Book Your Wedding with The Worthington Inn

A BALLROOM IN WORTHINGTON, OH

The oldest portion of the Worthington Inn, located in Worthington, Ohio, was built as a private residence in 1831 by Rensselear W. Cowles, a businessman who came to Ohio to seek his fortune. The historic restaurant hosts wedding ceremonies and receptions, as well as rehearsal dinners and bridal showers. The restaurant has five private dining rooms that accommodate from 10 to 100 guests.

. Decorated in elegant Victorian style, this ballroom is highlighted by a marble-topped bar, a European crystal chandelier and a private balcony patio. The ballroom accommodates up to 100 guests.

With large windows that overlook Old Worthington, this event room is a bright and airy space that has white walls and a white beamed ceiling. The room accommodates up to 50 people.

The Cowles Room was the master bedroom of the original residence. It was renovated with a champagne and ivory color scheme. The original 1830s fireplace, still in working order, adds charm to the room, which accommodate up to 27 guests.

The room was the parlor in the original resident's home. The room has taupe walls and an original, working fireplace. Wedding guests can gaze out the large windows that overlook High Street in historic Old Worthington. The room accommodates up to 20 people.

The Wine Room showcases a marble-topped bar and hardwood floor, and it has a separate sitting area next to the dining tables. Guests enter the room through a wooden door that is heavily bolted, an artifact from France's Bastille prison. The room accommodates up to 14 guests.

A couple who chooses to have their wedding events at the Worthington Inn works with wedding professionals to arrange an indoor wedding ceremony, cocktail hour or a reception in one of the five dining areas. Room rental includes tables, chairs, ivory linens, china and glassware. Setup and teardown of the room is included in the fee.

Decorations may be rented through the Worthington Inn, or couples can bring in their own. Decorations cannot be hung on walls or the ceiling, and confetti and glitter are prohibited. Event hosts have access to the room one hour before the wedding.

The culinary team with more than 20 years experience in the kitchen creates fresh, seasonal cuisine made with high-quality, local ingredients. Food is plated or set out in buffet style, and a full bar is available. Couples cannot bring in outside food and beverages. However, a cake can be brought in from an outside vendor with a fee per guest.

The Worthington Inn offers 19th century Victorian elegance with 21st century amenities, including sophisticated menus.

• farmer-to-chef cuisine policy
  • free-range eggs and sustainable aquaculture.

Events at The Worthington Inn

Amidst the backdrop of a 19th century Victorian inn, our five private dining rooms are perfect for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, and bridal showers. When paired with our award winning menus, your occasion will be an event to remember in a setting your guests will never forget!

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

649 High Street, Worthington, OH (614) 885-2600

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Christine N

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at The Worthington Inn. It was absolutely incredible. From the first meeting with AnnaBell to working with Vance up to and including that day was the best. The staff that day were top notch too. Our guests continue to talk about... Read More how great the food and atmosphere were. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Taylor L

We had an amazing experience with Worthington Inn this past weekend. We did both the ceremony and the reception here. Worthington Inn provided a valet service to ensure our guests weren't wandering around Old Worthington. We had about 110 invited and 90 attend. I was nervous... Read More about the size of the room, but let me tell you, it is perfect for this sized group. We worked with Annabell to get everything started and Vance once we made our decision use their venue. Both individuals were a pleasure to work with and Vance was so accommodating even with minute changes and details; he made everything run so smoothly and was easy to get ahold of to ask questions. The room was beautiful for both the ceremony and reception. Our guests raved about the food and the waitstaff. The dance floor is the perfect size to get people dancing-our guests danced the whole time...even people who never dance! If you are looking for an easy venue to work with that is very reasonably priced for great food and an elegant evening, definitely work with Worthington Inn. They were amazing!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Satin H

My husband and I held both our wedding ceremony and reception at the Worthington Inn and it was such a great decision. To see the space upstairs is breathtaking, it's so classy and elegant! We had nothing but great service during the wedding. The food at the reception was... Read More amazing, the bar service was great. Everyone was very sweet and accommodating! Vance and Annabelle were AMAZING! If you don't have a vendor or can't find one, all you have to do is describe what you're looking for and Vance will find them! He worked within our budget and found us things (such as our flowers) that exceeded our expectations. These were the things that took all of the stress away and made wedding planning so easy! I would absolutely recommend the Worthington Inn as a wedding venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Irina O

