The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

With gorgeous ballrooms and landscaped gardens, The Wilshire Caterers is a magnificent wedding venue. Located in West Orange, New Jersey, the venue is one of sheer elegance, creating unmatched beauty for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The site hosts indoor and outdoor wedding ceremony and reception spaces for weddings from small, intimate gatherings to a capacity of 400 guests; couples can sculpt their ideal wedding. The venue offers the following space options for wedding ceremonies and receptions.

The Grand Ballroom seating capacity is 400 guests. The interior of the ballroom is stunning, featuring a marble dance floor, crystal chandeliers, LED lighting and gorgeous architectural style. Both wedding ceremonies and receptions can be hosted in the event space.

Tuscany Ballroom accommodates up to 150 guests. The room offers a magnificent atmosphere to host wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Tuscany Ballroom features crystal chandeliers, a hardwood dance floor, LED lighting and fabulous ceilings with many intricate details.

The Loft at 350 accommodates up to 200 guests. The wedding space is one that is unique in contemporary style and interior, offering an impressive statement in a venue for wedding day celebrations. The Loft at 350 hosts both wedding ceremonies and receptions and features LED lighting and hardwood floors.

Gazebo. Blending natural beauty with the elegance of a beautifully crafted gazebo and patio, couples have an intimate outdoor area to say "I do." The gazebo features fountains with LED back-lit lighting and a patio equipped with fire pit and heat lamp for ambience and warmth.

With strong family tradition, The Wilshire Caterers offers meticulous services. With more than 95 years of experience hosting wedding ceremonies and receptions, the venue is distinguished in every aspect of wedding celebrations. The Wilshire Caterers offers various wedding packages and options, designed to accommodate couples and their wedding party. Couples have the choice of the venue's creative and talented executive chef and his culinary team as well as in-house vendors or they can choose their preferred vendors for their special day. Gluten-free or dairy-free menu selections can be prepared. The Wilshire Caterers is handicap-friendly. To book a date, the wedding venue requires a deposit and signed contract.

Couples celebrating their wedding at The Wilshire Caterers receive much more than a gorgeous venue and excellent services. The site features beautiful photo opportunities throughout the property and at the Verona Park for those first wedding and group photos that last a lifetime in memories. Other special perks for the wedding couple and guests include:

• Bridal salon
  • Pet-friendly
  • Complimentary night at the hotel for the bride and groom
  • Hotel booking discount for guests
  • Complimentary full breakfast

Beautiful Ballrooms, Gardens and Guest Suites

The Wilshire encompasses elegant, newly renovated ballrooms, stunning gardens, new bridal salons,a top-rated hotel with discounted wedding rates, a fine Italian restaurant and bar, in-house florist, DJ/Band, and photographer with special rates, delicious cuisine and a world-class staff to take care of your every need. - Pet Friendly Hotel - On-site after party - Wine Cellar - Outdoor Gardens - Beautiful Photo Opportunities - Indoor/Outdoor Ceremonies - Newly Renovated Venue - Personal Event Planner

Ballroom, Hotel, Loft, Park, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

350 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ (973) 736-3240

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Ashley J

This is an amazing venue with amazing team!!!! We had our wedding at The Wilshire on 7/15/16 and it was nothing short of amazing! The director of catering, John, and his team did everything I could have ever imagined to make our special day perfect! We received numerous... Read More compliments from our guest about decor, the service they received and everyone loved the food! John and Junior were beyond helpful & attentive to any questions or concerns we had We could not have chosen a better place for our special day!

2016-09-21T10:56:14 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU so much for the kind words and we are so happy you both enjoyed your special day with us - that's what it's all about! John, Junior, Kirby, Joe'l and the rest of the team truly enjoyed working with you on every aspect... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Troy G

The Wilshire Caterers is a premiere Wedding Venue. You will get nothing but top notch service, and the best that a food and beverage team can provide. Joe'l and her team took great care of my wife and I. We would totally recommend anyone who is looking for a wonderful wedding... Read More experience to call the Wilshire!

