Not just 'Strictly Ballroom'

Make your Wedding Day special with original Wedding First Dance Choreography created just for you by Olivia. Go beyond the Box! This is your moment in time to share forever. Dance from the heart, touch, connect, love for a lifetime. There has never been a song I couldn't create choreography for.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

2609 Gowen St, Orlando, FL (407) 761-9122

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Joey F

Groom here. Wow, this was an incredible experience! Prior to lessons with Olivia, I have never danced in my life, aside from when someone forced me to dance at social events because "you're supposed to dance at [insert event here]." I always hated it when people made me dance. I... Read More felt awkward. I'm an introvert, and I didn't know how to dance. I don't like doing something publicly unless I really know what I'm doing. My (now) wife was the same way. I'll just say that Olivia didn't have much to work with when we walked into the studio for the first time. We came because we had to do a first dance, and if we were going to do it, we were going to do it properly. We both felt more comfortable with the idea of a choreographed dance than "freestyling it", because at least we could be sure we knew the steps. 8 lessons later (and practice at home), our families and friends were in awe - I wish i could post pictures of our dance with the smiles and shocked faces in the background - it was truly incredible. Olivia is a master. She not only taught us a choreographed dance that puts 90% of the YouTube wedding videos to shame, but she taught us how to dance in a way that will serve us for the rest of our lives. Yes, we learned a choreographed dance, but Olivia went beyond that and taught us how to be comfortable with each other on the dance floor to a variety of different types of music. We can now dance comfortably, and even make it look like we really know what we're doing when we want to have a bit more fun - Olivia emphasizes learning how to lead your dance partner, which allows for all sorts of incredible and spontaneous dancing. No, dance lessons are never cheap, but neither is the experience. We'll use the skills we learned for the rest of our lives. Above all, we had fun. We looked forward to lessons every week, and we really miss them now (we're trying to find a way to take more). We laughed so much as we stumbled along the way, and felt so good when we finally nailed another sequence. By the end we were spinning, dipping, grapevining, and doing some other fun things that seemed to be plucked directly from Olivia's imagination. This is quite obviously not a job, but a passion of her's. Beyond all that, we're Facebook friends now. That's how wonderful Olivia was. If you're considering it, do it, or at least go and take one lesson and see if it's for you. For us, it was more than just lessons for our first dance; it was an experience that will allow us to dance together for a lifetime.

2017-06-06T14:02:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much...it truly means a lot to hear your words...I'm looking forward to dancing with you again in the not to distant future to continue making your dance journey together wonderful...O

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Elina P

Olivia was a pleasure to work with. She was able to adjust to both mine and my husbands dancing skills and make it very fun for us. I love to dance but my husband was nervous and worried about how he would do but Olivia was able to make him comfortable and we couldn't believe... Read More how he was able to learn the 3 minute dance with lifts, turns and spins! We both work stressful full time jobs and Olivia was able to fit us in every week at different times of the day. At times we would show up to class tired and cranky and leave happy and more engaged with each other. It felt like couples therapy but way more fun and actually helped us bond! We had the first dance of our dreams and will always remember our classes and hope to have more in the near future!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Krystal G

My husband and I wanted to have a first dance for our wedding that looked polished and elegant. Neither of us had taken ballroom dance classes before, and we wanted to work with someone experienced who understood our goals. After lots of research, we found Olivia and The Zebra... Read More Room. She was open and honest with us from the very start. She crafted a creative, fun, and beautiful dance for our song, and taught us the choreography in digestible chunks for the number of lessons we had purchased. She made sure we were comfortable and happy with everything every step of the way. On the day of the wedding, we felt confident and enjoyed performing our first dance for our guests. We got tons of great reactions from the crowd. For anyone who wants that moment to be eye-catching and polished but stress-free, definitely take your lessons with Olivia. The lessons also gave us a nice reprieve from the stress of wedding planning to connect with each other in a fun and constructive way. Olivia as a person is kind, patient, knowledgeable, and great to be around. It was a joy to work with her and we’d highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Kasey K

I went to Olivia for my father-daughter dance. We explained to her what we wanted and she did an awesome job teaching us to dance and creating choreography that fit with what we were imagining. She helped both my dad and me step out of our comfort zones, and every lesson was... Read More full of laughs. Our guests loved our dance - they said it brought them to tears! We would definitely recommend Olivia.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Donna-Marie W