I had my ceremony and reception at the Worthington Inn and it was amazing! We rented the main ballroom for both and had the cocktail hour on the second floor. The place provides an elegant atmosphere which was perfect for my wedding. Vance, the banquet coordinator was... Read More professional and made the whole day go by without any problems. I'm a bride that wants to control every little detail, and he was able to get all of it correctly. Every email I sent to him was answered, and every diagram I created was read. We had 50 guests and used the large dance floor. The room size was perfect for such number of people. If you want your wedding to be elegant, to run smoothly, and to have a coordinator who cares about you, then this is the place!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Grace A

My husband and I hosted both our ceremony and reception at the Worthington Inn in October 2016. Vance was great to work with, and I loved how he was able to suggest vendors such as a florist and DJ whom they had worked with in the past--saved us so much time shopping around,... Read More and both were perfect and very reasonably priced! The food and atmosphere were wonderful and our guests kept saying it was the most beautiful wedding they had attended. If you're looking for an option that is elegant and full-service but won't break the bank, this is a wonderful option! Saved me so much time and stress coordinating with individual vendors. Only reason I am not giving 5 stars is there were some things the day of that I didn't expect to have to coordinate since they have staff on hand--eg, the DJ and photographer kept asking me to decide if it was time to cut the cake, have the first dance, etc, when I expected Vance to do all of that coordination. But truly, we loved the Worthington Inn and are so excited to go back and eat at their fantastic restaurant for our anniversaries!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Brett W

We had our reception in the ball room at the Worthington in on April 10th, 2016. The staff at Worthington Inn really helped us plan the event we wanted and made sure it all came off without a hitch. For us, it was important to have time to spend with family and friends... Read More coming in from out of town. We did not want to have to stress about coordinating between lots of different vendors. They took care of everything and got it right.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Hannah C

We had an incredible fall wedding at the Worthington Inn last November. The setting is small, intimate and beautiful. The twinkling Christmas lights around the Inn made our wedding feel festive and the photos turned out gorgeous. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and... Read More reception all at the Inn and the transitions from one events to the next ran seamlessly thanks to the amazing staff at the Inn. All of our guests told us over and over how much they loved the setting we chose for our wedding--everything was perfect.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Megan Y

My husband and I celebrated our wedding reception at the Worthington Inn this past September. We worked with Vance for the year leading up to the wedding to finalize details from the timing of each course served to the flower centerpieces, to the decorations in and around the... Read More ballroom. Vance was able to book our florist and DJ through the Inn - this saved a lot of time researching vendors and coordinating time to set up, but it still allowed us to meet with those vendors to decide exactly what we wanted. We also used the pastry chef at the Inn for our wedding cake, which turned out fabulous! During our reception, a guest indicated a food allergy that we were unaware of, and Vance and the servers took care of our guest right away, and without calling attention to the issue to us or our other guests. Rest assured that any issue that comes up on the day will be remedied quickly! After our wedding, our guests complimented us on the beauty and charm of the Inn and the ballroom, and the fantastic food and service. Everyone was thrilled! As the bride, I especially appreciated that the servers were very attentive, and brought me cold water and wine without me asking or having to go to the bar. In addition, the downtown Worthington area is perfect for photos before or between your ceremony and reception! We ended up with 72 guests at our reception (including myself and my husband), spread across 8 tables (none on the dance floor). This was not an issue per say, but I would recommend taking a look at the room before you finalize your guest list to make sure you understand how tight the tables may be! Although the room holds 100, if your guests will be moving around to the bar and hallway, and if they will be dancing, it may get a little crowded and warm in the ballroom. Just good to know ahead of time! I would highly recommend having your wedding reception at the Worthington Inn!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Lizzy P

We had a small ceremony and reception in the Van Loon Ballroom and balcony and it was exactly what we were looking for. They made recommendations on local vendors to use and could accommodate all of our needs and wants. The process was easy and just what we wanted since we did... Read More not want to have to do a lot of the planning or prep ourselves.

