Beautiful Ballrooms, Gardens and Guest Suites

The Wilshire encompasses elegant, newly renovated ballrooms, stunning gardens, new bridal salons,a top-rated hotel with discounted wedding rates, a fine Italian restaurant and bar, in-house florist, DJ/Band, and photographer with special rates, delicious cuisine and a world-class staff to take care of your every need. - Pet Friendly Hotel - On-site after party - Wine Cellar - Outdoor Gardens - Beautiful Photo Opportunities - Indoor/Outdoor Ceremonies - Newly Renovated Venue - Personal Event Planner

Ballroom, Hotel, Loft, Park, Restaurant, Trees

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

350 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ (973) 736-3240

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Georgia F

We had our wedding on Saturday 11/11/2017 and I can honestly say it was the best day of our lives. The Wilshire Caterers was absolutely amazing. The place is just beautiful. The staff is phenomenal. Everyone RAVED about the food. The plates are reasonably priced. Joe'l, the... Read More events coordinator was helpful and accommodating since the moment we met with her to book our wedding. She was there the night of our wedding and made sure everything was perfect and it was. Angela, the bridal attendant was wonderful, as well as Junior, Kirby, and the rest of the staff. The cocktail hour stations were absolutely astonishing as well. The staff was accommodating with our families and made sure everyone was satisfied. I can't say enough good things about this place. I, ONE THOUSAND PERCENT, recommend this place for your wedding. I'll never forget it.

2018-01-11T23:46:17 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU so much for your incredibly kind words and amazing feedback!!! Joe'l, Junior, Kirby and Angela are the BEST around and we are so happy you were able to enjoy their hospitality and service on your most special day! They cannot thank you enough... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Elisa P

The Wilshire was beyond all our expectations for our wedding. As soon as we visited the venue and met with Joe'l, we knew we wanted to book it. Joe'l was AMAZING to work with and truly made the wedding planning experience so smooth. She answered all my questions, was very... Read More patient with us if we changed our minds or were indecisive, and made sure we had the time of our lives on our wedding day! My bridal attendant, Angela, was fantastic, making sure I had everything I needed, and was where I was supposed to be at the right time. The maitre d's, Kirby and Junior, we phenomenal as well. We had our ceremony in their beautiful outdoor space; however, if we had needed to have it inside due to weather, they set it up beautifully as well! The food was fantastic, the desert room was outrageous (in a good way!) and the service was impeccable. I could not have been happier that we had our wedding here - it was the most perfect day and not without the help of all the staff at the Wilshire.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Sarah A

4/23/17 Joe'l is a Star... she was always available to answer any questions we had and was swift at responding to our emails. The day of our wedding... the entire staff was so very organized and directed us step by step to make sure we didn't have any lag time lost in between.... Read More Junior, one of our Maitre'd s - he made sure the reception was executed as structured. Samantha, our bridal attendant...did an exceptional job... she had everything I needed before I could finish asking for it. Everyone is STILL talking about the cocktail hour... we hope we can attend a wedding here one day so we can have that experience as we were out taking photos. I can't think of one thing that went wrong. The price was right, the staff was great, the food was fantastic...(FANTASTIC) and our wedding was everything we hoped for.

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Nina A

We were floored by what a great job the Wilshire did for our wedding. We were looking for a wedding venue that could provide class but cater to the fact that we were not looking for a standard wedding reception. They were on point. The Loft space was perfect for us, we added... Read More the lounge furniture for a club feel. The food was outstanding. My foodie friends sought me out to compliment the food. John Bowes was our point of contact, and that man is amazing. He will take excellent care of you. I highly recommend this venue.

