theWit Hotel Chicago

Chicago, IL

Book Your Wedding with theWit Hotel Chicago

A BALLROOM IN CHICAGO, IL

Those who decide to use the Wit Hotel in Chicago, Illinois as their wedding venue will get a truly unique experience. This modern hotel offers a contemporary glass wall design that opens up to stunning views of downtown Chicago. Containing both indoor and outdoor event spaces, this venue will provide everything you need for a memorable ceremony and reception.

State and Lake Chicago Tavern. Ideal for your rehearsal dinner or an intimate wedding reception, the State and Lake Chicago Tavern exudes a comfortable atmosphere that is warm and low-lit, with a menu of modern Midwestern food as well as liquor, wine and craft beer.

Screen. Really break up expectations by having your small event at Screen, a private theater that offers seating for up to 45 people. You can have a gourmet meal while you’re watching a movie or use it to show your own personal video of the story of your relationship to your guests. There is also capability for having your distant relatives Skype into this spot.

Private Dining. For those who want exclusive use of a space, consider utilizing one of its private dining rooms. These areas can hold up to 40 people are an ideal location for couples preferring a more intimate affair.

Roof. With both outdoor and indoor spaces, the Roof is a flexible area that is ideal for your wedding ceremony, reception or cocktail hour. This area has a glass enclosure that is retractable, as well as an overhanging platform that reaches over the edge of the building. Your wedding guests will surely not forget an event hosted here.

Churchill and Wilde Ballroom. These ballrooms located at the Wit are grand contemporary spaces that are flexible enough to accommodate any layout you could have in mind. You can seat from 20 to 220 people in these rooms and they are ideal for small ceremonies or receptions.

Cibo Matto. If you really want to wow your guests, consider using the Cibo Matto. This space offers floor-to-ceiling windows that give you impressive views of downtown Chicago, plus a large fresco art piece that you have to see to believe, as well as a wine cellar of over 1,500 bottles.

When you host your wedding event at the Wit Hotel Chicago, you have access to world-class catering. For your cocktail hour, enjoy selections of hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, including green pea hummus, crab salad macaron, duck bacon taco, steak tartare, vegetable spring roll, black bean empanada, chicken en croute and harissa lamb chop. Also available are meat and cheese displays as well as a sushi station and oyster bar.

For a plated dinner, you will have the choice of salad or soup, including a kale Caesar salad, wedge salad, butternut squash soup and Indiana corn-lobster bisque. The entrees include options of pan seared Scottish salmon, herbed beef striploin, seared diver scallops and fennel grilled tofu steak. Appetizers and intermezzo selections are also available.

Included in your wedding package when renting the Wit Hotel Chicago as your event space are:

• Ivory floor-length linens
  • Votive candles
  • Private menu tasting
  • Personalized menu cards
  • Complimentary bridal suite
  • Suite upgrade for parents
  • Special room rate for guests
  • Special valet parking rate
  • Modern chairs
  • Coat check
  • Rehearsal space

All-New, All-Chic Chicago Wedding Location

Your wedding should be nothing less than spectacular. Choose theWit, located in the heart of downtown Chicago. We offer a striking design, unparalleled comfort, and remarkable services. Whether you want your affair to be luxurious, simplistic or totally unique, we can make your wedding dream come tr

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant, Rooftop

201 N. State Street, Chicago, IL (312) 239-9517
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Lindsey N

Our wedding was on May 7 at theWit and we honestly could not have asked for a more perfect day. The staff at theWit exceeded our expectations and made everything flow seamlessly from start to finish. Brittney Epstein was absolutely AMAZING! She went above and beyond to make sure... Read More everything was perfect. We still receive compliments (almost 5 months later) on how beautiful our wedding was. Thank you to theWit for making our dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Sarah B