My husband and I found Olivia by her remarkable reviews on the Knot. My husband and I really wanted to give our guests a special surprise at our 14 years wedding renewal & vows. We did 6 lessons just two weeks before wedding day. As a dance novice, my husband was quite... Read More intimidated by the thought of performing a first dance at our wedding reception . Our first dance "For You" by kenny Lattimore was MAGICAL!!! ROMANTIC !!! GRACEFUL!!!. . On the big day, our first dance, was WOWED!!! WOO HOOO!!! and had guest TEARFUL!!! CHEERES !!!!! OH MY GOSH !!!! ... then nailed the dip at the end - with a KISS!!!........ We had also invited Olivia to our special day. She had a major and positive impact on our wedding. Jermaine and I dance gracefully, comfortably, across the room with confidence. Also proud and BLESSED!!! to have our choreographer watching us attentively; at what she passionately does, ( her job) adores and love. And I must say after watching the video... We were pretty darn good!! . It"s been 4 months we are still speechless and rather GRATEFULL!!! to Olivia for choreographing our first dance with specular memories for our life time. Olivia was extremely professional elegant and kind. She was a delight to work with, and was very flexible in arranging and rearranging lesson times when necessary. All our guests loved it, no one could stop talking about it at the wedding! and still do today. I would Definitely hire Olivia again. We highly recommend ZEBRA ROOM to anyone looking to have a blast at their wedding.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Diana L

The big day is 55 days away and we have just had our last dance lesson. Dancing with Gail has been a phenomenal experience. First, she spent a good 30 minutes with me on the phone just explaining the process and helping us decide the number of sessions. A package deal is the... Read More most recommended. We have chosen a unique song by a local Orlando Band Jonnie Morgan and Gail shared her enthusiasm early on about the song. She's has left us with some fantastic moves to practice and we just can't wait for our big day! She's great at teaching both the bride and groom their roles, makes it super fun, and you are left with some great skills that will last a life time. Even my fiancé, that had to be convinced to go to dance class, has really enjoyed himself and the sessions. If you are willing to put the hard work and step out of your comfort zone we highly recommend Gail. Even if you are just a beginner or have never danced before she will help you find your groove at any level :)

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Holly S

I found Olivia on this website, the Knot, and we are glad that we did! We wanted a customized dance for our wedding reception that was both romantic and fun all in one! We decided to take 2 songs, one slow and one fast and make a mix song. Olivia was able to choreograph a "mix"... Read More dance that started slow and romantic and then went into our fun disco routine! It turned out great and our family and friends absolutely loved it! So glad we were able to have this kind of entertainment at our wedding. We highly recommend Olivia, she really knows her stuff!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Kathryn W

Working with Olivia was an absolutely wonderful experience right from the beginning. She instantly saw what we had envisioned and was able to create the perfect fun, playful first dance for us. Most importantly, she made the entire process comfortable and truly made us feel at... Read More ease. By the time our big day came, we were excited and ready to show off our new moves to our friends and family!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Merritt H

Olivia was our dance instructor. She was so good at putting together the perfect dance for our big day. She knows so much about every kind of dance, that she incorporated some fun moves into our routine. She was great at teaching us the basics - as we were both new to dancing.... Read More She is very passionate about what she does - she made it so much fun to go to our lessons. We also had private lessons which was great for us newbies! My dad and I also took lessons with her for our father-daughter dance. My dad said he had taken many dance lessons in the past, but had never been taught the basics so well. He now wants to go to Olivia for lessons with my mom just for fun.

2017-06-06T14:00:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much...You are such a wonderful, beautiful family...it was such a pleasure to have the opportunity to dance with you all... O

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Lauren M

My fiancé and I contacted Olivia on January 5 and our wedding was about a month later....Which didn't give us much time but Olivia was able to squeeze in 4 lessons before the week of the wedding. She was flexible with appointment times and was always on time and prepared. Her... Read More teaching style was wonderful and she made sure you understood the steps before moving forward which was great for the overall dance. I wouldn't change anything about our experience and I would definitely recommend her to everyone .

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Christine M

I highly recommend Olivia Gale at the Zebra Room for dance lessons. She came recommended from a close friend of ours and we were so glad they did! My now husband is a bit of a character and very outgoing when it comes to dancing or putting on a show--me, I have 2 left feet!... Read More Olivia was able to work with both of us and get us big day ready! You give her your first dance song and she is able to choreograph the whole thing! We enjoyed her classes and our guests enjoyed our performance. Watch our first dance here: https://vimeo.com/186483353

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Kathleen M

We asked Olivia to help us with our first dance and she went above and beyond!! She's a true pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her to anyone wanting a little extra something for their first dance as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jillian T

After seeing all of the amazing reviews on here, we decided to take lessons with Olivia even though my wife and I had absolutely no previous dance experience. It was incredible what we learned after just our first lesson! Olivia listened to a song my wife and I picked and she... Read More created a personal and unique choreographed dance for us and after just 6 sessions, we felt completely prepared to perform the dance on our wedding night. Everyone was completely amazing by it, we even had some guests admit they cried! Olivia is an amazing instructor and it is easy to see how passionate she is about dancing and teaching others to dance.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Craig C

