to The... Read More White Dress, and just as I expected, the gowns were all pretty, but not me. When my mom and I went to The White Dress by the Shore, as soon as I walked in I knew I was going to buy my dress that day. While they had the more traditional (beautiful) wedding dresses, they also had the more relaxed, bohemian look that was more like me. From that first appointment through my "accessories" appointment, and my final fitting, I felt so comfortable there. I never felt awkward or uncomfortable about my body or not knowing how to walk in heels. They let me feel like me and not some girl playing dress up. I am sad that I won't be able to use this vendor again (seeing as there is no longer a need for me to buy wedding dresses), but I would recommend them to everyone that I know.

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 maria s

Beth and everyone at The White Dress by the Shore was a pleasure to work with. They were very accommodating - you never felt rushed. I love the small boutique salon versus the larger salons - makes the experience so much easier.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Eileen C

We had an exceptional experience at The White Dress By The Shore. The owner, stylist Beth Chapman, has a deep knowledge of wedding style and was extremely helpful in guiding our decisions. Beth went above and beyond with helping me chose my dress, my bridesmaid dresses,... Read More mother of the bride dress, grandmother of the bride dress, and accessories. Beth inquired about my theme, colors, and venue to provide suggestions that would work for my vision. I would highly recommend the day of dressing service. Jessie was attentive, helpful, and made sure everything was perfect for my wedding. Thank you to the staff and owner at The White Dress By The Shore for helping make my wedding day so memorable.

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Jennifer D

I had a great experience with The White Dress by the Shore. I went there knowing I wanted to try on a particular dress which they had. After spending more than 90 minutes between the dress I originally tried and another dress, I couldn't decide; however, Victoria (who is... Read More unfortunately no longer there) never lost patience and continued to put me in and out of the same two dresses numerous times. I left without buying anything and actually asked to have three dresses ordered so I could try them on. Victoria did this without batting a lash and when I went back to try those dresses along with the first dress I fell in love with, I decided on the first dress. We purchased from the store and when I went in to pick up my dress, we were treated to champagne along with a hair trial free of charge. It was a great experience and I would go back there in a second!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Kerrianne D

Small, intimate store, that has wonderful vibes for finding your perfect dress with you favorite people surrounding you. My mother, sister, two of my bridesmaids, and I were given an upstairs private room, champagne and an absolutely wonderful bridal consultant. I feel so... Read More awful that I can remember her name right now but she was so perfect. She wasn't pushy, but she gave her honest opinion and helped so much. I found my dress in that very first appointment and purchased a beautiful Swarovski crystal belt that I put on for my reception. I also bought all my bridesmaids gifts there! They are wonderful and I would 100% recommend booking an appointment there for your wedding dress. If you purchase a dress that is designed by Modern Trousseau you also have the option to do the "Muslin" fitting. This means you get to go to Modern Trousseau and work with the seamstresses in creating your custom dress. What an experience!!!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Heather F

Let me start by saying that I came here because I was looking for a sample dress. My appointment was okay. Although, we kept being moved until they finally put us in the annex building for the BM dresses. I get that we were only shopping for samples, but that is only because... Read More they didn't have any designer that could get a dress shipped in time for my wedding. However,i did find a dress I liked that was originally $2700 if ordered new and was on sale for $1600 (with an addional 15% off if I purchased it right then) I asked if they could drop the price lower and the best they could do is take $50 of the $275 cleaning fee they would charge. I left without making the purchase and found the same dress online for $900. Given that I like to support my community and buy local as much as I can, I gave them a chance to match it. They came close by charging $1200 and including the cleaning fee. After purchasing they were said they would schedule a pickup with the cleaners and the cleaners would call me to pick up directly from them. However, after 2 weeks (purchased on the 10th over the phone, called back on the 25th) I called because I had heard from no-one. They said it was at the cleaners and that the cleaners would call me. When pressed to find out when the dress was picked up they told me the 24th. So...the reason for 3 stars: 1. They said they would call to schedule a pickup with the cleaners. I don't know about you but to me that means they plan on having it picked up fairly quickly. 2. When I called I had to push them to find out when they actually had it picked up. 3. The lack of communication. If you knew the dress wouldn't be picked up for several weeks, why not let me know so I could pick it up and drop it at the cleaners. 4. The the whole experience just doesn't sit well. And worst of all, I felt like I was a bit of a bridezilla when I got mad on the phone. Why does it always seem, businesses are great until they have your money, and then don't really care what happens after that.