2016-11-05T15:14:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words and Joe'l is absolutely fantastic! We are so happy that she, along with the rest of the Wilshire Team, was able to make your wedding day incredible! We had a blast working with you and thank you... Read Less Read More

Our Daughter's Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

We just had our daughter's wedding reception at The Wilshire Caterers this past weekend. We were promised a wonderful evening and the entire staff at The Wilshire delivered as promised. The staff, from the Maitre D’ to the waiters, waitresses, bar tenders, chef, kitchen... Read More staff…everyone ! were just fabulous. The service, the food, the attention to detail, the attentiveness of the staff, and the facility itself, is second to none. We just can’t say enough about how much we enjoyed our special day, due in no small part to their collective efforts. Every one of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed themselves, and everything from the cocktail hour up to the last dance went off without a hitch. Jim & Gina D'Arcy East Hanover, NJ

2016-04-21T12:18:19 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU so much for the opportunity to serve you all and you were an absolute pleasure to work with! We wish the newly weds ALL the BEST life has to offer and we hope to see them back soon!!! Sincerely, The Wilshire Team

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Jessica P

From start to finish this venue did everything and more. John was helpful every step of the way with my obnoxious amounts of e-mails and always did everything in his power to make me smile. The day of John and Angela (my bridal attendant) were an allstar squad. Angela got me in... Read More and out of my corset backed dress (twice!) and was by my side all night and made sure I always had champagne in my hand. I would have been lost without them. They made me feel like royalty and made the day even more special than I ever dreamed. Days later and everyone is still raving about the food, the service and the venue itself. Thank you all so much for everything

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Carlos F

Everything was excellent. The room was decorated to our exact specifications. Mr. Bowes was very professional and friendly throughout the process.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Kelly C

Having my wedding at the Wilshire Grand was the best decision I ever made! It was truly the most perfect venue and I couldn't be more grateful for the staff there. John was a delight to work with and helped me make all of the best decisions when it came to the wedding. We had... Read More a possible rainy weekend (okay fine it poured) but we were really wanted to have the cocktail hour outside in the slight chance of clear skies. John was so supportive and helped us to weigh the pros and cons. In the end we had the cocktail hour inside and he made sure every detail was just perfect and the entire room was beautiful. Everything went smoothly and exactly as planned. I never even noticed the staff whizzing around in and out of their places. And on top of it all, Angela was our bridal attendant and was 10000%! She was fantastic, my husband always had a drink ready and she was always there to help me when I needed. The food was incredible from start to finish. In addition we went to the hotel restaurant afterwards for a an after party which was extremely convenient because they closed down the space and let us continue our night until 2am. And having the hotel attached helped us seal the deal for picking the Wilshire! We are so lucky to h ave found such a perfect place and to get all of the love and support from John and his staff. Thank you thank you thank you 100,000 times again!

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Alanna M

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner & blocked rooms here!! Planning everything was a breeze! The food at the dinner was fantastic and the hotel is beautiful our guests loved it!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Scott H

I've worked in the Wedding Industry for 5 years so I've seen many venues. The Wilshire is hands down the best venue to have a wedding reception at in all of NJ. The professionalism, service, and food is top notch! Junior helped us plan our wedding and was always very... Read More accommodating. They went above and beyond to ensure our day was flawless. They're truly there with you every step of the way, which is great considering how stressful wedding planning can be. Our wedding day exceeded already high expectations given the impeccable track record The Wilshire has. The presentation of the food, the food selection, and staff made our day memorable for us and our guests. If you want to have a memorable wedding with people who truly care about your special day, book your wedding with the Wilshire Caterers and you will not be disappointed. They are first class and have my recommendation!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Melissa M

This place was absolutely amazing!! They made my special day literally the best day ever. Joe'l was super helpful and always there for me when I had a question- she was so quick to answer emails! The day of was perfect. Everything was set up perfectly. The staff was so attentive... Read More to us and our guests. The food and drinks were amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better day or better service! So happy I found this place on here!

2016-09-21T10:57:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the stellar review and Joe'l is the BEST there is! We are so happy you enjoyed working with her to ensure your wedding day was absolutely spectacular!!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Kenny C

If your looking for a venue for a wedding then this is the place! Attentive to detail, extremely organized, & the best staff in the world. Travis is such a pleasure to work with. This man is on top of everything! My bride absolutely loved her bridal attendant Sammantha.... Read More Kirby is another gentleman I would request to have there. I honestly was amazed on how smooth the entire night went. Look no further and choose The Wilshire for your wedding. You won't regret it.