What a task at hand. We were debating back and forth for the longest if we were going to perform a choreographed dance or not for our first dance. Last minute we decided we were going to try to make it happen. Bless Olivia heart, we came to her a month out from our wedding day... Read More requesting dance lessons for our first dance. She was true blessing in disguise. From the moment we told her our song choice, in which she had never heard, she said “I will make sure they will ooo & aaa.” In turn, our first dance was a highlight of the evening and our guest were amazed with our moves and dance skills. Olivia is a fierce, passionate, caring, and adaptable individual. She was very accommodating with our busy scheduling and timeframe of only 4 weeks. She is up for the task to make your dance one you and your guest will not forget! Thank you Olivia for your enthusiasm and dedication to choreographing our first dance! Stay Classic :)

Reviewed on 9/18/2016

I cannot say enough about Olivia and The Zebra Room. I'm the mother of the groom and time seemed to slip away. Before we knew it, we had one week before the wedding for the bride an groom to learn to dance and for my husband and I to learn to dance. I knew Olivia was going to... Read More have her work cut out for her and I expected a stern task master. Nope, that is not what she is. She is patient, professional, kind, knowledgeable, visionary, and everything good. Honestly, we went to her studio feeling a bit hopeless and we left feeling confident and looking forward to the big day just a mere 7 days away. I don't recommend anyone waiting so close to the big day, for she choreographed a dance for my son and his bride-to-be and they are going to have to work hard in the next week. But she gave us the basics and the vision and the confidence to make it happen. I just loved the time we spent with her. She could be on "Dancing With the Stars" and is even a better dancer than the professionals on that show. She never made us feel like we were klutzy or awkward. She is a positive influence and I am so grateful to have met her.

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Brianna C

Olivia at the Zebra Room was absolutely fantastic. After reading reviews on the knot, I gave her a call on an early Sunday morning. I expected to catch a voicemail and was surprised when she answered the phone. We opted for the 10 lesson package and were about 2 months out from... Read More our wedding. We live over an hour away from the studio, but it was absolutely worth the drive. We made it like a date night and had so much fun. She choreographed a dance for us to our song as we were learning how to dance. At first I was a bit nervous on learning pieces and being able to put it all together, but we did! We now know how to dance and I was so surprised my husband was on board and did so well. The wedding couldn't have gone better and we had so much fun. We got a bit nervous in the beginning of our song, but no one could tell and the last half definitely rocked it. We couldn't be happier with our lessons and completed dance. It was unique, and just ours. Not something we had to pick from a book. We would recommend Olivia 100 times over, and plan on doing more lessons in the future for fun!

2016-09-12T16:32:39 Response from the vendor

You both were so much fun and fantastic...what a pleasure and I so appreciate your review...You guys ROCK! :)

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Beth H

Nick and I took the plunged with both left feet, to try something out of the box for our first dance. After reading all of the reviews about The Zebra Room, we thought maybe these are professional dancers and there would be no way we could get something spectacular together in 6... Read More weeks. Well I was wrong… leave it all up to Ms. Olivia to not only whip you and your future hubby into shape but, create the most magical thing at your wedding. She took two people who thought they had done everything together and taught us a new skill to enjoy each other with. The dance lesson each week was time for us to focus on each other during all the stress of planning a wedding. We practiced at home in our living room each week, with our dog as the audience! We kept this a surprise from our family and let me tell you it was worth it. I will never forget hearing our Aunt Jeanie shout “actually dance” right before we began and Nick saying to me… OOO just wait, we got this! And the look on my mother’s face when we got through the first turn and she had figured out this wasn’t just the normal 8th grade shuffle. Nick and I not only fell in love all over again but, were so happy we were able to make Ms. O proud. It gave us something to talk about with all of our wedding guests and a memory for everyone to share together. We are so grateful to have found Ms. O and be blessed with her talents. Trust us in saying, this can’t be something you miss out on doing!! Thank you Ms. O for creating the most beautiful dance for us! We will always hold you in our hearts as the one who blessed us with loving each other through dance. All our love, Nick and Beth Hatfield The Luxmore Grande Estate July 15, 2016 Here is our video!! https://vimeo.com/180211533 https://vimeo.com/177701305

2016-09-12T16:36:58 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure dancing with you two and when I got your video made may heart so happy...Thanks so much for the wonderful review you wrote me and shared in multiple places... My wedding couples are simply fabulous :)

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Irene J

Olivia was amazing to work with! My husband and I consider ourselves so lucky to have been referred to her by our wedding planner. She made our first dance personal to us, and it made the entire experience fun and a memorable process, not just the final result. All of our... Read More wedding guests were astonished by the way we were able to whip out a routine when they didn’t even think we could dance to begin with. Olivia also choreographed a routine for my father and I in just a short period of time. The routine with my father made our guest feel the emotion between us on my wedding night. If you’re looking for someone who is a 10 out of 10 I would recommend Olivia! You cannot go wrong with her! I absolutely love her and you will too! Thank you, Olivia!! Love, Irene and David