2018-03-15T18:35:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your incredible feedback and we are so grateful for the opportunity to host your wedding day! Our kitchen Team is so happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed their culinary creations and we completely agree with you, John Bowes... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Dana B

From the moment we walked into the Wilshire we knew that we wanted to have our wedding there. John was great to work with. He helped us get a day where we would be the only event and helped us get to the price point we needed. The cocktail hour was amazing. The amount of food... Read More and space was phenomenal. We loved that it had seating for over 150 guests. The ballroom was stunning and was plenty big for our 200 guests. Our guests are still raving about the food. The bridal attendant made sure that I had everything I needed all night. This venue was absolutely amazing and I highly recommend it for weddings!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Yaelle T

We had our wedding here the first weekend of December. This place is amazing and so incredibly professional, they know exactly what they are doing and were always willing to help every step of the way. We worked with Joe'l from the start and she was by my side until the very end... Read More of the night. She was incredibly responsive to all my phone calls and emails, and her and the entire Wilshire team made the entire night run seamlessly. Neither me nor my family had to worry about a single thing - they literally took care of everything and we just got to enjoy our special day. I am so happy we had our wedding here and so thankful for everyone at Wilshire who put in so much work to pull off such an amazing day!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Danielle S

Everyone at the Wilshire was wonderful. Every second of the day went perfectly. John was marvelous with helping us to coordinate the food, the schedule for the day of the wedding, and everything else in between. The bridal attendant, Matre D, and staff also treated us so well... Read More and were very accommodating. The food was incredible. The venue is beautiful and I strongly recommend couples to go here.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Jamie G

Wedding of my dreams! John Bowes is amazing! Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Sam L

Overall, we had a great time at our wedding but there were a few details that we found to be disappointing on the day of. Pros: Everyone enjoyed the cocktail hour, as there was plenty of variety, and the ice luge/martini bar was especially a hit Cons: The lighting in the... Read More ballroom was hideous. We asked for natural, soft white lighting many times before the wedding day, but on the day of the wedding, bright pink and purple lighting was used. When we asked them to turn it off, they said that they couldn't. It was also very dark, and our videographer complained that the video would not come out well as a result (hoping that's not actually going to be the case when we get our video back). We also only wanted white flowers to be used, but it appears that the staff put out the purple flowers from the wedding the day before ours. I could see how they thought they were doing us a favor, as the flowers were still fresh, however, it was not in our wedding color palette. For future brides/grooms, I would just advise to go over all of the details in writing with the venue staff, and designate a bridal party or family member to check on the execution of all of these details on the day of the wedding.

2017-08-17T22:37:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback. With regards to our complimentary LED ballroom lighting, we would have been more than happy to change the color-wash lighting for you at a moment's notice with the touch of a button. However, after following... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Jessica P

From start to finish this venue did everything and more. John was helpful every step of the way with my obnoxious amounts of e-mails and always did everything in his power to make me smile. The day of John and Angela (my bridal attendant) were an allstar squad. Angela got me in... Read More and out of my corset backed dress (twice!) and was by my side all night and made sure I always had champagne in my hand. I would have been lost without them. They made me feel like royalty and made the day even more special than I ever dreamed. Days later and everyone is still raving about the food, the service and the venue itself. Thank you all so much for everything

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Carlos F

Everything was excellent. The room was decorated to our exact specifications. Mr. Bowes was very professional and friendly throughout the process.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Kelly C

Having my wedding at the Wilshire Grand was the best decision I ever made! It was truly the most perfect venue and I couldn't be more grateful for the staff there. John was a delight to work with and helped me make all of the best decisions when it came to the wedding. We had... Read More a possible rainy weekend (okay fine it poured) but we were really wanted to have the cocktail hour outside in the slight chance of clear skies. John was so supportive and helped us to weigh the pros and cons. In the end we had the cocktail hour inside and he made sure every detail was just perfect and the entire room was beautiful. Everything went smoothly and exactly as planned. I never even noticed the staff whizzing around in and out of their places. And on top of it all, Angela was our bridal attendant and was 10000%! She was fantastic, my husband always had a drink ready and she was always there to help me when I needed. The food was incredible from start to finish. In addition we went to the hotel restaurant afterwards for a an after party which was extremely convenient because they closed down the space and let us continue our night until 2am. And having the hotel attached helped us seal the deal for picking the Wilshire! We are so lucky to h ave found such a perfect place and to get all of the love and support from John and his staff. Thank you thank you thank you 100,000 times again!