2016-09-21T11:00:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you thank you and we are overjoyed to hear everything was PERFECTLY to your liking! Kirby, Travis, and Samantha are just a fraction of the incredible team at Wilshire Caterers that makes us what we are! Thank you for your great feedback and for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Jennifer C

We had our wedding in the loft space (The Loft @ 350), which has recently been redone and is even more beautiful than before - definitely not your typically venue space, which is what we were looking for (white stacked stone wall, exposed ceilings). The food was excellent -... Read More everyone has been raving about the mac & cheese bar at the cocktail hour! John was amazing to work with and very accommodating, he made the process very easy!

2016-09-21T11:02:44 Response from the vendor

John Bowes is the BEST and we are so happy you got to be one of our first couples to enjoy the newly renovated Loft at 350! We're sure the new tumbled marble wall will show up amazing in your wedding day photos along with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Irene R

My husband & I just got married at the Wilshire Grand Hotel on 6/25/16! Everything from the staff, to the food, to the ambiance was perfect. Joe’l helped us plan our special day every step of the way & was awesome! She was incredibly sweet, generous & extremely accommodating.... Read More She added special details to help make our day perfect and went above & beyond her expected duties. The staff working our wedding was so incredibly polite, friendly, & attentive. Our maître d’ Cecilia was a complete angel! She was by my side the whole day & made sure to assist my bridal party w/ANYTHING they needed. While getting ready in the bridal salon, she made sure to keep our champagne bucket full, had all other beverages fully stocked throughout the day & assisted w/the espresso machine. During the reception she made sure my drinks were always full & fresh throughout the entire night. At the end of the night she packed all of our things from the bridal salon onto a cart & wheeled it to our hotel suite. The captain of the night was also extremely attentive & continued to check in on us throughout the night to ensure we were fully taken care of. I was so impressed! The food! Omg it was all so delicious! During our food tasting we were so torn on what to choose b/c everything tasted so incredibly good. They’re also great w/accommodating any of your guest who may have dietary restrictions & will make special dishes for those in need. The options for cocktail hr are endless! Our guest wouldn’t stop talking about how much they enjoyed it all! The ambiance at the Wilshire Caterers is beautiful! The outdoor space creates such a gorgeous atmosphere that is perfect for an outdoor ceremony & the sparkling chandeliers inside help create a sweet whimsical feeling. The pictures posted online don’t do it justice. Once everything is all set up the place just sparkles! A great plus about hosting your event here is you can have your guest stay the night at the hotel that is connected to the catering hall. However, I will admit dealing w/the hotel wasn’t the most pleasant experience. It’s difficult to get a hold of a manager & the people working the front desk don’t seem to know much. Also, the restaurant “Primaveras” is a DON’T DO. Although they aren’t associated w/the Wilshire Caterers, they are known to host “after parties” for weddings held here & I have to say, that was a nightmare. 3 days before our wedding the mngr Julio tells us he has a party booked right before ours & they decided to extend the length of time they booked the restaurant for. He said we would have to wait outside w/our guest for a full hour before we can use the space. My husband told him this was unacceptable & was not part of the agreement. Julio was very rude, aggressive & told my husband he was no longer allowing us to use his space. We were in utter shock w/his lack of professionalism & spoke to Joe’l @ the Wilshire Caterers about what happened. She was so apologetic (even though the restaurant isn’t part of the catering hall) & was quick to offer a solution. We decided to move our after party to a bar that is located 5 mins away & it was perfect! Joe’l spoke w/her mngr Travis, they called up the bar we were hosting our after party at & covered a large portion of our bar tab. This was so incredibly generous of them. They were simply amazing! Overall we are so happy we had our wedding at the Wilshire Caterers. They did a superb job & really made our wedding a special day that I’ll never forget!

