Oregon's Premier Bridal Boutique!

The White Dress offers spacious and private bridal suites for every bride! Each bridal suite allows you to have fun and be comfortable while enjoying a shopping experience you will remember forever. Featuring Stella York, Badgley Mischka, Mikaella,Ella Rosa, Kitty Chen, Soft by Rosa Clara,Aire Barcelona, and Kitty Chen.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Bridal Stylists, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

918 SW Yamhill Street, Portland, OR (503) 206-4852

Reviewed on 3/25/2018

I can’t even begin to describe the level of my gratitude for The White Dress! After making my appointment to try on dresses I had a few questions about dresses I had seen online so I sent a FB message. Amanda (the owner) was so quick to respond and was so helpful! She even sent... Read More me another recommendation on a dress similar to what I was looking for and passed all of my questions on to Carly (my bridal stylist) so that she would be prepared when my girls and I got there. From the moment we walked in the door we were all greeted with so many smiles. You could tell the ladies there love what they do! We were offered champagne and taken back to our personal bridal suite by Carly. She asked every question to get an idea of my dream dress. After getting an idea, she walked us through all the dresses, picked up a few of them, and had us pick up a few others we wanted to try. Carly picked all the right dresses and I thought I would have a hard time picking one. Until THE dress came out. The one that Amanda recommended after answering my questions and getting a feel for what I was looking for. Hands down, no question about it, it was The Dress! In between each dress, Carly walked through my journey with me asking about everything! How we met, how did he propose, what does he look like, where’s the wedding, and so many more I can’t even remember (I’m still on cloud nine so it’s hard to remember all of them). It felt like talking to one of my closest girlfriends. It was comfortable. We even hugged after saying “Yes to the dress”. She was amazing! They even helped with picking a necklace to go with the dress. Measurements were taken and then retaken to verify consistency and perfection and then I placed my order. Everything was perfect! If there was only one place I could ever recommend, this would be it! Very classy, very friendly staff! Incredibly clean! Great location! Experience of a lifetime! Look no further, this is the place to go! And I highly recommend working with Carly (I imagine all the other ladies are just as great but my experience was with her). Thank you to everyone at The White Dress for making this one of the most memorable days of my life!

2018-03-29T20:00:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We truly loved helping you every step of the way. We can not wait to see you again when you beautiful dress arrives!

Reviewed on 2/12/2018 Riley B

This was my 3rd stop of the day and I already thought I had made my decision. This was the first place I had gone where I actually got to pick the dresses off the rack I wanted to try on. There was a dress that I really liked but was missing a key detail I had wanted. My... Read More consultant, Bri, hunted down something similar and pieced it together to see how it would look, and it sealed the deal. The set-up was very comfortable, and made a great experience! I can't wait to walk down the aisle in such a unique, beautiful dress!

2018-03-29T20:01:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for choosing to shop with us to find your dress! We appreciate you sharing your experience online. We had so much fun helping you find the perfect dress!

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Jillian H

I had my first and only dress shopping appointment at The White Dress recently and it was truly the most amazing experience!! I cannot say enough about the amazing ladies who work there and the beautiful environment you get to be in while choosing your dress! I am still amazed... Read More and so happy I came here, you won't need to go anywhere else, or want to! :)

2018-03-29T20:02:35 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience shopping with us. We had so much fun helping you find your dress!

Reviewed on 2/16/2018 Kristen M

I wouldn't recommend this bridal salon. The store itself is beautiful however they are have a small selection and showroom. The experience I had was terrible; the first time I ever called the consultant was disrespectful. I went in anyways for a trunk show and had my dress... Read More

selected when I went in and found out the dress was listed $500 more than other locations. My recommendation is to go somewhere else with a larger selection, more helpful consultants and save money!

2018-03-29T20:07:41 Response from the vendor

We are sincerely sorry that you had a negative experience with our staff over the phone. We take this very seriously and immediately addressed it with all of our staff members so it does not happen to another bride. Unfortunately we can not control trunk... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Adair S

I want to thank my wonderful Bridal stylist, Felisha! She was wonderful and easy to talk to! She made me feel at ease, talked me through some of my thoughts I wasn't sure about, and gave us time to just talk through the dress. I have a hard time making decisions, and she did a... Read More wonderful job helping make the decision on my dress!! Thank you Felisha! The White dress was also just a beautiful, accommodating, and wonderful place to wedding shop!