2015-06-26T17:10:33 Response from the vendor

Heather, We were sorry to hear that you were not happy with our service, as we strive to provide exceptional service to every bride, whether they purchase a sample gown or a $10,000 gown from us. There are a few things that we would like... Read Less Read More

Such a Special Wedding Dress Experience

Reviewed on 3/12/2015 Michelle T

White Dress by the Shore was the best wedding dress experience I had by FAR. They were so sweet and lovely and really gave me all of their attention and helped me find the perfect dress. They also have amazing sample sales and I got a beautiful Amsale dress for a fourth of... Read More the price, it was unreal. I highly recommend - these ladies are the best!

If you are looking for the perfect experience, this is the place to go

Reviewed on 2/18/2015 Sarah W

Before I start, I just have to say that I am in love with White Dress and will be bringing every engaged friend I have here. If you are looking for the perfect wedding gown shopping experience, this is the place to go. It is located in the most adorable little house and the... Read More sales girls are the most friendly people you will ever meet. I had been shopping at several other places and wanted a dress that was both classic and unique. The first dress Holly picked was MY dress. She absolutely understood the look I was going for and helped me pick out the veil and accessories. Over the fitting process, Holly would always make a point to stop in and say 'hi' and to see how the fittings were coming along. White Dress also has THE most amazing seamstress, she is a verifiable genius, which makes it easy to get your alterations done. If you are looking for the special experience and something that is a little unique, this is the place to go.

Amazing service and my perfect dress!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Rachel T

I started my experience at TWD with a White Carpet Appt. If you are even remotely considering it - do it!! I had 7 bridesmaids and wanted them to all be a part of my dress shopping experience - and this was absolutely the perfect way! I went in with an open mind and some very... Read More basic ideas of what I wanted. Shana was AMAZING. She was patient and kind and made me feel so comfortable in what can feel like a very stressful situation! She ensured I only tried on dresses within my budget and understood my vision of what I was looking for probably even better than I did myself! When I thought I had found my dress she helped me talk through some other possibilities to ensure I was 100% comfortable with my decision. TWD continued to be wonderful even after I "said yes." I went back with my sisters and my MOH to look at bridesmaids dresses - and we ordered our blush Donna Morgan dresses through them as well. My bridesmaids weren't all able to come in for measurements, but TWD did a great job working with each of my girls to get the right sizes in! During my accessory appointment, Jill helped me pick out earrings, a comb and my veil! The jewels that they have there are absolutely STUNNING - I am just waiting for another excuse to wear my earrings. I also used Shana's recommendation to reach out to Kelley from Aquinnah Jewelry, who was able to help me put together custom earrings for each of my bridesmaids! I also can not speak more highly of the alteration process. Both seamstresses I worked with were so sweet - and really genuinely cared about making sure the dress fit just right!! My third fitting was fourth of July weekend, and when we ran into trouble with traffic, they went above and beyond to reschedule on a Saturday morning, to ensure my MOH was able to join me as originally planned! I can not thank the women at TWD enough for everything they did to make my experiences with them easy and wonderful!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Grace S

I recently purchased my wedding gown here. They were amazing! I never felt rushed, they took their time and let me try on dresses for about 3 hrs. Once I picked my dress, they put different veils, belts, and accessories on me. The owner of the shop came in the room as well and... Read More helped. I really enjoyed my time there and can only highly recommend going there!

LOVE THEM!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Jenna

White Dress by the Shore is such a wonderful place to go dress shopping. Everyone there is so sweet, helpful, and they, make sure you walk out there completely satisfied. I bought my dress there and had my alterations done there. There were some issues with the fit of my... Read More dress but they worked non stop to make sure the dress fit perfectly. Any bride looking for a fun, relaxing experience dress shopping and looking for a place that truly wants you the bride to be happy, go to White Dress by the Shore.

Awesome Customer Service

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Dani M

My mom and I went there to shop for wedding gowns. My budget was a little below the average for their dresses there (which is around $2200-$2500+, if I remember correctly) but I originally went because they had a sample sale on a particular dress I was interested in. My... Read More consultant Jessie was AMAZING! She was very good at pulling dresses that were within my budget, but also willing to let me try on the ones that we're insanely priced (just for fun!). Although we ended up buying from another shop, I HIGHLY recommend this store for their beautiful selection and awesome customer service.

