Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

3 E 44th St, New York, NY (212) 922-9310

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Rachel H

Can't get over how amazing my experience was here, and just purchased my dress from here. Reasons why: 1) Affordable dresses that are gorgeous and that vary in style. I saw many different styles, and tried on about 5-10 in the styles I was looking for (my price range was... Read More 2-4K) 2) Christiane my consultant is the best, super down to earth, and we clicked well. I loved working with her 3) alterations are done in the store and are a la carte, but capped at a certain price depending on what you want 4) Not at all a "meat shop" as I see some of these places described as. It was intimate with only one other bride nearby and we had tons of space and there was no rush to get me out the door in an hour.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kristy K

I can't say enough amazing things about this bridal shop!!! EVERYONE I met, from start to finish, was extremely kind and accommodating. I was not initially excited about the process of choosing a gown, as I am not a sample size and I had no idea what I wanted in a dress. I... Read More worked with Ermina for the first try on, and she made me feel extremely comfortable and taken care of. The bridal shop is much less snotty than others in the city, and it really showed during this initial process. I didn't feel bullied into choosing a gown and she helped me to get into each dress so I didn't have to fumble around (the other places I went to just handed me a huge ball gown and had me get into it on my own, like they didn't have the time of day to help). At the White Gown, I never felt rushed. After choosing my gown, the process of ordering was extremely smooth. They didn't up-charge me for purchasing a larger size, which many of the other bridal shops do. Their customer service really stood out during the alterations process- my mom had to have emergency surgery across the country 4 weeks before my wedding, so I had to have my first fitting only 3 weeks before the wedding! I was so nervous they wouldn't be able to handle it or would charge me for a rush, but they didn't even mention a thing. I did my two fittings a week apart, and picked up the dress a week before the wedding. It fit perfectly and I got so many compliments. Definitely, definitely go to the White Gown. In my experience, they were the best bridal shop in the city BY FAR.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Megan B

I bought my wedding dress at The White Gown and I couldn't have had a better experience! The staff is knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, and professional, and they have many designers to choose from. To begin with, I loved that I could book an appointment online and that they... Read More had evening hours. The online booking was super convenient, and the evening hours allowed me to come in for fittings without taking time off from work. The salon is a little hard to find as there is not currently a sign on the outside of the building, but there is a sign on the inner door and Google maps will get you there. The salon is a modest, pleasant space with some gowns displayed in front and a larger storage room in back from which the consultants pull selections. I arrived at the end of a long day of trying on not-perfect dresses at three other bridal salons, and was a little discouraged but had a good sense of the silhouette and type of fabric I was interested in. Melissa, the consultant who helped me, was warm and friendly, listened to my and my maid of honor's descriptions of dress styles, and pulled some lovely ones for me to try on. The second gown I tried was the one! I hadn't expected to find a gown that day, planning to do some exploratory shopping and try again with a larger group when I had a better idea of what I wanted, but The White Gown had exactly what I was looking for. Melissa kindly set up a second appointment just so I could bring my bridesmaids and show my mom the gown, since I had accidentally found it without them! They all loved it, everybody cried, Melissa was helpful and friendly to everyone, and I ordered the gown that day. About six months later, right on schedule, The White Gown emailed me to say that my gown had arrived. I came in for a preliminary appointment to try it on and made the appointment for my first fitting. The fittings were great because Slubia, the seamstress who altered my gown, was wonderful! She was warm, helpful, and responsive to my questions and requests. My next two fittings were so exciting! Each time I came back, the dress fit me more perfectly. Slubia even kindly sewed the comb into my veil, which I had purchased from Etsy without the comb attached. At my final fitting, though the dress itself fit beautifully, I was a little concerned that the weight might pull it down (it's strapless), so Slubia said she would tighten the internal elastic waist band for me. Before I left, she ran out of the sewing room to show me the piece of the band she had removed, so I would feel secure that it had been done. I picked up my gown ten days later, and everything was finished to perfection. Slubia had made it fit perfectly, and it is by far the most wonderful garment I will ever wear. Thank you Slubia, Melissa, and The White Gown! You are amazing!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Bri S

I did not have the best experience here. Though the gowns were nice, the person I worked with (Marie) was not the most pleasant. She was rude to my mom and sister and didn't seem happy while working with us. It put a damper on the experience which could have been nice. There was... Read More also a limited number of gowns in the front of the store to look at.

