Book Your Wedding with The Yellow Barn

A BARN IN OLATHE, KS

The Yellow Barn in Johnson County, Kansas, is an event venue located on a picturesque 12-acre property. As the name suggests, it truly is a barn, complete with a rustic wood interior, a curved roof and two outdoor balconies. This intimate gathering space is a charming, updated spot to host a celebration of love. The Yellow Barn provides a memorable experience for wedding celebrations of 80 to 100 indoor guests and outdoor celebrations can accommodate additional guests. The wedding ceremony can be held outdoors or inside The Yellow Barn, while receptions are held indoors.

The Yellow Barn can be rented on an hourly basis with a three-hour minimum. The venue offers discounts when the facility is booked for longer times and the time booked includes any setup and takedown that may be required with decorations or seating. For weddings that take place from Sunday to Thursday, there is no minimum time required.

No catering is available through The Yellow Barn, so outside catering professionals need to be contracted. Chairs are provided as well as tables, while linens and any additional items must be rented from an outside vendor.

Candles are allowed inside the barn as long as they are in appropriate containers. Birdseed can be thrown outside. However rice, confetti, glitter and party spray string are not permitted inside or outside.

At The Yellow Barn, no exchange of money for the purchase of alcohol is allowed on-site. Unlike many venues, alcohol can be brought in and served by renters or a bartender can be hired. One regular-size refrigerator with a standard freezer space is available at the barn. If alcohol is going to be served at an event hosted on the property, a security officer is contracted by the venue at an additional hourly fee. Couples who plan to host their wedding at The Yellow Barn should keep in mind that the serving of alcohol on-site can be discontinued by the owners at any time throughout the event, so if the guest list is a particularly rowdy crowd, this is something that should be considered.

For events that expect more than 75 guests, a parking attendant is recommended for an addition fee. Rentals begin as early as 10 a.m. and all activities must end by midnight on Fridays and Saturdays or by 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. The venue is not available for rent on major holidays.

A security deposit is required 60 days before the event. If no damage occurs, it is returned to the couple. All setup and cleanup are done by the wedding party.

An event decorator is available through the venue to help the bride and groom customize their centerpieces and decor for the wedding day. During any event, a concierge is on duty for the entirety of the event to greet and coordinate with outside wedding professionals and assist with audio-visual equipment setup.

A rustic venue hidden within Johnson County

The Yellow Barn is an intimate and rustic gathering space located in the heart of Johnson County. Details at the barn are like none other, from our wooden spool tables, to the beautiful outdoor scenery. The Yellow Barn welcomes indoor and outdoor ceremonies and receptions for all kinds of lovers!

Barn, Tented

Rentals + Equipment

11272 S Ridgeview, Olathe, KS (913) 314-0695

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Katie G

I hate to sound like the other reviews & would love to come up with something original but everyone is spot on with what they say about this place. The Tenbrink's are just great people. If you can, I highly recommend using Regina for your decor, bouquets, boutonnières, etc. She... Read More just knows her stuff & it's one last thing to have to worry about. The Yellow Barn is a gem & if you're looking for a smaller venue that's affordable & so accommodating, you can't go wrong here. Ours ended up being an indoor/outdoor reception with a lot of our guests hanging out outside due to the beautiful September day we were so lucky to have. We got so many compliments about the place & it was fun to do something a little different & non traditional. I want to go back & do it all again!!!!

2016-10-27T20:34:26 Response from the vendor

If you feel to need to renew those vows, you know where to find us...and you and your loved ones are always welcome! Regina is a creative master and your flowers were so beautiful! Thank you so much for choosing us for your special day...it... Read Less Read More

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

Our son and his bride held their wedding reception at The Yellow Barn and let me just say it was AMAZING! Everything was perfect from the decor to the service. Jaci was so helpful and accommodating. The yellow barn is beautifully decorated so all we really needed to do was bring... Read More in centerpieces and a few personal touches. She was onsite the entire evening making sure we had everything we needed. The venue was complimented almost as much as the wedding couple. If you are able to schedule your event at the Yellow Barn, know that it will be perfection! Thanks Jaci for a fabulous experience.

2015-09-14T21:17:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We absolutely loved hosting your son and daughter-in-law's reception. They are a stunning couple! We are so happy that you loved the barn as much as my family and I do.

