Book Your Wedding with The Woodlands Inn

A BALLROOM IN WILKES-BARRE, PA

Nestled in the Poconos of Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, The Woodlands Inn has been hosting premier events for over 50 years. Offering an outstanding venue paired with delicious and creative cuisine, the inn is prepared to help you plan your entire wedding day, from food to flowers to linens.

From an elegant ballroom reception to a tranquil garden ceremony, the inn has a few different options where you can host your wedding.

The Grove. The Woodlands Inn understands the appeal of holding your ceremony out in nature. Their garden, The Grove, can be transformed into a lovely, outdoor ceremony space. With the soft sounds of the Laurel Run Stream and the numerous trees, The Grove offers a peaceful and private space for just you and your guests.

The ballroom. For an indoor ceremony and reception, the inn offers a large ballroom that can seat up to 300 people. Low lighting and chandeliers give this space a glamorous and vibrant ambience. The space is very flexible when it comes to decor and there's plenty of room for entertainment, like a DJ or musicians, as well as a dance floor. The space also has an outdoor deck where you can host your cocktail hour.

The ballroom will also be reserved for your ceremony if you choose an outdoor ceremony, in case there is bad weather.

The Woodlands Inn is very flexible when it comes to couples' planning their wedding days. They pride themselves on letting couples put their own stamp on their events.

The reception will start with a cocktail hour and five hors d'oeuvres of your choice from the inn's menu. You can choose to have your cocktail hour either on the deck or in the garden, both of which overlook their picturesque stream. You can also keep the party going after the cocktail hour with an open bar.

The Woodlands Inn will also do all your catering and they have an extensive menu you can choose from. The three- or four-course meal options consist of an appetizer, salad, entrée and dessert. There are also vegetarian, gluten-free and children's dishes you can include in the menu.

There is also a stations package you can choose that includes eight stations. Three stations are "action stations," which includes options like grilled shrimp mixed with lo mein noodles and stir-fried vegetables, fried chicken bites and rack of lamb. The other stations are four hors d'oeuvres and a salad. A dessert and coffee station is also included.

The inn will also provide you with your wedding cake for both plated meals or station meals.

For flowers, the inn offers you fresh floral centerpieces for the guest tables, buffet and bridal table. A floral cake top will also be made by the in-house florist.

A final guest count is needed three days before the wedding. Special pricing rates are offered for couples who book their wedding dates in January, February and March, as well as for Friday evenings, Saturday afternoons or Sundays. For a Saturday evening wedding, you need a minimum guest count of 125 people. The inn also suggests you arrive an hour before the ceremony for pictures.

With the stunning landscape and flexibility in planning your wedding, there are very few reasons not to choose The Woodlands Inn for your special day. If you need more reasons, the inn does offer some extra perks:

• If you have more than 100 guests, the couple gets a complimentary night's stay on their wedding night
  • Complimentary menu tasting
  • Rehearsal dinner packages

Imagine Your Perfect Wedding at The Woodlands!

Say "I do" at The Woodlands knowing that your "happily ever after" is just important to us as it is to you. The Woodlands' team of wedding professionals will be there to help you every step of the way making sure your entire wedding experience is a dream come true. Throughout your stay, find yourself sitting around the fire pit enjoying the scenic, rustic woods around you, relax with a few drinks in one of our lounges, or dance the night away in our club. The Woodlands is also the perfect place to plan all other events wedding related! Let us assist with the Engagement Party, Bridal Shower, Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties, Rehearsal Dinner, and your Farewell Brunch! No two weddings are ever alike at The Woodlands. We customize your wedding package to suit your budget and personality!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

1073 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre, PA (570) 824-9831

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Santina K

I don't even know where to begin with the Woodlands Inn because every aspect of our wedding, whether it was during the planning or during the wedding day, everything was exceptional! The food was phenomenal (the best food I've had at any venue in our area and I'm not saying this... Read More because it was my wedding), the venue and the space needed for our guests was more than enough room, and last but definitely not least the wedding coordinator(s). They were the best possible thing that could have happened to us during our wedding planning process. They were patient with all of the questions we had, whether they were small or complex. I could go on and on about this venue and how grateful we are that we went with this venue. HIGHLY,HIHGLY RECOMMENDED!!!! EXCELLET SERVICE!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017