2018-03-29T20:08:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so so much for sharing your experience with us! We had so much fun helping you find your dress!! We appreciate you choosing to shop in our boutique. xoxo

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Laney F

Yesterday I found the dress of my dreams at The White Dress. Bri was my consultant & she made it easy the whole way through. I never felt pressured, rushed or not beautiful. The White Dress has an amazing atmosphere, & while there are lots of ladies trying dresses on & finding... Read More their dress, I felt like one of a kind. Finding my dress with them is by far going to be something I’ll positively remember forever.

2018-03-29T20:09:09 Response from the vendor

We are so excited that you found the dress of your dreams! Thank you so much for choosing our store for your special I said Yes moment! xoxo

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Julie P

I found my dream dress here not too long ago and was absolutely blown away by the amazing service and quality of the salon! My stylist was Krystle who was so sweet and very patient with listening to what I envisioned. From the moment we walked into the doors, the girls were all... Read More welcoming and offered us beverages while we were waiting to be escorted to our private suite. You just feel like a queen the whole time you're there! They work with your budget and are so kind. You won't regret your experience with this excellent bridal salon; they definitely know what they're doing and are experts. I got all the feels being in there surrounded by soft hues and gorgeous accents. It was one of those moments you remember dreaming about and it was finally happening! Thank you to The White Dress for making a dream come true!

2018-03-29T20:09:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to hear that your stylist treated you like a Queen! Congratulations on finding your dream dress. xoxo

Reviewed on 12/16/2017 n d

Exceptional service, communications and experience at the White Dress. Shayla was my consultant, and she did a wonderful job. She knows what I was looking for better than myself, as I would never have been able to pick "the one" from the rack (they are bridal separates to... Read More create a similar look to the Rosa Clara dress I wanted). After the purchase, I had some doubts and contacted the shop. She went above and beyond and helped me get a loaner of the actual Rosa Clara dress I originally wanted. It turns out what Shayla picked for me was better, and that makes me 100% confident and happy with purchase. I can't thank her enough for helping me find the dream wedding gowns.

2017-12-18T18:41:15 Response from the vendor

Dear Nila, Thank you so much for choosing to shop with us. I am thrilled that you had such an amazing experience and we loved helping you create your dream dress. XOXO The White Dress

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Alina K

I went into the white dress last night for my appointment, I had an idea of what I was looking for but wasn’t sure. Tara was amazing, she answered every question i had, helped me find the dresses I had seen online. I tried on a handful of dresses and was stuck on the 1st dress I... Read More tried on, she went out and looked for a few more dresses and brought in the first dress I had seen when I walked in and I fell In love with that dress. I ended up walking out with my dream wedding dress!! Thank you so much Tara for helping me find my dream dress and making yesterday such a fun experience!

2018-03-29T20:10:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are so happy that you found your dream dress. We had so much fun helping you! xoxo

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Macy C

I loved my experience at The White Dress!! everything I ever hoped for when I would be picking out my wedding dress. To start, myself and the 4 ladies I was with were offered champagne which is my fav :) then I was introduced to Felisha. She was so amazing helping me find my... Read More dress, she got it on the first one I tried on! I never thought it would be so easy finding a dress. She really knew exactly what I was looking for and all around is the nicest person and I really enjoyed my visit with her. Thanks so much again!

2018-03-29T20:11:24 Response from the vendor

We loved helping you find your dress! We are so happy to hear that you had a great time with your stylist Felisha. Thank you so much for choosing to shop with us. xoxo

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Mary H

I had a great experience at The White Dress. Shayla was very accommodating and patient and made genuine helpful suggestions. I had been to several other wedding boutiques before but this was the first time I didn't feel pressured to buy a dress. Thank you for listening and... Read More helping me find the perfect dress :)

2018-03-29T20:12:11 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience with your stylist Shayla. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Congratulations on finding the perfect dress!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Mary H