Reviewed on 6/14/2015

We had our wedding reception on May 30, 2015 at The Yellow Barn! The barn itself was gorgeous and I loved the rustic look! It went perfect with our wedding theme! The owners were extremely nice and very flexible! They helped me plan and coordinate my perfect reception weeks... Read More before the actual day and honored many special requests I had asked for! They were great to work with! Also, on location there were many great photo opportunities! Another great perk! I would recommend this venue to everyone I know! It's a great space for anything from a shower to a reception!! Thanks for helping make our day perfect!!!

2015-07-06T18:52:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. We loved having you at the barn! Best wishes to you and yours in the future!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Lorie H

Having our dress rehearsal dinner/party at the barn and Jacinta has been the best to work with. She has responded to our questions very quickly and has been very acoomodating. Doesn't look like we will have to do a whole lot-we will actually get to enjoy ourselves this time!... Read More Jack's mom Gina has given us some great ideas too.

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Dala W

I love the setting and the decor inside is amazing. Staff was so easy to work with. My daughters wedding was beautiful. Thank you Yellow Barn❤️

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Alexis J

This was the perfect venue for our moderately sized wedding. Jaci was really helpful with planning our wedding. She paid attention to every little detail that we wanted for our wedding and made sure that nothing was out of place. I would recommend the Yellow Barn to anyone... Read More looking for place to host their next venue.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Shelly L

The YellowBarn was the perfect venue for hosting our sons 40th birthday. We had a full house and Jaci was a most gracious host. She stayed nearby and assisted with anything we needed. Great family, awesome place!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Michelle H

My husband and I were married in December, 2016 at a courthouse in Colorado; and our original plan was to have a vow renewal ceremony in Colorado around May so that our friends and family could celebrate with us. Then the Army told us we were moving to Georgia. This is when we... Read More decided we would have the ceremony and reception close to our hometown of Kansas City; and that's when we found The Yellow Barn. We fell in love with the pictures on theknot.com; and immediately booked a tour. Our original date had to be cancelled but Jaci went out of her way to make sure another tour date was scheduled. My mom took the first tour and sent us pictures and video. When my husband was passing through the area a few weeks later, Jaci graciously opened the barn for a second time (and on short notice) so that he could walk through and see it himself. Then, about a month later, I was in the area and she opened the barn a third time so that I could walk through and see the place for myself. That's when I fell in love with the venue even more. It is intimate, charming, rustic, gorgeous, and very well decorated. The Tenbrink family has done a marvelous job and they have created a beautiful atmosphere. You can tell that they enjoy helping couples create their perfect day. From the day we set up our first tour through the day of the ceremony, both my husband and I lived out of state so our main line of communication with Jaci was through email. We never had to wait longer than 24 hours for a response to any of our questions. She is such a happy person; and you can tell she really wants to exceed the couples expectations for their day. A couple days before the ceremony, Jaci's dad opened the barn for our final walkthrough so we could see the place one more time before our vow renewal and reception. Then came the big day. Everything was perfect. When we got there, Jaci had the chairs set up in the barn for the ceremony; and even helped my family put out the few decorations we had brought. It seems like every time I turned around Jaci was doing something to help the day run as smoothly as possible; and I am very grateful for that! To put it simply, the venue is gorgeous, the owners are amazing; and I simply cannot recommend The Yellow Barn enough!

2017-04-24T21:08:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. We truly enjoyed having you and your loved ones at our barn. You all were such a joy to work with, and the afternoon went great! We wish you both the best in your journey together. Thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Maria M

The Yellow Barn was the first place we visited when looking for a venue for our wedding. After our visit we decided we didn't need to look at any other places and decided to sign a contract a few days later. Jaci was awesome at communicating with us and made the process of our... Read More contract super easy. The barn is beautiful and perfect for a small wedding. I can't wait for our ceremony and reception there this fall.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Brianna P

I would love to say I had my wedding here, unfortunately that was not the case. I went through a consultant through the knot and scheduled my tour a few weeks in advance. I was very excited and drove the 45 minutes from my home town to tour the barn. The only person in the... Read More building was a photographer (super nice lady-Kelly allen) but no one from the barn ever showed up, or answered any phone calls. So, even though the barn is adorable and fits my theme perfectly, I will not trust them with the biggest day of my life, since they could not be bothered to keep an appointment.