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Renata M

Had my wedding on April 2016. It was beautiful and everything went amazingly. Vance and the staff were impeccable. Lots of guests came to me at the end of the reception and told me how impressed they were with the service. The food was great and the glasses weren't even half... Read More full before they got refilled (needless to say, a lot of ubers had to be called at the end of the night)! I didn't have to worry about anything, and the photos look gorgeous because the place is so elegant! There were 60 people at the wedding, which I thought was the perfect number, but I can see them accommodation about 72. I would suggest 9 people per table max, even though they can sit (squeeze) 10. Very happy we chose The Worthington Inn for our wedding!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Katrina W

We got married at The Worthington Inn in November and I could not have asked for a better experience. We first met Vance at the Worthington Wedding Walk and after our conversation we knew that it was the perfect spot. Annabel and Vance made the planning process so easy. We had... Read More our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception there. The rooms were setup perfectly and the evening was executed exactly as we wanted. We wanted a reception centered around amazing food and service and that's exactly what we got. The guests had a variety of options to choose for the sit down dinner and my family is still raving about how delicious it all was. The cake was identical to what I asked for and was moist and delicious. The day of the wedding my only role was to show up and enjoy the day and that's exactly what I did. I can't thank the staff there enough for providing me with the perfect day.

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

We loved our wedding and reception at The Worthington Inn. Both Annabelle and Vance were amazing and so helpful. Things could not have gone better for our day! Everything from the service to the food was perfect. We were a little worried that such a nice place was going to... Read More be a little put off by our less than traditional requests, but they were not. They were so accommodating and made both of us feel so special! Thank you Worthington Inn!! My wife and I will always be grateful for your special touches that gave us a memorable experience.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

The venue was perfect and beautiful for what we wanted. We had an intimate wedding and the character of the building made for a wonderful atmosphere. The food was delicious and beyond your typical banquet fair. The staff, Anna Bell and Vance, made the whole experience simple and... Read More enjoyable. I would recommend for anyone who wants a quaint and romantic day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Our wedding at the Worthington Inn was beyond our expectations. Vance and Annabelle made us feel confident and stress free in our planning and our guests raved about the venue and food. For what we got (full bar, appetizers, entrees, staffing), it was very reasonable pricing.... Read More It's truly a one of a kind reception venue in Columbus!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Michelle D

AMAZING experience! The event coordinators, Vance and Annabel were great. They made planning stress-free and my wedding day was perfect. We had a brunch buffet reception in the ballroom and got so many compliments on the good food, service, and set up. Very elegant and classy,... Read More without all of the additional expenses from a conference center/hotels.

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Lindsey M

My husband and I got married on a Sunday at The Worthington Inn. Our ceremony and reception was held in the Van Loon Ballroom. The room itself is extremely elegant and stunning, so not a lot of decorations are needed. I loved the venue because of the elegant and charming... Read More atmosphere. It is the perfect setting for a wedding and there are great areas outside for pictures. The chandelier in the ballroom is beautiful. The staff was very helpful and the service was top-notch. They set up all of the decorations we had and made sure everything looked great and ran smoothly. The food was also phenomenal and didn't taste like typical wedding food. The portions were also large even though we had an afternoon wedding. We are glad we picked such a fabulous venue. It is definitely worth every penny and was honestly very affordable. The Worthington Inn staff and the venue itself helped make our wedding exactly what we wanted and we are so thankful.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 lynn b

Absolutely beautiful and the guest are still raving about the food! The only suggestion I have is to ask them to turn the AC on early (if you have a summer wedding) and close the doors to cool the room down. Makes it a little chilly at first - but with all the guest it will warm... Read More up fast. (The room is on the 3rd floor and heat rises!). Fantastic place - wonderful staff - delicious food. Winner all the way around.

2016-06-03T12:01:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review your wedding at The Worthington Inn! We're sorry about the heat issue at your wedding. We continuously repaired our air conditioning system throughout the summer and apologize that it went out during your party. We are happy... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Amber G

Amazing food and service!

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Catrina L

This venue was the perfect size and atmosphere for our small intimate wedding reception. The staff went above and beyond to ensure that everything went smoothly. The food was wonderful. If you're looking for a small, but classy venue for your reception, you MUST consider The... Read More Worthington Inn!