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Danielle T

The salon was beautiful, but the experience I had there was just not what I expected. My consultant was very pushy and gave me a really hard sales pitch even when I was clear that I was not ready to buy. They don't allow you to take any pictures, which really sucks. It meant I... Read More couldn't properly look at the back of the dresses or see how they photographed. It also meant that I couldn't look back at the dresses after I left and remember what I liked about each one. In the end I think that is a mistake on their part. When I did buy my dress, it was partially because I just kept looking at the pictures over and over again and fell in love with the way it looked on me! I bought my dress at Ania Bridal, where the consultant was extremely sweet. There was no pressure, we could take all the pictures we wanted, and they seemed so genuinely happy for me. At The White Dress I just felt like another customer. The White Dress was a very pretty salon with lots of beautiful dresses, but the atmosphere was quite stuffy and there is a lot of pressure on you to buy the dress that day. I wouldn't recommend it.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Alexandria P

The White Dress did an excellent job with helping me find the perfect wedding gown! They listened to what I was searching for, and were able to pull dresses that fit my look and budget.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Laine A

I had an amazing and easy experience at The White Dress because of Kelly, an amazing bridal stylist. We arrived at the same time as a lot of big groups so it was a bit chaotic (I just had three people including my mom--I don't need 11 opinions!), but we were offered champagne... Read More promptly and greeted by Kelly within about 10 minutes of our appointment time. I had a few ideas of what I didn't want, and a budget, but that was about it. I didn't think I would actually buy a dress that day, but figured I would look to get an idea of what looked good on me. My friends, mom and I pulled a few things we liked and gave Kelly free rein to pick whatever she thought would look good on me. Within just a couple of dresses Kelly had figured out what I liked and didn't like, and pulled a few more. The seventh or so dress I tried on (one she picked that I never would have pulled for myself) was the absolute perfect dress that brought my best friend to tears. Because it was our first appointment we got 15% off which was a huge help. She made the payment process quick and easy and answered all my new-bride questions with patience and excitement. What a huge asset The White Dress has in Kelly. The only thing we thought was odd is that you can't take pictures of the dresses until you've committed to one, then you can take pictures of that one. It wasn't a huge issue for us, but would be tricky if you were hoping to go home and think about the options. Overall I would recommend any bride go to The White Dress--it is such a fun and unique experience. And I would absolutely recommend Kelly!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Olivia N

My expectations were completely blown away and was so impressed with the delightful, friendly and caring service that myself and my two best friends received from Krystle, my bridal stylist. I️ went in a little nervous after reading some of the reviews written by other brides,... Read More but could not express enough how my experience was so different and so special. We thought the dresses were all gorgeous, the samples are expected to be imperfect as they get tried on several times a day by all body sizes... even still the samples I️ tried on were still so beautiful. I️ reference this because I️ had read a review that the dresses were damaged and dirty — that was not what I️ experienced at all. They were very clean with very minimal wear. Krystle, my stylist knew exactly how to guide my journey on this overwhelming feat of trying on wedding dresses when I had no idea what style of dress I️ wanted. I️ loved how the dresses were separated by style on the racks, it made it so easy to find the dresses that I️ wanted to try on. She really listened to me and heard what I️ wanted. She also listened to my friends, which was important to me. We were welcomed with champagne and cared for throughout the experience. I️ found my dress, not expecting to and loved that they offered the 15% off discount if you find a dress on the same day as your appointment. They gave me a folder to keep all of the info and paperwork together in and they gave me an adorable present before leaving, a sweet little white tank that says “I️ do” in gold foil. They pay attention to detail and they made me feel authentically beautiful. Thank you.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Kristin S

We had a fabulous experience at The White Dress! I was very nervous about wedding dress shopping and finding a dress that matched my style and comfort. I am not a dress person nor do I like shopping, but Krystal made our experience so easy and super fun! Everyone at The White... Read More Dress was very accommodating, honest and patient! And my dress came early, so plenty of time for alterations! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Emily A

Felicia was wonderful and was so great at keeping me calm when it came time for a final decision on the picking the dress. Had a great time at the White Dress and love the shop set up!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Stefanie Z