The White Gown

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Lauren S

On Saturday (2/8/15) I went into The White Gown with my sister and we had the pleasure of having Pauline our attendant. I was very nervous since this was my first time looking for a wedding gown. Absolutely everything about my appointment was amazing, Pauline sat with my... Read More sister and I for a few minutes just talking and getting to know me before she even started talking about dresses. Once we started to talk, Pauline completely listened to everything I said I wanted in a dress. The first dress I tried one was the one! I couldn’t believe it. I still wanted to see more dresses to be sure. Pauline never pushed or made me feel pressure. She was kind enough to allow my sister and I to have time alone to talk about the dress and just made me feel so comfortable. After trying on about 4 more dresses, we put "The Dress" back on and Pauline and Marie, the manager, came in with a veil for me to see a completed look. Once the veil was on, it hit me. That was my dress!! I said Yes To The Dress right on the spot and could have never been happier. I cannot express enough how wonderful Pauline made me feel. She is truly a gem and just such a wonderful person. She truly made the experience for me. As months went on and I had my fittings, Pauline and Slubia, the seamstress, were so wonderful. They made me feel like I was the only person in the bridal shop. They personalize the service and make you feel like the most beautiful bride. Slubia tailors the dress exactly the way you want it and doesn’t push for the look to be something different. I would use her for all of my tailoring if I could! I will be forever thankful for her helping make my Wedding Dress Dreams come true! Thank you again. Lauren (Swiecicki) D'Alora

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 fdg

quite good

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Tiffany D

Stay as far as away from this wedding store as possible. Pauline our salesperson was amazing and that is the only thing good about this store. The manager Marie is one of the most unpleasant woman I have had to work with throughout my "bride" experience and I made that clear to... Read More Pauline when a few other things didn't feel right to me. I purchased the sample dress, which they charged me FULL price for, because our wedding was so close. I kept the dress at the location with an alteration date set for August 27th. As most brides would be I was very excited, one thing checked off our list until I found out they were allowing other people to try on the dress after we had paid for it in full. When I called the store to confront them, the manager Marie, told me they had ordered me a brand new dress a week ago. When I asked why they didn't call and tell me that they purchased a new gown I received the run around. I asked her if she had known that I had an alteration scheduled with them for August 27th she said she was unaware. When I asked when the dress would come in and what size she told me an 8 and she had no idea what date but that it would be sometime in September. I called the designer directly and not only were they disgusted with the fact the store would be allowing other woman to try on the dress, they also told me there was no dresses in my color being manufactured for September date. I did receive a full refund from the store, but I am speaking with the designer to pull the line and although many other woman may have had somewhat good experiences with the store, little do they know their dress was probably being tried on by others so they could make an extra sale. If you have purchased your dress at this store and can get it from another location in time for your wedding I suggest you do so. Thankfully the designer itself was able to get me a dress in the other color they offered in my exact size.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Merissa S

They have a very beautiful and unique selection of dresses at this salon. I couldn't find any other salon in the city that had the dress I was looking for by Jim Hjlem - Blush Line. Everyone working there is extremely friendly. Alterations went perfectly and the dress fit me... Read More like a glove! Thank you for being so easy to work with and for helping me find the wedding dress of my dreams!!!

Best place in the world!

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Maria F

It's no surprise to me that this place has outstanding reviews. Let me tell you! All the brides out there, this place is HEAVEN. The people that work there are sooooooo nice and sweet. You are definitely not being rush... pressured or annoyed.. I had the greatest time. Do not... Read More buy your dress until you pay a visit here first!

Best Wedding Gown Store!

Reviewed on 3/12/2015

I had an extraordinary time at the The White Gown! I love how I had my own personal helper who was so patient and polite. It was a wonderful experience and I was able to find my dream wedding dress!

Incredible Staff and Selection

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Christy Chapin E

I cannot say enough about the White Gown! It was the first place we went - and Mary pulled some beautiful dresses for me - and ultimately my beautiful dress. She was amazing, patient and funny! A wonderful experience. Siobhan did my alterations - and again was amazing. my... Read More dress looked incredible thanks to Mary helping to pick the right one, and Siobhan nipping and tucking me in all the right places. I highly recommend the White Gown to any bride. I'm so grateful for their help in making me look beautiful on my wedding day.