ABOVE & BEYOND what we dreamed about!!! The Wit and its staff made our special evening on 6-11-16 something that our guests will be talking about for years to come. The food was knock your socks off (hats off to their amazing chef and her creations), the service was incredible... Read More from the moment you arrive at the front door to the second you leave. There are a few very special people that I would like to highlight for exceptional service. Brittney Epstein Senior Social Catering Manager is a pleasure to work with she really listened to what we wanted and what our vision was. She helped make it come to life and was there making sure every detail fit into place the night of the event. Her attention to detail and coordination between staff with the help of Paul the day/night of our wedding and the multiple locations Wit Rooftop (cocktail hour) the Ballroom (reception) and all our outside vendors allowed us to enjoy or big day and relax knowing that they would make sure it was all perfect and it truly was. We are so grateful for everything they did and have memories that will last a lifetime thanks to The Wit and the staff.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Kelsey G

If you're looking for a wedding location in downtown Chicago, look no further!!! My wedding truly surpassed any and every expectation I ever had for my wedding day! I have never felt like more of a princess / super star than at theWit! My wedding coordinator, Brittney Epstein,... Read More was truly INCREDIBLE!!! We ended up choosing theWit above a few other locations because of Brittney, and she certainly did not disappoint! Everything from the cake, the drinks, the FOOD, the lights, the linens, EVERYTHING was perfect and even more beautiful and delicious than I could have ever imagined!! Everyone that helped that day made everything run so flawlessly, I am still in awe and still receiving compliments 3 weeks later. I can't stop saying good things about this venue and its people. Truly the most spectacular wedding experience ever!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Graham G

TheWit rules! We were married there in May and had the most wonderful experience. The staff was more than accommodating, from planning stages to offering an important guest milk with her free cookie. Brittney helped us make decisions that made our day complete. She provided... Read More honest feedback when we were over analyzing. Guests couldn't get over how delicious the food was, friend and helpful staff was, and how beautiful the venue was. We literally took over the place: ceremony/ reception in the Wilde ballroom, cocktails in Cibo, and brunch on the ROOF. Can't say enough good stuff!!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017

We celebrated our 25th Anniversary with a party for friends and family in the Cibo Matto room. A small group of 50 can be easily overlooked, not at theWit. From our first conversation with Brittney Epstein to the moment we checked out, we felt that we were her priority. Our... Read More guests came from 6 states in addition to locals and everyone commented on the quality of everything from the rooms, to the staff, to the amazing food, thank you Chef Leah!! Have cocktails on the roof and do a Sunday morning brunch, well worth it. Look no further, TheWit has it all including location!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Michelle H

5 STARS!!! Brittney E. is a pro! Her and the entire staff at the hotel were complete professionals, they knew exactly what to do without hesitation about any situation. I am so thankful I got to meet Brittney in the process and I am so glad I picked this posh hotel for my... Read More reception. Perfection from the location to the look and style of The Wit. This place is EVERYTHING!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Lauren F

My wedding day could not have been more perfect. The staff at the Wit were beyond helpful and Brittney E. was a pleasure to work with. The staff was always willing to answer questions throughout the process and work with me to make the day perfect. The food was amazing and as... Read More Brittney will say it is not your typical wedding food. I could not have been happier on my wedding day and the Wit was the perfect city setting!

Gave me the wedding of my dreams plus more!

Reviewed on 1/05/2013 Nina G

I'm extremely picky, but theWit surpassed all of my expectations! My wedding coordinator, Scott Stroope, was the best! He was detail-oriented, responsive, patient, creative, and went above and beyond what he was required to do to make our wedding beyond perfect! He even brought... Read More me 2 entrees because he remembered I loved the vegetarian dish! He went to the cellar to bring me my favorite wine, but because he knew it would take him a while to get it, he gave me a glass of Veuve Clicquot Rose in the meantime. He waived all parking costs for my vendors, and was so amazing to work with! The entire staff at theWit catered not only to my husband and I, but also to our parents, making them feel like royalty. We are returning for our anniversary, and if we ever have another event, we will be sure to have it at theWit! If I could give it 10 stars, I would! Thank you theWit staff for an absolutely flawless wedding! :)

My Wedding @ theWit

Reviewed on 1/22/2012 Ursula G

My wedding was amazing- the day off staff was phenomenal and our guests had a lovely time. One comment- this may be a fluke but I was married that week in July when Chicago had record breaking heat. All of the hotels were dealing with it the best they could, but due to the... Read More weather my guests and my husband were very warm and slightly uncomfortable. The food and day of coordination was great. The guests loved the accomodations and proximity to great things to do downtown.