I found my dress at The White Dress, and from the fitting to the pickup, to purchasing some of my bridal jewelry there I can't say enough good things about my experience! The ambiance of the shop is relaxing, and the dressing suites are gorgeous! I worked with Shayla and she was... Read More fabulous - very helpful, easy going, and patient. She did a great job of staying in touch to update me on the status of both my dress and the jewelry I ordered through them. She also referred me to a streamstress for alterations who did a great job. I was thrilled with my entire experience at the White Dress and will definitely recommend them to other brides in the future. An added bonus is the Smart Park just across the street, as downtown parking isn't always easy to find!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Mary J

I had a GREAT experience at The White Dress! Lisa and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to help me find "the dress" for my April wedding. Didn't feel pressured at all, and they worked hard to keep me within my budget. I would highly recommend The White Dress!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Megan T

I was super excited about this place. I made it my first appointment of the day. As soon as we walk in I felt like we didn't fit in. We weren't welcomed with the love and kindness I expected. My wedding Bridget is 12,000 but my dress budget is only 1,500. Kelly helped us and... Read More basically shut us out after I told her our budget. She told us that it was going to be hard to find a dress within our budget, which I thought was fair for a dress I'd only wear once. I tried on several dresses and when my crew would ask questions she would snip back with a snotty response. She didn't fluff out my dresses or talk about dresses at all. If a dress we picked was out of my price range she would just go put it back on the shelf. If she didn't think I'd like a dress she would go out it back without me trying it on. We spent barely an hour in there. I felt like I got pushed out because I wasn't going to spend 5,000 on a dress. Some of the dresses were very dirty. I felt like I was rushed out and ignored. Which is sad because I ended up doubling my budget buying my dress at a different place from someone who actually wanted to sell me the most important dress of my life. Very disappointed at the service I received. If you have a smaller budget, I wouldn't recommend coming here.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Karen S

Loved my dress and it was UNDER budget! A flawless process overall.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Jennifer S

I bought my dress here about a month ago and it was truly the best! I am so happy I chose to come here for my first and last day of wedding dress shopping. Shayla was so sweet and so helpful. The dress I ended up buying was one she picked out and it was the designer I had my... Read More heart set on for a year! It was so fun, me and my ladies loved the private area. I wish I could relive this day over and over again.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 James W

My experience with The White Dress was not ideal. It was the 2nd shop my girlfriends and I visited to find a gown for my wedding. It was a holiday weekend, while the store was running a promotional sale. We tried on several dresses, one of which I absolutely loved with a couple... Read More caveats - I wanted sleeves and a lower vneck. The sales associate assured me - without a doubt - that the store's preferred alterations vendor Custom Fit for You could make that happen. When the girls and I said we had a couple other appointments and that we'd be back, the sales associate told me that if we left the store - regardless of the fact that the sale was going on all weekend - the sale price would not be valid to me. She lingered and pressed for some time, well beyond what we thought was appropriate. Given her confidence that the alterations could be done, I buckled and got the dress. I was also told the dress would arrive in several months. As that date got closer, I emailed the sales associate to plan a trip down to Portland from Seattle, where I lived, to pick it up. She said it had already arrived and I had a very short window to pick it up. I received no call or email to let me know it had already arrived. She reiterated that the store could not hold my dress any longer and that I had to come in. I made a special trip to Portland from Seattle, weeks before the dress was supposed to arrive, to pick it up. She made a few comments about how this was an "unusual" situation, making me feel terrible for putting anyone out of their way. And finally, when I took the dress in for alterations, I was told that the assurances I received at The White Dress were bogus. All of the alterations the sales associate had assured me could be done, could not. Not to mention the alterations vendor the store recommended was very unprofessional, not clean and did a poor job. All in all, I was incredibly disappointed in this process, as it absolutely put a damper on the wedding planning experience. The White Dress has great gowns, but I would not recommend it to my friends or family given the string of events mentioned above.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Casey P

I had went to a few shops to look for my wedding dress, when my mom said she found a place in Portland she thought we should go to so she made us an appointment. All I can say is WOW! I had the BEST experience with The White Dress. They were SO helpful and so nice and it was a... Read More beautiful shop! & I found my dream dress! I have told all future brides I know to go experience the white dress! What an amazing experience!