2017-01-03T10:44:23 Response from the vendor

I want to personally apologize for this misunderstanding. Unfortunately, I had some major issues with my email account for the past week and just got them resolved this morning. I was not able to see the tour confirmation until this morning. I would have loved... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Kelsey M

Where do I even start? Words cannot describe how amazing our experience was with the team at The Yellow Barn! First and foremost, they are amazing people and make it all a breeze! Second, the venue is simply stunning (outdoor and indoor) and at a GREAT price! Third, the... Read More florals they do are GORGEOUS! I could go on and on....everything about our experience was PERFECT! Highly recommend! Thanks again Jaci & Regina!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Kelsey M

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Danielle M

Absolutely love The Yellow Barn! We had our wedding ceremony and reception there! Jaci is such a joy to work with! She is extremely helpful and makes sure your Big Day goes smoothly! If we had to do it all over again we would choose The Yellow Barn time and time again! It's like... Read More being in the country yet you are in town! If you need a rustic venue with a helpful staff definitely choose The Yellow Barn! :)

2016-10-27T20:37:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We loved having you and your loved ones at our barn. Johnson County country is our specialty ;)

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Danielle M

2016-10-27T20:35:42 Response from the vendor

Thank so much for the kind words! We strive to make your day as special and stress-free as possible. I truly hope you and your loved ones enjoyed this amazing day!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kylee M

We had our reception at the Yellow Barn & loved it! The barn is decorated super cute & worked perfectly with our rustic theme. Jaci was wonderful to work with & great at communicating with us. We would highly recommend this venue!

2016-10-27T20:31:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much. Your feedback and recommendations are very appreciated. We wish you the very best!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Whitney B

We had our rehearsal dinner here the night before our wedding and it was absolutely perfect! This venue is unique, rustic and gives you a really great ambiance. The venue is so cute and beautiful you don't even need decorations. The staff is incredible to work with! They do not... Read More make you feel like you're just another customer, and are super accommodating. I can't wait to have future events here. Definitely recommend!

2016-10-27T20:30:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you at our barn for future events. You and your loved ones are always welcome!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Brittany M

We had our rehearsal dinner here! It was perfect ❤️ I knew I wanted something private, quiet and intimate for the occasion. We had a large group of family and friends, so I wanted a place were people could easily mingle and not be overwhelmed by a loud restaurant type of... Read More environment. The Yellow Barn was so beautiful and provided the most relaxing rehearsal dinner before a busy wedding day. We catered in Oklahoma joes for dinner, had beer and wine at the bar, and even had a place right outside to set up yard games! Jaci was so awesome with my mother-in-law! She visited the barn a few times to plan out decorations, etc before the event. Jaci was so patient with her and helped her any way she could. I would highly recommend this place to anyone! It is truly perfect for a rehearsal dinner!

2016-10-27T20:28:37 Response from the vendor

I am so glad to hear the evening was relaxing and intimate...that's what we strive for! Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you at our barn for future events!

Reviewed on 7/26/2015

My daughter was married there last evening. This wasa wonderful venue for a small wedding. Jaci, the event coordinator, was wonderful to work with. She was always more than willing to accommodate any of our requests. She was always quick to respond by phone or email to any... Read More questions we came up with. Right before the wedding it just poured down rain and Jaci was figuring alternatives if we couldn't go outside for photos; luckily the weather cleared and we only had to deal with the heat! thank you, Jaci for all you did.

2015-09-14T21:16:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for letting us host such a special life event. We are thrilled that you loved the barn as much as we do!

Reviewed on 5/25/2015

This gem is the perfect venue for a wedding or any type of small gathering! We had to plan a wedding in a short time frame and it was so easy! The owners are wonderful and so accommodating. I plan events for a living and this was honestly, the best experience I have ever had.... Read More The Yellow Barn offers rustic, but updated charm and has so much to offer. The location is close to everything! Thanks for a great day. My daughter's wedding was so charming and memorable. I would rate this 10 stars if I could!

2015-07-06T18:53:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for choosing The Yellow Barn for your daughter's special day! We were honored to help you host their wedding and reception. It turned out lovely! Best wishes to you and your loved ones!