Reviewed on 8/28/2015

OMG!! My husband, Jim, and I had the BEST experience ever working with Vance at The Worthington Inn. The day after our wedding, we both commented about how our expectations were met beyond anything we had imagined. From our first telephone conversation with Annabell, to our... Read More first meeting with Vance, EVERY worry that we had VANISHED!! Vance made it all so simple and fabulous. The food was incredible and the flexibility of the staff created the most wonderful environment for us and our guests. Everyone had a blast, and it was one of the best events of our life together. The cost of everything was incredibly reasonable, and the ease of planning this event was outstanding. We could not have been happier!! Thanks, Vance, for such a fabulous day!!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Julie P

The Worthington Inn has been my favorite restaurant in the Columbus area for many years, and choosing them as our wedding reception venue was the best choice we could've made. The location itself is beautiful and romantic, and the rooms available for events are just as lovely!... Read More We had a small wedding and used the upstairs room and bar area- perfect for our party! Vance and Annabel were amazing at helping us get plans organized and finalized. They're experience and expertise shows as they thought of every detail, a dream come true for a busy bride. The food is simply amazing. The menu options were plentiful and each dish exceeded our expectations. The staff was extremely friendly, professional and polite. I never had to worry about a thing! It was also easy and convenient for us to use our iPod for music. We were able to sit back and enjoy our day, no hiccups. I highly recommend the Worthington Inn for a wedding, or any event really. I couldn't be happier with the way our planning went and am so thankful for the staff's hard work and attentiveness to detail. It made our day!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015

This is the only reception venue in Columbus worth considering-- the Worthington Inn is a dream come true! The staff is professional and charming, the ambiance is classic and elegant, and the food is simply divine. There is no such thing as an unreasonable request here--... Read More whatever you want, they will make it happen!

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Adrienne D

This venue was absolutely perfect. Our wedding day was better than we ever could have hoped for and much of that is due to the wonderful staff and facilities at the Worthington Inn. Vance was with us through the entire day, helping us get to where we needed to be on time, making... Read More sure everything was beautiful, and ensuring our day was exactly what we wanted. The Worthington Inn wasn't my first choice (our original venue closed and cancelled our reception at the last minute), and I originally wasn't thrilled with the gold wallpaper and more quaint feel compared to my original vision of a more modern event. However, my small wedding size and modern touches made the quaint venue feel just the right amount of coziness and made the modern touches pop. My favorite part was cutting our cake on the grand piano in the ballroom! And cocktail hour on the second floor! Our guests raved about the fruits and meats and cheeses display. And drinks on the patio upstairs! And the dinner was great (and hot, unlike most wedding food)! And the dance floor, not too small and not too big, just right for a small wedding. And comfortable chairs! And martini glasses that are actually the right sized martini glasses for manhattans! Just an utterly fantastic, perfect, magnificent day.

Wedding

Reviewed on 3/03/2015

My daughter decided she wanted to get married in a month. Needless to say without Vance and the The Worthington Inn the wedding would not have been so elegant and polished. They took care of everything and we could not have been any happier. Vance's expertise was impeccable. It... Read More was as if his own daughter was getting married. We had the ceremony in the ballroom then went downstairs for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres while they transitioned the ballroom into a beautiful reception gala. We had a little over 50 people and had rave reviews on all that was served. I would recommend The Worthington Inn and Vance for any function. I plan on using them again.

AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Brandi H

I would use this place again in a heartbeat! Everything was set and ready to go for us, it was beautiful, classic, and everyone very helpful and nice. The place is stunning, the food is amazing. I can't wait to plan my 25th wedding vow renewal at this place just to use it all... Read More over again!! Do not miss out you will love this place.

Meet The Director of Sales

AnnaBell

I'll be the first person you'll speak to about hosting your wedding event at The Worthington Inn! I have worked in the Private Event department for three years with prior event planning experience at The American Heart Association as well as volunteer event management and programming for Chi Omega Sorority, Ohio State Honors and Scholars Program, and the American Red Cross. When we meet, I'll work with you on your vision for the wedding as well as the budget for the big day. My goal is to help you envision the wedding of your dreams at The Worthington Inn!