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Lindsay Z

White Dress by the Shore was absolutely amazing from every step of my dress process. My process spanned from 2011 to 2014 and each and every time I went there the staff was absolutely incredible. From picking out my dress with absolutely no pressure, or pushiness from the staff,... Read More to choosing accessories and of course alterations their staff was professional, helpful and you feel like you’re part of the family when you’re there. The owner Beth is always around the shop and helped me from a fitting to picking out accessories. I have probably worked with at least five members of her staff and they were ALL consistently wonderful. Including just emailing the shop about last minute accessories, or fittings. I honestly do not believe you could get a higher level of service than at WDBTS and I highly recommend you get your dress there!

Reinvent the Dress

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Jacky

I wanted to wear my grandmother's dress but it was outdated. So, I brought it to The White Dress by the Shore and met up with Beth and her team. They were honored to be a part of reinventing my dress to have more of a modern touch and making it more my style. My grandmother's... Read More dress was worn in 1952 and was in an attic for a long time but we managed to make it look just right. Over a series of meetings we slowly transformed this old dress into a unique gown that only I would have! They were great and really made me look fabulous. If you want to get a dress transformed into your unique style I would highly recommend going to this great shoreline dress shop. (They have beautiful new gowns as well!!!!)

What an experience!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Jennifer S

This was the first actual wedding dress shop my mother and I came to after looking at David's Bridal. It is a magical place! We met with Kelly, who was so personable and charming. I really didn't know what I was looking for, jut what I didn't want. We took two armfuls of dresses... Read More upstairs and began. As it turns out, the very first dress I tried on was THE one. And I think my mom and Kelly knew it before I did. I changed a few things on the dress, but Kelly helped me see the end result, and was just so wonderful! Being indecisive as I am, I came back a week later, but in the time in between she sent me a personal card about our appointment and how beautiful the dress had looked. It was so kind of her. When we went back she remembered everything about me, and she helped us celebrate my decision with champaign. She also helped my mother find THE most beautiful and perfect dress for my wedding. She is fabulous! When it came time for alterations, I cannot speak highly enough about Penny and the staff. They were very attentive to my wishes, and made the dress into the even more beautiful dress of my dreams. When we ran into an issue during the final fitting with the corset I had gotten somewhere else, they were quick to step in and make sure I didn't leave without having everything I needed, and having it be a perfect fit! I would highly recommend The White Dress to anyone looking for a wedding gown for a dress for a special occasion. You will be treated like royalty!

The Best Experience

Reviewed on 6/14/2014 Charity S

Out of all the experiences involved in the chaos of planning a wedding, The White Dress is the biggest bright spot in all of it. I was pretty weary about calling their in the first place because I didn't have much of a budget to work with, but they were nice enough not to make... Read More me feel embarrassed about it. The Little White Dress collection luckily was what I wanted and had dresses in my price range. The atmosphere itself is both relaxing and welcoming. I was always offered drinks on my visits. Everyone addressed me by name, making me feel a little bit special. Holly was there for almost all of my visits from the dress shopping, to accessories, bridesmaid shopping, and fittings and remembered all my details. I had such a great experience on my own that I paid for their "Bridesmaid Soiree" so that my girls could get the same treatment. Definitely a recommended service - mimosas, cupcakes, and dress shopping in a private and beautiful room. Do it! Anyway, my girls all had fun and an easy time picking the perfect dresses. The whole process was seamless, and again, relaxing (really important when planning a wedding!). I never felt like I had to worry about anything - they were fast and always took care of any concerns so quickly. I also loved that they carried some Connecticut made dresses - not just dresses made in batches in China and shipped over. If you can find it in your budget, or even just shop their sample sales, definitely stop by. It's a unique and wonderful experience. Thanks, ladies!

Fabulous Experience!

Reviewed on 6/14/2014

I worked with Holly from The White Dress by the Shore and had the best experience finding my wedding dress. I went back multiple times and she really worked with me to understand my sense of style and what would work best for me. We ended up going a different direction than I... Read More originally thought and I loved the result!

Beth Chapman

BETH CHAPMAN, owner and fashion stylist, is a veteran of the retail industry. She spent 10 years working in the corporate office of Ann Taylor, where she served as a Vice President of Merchandising. Beth’s love of exquisite fabrics and feminine details, along with her sincere desire to create a memorable shopping experience for brides, compelled her to launch The White Dress by the shore, in 2004. Her styling work has been seen in the top bridal publications in the industry and she is the co-author of The White Dress in color, an inspirational coffee table book for brides-to-be.

Start a Conversation!