Oregon's Premier Bridal Boutique!

The White Dress offers spacious and private bridal suites for every bride! Each bridal suite allows you to have fun and be comfortable while enjoying a shopping experience you will remember forever. Featuring Stella York, Badgley Mischka, Mikaella,Ella Rosa, Kitty Chen, Soft by Rosa Clara,Aire Barcelona, and Kitty Chen.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Bridal Stylists, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

918 SW Yamhill Street, Portland, OR (503) 206-4852

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Laura W

I recently found my dress at The White Dress and couldn't be more excited to wear in on my wedding day! The White Dress was the very first place I looked, so I wasn't exactly expecting to find my dress there. I had no idea really what I was looking for at that point. My bridal... Read More consultant was Krystle, who made the experience great. She was kind, welcoming and patient while we tried to figure out what I liked and didn't like. After learning my style, she was able to put together a combo that met what I was looking for and made me feel beautiful and happy! Not wanting to choose too quickly, I left to check out a few more places, but was drawn back that night to commit to the dress Krystle helped picked out! She's a pro and really knows how to listen to the bride and figure out what dress will make them feel best! Thank you, Krystle for all your help! Additionally, the intimate and classy environment the White Dress provides is great!

2016-12-30T22:50:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It means so much to us!! We loved helping you find your dress! xoxo The White Dress

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Demi K

I had the most amazing experience at the White Dress. When I first walked in you were greeted and felt so welcomed. I was nervous about dress shopping until I walked through the doors and talked to the amazing women working there. The biggest reason that I felt so welcomed was... Read More because of Krystle Dannery, as soon as I showed her my style of dresses I felt like it was so easy for her to understand me. She was so patient with me and helped me find my dream dress. I didn't just feel like she was selling me a dress she got to know me as a person while doing it as well. I would recommend not only the White Dress to everyone, but I would recommend that they ask for Krystle personally. She is amazing at what she does.

2016-12-30T22:52:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your experience. We love what we do and your kind words mean so much to us. We feel lucky that you chose us to be a part of your special day! xoxo The White Dres

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Katie C

I had the pleasure to have the owner, Amanda, as my consultant. Every step of the process was amazing and I couldn't be happier! 1) The location, ambiance, and private rooms are simply stunning. It was great to try on dresses in your own private room instead of walking out in... Read More front of a room of strangers. 2) I loved that there were dresses in all price ranges so that even if you didn't have the big budget, you could still get that "big budget" experience. Plus, Amanda put a few dresses in my room prior to my appointment that she thought I might like. I think I actually picked one of those dresses! 3) Most importantly, the people are amazing. From the very first phone call though picking up my dress, I only have the best words. Amanda was not only amazing for my first visit and my visit to pick up my dress, but she also remembered me when I saw her at a wedding show! The customer service is by far the best I've experienced. I highly recommend going to The White Dress for that perfect bridal experience that you won't get anywhere else! (did I mention you get to sip champagne during your appointment?!)

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Danielle T

The salon was beautiful, but the experience I had there was just not what I expected. My consultant was very pushy and gave me a really hard sales pitch even when I was clear that I was not ready to buy. They don't allow you to take any pictures, which really sucks. It meant I... Read More couldn't properly look at the back of the dresses or see how they photographed. It also meant that I couldn't look back at the dresses after I left and remember what I liked about each one. In the end I think that is a mistake on their part. When I did buy my dress, it was partially because I just kept looking at the pictures over and over again and fell in love with the way it looked on me! I bought my dress at Ania Bridal, where the consultant was extremely sweet. There was no pressure, we could take all the pictures we wanted, and they seemed so genuinely happy for me. At The White Dress I just felt like another customer. The White Dress was a very pretty salon with lots of beautiful dresses, but the atmosphere was quite stuffy and there is a lot of pressure on you to buy the dress that day. I wouldn't recommend it.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Alexandria P

The White Dress did an excellent job with helping me find the perfect wedding gown! They listened to what I was searching for, and were able to pull dresses that fit my look and budget.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Laine A