2016-09-21T11:26:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind and honest feedback and we are so happy to hear you both enjoyed your wedding day with us! Joe'l is phenomenal and had a blast planning your special day with you both. We are happy to hear she... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 maureen b

I’m not sure the written word can do this venue justice. Wilshire is a feeling and a lifestyle we would all like to achieve. From the first experience meeting Travis to the last moment of the night of my daughter’s wedding. We felt as though we were part of a family, rather... Read More than just a customer at a wedding venue. I don’t think there is another place that goes to the extent that these professionals did to bring the bride and groom’s dreams to fruition. Cocktail hour was beautiful and delicious with a wide assortment of food and drinks. Our guests loved the Garden room and even better the patio with the fire pit and waterfall to enjoy during cocktail hour. The ballroom was breathtaking, the meal scrumptious, but even more important such impeccable service. Our family and friends remarked how wonderful the Wilshire was to them. A huge thank you to Travis, we love your energy and vision. Angela, you fit your name (angel). Your calm and, poise and professionalism were amazing. Junior and John could not have been any more attentive. You have a very special place with an exceptional staff. I hope others get to experience The Wilshire Grand as we did. Many of guest stayed in the adjoining Wilshire Grand Hotel. Ed Reagoso and his staff made their stay a pleasure. The Primavera Restaurant (on site) arranged for their after party and morning after breakfast, which helped to make the celebration continue. It felt like a destination wedding in town.

2016-09-21T11:29:24 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU for the absolutely wonderful feedback!!! We could not have summed up the Wilshire experience better if we tried! (and we always try to surpass to the standards we set in the industry!) Thank you again from all of! John, Junior, Ed and Travis... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Lynda F

Thank you beyond words to The Grand Wilshire for an amazing wedding! From day one you took time to help us and really understand what we wanted for our special day. The amazing hospitality to the deliverance. Everyone said they had an amazing time, how beautiful it was and the... Read More food was amazing (which is why we chose them). Tou always got back to me with questions in a great time and always willing to help me figure out how to do certain things. Thank you for the best day of our life! If anyone is wondering where to have a great time with a beautiful venue and amazing staff don't let them pass you by!

2016-04-21T12:16:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the incredible words and it is our sincere pleasure to serve you in every and any way possible!!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Abbie S

After all the planning leading up to the wedding it's hard to believe it's over. We all had a wonderful experience working with Travis from the Wilshire Caterers who orchestrated and executed the evening so well from the beginning to the end. Our guests were taken care of every... Read More step along the way and the wedding ran smoothly and seemingly effortlessly. You were always available, either by phone or in person, to address any concerns or questions that both the bride and groom and their families had. And you helped facilitate solutions that worked for both you and our families. We especially want to thank Angela who, with her calm, efficient and friendly manner was always one step ahead in anticipation of the bride's needs. She was attentive,helpful and always pleasant even as we made sure that everything that we had left in Bridal Suite was accounted for at the end of the evening. Although she had responsibilities beyond taking care of the bride nothing was too much trouble to help us with. We also want to thank Kirby for managing the reception, moving our guests from room to room in a timely, well organized way without any delay or confusion. Small details were no bother. He even held on to my glasses which I didn't wear under the chuppah, handing them right back to me as I walked out after the ceremony. He checked in constantly throughout the evening just in case anything came up that needed to be taken care of. It was an absolute pleasure dealing with you and your organization.

2016-09-21T11:32:59 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU so much for your beautiful feedback and Travis, Angela, Kirby and the rest of the team love making magic happen here at The Wilshire Caterers! We are so happy you chose us to serve you and we were able to share that magic... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Cheryl J

Several years ago, I attended a business meeting at The Wilshire Grand Hotel. I walked in and thought, "This is where I'm having my wedding." When it came time to plan the wedding, my fiance and I looked at several recommended venues, but none came close to the value and service... Read More offered by The Wilshire Grand. Travis was available for our every question. The food was endless and delicious. They were able to EXCEED our every request. Our guests, months later, are still raving about how much food there was and how delicious it was. With ongoing renovations, the site gets even more beautiful each time I visit. The staff was beyond professional and our bridal attendant, Cecelia, catered to our every need. They were so easy to work with and the price for what we go was MORE THAN FAIR. The Wilshire Grand made my wedding day dreams come true and I highly recommend what I believe to be NJ's best kept wedding venue secret.