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Alanna M

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner & blocked rooms here!! Planning everything was a breeze! The food at the dinner was fantastic and the hotel is beautiful our guests loved it!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Scott H

I've worked in the Wedding Industry for 5 years so I've seen many venues. The Wilshire is hands down the best venue to have a wedding reception at in all of NJ. The professionalism, service, and food is top notch! Junior helped us plan our wedding and was always very... Read More accommodating. They went above and beyond to ensure our day was flawless. They're truly there with you every step of the way, which is great considering how stressful wedding planning can be. Our wedding day exceeded already high expectations given the impeccable track record The Wilshire has. The presentation of the food, the food selection, and staff made our day memorable for us and our guests. If you want to have a memorable wedding with people who truly care about your special day, book your wedding with the Wilshire Caterers and you will not be disappointed. They are first class and have my recommendation!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Troy G

The Wilshire Caterers is a premiere Wedding Venue. You will get nothing but top notch service, and the best that a food and beverage team can provide. Joe'l and her team took great care of my wife and I. We would totally recommend anyone who is looking for a wonderful wedding... Read More experience to call the Wilshire!

2016-11-05T15:14:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words and Joe'l is absolutely fantastic! We are so happy that she, along with the rest of the Wilshire Team, was able to make your wedding day incredible! We had a blast working with you and thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Ashley J

This is an amazing venue with amazing team!!!! We had our wedding at The Wilshire on 7/15/16 and it was nothing short of amazing! The director of catering, John, and his team did everything I could have ever imagined to make our special day perfect! We received numerous... Read More compliments from our guest about decor, the service they received and everyone loved the food! John and Junior were beyond helpful & attentive to any questions or concerns we had We could not have chosen a better place for our special day!

2016-09-21T10:56:14 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU so much for the kind words and we are so happy you both enjoyed your special day with us - that's what it's all about! John, Junior, Kirby, Joe'l and the rest of the team truly enjoyed working with you on every aspect... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Melissa M

This place was absolutely amazing!! They made my special day literally the best day ever. Joe'l was super helpful and always there for me when I had a question- she was so quick to answer emails! The day of was perfect. Everything was set up perfectly. The staff was so attentive... Read More to us and our guests. The food and drinks were amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better day or better service! So happy I found this place on here!

2016-09-21T10:57:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the stellar review and Joe'l is the BEST there is! We are so happy you enjoyed working with her to ensure your wedding day was absolutely spectacular!!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Kenny C

If your looking for a venue for a wedding then this is the place! Attentive to detail, extremely organized, & the best staff in the world. Travis is such a pleasure to work with. This man is on top of everything! My bride absolutely loved her bridal attendant Sammantha.... Read More Kirby is another gentleman I would request to have there. I honestly was amazed on how smooth the entire night went. Look no further and choose The Wilshire for your wedding. You won't regret it.

2016-09-21T11:00:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you thank you and we are overjoyed to hear everything was PERFECTLY to your liking! Kirby, Travis, and Samantha are just a fraction of the incredible team at Wilshire Caterers that makes us what we are! Thank you for your great feedback and for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Jennifer C

We had our wedding in the loft space (The Loft @ 350), which has recently been redone and is even more beautiful than before - definitely not your typically venue space, which is what we were looking for (white stacked stone wall, exposed ceilings). The food was excellent -... Read More everyone has been raving about the mac & cheese bar at the cocktail hour! John was amazing to work with and very accommodating, he made the process very easy!

2016-09-21T11:02:44 Response from the vendor

John Bowes is the BEST and we are so happy you got to be one of our first couples to enjoy the newly renovated Loft at 350! We're sure the new tumbled marble wall will show up amazing in your wedding day photos along with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Irene R

