150 E 300 N, Salt Lake City, UT
The White Memorial Chapel was first built in 1883, and it was originally located on A Street and 2nd Avenue. It was home to the 18th ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS). In 1973, the chapel was carefully disassembled to ensure elements could be reused. In 1976, the chapel was rebuilt on land donated by the Utah State Legislature in celebration of the nation’s 200th birthday, using the chapel’s original steeple, Gothic windows, doors, and benches. The LDS Sunday School program was launched at this location, and it served as the founding location for the first Boy Scout troop in Utah. The building is now a non-denominational chapel used for civic purposes.