2015-12-31T18:12:20 Response from the vendor

Dear Cheryl, THANK YOU so much for the incredible feedback and we miss seeing you and Ryan!!! It was incredible working with you and thank you again for the opportunity to do so. Everyone loved working with you both and we are beyond happy to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/23/2015

My daughter & her fiancé first visited the Wilshire & met with John Bowes. They called afterwards with "we found our venue"! All parents & the happy couple met again with John B to see for ourselves. Fast forward to 10/18/2015. We used Connie the florist. She was a pleasure... Read More to work with. She totally understood our style. Jon of BK Limo was also great to work with. The ceremony was indoors & set up beautifully, but if you are lucky to have the warm weather the outdoor gardens are lovely for a ceremony. The décor upon entering is elegant, yet not overdone. Angela, the bridal attendant is amazing. She was always right there to help with everything. Cocktail hour was very impressive, along with a table of signature drinks ready for taking. We all received compliments for days after. John, Junior and all of the staff was absolutely fabulous. This is an entire team of professionals who work together to make certain everything is as perfect as it can be. This is class but not pretentious. This is the last of 4 daughters to be married, so you see I've done this before. "Thank You" to all that helped make my daughters wedding "more" fabulous than she even expected.

Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 11/29/2015

Sixteen months ago when my daughter got engaged, my wife and I looked at five different venues. A friend had their daughter's wedding at the Wilshire Grand and yes, it was grand. When it was our time to tour the different venues with my daughter and future son-in-law, we saved... Read More the Wilshire for last. So glad we did because when my daughter saw the venue and spoke with Travis, she fell in love with this place. From day one, the attention to detail was nothing less than "the best". Travis worked with both my wife and daughter as the two of them did most of the preparation. When the weekend arrived my wife and I were, in a normal sense, concerned and hopeful that all will go well. From the minute we walked into the venue, every detail we previously discussed was already taken care of. Even the behind the scene issues were at 100% The decor of the rooms, the cleanliness of the bathrooms, the gracious attitude of ALL the staff both catering and hotel, attention to detail with guest's food allergies...you name it, Travis made sure it was done to perfection !! Positive comments even came from all of our vendors (photographer , florist, band) that the team at the Wilshire made it very easy for them to also do their best. We are now one week after the wedding and family and friends are still contacting us with rave reviews of their most enjoyable time at the wedding. I could not have spent any more money to make the event any more perfect for my daughter. I hope every couple getting married has the same positive and memorable experience as my children had. I do not want to ramble on, but in summary, all I can say is...Travis, thank you for making my daughter's wedding weekend as perfect and as memorable as possible. We look forward to working with you again when my other daughter is engaged.

2016-09-21T11:34:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the incredibly nice words and it was my pleasure working with you throughout the process of making sure everything was absolutely perfect and more than what you expected on your daughter's wedding day!!!

Simply the Best

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

My daughter & fiancé first visited the Wilshire & met with John Bowes, they called afterwards & said to cancel all of our other appointments, "we found our venue". All parents & the happy couple made another date to sit with John B, & see for ourselves. Classy, elegant, &... Read More perfect décor. Fast forward to Oct. 18, 2015. Connie the in house florist was fabulous, Jon of BK limo was great John, Junior & all of the staff was fabulous. Angela the bridal attendant is truly amazing. Everyone complimented the food. This is absolutely an entire team of professionals who work together. Class!! Too bad this is my last child to be married. I would definitely choose them again, without a doubt.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Samantha D

The Wilshire is breathtaking when walking in and that is what we loved about it. Every room in the venue is beautiful. The service and the food were amazing as well. Working with Travis through the whole step of our wedding was awesome. He is one of the nicest guys we know. We... Read More didn't want our planning to end cause we loved meeting with Travis so much. He was so on top of things and would answer any of my emails right away. Angela and Junior helped us the day of the wedding, I have never felt so calm through the whole planning till I met them. We were so happy with everything and would recommend this venue to anyone looking to plan their next celebration!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Tanya S

We had our weddin at the Wilshire on 10/3/15. Everything was great and everyone was amazing to work with leading up to the day! On top of a great and beautiful venue, Angela, our bridal attendant was AMAZING! She took care of everything and even my wedding planner I hired for... Read More coordination was shocked by how great she is! She bustled my dress like a pro and was always there for me! The only downside is dealing the actual hotel part of the venue but that aside, the Wilshire Caterers is a great venue!