My husband & I just got married at the Wilshire Grand Hotel on 6/25/16! Everything from the staff, to the food, to the ambiance was perfect. Joe’l helped us plan our special day every step of the way & was awesome! She was incredibly sweet, generous & extremely accommodating.... Read More She added special details to help make our day perfect and went above & beyond her expected duties. The staff working our wedding was so incredibly polite, friendly, & attentive. Our maître d’ Cecilia was a complete angel! She was by my side the whole day & made sure to assist my bridal party w/ANYTHING they needed. While getting ready in the bridal salon, she made sure to keep our champagne bucket full, had all other beverages fully stocked throughout the day & assisted w/the espresso machine. During the reception she made sure my drinks were always full & fresh throughout the entire night. At the end of the night she packed all of our things from the bridal salon onto a cart & wheeled it to our hotel suite. The captain of the night was also extremely attentive & continued to check in on us throughout the night to ensure we were fully taken care of. I was so impressed! The food! Omg it was all so delicious! During our food tasting we were so torn on what to choose b/c everything tasted so incredibly good. They’re also great w/accommodating any of your guest who may have dietary restrictions & will make special dishes for those in need. The options for cocktail hr are endless! Our guest wouldn’t stop talking about how much they enjoyed it all! The ambiance at the Wilshire Caterers is beautiful! The outdoor space creates such a gorgeous atmosphere that is perfect for an outdoor ceremony & the sparkling chandeliers inside help create a sweet whimsical feeling. The pictures posted online don’t do it justice. Once everything is all set up the place just sparkles! A great plus about hosting your event here is you can have your guest stay the night at the hotel that is connected to the catering hall. However, I will admit dealing w/the hotel wasn’t the most pleasant experience. It’s difficult to get a hold of a manager & the people working the front desk don’t seem to know much. Also, the restaurant “Primaveras” is a DON’T DO. Although they aren’t associated w/the Wilshire Caterers, they are known to host “after parties” for weddings held here & I have to say, that was a nightmare. 3 days before our wedding the mngr Julio tells us he has a party booked right before ours & they decided to extend the length of time they booked the restaurant for. He said we would have to wait outside w/our guest for a full hour before we can use the space. My husband told him this was unacceptable & was not part of the agreement. Julio was very rude, aggressive & told my husband he was no longer allowing us to use his space. We were in utter shock w/his lack of professionalism & spoke to Joe’l @ the Wilshire Caterers about what happened. She was so apologetic (even though the restaurant isn’t part of the catering hall) & was quick to offer a solution. We decided to move our after party to a bar that is located 5 mins away & it was perfect! Joe’l spoke w/her mngr Travis, they called up the bar we were hosting our after party at & covered a large portion of our bar tab. This was so incredibly generous of them. They were simply amazing! Overall we are so happy we had our wedding at the Wilshire Caterers. They did a superb job & really made our wedding a special day that I’ll never forget!

2016-09-21T11:26:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind and honest feedback and we are so happy to hear you both enjoyed your wedding day with us! Joe'l is phenomenal and had a blast planning your special day with you both. We are happy to hear she... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 maureen b

I’m not sure the written word can do this venue justice. Wilshire is a feeling and a lifestyle we would all like to achieve. From the first experience meeting Travis to the last moment of the night of my daughter’s wedding. We felt as though we were part of a family, rather... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw than just a customer at a wedding venue. I don’t think there is another place that goes to the extent that these professionals did to bring the bride and groom’s dreams to fruition. Cocktail hour was beautiful and delicious with a wide assortment of food and drinks. Our guests loved the Garden room and even better the patio with the fire pit and waterfall to enjoy during cocktail hour. The ballroom was breathtaking, the meal scrumptious, but even more important such impeccable service. Our family and friends remarked how wonderful the Wilshire was to them. A huge thank you to Travis, we love your energy and vision. Angela, you fit your name (angel). Your calm and, poise and professionalism were amazing. Junior and John could not have been any more attentive. You have a very special place with an exceptional staff. I hope others get to experience The Wilshire Grand as we did. Many of guest stayed in the adjoining Wilshire Grand Hotel. Ed Reagoso and his staff made their stay a pleasure. The Primavera Restaurant (on site) arranged for their after party and morning after breakfast, which helped to make the celebration continue. It felt like a destination wedding in town.

2016-09-21T11:29:24 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU for the absolutely wonderful feedback!!! We could not have summed up the Wilshire experience better if we tried! (and we always try to surpass to the standards we set in the industry!) Thank you again from all of! John, Junior, Ed and Travis... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Lynda F

Thank you beyond words to The Grand Wilshire for an amazing wedding! From day one you took time to help us and really understand what we wanted for our special day. The amazing hospitality to the deliverance. Everyone said they had an amazing time, how beautiful it was and the... Read More food was amazing (which is why we chose them). Tou always got back to me with questions in a great time and always willing to help me figure out how to do certain things. Thank you for the best day of our life! If anyone is wondering where to have a great time with a beautiful venue and amazing staff don't let them pass you by!