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Kim R

We came to Olivia through this website. We didn't have alot of time to prepare as I had knee problems and was afraid we wouldn't make our deadline. Olivia was professional, knowledgeable and very patient. We learned our dance in record time thanks to her experience. She made us... Read More feel like Fred Astaire and Ginger! Every aspect of a wedding is important, but don't skimp when it comes to dance lessons from Olivia. All of our friends were impressed but most of all she helped us create a lasting memory and we are still using the basic steps. Thank you Olivia for giving us such grace and so much fun on our day. Keep sharing your talents... Many thanks!!! Kim and Kevin

2016-09-12T16:38:18 Response from the vendor

This meant so much to me...It's been so hectic but wanted you to know what a pleasure it was dancing with you...Thanks so much and never stop dancing :)

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Dara C

Olivia clearly has a passion for dance that spills from her pores. She was creative and flexible with our ideas we brought...and helped us to incorporate our silly quirks and personality into our beautiful first wedding dance, which is not an easy task for most. She's eclectic,... Read More flexible, and creative...and not afraid to challenge you outside of your comfort zone. We were thankful for her dedication to make our first dance feel comfortable for us both!!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Leah B

We took four lessons from Olivia before our wedding... and neither of us had any dance training! She was an amazing teacher and very patient! Olivia took the time to listen to what my husband and I wanted and she made it happen! Thank you so much Olivia!! We would absolutely... Read More recommend Olivia's services!! - Leah & Jordan

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Tracy C

I wanted my wedding day to be amazing, and so we went all out with it since it was my one day to be a princess and because I am only doing it once. I saw a lot of wedding videos (since I have never been to a wedding) where the couple just sways there for their first dance and I... Read More knew I wanted something special. We have had our song- Tangled Up in You by Staind since we started dating back in 2009. We knew this would be our first dance song. I found the Zebra Room on theknot.com and so I requested some information and in February we had our first dance lesson with Olivia. When she asked how many lessons we wanted she told us that she recommends 8, but it can be done in 6 and 4 is pushing it, and because we both wanted it perfect we went with 8 lessons. We really enjoyed learning how to dance as it was like nothing we have ever done before. It was difficult for me to follow sometimes but Olivia worked that into me :p. We were so happy we made the decision to get lessons for our song and we even ended up getting a videographer so that we could have that professionally filmed. We surprised everyone with our first dance and we both loved it. She choreographed our song and it fit with the lyrics, she didn't just have us do random things in random places, she listened and felt the song to determine what would work best where and thinking about it gives me goosebumps. Another nice thing is that there are a few other places that do the dancing, but charge you an arm and a leg and this was way more budget friendly and we met a truly nice person. Thank you again Olivia. Tracy & Zach

2016-06-08T14:56:04 Response from the vendor

I can't say enough about how your words make me feel...you are an amazing couple...I'm so happy that I had the opportunity to know and share my love of dance with you to make your wedding day so special.

Reviewed on 3/17/2016 Janelle P

Kudos to Olivia!!! Olivia made me and my husband look like we were on dancing with the stars. Everyone at our wedding was so impressed with our First Dance--especially the lift we did. Olivia's choreography was amazing. I still can believe how much progress we made after 10... Read More weeks. She was very patient with us and took the time to make sure that we learned proper technique. I would highly recommend the Zebra Room to anyone looking to make their first dance memorable!!!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Analise V

We worked with Olivia at the Zebra Room who choreographed the perfect first dance for us as husband and wife! She made it easy and fun and definitely met us at our level. We are so glad we found her because we couldn't have imagined a better way to start off our married life... Read More than with that first dance. Thank you Olivia!!

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Christine H

My groom and I remembered about dance lessons two weeks before the wedding! I asked my friends for recommendations and all said Olivia at the Zebra Room. I called and she was very easy to talk to and quickly got us an appointment. Although our dancing skills lack, she made us... Read More feel very comfortable and we had a blast! After only 3 dance lessons, it was the big day. We felt confident and our guests loved the dance. We couldn't have done it without Olivia! We had so much fun that my husband wants to continue taking lessons. We even brought our family for a group lesson. Thank you, Olivia!

Meet The Manager

Olivia Gale

Olivia Gale has been teaching dance for over 30 years. She is a dancer, teacher, choreographer, actor & writer with a degree in Theater and Dance from FSU. Her background includes Jazz, Tap & Ballet as well as Ballroom, Latin & Swing. Her experience definitely gives her the ability to think "outside the box". She gives her couples a solid foundation in lead and follow so they will be able to handle whatever happens on the dance floor. Her goal is to give her couples the techniques that will make them look good & WOW their guests. "I show them that they can do far more than they ever imagined."