I had an amazing and easy experience at The White Dress because of Kelly, an amazing bridal stylist. We arrived at the same time as a lot of big groups so it was a bit chaotic (I just had three people including my mom--I don't need 11 opinions!), but we were offered champagne... Read More promptly and greeted by Kelly within about 10 minutes of our appointment time. I had a few ideas of what I didn't want, and a budget, but that was about it. I didn't think I would actually buy a dress that day, but figured I would look to get an idea of what looked good on me. My friends, mom and I pulled a few things we liked and gave Kelly free rein to pick whatever she thought would look good on me. Within just a couple of dresses Kelly had figured out what I liked and didn't like, and pulled a few more. The seventh or so dress I tried on (one she picked that I never would have pulled for myself) was the absolute perfect dress that brought my best friend to tears. Because it was our first appointment we got 15% off which was a huge help. She made the payment process quick and easy and answered all my new-bride questions with patience and excitement. What a huge asset The White Dress has in Kelly. The only thing we thought was odd is that you can't take pictures of the dresses until you've committed to one, then you can take pictures of that one. It wasn't a huge issue for us, but would be tricky if you were hoping to go home and think about the options. Overall I would recommend any bride go to The White Dress--it is such a fun and unique experience. And I would absolutely recommend Kelly!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Olivia N

My expectations were completely blown away and was so impressed with the delightful, friendly and caring service that myself and my two best friends received from Krystle, my bridal stylist. I️ went in a little nervous after reading some of the reviews written by other brides,... Read More but could not express enough how my experience was so different and so special. We thought the dresses were all gorgeous, the samples are expected to be imperfect as they get tried on several times a day by all body sizes... even still the samples I️ tried on were still so beautiful. I️ reference this because I️ had read a review that the dresses were damaged and dirty — that was not what I️ experienced at all. They were very clean with very minimal wear. Krystle, my stylist knew exactly how to guide my journey on this overwhelming feat of trying on wedding dresses when I had no idea what style of dress I️ wanted. I️ loved how the dresses were separated by style on the racks, it made it so easy to find the dresses that I️ wanted to try on. She really listened to me and heard what I️ wanted. She also listened to my friends, which was important to me. We were welcomed with champagne and cared for throughout the experience. I️ found my dress, not expecting to and loved that they offered the 15% off discount if you find a dress on the same day as your appointment. They gave me a folder to keep all of the info and paperwork together in and they gave me an adorable present before leaving, a sweet little white tank that says “I️ do” in gold foil. They pay attention to detail and they made me feel authentically beautiful. Thank you.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Kristin S

We had a fabulous experience at The White Dress! I was very nervous about wedding dress shopping and finding a dress that matched my style and comfort. I am not a dress person nor do I like shopping, but Krystal made our experience so easy and super fun! Everyone at The White... Read More Dress was very accommodating, honest and patient! And my dress came early, so plenty of time for alterations! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Emily A

Felicia was wonderful and was so great at keeping me calm when it came time for a final decision on the picking the dress. Had a great time at the White Dress and love the shop set up!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Stefanie Z

I found my dress at The White Dress, and from the fitting to the pickup, to purchasing some of my bridal jewelry there I can't say enough good things about my experience! The ambiance of the shop is relaxing, and the dressing suites are gorgeous! I worked with Shayla and she was... Read More fabulous - very helpful, easy going, and patient. She did a great job of staying in touch to update me on the status of both my dress and the jewelry I ordered through them. She also referred me to a streamstress for alterations who did a great job. I was thrilled with my entire experience at the White Dress and will definitely recommend them to other brides in the future. An added bonus is the Smart Park just across the street, as downtown parking isn't always easy to find!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Mary J

I had a GREAT experience at The White Dress! Lisa and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to help me find "the dress" for my April wedding. Didn't feel pressured at all, and they worked hard to keep me within my budget. I would highly recommend The White Dress!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Megan T