I will try to keep this short, as I could write a few pages on how wonderful our experience was at the Woodlands. Below are some of the things that stuck out and made our experience what it was…… I had been checking into wedding reception venues that were okay, nothing gave me... Read More that feeling like “this is the place”. Then my parents and I went to the Woodlands. When we got there, we were greeted by Rick. Rick made us feel very welcomed and comfortable (almost like family) ... he explained every detail to us, every cost, every option, everything and anything we possibly needed or wanted to know about having a reception at the Woodlands. After Rick was done explaining things to us it was a unanimous decision that this is where we were going to celebrate our marriage! Fast forward to a year later (we booked two years in advance). I started working with Gail and Patty to schedule our taste testing (we opted for the sit-down dinner). Both Gail and Patty were fantastic to work with both accommodating and beyond helpful with any questions we had. For our taste test, we could include 6 guests and could pick 6 items off the menu to sample. Let me tell you, the food is phenomenal (especially the Pork Chop)! What is great about the taste test too is you get to try things you perhaps wouldn’t normally think of offering to guests as a food choice (such as the pork chop). On to a few months before the big day…Gail and Patty kept in touch and helped to keep us on track with what we would need from the menu to the drink choices, table numbers, seating for the guests, favors, special accommodations for anyone, etc. They were very well organized which made everything seem effortless and made it stress-free for us…and let me tell you I appreciate that because the last few weeks before the big day can get hectic! Now to the best part, the actual reception – it was incredible…it was more perfect than I could have ever imagined. Every single person who attended is still talking about how wonderful of a time they had. Every single person working that evening : Gail, bar tenders, servers and other staff were beyond accommodating to everyone. I had a very close friend in a wheel chair. Gail made sure there was room for his wheel chair at his assigned table, had someone waiting for him to take him down to the cocktail hour and back-up again to the main floor for dinner. This guest and my family are so incredibly appreciative of how accommodating everyone was, it means a lot. Also before I forget, my husband and I were given a free night stay in their bridal suit the night of the wedding – you want to talk about a gorgeous room….go see for yourself!!! Again, as I said I can go on and on but I promise you if you book your reception or any event at the Woodlands you will be blown away. They go above and beyond to make your experience the absolute best; you will not be disappointed. My family, husband and I want to send a special thank you to Rick, Gail, Patty and the rest of the staff at the Woodlands – you are all incredible individuals and are by the far the best in NEPA! Thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 April W

My husband and I just celebrated our wedding at The Woodlands this past weekend and couldn't say enough good things about Gail and Joe. From the beginning they sat down with us and walked through all of the details of our special day. We not only loved the venue but the fact... Read More that it is a resort so all of our guests were able to stay there and we didn't need to worry about a shuttle. There is a shuttle to The Mohegan Sun which is a neat feature we took advantage of the night of our rehearsal dinner. Any requests that we asked Gail for she was more than happy to accommodate. The cocktail hour was stunning and had a huge window looking out to the creek and bridge which were a perfect scenery for pictures. The reception room had a huge dance floor which was very important to us and the staff even set up our candy buffet. We can't say enough good things about The Woodlands Inn and would recommend this venue to any couple celebrating their big day!

Alexanders Salon and Spa

Reviewed on 8/16/2013 Gaia W

My bridesmaids and I all got our hair and makeup done at Alexanders at the Woodlands and were so satisfied! It was an out of town wedding so we weren't able to have trials which could have been a disaster - but the ladies at Alexanders were awesome. They got our styles just... Read More right and everyone looked beautiful. Not too much but just enough :)

Absoltuely Perfect

Reviewed on 6/17/2012 Cosima A

Our wedding reception was fabulous thanks to all of the staff at the Woodlands. From the first day we signed the contract with the Woodlands all the way through the event they were nothing but helpful, kind, eager, and professional. They handled our day with care and... Read More consideration and made sure every detail was beyond perfect. They went above and beyond in every way and every guest noticed it. Cocktail hour and service was incrediable, food was delicious to say the least, room was set up beautiful, staff was friendly and organized. Our guests that stayed overnight, including my husband and I loved our rooms they were clean and cozy. Would recommend the woodlands to any couple getting married if you want a worry free stunning venue!!!

Used this as guest hotel and for bridal suite

Reviewed on 8/28/2011 Lauren T

Very nice hotel with ample space to fit all my guests. A few months in advance, I reserved a block of rooms (about 50 rooms for my guests) and everyone stayed there at a discounted rate; however, the discount was not very good, and for the location, I felt that the rooms were... Read More too expensive. Unfortunately, there really isn't another hotel in the areas that would be large enough to fit all the guests. The hotel took my gift bags and gave them to all my guests, which I thought was great. And we also booked our bridal suit there. The bridal suit was amazing- a beautiful room.

Wedding

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Nicole F

I recently had my wedding at the Woodlands Inn and Resort. Everything went so smoothly and we didn't have to worry about one thing! It was just an awesome day! Thank you to the woodlands for making it a truly beautiful stress free day!

Review for The Woodlands Inn & Resort

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kristy R

The Woodlands was a great place to have a wedding reception!! They did an excellent job. Everyone was more than helpful -from the manager and wedding coordinators to the wait staff. They even went above and beyond by decorating our reception room in a beach theme because they... Read More knew we had been married on an island weeks before. The food was great and every guest made a point to tell us. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend The Woodlands to anyone looking to have an elegant, beautiful wedding.

Meet The Director of Catering

Gail Kapson

I have over 40 years of experience in the Wedding planning industry and have been involved with over 2,000 weddings planned here at The Woodlands. I’m extremely compassionate about what I do and my goal is to make your wedding day the most memorable day of your life. To make this possible, each department and team member involved in the planning and execution of your special day ensure every detail is executed seamlessly. Here at The Woodlands, we truly take pride in the fact that no two weddings are ever the same.