2015-10-15T18:28:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback and from all of us at The Wilshire for the opportunity to serve you on your most special day. You were both an absolute pleasure to work with and we are SO beyond happy to hear you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Lauren D

Just had our wedding here the end of September and I have nothing but amazing things to say about the Wilshire Grand and their whole team. We worked with Travis from day 1 and he really delivered over the top service and exceeded our expectations, making it the day of our... Read More dreams. Our families and friends have been raving about how much fun they had, how beautiful the venue is, and how great the food was. I often heard from many couples that their entire wedding was a blur and they weren't able to actually enjoy most of it. Travis, Junior, and Cecilia made everything so easy for us and provided excellent service that we actually were able to sit and enjoy our dinner and got to spend lots of time on the dance floor with everyone as well. We genuinely felt so well taken care of and would definitely recommend this place to future couples! - Lauren (& Eric)

2015-10-15T18:32:02 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU both SO much and it was my pleasure working with you on making your wedding day INCREDIBLE!!!! Cecilia is amazing and Junior is the BEST there is - a personal THANK YOU from both of them for your kind words. You both are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 rachael g

Our wedding was almost two years ago and we STILL get compliments! We had an amazing experience at the Wilshire Grand Hotel. Everything went so smoothly and the staff is so warm and welcoming. Whether working with John and the catering staff or the hotel staff, everyone really... Read More makes an effort to make the bride and groom feel special. The food was incredible, especially the cocktail hour. The venue is gorgeous and spacious!

Our Wedding Was Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Adriana S

We just had our wedding over the weekend and the compliments keep coming in from all of our guests. John and his staff made our night run smoothly and perfectly. The food was amazing and there was plenty of it. There are not enough nice things to say other than that we highly... Read More recommend The Wilshire Caterers because the quality of their service and food is unbeatable.

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Danielle F

Choosing the Wilshire Caterers for our wedding was one of the best decisions we could have made! First, there's the actual venue itself - it's gorgeous and spacious! The whole venue has a white modern look inside. They have a beautiful outdoor pagoda you can get married... Read More under, but unfortunately for us the weather didn't cooperate so we had to take the ceremony inside. Even though we were disappointed that the rain forced us inside, the Tuscany ballroom was available, and is beautiful. A great selling point for this venue is that your ceremony will be stunning no matter where it is - indoors or outdoors. Another huge selling point is also that the venue and hotel are connected, so our guests could stumble back into their bed after hours of enjoying the open bar. Second, the people at the Wilshire are phenomenal! We were so lucky to work with John. He is incredibly nice and calm, and made us feel like we were the only couple he was working with. Planning with him was easy, and on the day of the wedding he was with us from morning until midnight making sure everything was perfect, running smooth, and we were happy. One of the items included in the package is a bridal attendant, but that title really downplays the work that Angela did that day. She was AMAZING!!! All at the same time, she was setting up the wedding, getting food/drinks for the wedding party, making sure we were comfortable and happy, and running around behind me to hold up my train. She even curled and fixed my hair after getting rained on! As soon as the ceremony was over, I was bustled and she had a tray of food for us. As soon as my first dance was over, she pulled out my chair and helped me sit in my gown. She got me drinks form the bar, and at the end of the night even helped me get my dress off (TMI?!), put two full meals in our fridge to eat later, and carried all of our stuff and gifts to our hotel suite. She was remarkable and definitely reduced the amount of possible stressful situations immensely. And thank you to Junior also, who kept checking on us throughout the night to make sure we were as happy as possible! Third - I have heard from multiple people that the "cocktail hour had the best food ever"! We didn't get to enjoy too much of it because we got stopped by guests as soon as we walked in, but people are still talking about how amazing it was. The Martini Bar was a huge hit with out guests and the caterers made the drinks that we requested for it so deliciously! THANK YOU to the staff at the Wilshire for making our day so special and beautiful!

2015-06-23T22:34:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so so much for the incredibly kind words about the entire Wilshire Team and thank you from all of us for the opportunity to host your most amazing day! John, Junior, and Angela are the BEST around and are so happy to hear... Read Less Read More

Meet The Director of Catering

John Bowes and Joe'l Falco

John R. Bowes and Joe'l Falco, our Directors of Catering, are easily the best in the wedding industry. Working with a true passion for their couples, John and Joe'l encompass over 50 years of experience and an incredible attitude and personality to match! Please reach out at your convenience to schedule a private tour of the Wilshire - they will help put your mind at ease and truly make you excited to begin the process that culminates in your INCREDIBLE wedding day!