Attentive and Easy

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Kerri D

The girls working at this bridal salon are great! I went with my mom, stepmom and sister. The girls let them take pictures and stuck around my budget. They listened to what I was looking for and gave me an array of options to choose from. I tried on about 5 dresses and fell for... Read More the first of the group. All of my fittings went smoothly and the seamstress on site was wonderful. She is truly an artist. The salon has a very easy going atmosphere, which is great for any bride.

wedding dress shopping experience of my dreams

Reviewed on 5/20/2014 Jessica S

I traveled from Nashville, TN to NYC with my sister to shop for my wedding gown. I was blown away by the unique selection of gowns at The White Gown, and at such great prices! The service was unlike any that I received elsewhere, even up until my wedding day.

Great experience!

Reviewed on 5/12/2014 megan d

I purchased my gown from The White Gown, and had a great experience. I first went for an appointment and my consultant was Marie. At first she was kind of brisk, but she softened up (and she brought me great gowns, so the briskness isn't that important...) I found a dress I... Read More loved but I couldn't commit yet, partially because of price and rethinking the budget I had set for myself. I went back a few weeks later for a sample sale, and the service I received at the sample sale was also great- they helped me look for gowns and didn't rush me in and out. I ended up finding a gown at the sample sale- they dropped the sample price for me even more, and I loved that they didn't try to force me into getting the more expensive, non-sample dress. I also got my dress altered here, and my alteration experience was great as well. Their alterations are charged on the basis of what needs to be fixed and my alterations were very reasonable.

Just What I Wanted!

Reviewed on 3/11/2014 Jessica R

I walked in armed with a pinterest page of dresses I liked, an idea of what I wanted to look like on my wedding day, and a strict budget. The staff brought my vision to life. They looked through the selection of dresses, listened to the description of my style,and noted the... Read More designers I liked, while offering alternatives within my budget. Within minutes, there were 5 very different dresses in my dressing room to try. I guickly narrowed my choices down to three, and was advised to think about it and to schedule an appointment for a few days later to try them on again. There was no hard pushing on their part, and they even took the time to show me how we could make some slight alterations to make the dress truly my own. By the time I went back, I couldn't stop thinking about one dress in particular, and all of the staff agreed, I was making a fantastic choice. They allow for three alteration appointments, for a reasonable price, with their in house seamstresss, who did such an exceptional job, we spoke with her about other alterations in the future. From start to finish, whenever I had an appointment on a day that was not going well, when I walked in there, I instantly smiled and I knew I had come to the right place. I would send EVERYONE I know there in the future. And the way I truly knew I had made the right choice, was not just from all the guests telling me it was the most beautiful and different gown they had ever seen, but from the reaction on my husband's face when I saw him for the first time in my wedding dress.

Unfortunate

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Ellina S

I purchased my dress here when they were at their DUMBO location. Buying my dress here was the best experience I could have asked for. Erica seemed to have been able to read my mind. I went to 5 other salons and this was by far the greatest. Alterations was completely... Read More the opposite. The women doing my alterations was rude, inattentive, made me cry 2x, and dishonest. Whatever issue I brought up with her she found a way to blame me. In the end the dress came out ok. However, now, when I look at my dress after my wedding I see that she did a terrible job. My entire wedding my husband was "fishing" my leg out of my dress as the bustles had torn a huge hole in my dress. The way the bustles were attached also ruined the look of my lace mutli layered pronovias dress. Also there are 2 strips of fabric hanging off my dress where the bustles were attached that tore the dress literally to shreds. Lastly there are huge holes at my hips along the seams, the seamstress assured me there is no way for this could happen. Come here to buy the dress, but don't alter it here. The seamstress always made me feel as if she was doing me a favor, not that I was paying her crazy money to alter my dress. Any mom and pop on the corner would give me more attention and do a much better job.