I was super excited about this place. I made it my first appointment of the day. As soon as we walk in I felt like we didn't fit in. We weren't welcomed with the love and kindness I expected. My wedding Bridget is 12,000 but my dress budget is only 1,500. Kelly helped us and... Read More basically shut us out after I told her our budget. She told us that it was going to be hard to find a dress within our budget, which I thought was fair for a dress I'd only wear once. I tried on several dresses and when my crew would ask questions she would snip back with a snotty response. She didn't fluff out my dresses or talk about dresses at all. If a dress we picked was out of my price range she would just go put it back on the shelf. If she didn't think I'd like a dress she would go out it back without me trying it on. We spent barely an hour in there. I felt like I got pushed out because I wasn't going to spend 5,000 on a dress. Some of the dresses were very dirty. I felt like I was rushed out and ignored. Which is sad because I ended up doubling my budget buying my dress at a different place from someone who actually wanted to sell me the most important dress of my life. Very disappointed at the service I received. If you have a smaller budget, I wouldn't recommend coming here.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Karen S

Loved my dress and it was UNDER budget! A flawless process overall.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Jennifer S

I bought my dress here about a month ago and it was truly the best! I am so happy I chose to come here for my first and last day of wedding dress shopping. Shayla was so sweet and so helpful. The dress I ended up buying was one she picked out and it was the designer I had my... Read More heart set on for a year! It was so fun, me and my ladies loved the private area. I wish I could relive this day over and over again.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 James W

My experience with The White Dress was not ideal. It was the 2nd shop my girlfriends and I visited to find a gown for my wedding. It was a holiday weekend, while the store was running a promotional sale. We tried on several dresses, one of which I absolutely loved with a couple... Read More caveats - I wanted sleeves and a lower vneck. The sales associate assured me - without a doubt - that the store's preferred alterations vendor Custom Fit for You could make that happen. When the girls and I said we had a couple other appointments and that we'd be back, the sales associate told me that if we left the store - regardless of the fact that the sale was going on all weekend - the sale price would not be valid to me. She lingered and pressed for some time, well beyond what we thought was appropriate. Given her confidence that the alterations could be done, I buckled and got the dress. I was also told the dress would arrive in several months. As that date got closer, I emailed the sales associate to plan a trip down to Portland from Seattle, where I lived, to pick it up. She said it had already arrived and I had a very short window to pick it up. I received no call or email to let me know it had already arrived. She reiterated that the store could not hold my dress any longer and that I had to come in. I made a special trip to Portland from Seattle, weeks before the dress was supposed to arrive, to pick it up. She made a few comments about how this was an "unusual" situation, making me feel terrible for putting anyone out of their way. And finally, when I took the dress in for alterations, I was told that the assurances I received at The White Dress were bogus. All of the alterations the sales associate had assured me could be done, could not. Not to mention the alterations vendor the store recommended was very unprofessional, not clean and did a poor job. All in all, I was incredibly disappointed in this process, as it absolutely put a damper on the wedding planning experience. The White Dress has great gowns, but I would not recommend it to my friends or family given the string of events mentioned above.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Casey P

I had went to a few shops to look for my wedding dress, when my mom said she found a place in Portland she thought we should go to so she made us an appointment. All I can say is WOW! I had the BEST experience with The White Dress. They were SO helpful and so nice and it was a... Read More beautiful shop! & I found my dream dress! I have told all future brides I know to go experience the white dress! What an amazing experience!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Dani K

I had a wonderful experience at The White Dress working with Krystle Dannery and ended up finding my dress here! The White Dress was the last shop in a weekend filled with dress appointments. I had started refining what I wanted from a dress but Krystle did a fantastic job of... Read More working through each dress with me, helping me figure out what I liked and what I didn't. She pulled a lot of options for me and I felt like I had tried on everything I wanted to. When it was finally down to my favorite, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and she was very respectful and gave me space to talk with my family before making the decision. Besides how wonderful Krystle was, the shop itself was lovely. We were offered drinks as soon as we arrived and the space was beautiful and clean. The rooms are cozy and even though I knew there were other parties, it felt very private. They also offered a discount (15%) if you bought the dress during your visit and it ended up making it more reasonably priced than I anticipated. I had a great experience here and would absolutely recommend you visit The White Dress in your dress hunt!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Jordan S

I went to The White Dress this last weekend for my first time trying in dresses and found the one! They have the best bridal atmosphere and my stylist, Krystal, was able to find exactly what I was looking for before I even knew that was what I'd want! She made the whole... Read More experience super fun and I truly feel I had the ultimate wedding dress shopping experience any bride would want.

