Expert Bridal Alterations & Custom Sewing in LA

The Williamsburg Seamster is honored to be here for all of your bridal sewing needs, from the alterations and tailoring needed to perfect an off the rack gown, to the modernization of an heirloom gown that graced the aisle before you, to a fully custom, sustainably made, modern wedding dress, with expert, focused attention given to each bride with private appts. After 9 years working one-on-one with over 750 brides in Brooklyn, New York, TWS is thrilled to sew for Los Angeles-area brides from our beautiful sun-soaked studio in downtown LA. Profiled in The New York Times, Refinery29, Into the Gloss, and more, however, the most rewarding coverage has been in notes & reviews received after the wedding, learning how our work contributed to the beauty, comfort, and love of each brides' day!

Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

1200 Santee St, Los Angeles, CA (323) 739-4640

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Saarah J

Tara is outstanding. She is professional, efficient and amazingly talented at transforming wedding dresses so that they are the perfect look for each client (I say this based on my own experience and having followed her work on instagram for a while now). I'm particularly... Read More grateful to her for going out on a limb to help me when her NY schedule was fully-booked this late Summer/early Fall. I came to her with a beautiful BHLDN dress that needed to be taken in and required a sleeve. She altered it in a way that fit my body perfectly. The new sleeve was both better than the original one and did not appear to be a modification at all - she totally nailed the aesthetic (and improved it). I hope that many LA brides will get to experience the magic of Tara!

2016-12-11T19:43:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this feedback and review. I'm so glad we were able to make it work in terms of timing, and particularly happy to have had the opportunity to customize your dress in such a fun, creative way, in addition to the... Read Less Read More

Nayantara Banerjee

Hi! I am the founder, seamstress, instagrammer, etc, of The Williamsburg Seamster, started in Brooklyn in 2007, shortly after graduating with my BS in Fashion Design from Syracuse University. I love hands-on sewing and working closely with people, yet found myself disillusioned with the mainstream fashion industry. I feel lucky to have found my true calling in helping incredible women look & feel amazing on their wedding day through sewing. I also study responsible innovation & labor rights in fashion, and hope to incorporate more sustainable, ethical practices in the wedding dress industry.