Amazing Find, Truly Sweet Staff, Gorgeous Dresses

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Kristy O

I went to the White Gown for a "dry run" back in December, a full month before I actually wanted to try any dresses on for reals. They had a Spanish designer's trunk show, and I thought it would be cool juju since I was marrying a Spaniard. It was the evening after my work... Read More holiday party, which was pretty awesome timing. My dear friend joined me and we were helped by Emily, who was sweet and very helpful. She didn't bring me a single item over my quoted budget. I loved two of the dresses and after some thought called to schedule a second appointment with the same friend and my maid of honor. When we were waiting out front, I was flipping through the book and remembered one of their Enzoani dresses online that I'd liked, and requested if I could try it as well for kicks. Adorable Mercedes was helping me on this occasion, and brought it out immediately. Before retrying the other two, I slipped this one on. It was love at first sight. You always hear about this moment but most of us realists believe that it's total bs. It's not. I could not stop shaking with excitement. IT FELT GOOOOOD. I didn't feel like PMS of the Month Club in it. I felt like I didn't need to change myself dramatically. It completed me! Or something. I was stunned and paid my deposit. My head spun. Could it be that I'd just bought my wedding gown on my first try, seven months before my wedding day? Keanu moment of "Woah." The dress arrived a MONTH early--and I'd been trained by others who've gone to Kleinfeld and the like that you should sweat it coming on time at all. The first fitting was scheduled without a hitch, and Amanda the tailor was awesome. I don't know what all this fussing is about; the woman is great. I only needed bra inserts, a bustle (the hem was heavy duty and required 3 button/loops), and the shoulders slightly taken in. The final fitting was a charm, though I showed up after crying all day and looked like a complete clown. They were kind to me all the same, and said to come back on my way out of town to pick up the gown. When I pulled up, Amanda had it all steamed and ready in a beautiful bag for its trip north to Hudson. When I took it out two 100-degree days later, I thought it would be worse for wear (It'd been in the car, in two hotel closets, and on the bed). It was in perfect shape and didn't even need another steam clean. LOVE this shop. Prices and service are great, and everything gets done on time. The removal of that stress is huge. Just ask anyone who's gotten their gown at Kleinfeld!

Great Place with Great People

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Natalie W

My consultant was amazing and found me dresses that I never saw anywhere else.

so great I bought TWO wedding dresses

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Gabby M

I found out about the White Gown from an email from theknot, and I am so glad that I went! It was my first wedding dress shopping experience - and as a typical New Yorker/shopper, I tried on things, loved them, but figured that I should go to other stores to see what else was... Read More out there as well (I visited gabriela's, david's bridal (aka, hell on earth), pro novias, among others). I quickly decided to go back to the White Gown for a 2 simple reasons: 1, I loved the dresses there the most, and they were very reasonably priced 2, the experience there was unique and wonderful. The ladies who helped me were so lovely and supportive, it really made the whole experience special. I loved working with Erica and Emily during my visits there. The White Gown is a wonderful place - large selection of dresses, and the ladies who work there are very knowledgeable, professional, and helpful! I loved the place so much I actually bought 2 wedding gowns there (am having 2 celebrations, and bought both dresses there!).

Dream Dress

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Megan D

It didn't take me long to find my dress; I visited 2 shops, The White Gown being my second stop. I immediately found the dress of my dreams. The staff was very helpful; I only had two minor issues. The girl that measured me did not measure my properly. I knew the measurements... Read More were wrong so pulled aside another member of the staff who remeasured me to my proper measurements. Also, I don't think my bustle was very good, as it kept falling out during the reception--I had my sisters fix it at least 7 or 8 times throughout the evening. Otherwise, I was very happy to do business with this shop.

A Wedding Miracle thanks to Emily!

Reviewed on 12/15/2012 Jill J

To make a long story short, I flew in from Afghanistan and had no dress 10 days before my wedding. The day we went to the White Gown was rainy, cold, and miserable- which fit my mood exactly. The receptionist wasn't very enthusiastic when I explained why my budget was $500 (I... Read More already bought a dress which was ruined- another long story) and that I needed a dress TODAY. So, when I met my consultant, I was pretty disinterested and basically said “Look, here’s my situation and I don’t think you can help me so let’s not waste our time.” Emily patiently invited us to the fitting room, asked me some questions and went to find a dress. Still skeptical, I was stunned when Emily walked in with six dresses, all gorgeous, all in the style I asked for. WOW. And because I was getting married in 10 days (in Arizona, mind you), they were able to sell me a floor sample and a veil. Total cost $512. Although the dress itself was beautiful, I give full credit to Emily. She’s a rock star. I don’t even know how she came back with six dresses because I’m not a person who fits into everything easily. She spent time helping me in and out of the dresses, gave her honest opinion on which dresses were flattering, etc. When I finally chose my dress (can you imagine that I even had choices?!), she went over the dress with me, showed me the flaws that i didn't even see and told me which areas I had to get my seamstress to fix and which areas to point out to the dry cleaner. I left the White Gown feeling awesome. I highly recommend the White Gown (and Emily) to anyone looking for a dress, although i don't recommend waiting until 10 days before your wedding. A big thank you to the White Gown and to Emily!!