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Ashley P

Found my perfect dress here in my first visit and first time trying on dresses! Very personalized experience, everyone was very patient and not pushy. When I wanted to combine some different dress styles, they called the designer and were able to get me my perfect dress, even... Read More better than I imagined! I just got married and got so many compliments on my dress, couldn't have asked for a better experience or wedding dress for my big day!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Emily C

I am so happy I went to The White Dress to find my wedding dress! Their dress selection was fantastic and the staff was so welcoming from the moment we walked in. I worked with Kelly to find my dress and she was amazing! She was so sweet and really listened to what I was hoping... Read More to look like on my wedding day. I tried on the first dress I'd chosen and loved the top, I tried on the second dress I'd chosen and loved the bottom, and then Kelly pulled the most perfect dress that combined everything I loved from the first two. We were in and out in 45 minutes because of the great service and selection :) With a few minor alterations (adding sleeves and removing a scalloped portion of lace on the bodice) it was the dress I've been dreaming of my whole life!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Mimi K

Shayla Sevigny was incredibly helpful as I didn't have much time to find a dress! She really tried to understand my style and made it a breeze to try on multiple dresses. Ended up with a beautiful high-low skirt that was definitely one of a kind and not only stunning but fit my... Read More personality just perfect! As for tops, I wasn't able to find anything here and actually ended up buying an entire dress and altering it to just use to top...turned out perfect!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Lisa D

My experience at The White Dress was better than I could have ever imagined. Being a planner and highly indecisive, I expected to try on hundreds of dresses at many shops to find the right one. However, my stylist Krystle was amazing and I quickly realized I was in good hands. I... Read More thought I knew exactly what I wanted, but she encouraged me to try on a few different styles to be sure I saw myself in many different looks. After narrowing down the general look I wanted, Krystle pulled a handful of dresses for me to try. Once it was down to two dresses, I realized there was one I simply did not want to take off and I said yes to my dress! Krystle was so patient with me during the process and gave me the time and space to walk around in the dress to really get a feeling for it. I am so grateful for being able to take the time with my decision and not feel pressured to decide or to make a purchase. Thank you Krystle and The White Dress for making this experience so wonderful for me.

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Nicole H

Kelly was the best! She was great at showing me a wonderful selection of dresses within my budget of $1,500.00. There are so many dresses to choose from at the wonderful boutique but kelly was great at helping me narrow it down to the dress that I felt most comfortable in. I... Read More have recommended this place to all of my friends who are getting married!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Taylor W

This was my second bridal shop appointment. We worked with Krystle who was amazing. She was so helpful in making sure I tried on anything I may have thought I wanted in a dress, to making sure my opinion of the dress was heard, and making sure that before I said yes to the... Read More dress, that I was the one saying yes, not my guests who came with me. I really liked that after seeing me in a few dresses we picked out, she was able to get a true sense of what I was looking for in a dress and make recommendations and pull dresses that would interest me. She was never pushy, or trying to sell me on a more expensive gown or accessories. The shop itself is clean and organized by dress shape with every gown in a garment bag. They have a great wide hallway with mirrors and chandeliers, even bouquets to hold. I'm so excited that I was able to find the perfect dress to say yes to at the store I passed every day commuting to work on the max. I can not wait for my dress to arrive!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Meagan H

Our experience at The White Dress was unlike any other! You have you're own (what I would call) suite with plenty of comfortable seating for all your guests (I had 8 and everyone was very comfortable) we were greeted at the door with champagne and it kept flowing through out my... Read More appointment. My stylist Krystle was amazing. She was kind, patient, and was great at making sure I ended up with the right dress that had everything I wanted. I never felt pushed or rushed into anything. Everything was beautiful from the rooms, the lighting, the music and of course the dresses. If you're looking for the perfect dress shopping experience, this is the boutique to go to! Thanks for helping me find my dream dress!