2016-04-21T12:16:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the incredible words and it is our sincere pleasure to serve you in every and any way possible!!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Abbie S

After all the planning leading up to the wedding it's hard to believe it's over. We all had a wonderful experience working with Travis from the Wilshire Caterers who orchestrated and executed the evening so well from the beginning to the end. Our guests were taken care of every... Read More step along the way and the wedding ran smoothly and seemingly effortlessly. You were always available, either by phone or in person, to address any concerns or questions that both the bride and groom and their families had. And you helped facilitate solutions that worked for both you and our families. We especially want to thank Angela who, with her calm, efficient and friendly manner was always one step ahead in anticipation of the bride's needs. She was attentive,helpful and always pleasant even as we made sure that everything that we had left in Bridal Suite was accounted for at the end of the evening. Although she had responsibilities beyond taking care of the bride nothing was too much trouble to help us with. We also want to thank Kirby for managing the reception, moving our guests from room to room in a timely, well organized way without any delay or confusion. Small details were no bother. He even held on to my glasses which I didn't wear under the chuppah, handing them right back to me as I walked out after the ceremony. He checked in constantly throughout the evening just in case anything came up that needed to be taken care of. It was an absolute pleasure dealing with you and your organization.

2016-09-21T11:32:59 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU so much for your beautiful feedback and Travis, Angela, Kirby and the rest of the team love making magic happen here at The Wilshire Caterers! We are so happy you chose us to serve you and we were able to share that magic... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Cheryl M

Several years ago, I attended a business meeting at The Wilshire Grand Hotel. I walked in and thought, "This is where I'm having my wedding." When it came time to plan the wedding, my fiance and I looked at several recommended venues, but none came close to the value and service... Read More offered by The Wilshire Grand. Travis was available for our every question. The food was endless and delicious. They were able to EXCEED our every request. Our guests, months later, are still raving about how much food there was and how delicious it was. With ongoing renovations, the site gets even more beautiful each time I visit. The staff was beyond professional and our bridal attendant, Cecelia, catered to our every need. They were so easy to work with and the price for what we go was MORE THAN FAIR. The Wilshire Grand made my wedding day dreams come true and I highly recommend what I believe to be NJ's best kept wedding venue secret.

2015-12-31T18:12:20 Response from the vendor

Dear Cheryl, THANK YOU so much for the incredible feedback and we miss seeing you and Ryan!!! It was incredible working with you and thank you again for the opportunity to do so. Everyone loved working with you both and we are beyond happy to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/23/2015

My daughter & her fiancé first visited the Wilshire & met with John Bowes. They called afterwards with "we found our venue"! All parents & the happy couple met again with John B to see for ourselves. Fast forward to 10/18/2015. We used Connie the florist. She was a pleasure... Read More to work with. She totally understood our style. Jon of BK Limo was also great to work with. The ceremony was indoors & set up beautifully, but if you are lucky to have the warm weather the outdoor gardens are lovely for a ceremony. The décor upon entering is elegant, yet not overdone. Angela, the bridal attendant is amazing. She was always right there to help with everything. Cocktail hour was very impressive, along with a table of signature drinks ready for taking. We all received compliments for days after. John, Junior and all of the staff was absolutely fabulous. This is an entire team of professionals who work together to make certain everything is as perfect as it can be. This is class but not pretentious. This is the last of 4 daughters to be married, so you see I've done this before. "Thank You" to all that helped make my daughters wedding "more" fabulous than she even expected.

Meet The Director of Catering

John Bowes and Joe'l Falco

John R. Bowes and Joe'l Falco, our Directors of Catering, are easily the best in the wedding industry. Working with a true passion for their couples, John and Joe'l encompass over 50 years of experience and an incredible attitude and personality to match! Please reach out at your convenience to schedule a private tour of the Wilshire - they will help put your mind at ease and truly make you excited to begin the process that culminates in your INCREDIBLE wedding day!