What a great place

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Aubrey B

I made my appt with The White Gown because I saw online they carried the Jim Hjelm Blush gown I wanted to try on. Nichole pulled that dress and 2 others for me to try on and I ended up ordering the dress that I had gone there to try on. Nichole was fantastic she was so sweet... Read More and made the experience very enjoyable. I am so happy I went to The White Gown and found my dress there.

The White Gown - Brooklyn, NY

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Kate J

I truly loved my shopping experience at the White Gown. I was shopping with my bridesmaid in the city to try to find something, or at least focus my shopping, before my mom came to visit a month or so later. Earlier that day we had had a HORRIBLE experience at Pronovias - so... Read More I had pretty low expectations for the day. But Keely at the White Gown turned it all around! I told her one dress I had seen on their website I wanted to try, and described the feel of my wedding to her. Then, she came back with about 10 gowns for me to try, which was great! I felt pretty overwhelmed when standing in the middle of a showroom floor asked to tag dresses I was interested in, so it was so lovely to have someone else take the reins. She was so helpful with getting me in and out of the dresses - the best, by far, that I had experienced. I don't think I ever stepped on one of the dresses while wiggling in. Needless to say, I found THE dress (which I still LOVE) there with Keely's help! I did a bit more shopping after The White Gown, but I kept coming back to that dress and that service. The fittings were also a breeze. (And very reasonably priced) I set them all up for Sunday afternoons which was such an easy time to make the trip. My seamstress was very fast and efficient and extremely sweet. She made me feel very comfortable in the dress. She also taught my bridesmaid the best way to zip me into the dress. I had one appointment cancelled due to the seamstress being ill, but they called me as soon as they opened that Sunday and made arrangements for me to come in after work later that week, holding the store open late to accommodate me. I honestly couldn't be happier with my experience at The White Gown. I would absolutely recommend it to any bride-to-be looking for a full service bridal salon.

The Best Experience I Could Imagine

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Rachael L

The White Gown was actually the first place I looked for a dress. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and really listened to my likes/dislikes/style ideas, and then went beyond to give me even more ideas. I immediately found two dresses that I adored, but couldn't... Read More imagine that I could buy a dress at my first stop, so I decided to keep looking. After visiting quite a few of the top bridal ateliers in the city, I was struck by how everything I had been looking at seemed to look "cheap" but cost a fortune (I didn't have a specific budget, but wasn't looking to spend a down payment on a house on my dress). I had just walked out of a very well-known boutique, and all I could think of were the two dresses at the White Gown! I ended up going back that afternoon. I didn't have an appointment, but they were extraordinarily accommodating, and I ended up choosing one of the two original dresses - a stunning Enzoani. Not only did it look and feel expensive and well-made, but was a great deal LESS expensive than what I had been trying on at the other ateliers. Fittings were a dream - I was losing a lot of weight before the wedding, and they even gave me an additional fitting right before the wedding to make sure the dress fit perfectly. I was told that every dress was altered "like it was [the seamstress's] own daughter's dress," and that is exactly what it was like. It was perfect. The entire experience was absolutely wonderful. There was no pushiness or sales pressure, they helped me to find the absolute most beautiful dress I could imagine, and made it to fit me like haute couture. I would recommend the White Gown to anyone and everyone. THANK YOU for helping to make my wedding so perfect.

Excellent Experience

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Jessica H

The White Gown was the first wedding dress shop I visited. When I visited the next, it became clear why it was a great place. I went on a summer weekday. In this business, it's easy to treat the bride as just another lady looking for a dress. But at The White Gown, they made me... Read More feel like the only one in the store! They spent 1.5 hours with me. When I called them to order the dress, Erica was so patient with my questions and was perfectly helpful. Oh, and I found a gorgeous dress there! Overall, it was an excellent experience. I highly recommend The White Gown.

Start a Conversation!