Thistle Springs Ranch

Cleburne, TX

Thistle Springs Ranch

Welcome to Thistle Springs Ranch, a vintage, provincial barn constructed of reclaimed barnwood, antiqued tin, and classic elements that will create the perfect ambiance for you and your guests. The open floor plan, garden areas, and stunning vistas allow it to transform into your perfect venue. Call schedule a tour today!

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Loft, Park

Service Staff

13974 Fm 1434, Cleburne, TX (817) 851-9317

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Macy F

Thistle Springs Ranch (TSR) - OMG where do I start?? There are just no words powerful enough to describe my wedding at TSR. Everything at this venue was to perfection!! We had our wedding outside under the arch and it was beautiful! Ann did our flowers. So if you get to be... Read More honored to have her she will not disappoint. The time and love she puts into ordering exactly what we wanted was amazing. The inside was stunning! The entire staff was so pleasing and all acted like it was a family member of theirs getting married. We have now made some life longs friends with Ann, Tom, Cason & Diana! We were afraid we would be crowded with our 250 guests, but they arranged the tables with plenty of room even for a large dance floor. Venue: Everything extremely clean, organized & property was beautifully manicured. Highly, highly recommend this venue - you will not be sorry.

Reviewed on 4/13/2016

TSR is the most beautiful place to have a Wedding in our Region in North-Central Texas. The Owners are more than kind and accommodate your every need. Ann, the Co-Owner does The Flowers for Your Big Dayand they are EXTRAORDINARY TO SAY THE LEAST! The entire DAY was Magical,... Read More Inviting, Joyful and So Much FUN!!! You never want to leave ☺️ Thank you Wright Family for giving Our Daughter Her Dream Wedding Over and Beyond Her Wildest Imagination .. With Greatful Hearts.. Tom & Sheri Eudaly❤️

2016-04-19T12:38:26 Response from the vendor

So much appreciation to you Tom and Sheri! Your family and friends and precious daughter and Bronson were just delightful to serve! Blessings!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Allison C

Everything about Thistle Springs Ranch was perfect. Cason, his wife, our day of coordinator and the wranglers were so loving and calm. Their joy radiated to everyone around them and kept me calm throughout the entire day. They were always available and easy to contact when my... Read More husband and I had questions. The venue is clean, beautiful and tucked away from the busyness of the DFW metroplex. From the moment we went to tour the venue, we were sold. They gave us tips and advice but were open to any ideas we had. Everything is handled so well and it truly made it the greatest day of our lives. Our guests still talk about how perfect the venue was.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Rachel H

I cannot even put into words how incredible Thistle Springs Ranch was on our wedding day. They catered to everything we wanted, needed and so much more. When we first arrived at the venue, God's presence was all over the property with such a sweet assurance that this is where we... Read More were meant to get married! Leading up to the wedding and the day of, the entire staffs willingness to make our day perfect was amazing. I HIGHLY recommend getting married at Thistle Springs Ranch. I could not have imagined any venue in Texas being better than this.

2017-08-07T16:31:00 Response from the vendor

We are thrilled and privileged that we could be a part of your amazing wedding! It was a beautiful day for such a precious couple!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lea M

A lot of the reviews offer high praise on the execution of the wedding but getting to that point was short lived for my fiance and I on our venue hunt. My family is from Hawaii and his is from Texas so we are having to pick a state before we can pick a date and schedule. It... Read More seemed like the person on the phone was not interested in helping us in this search because she would not schedule a venue tour with us. My fiance mentioned we were finishing college before and she insisted we look at the pricing before booking (all of which we had already gathered). So I don't know exactly why we were not taken seriously, if it was an age or a financial guess, but it was extremely dissapointing to have one of our top venue picks be so rude when we tried to reach out. If you are considering thistle springs, I hope you don't have the same experience I did, but it sure does make our location choice easier!

2017-08-14T11:09:34 Response from the vendor

I am so sorry to hear that this was your experience with Thistle Springs Ranch. We certainly strive for excellence and hate to hear that was not what you received. We have since hired a new general manager for TSR who has been doing a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Caroline G

Everything about TSR made our big day the best day! From the exceptionally attentive staff, to the peaceful feeling when you walk on the property, to the beautiful barn and pond... I prayed for a stress-free wedding where my guests would feel welcome and loved and TSR provided... Read More that and so much more.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Ellie N

Thistle Springs was the absolute best place to get married. I have so many good things to say about them. First of all the venue is gorgeous. It is so secluded and quiet out there. My pictures turned out so well, because there isn't an area that isn't stunning. It was a little... Read More drive, but so worth it. The distance didn't stop any of my guests from coming. Secondly, the staff is incredible. One of the staff members helped me down the stairs, puffed out my dress and put my veil on for me. They were always there to help and had everything set up perfectly. By the time my husband and I got to our seats at the reception, one of the staff members had already brought our dinner to the table. They were unbelievably wonderful!! Lastly, Lagniappe Desings was outstanding. I was speachless at the beautiful wedding Ann and her team created. I told her I wanted white and greenery and the results were incredible. She is truly gifted and a blessing to work. She is so worth working with! The flowers were the most beautiful I have ever seen and all of my guests are still talking about them. I even have people who weren't at my wedding contacting me about having Ann do their flowers. Overall if you're considering Thistle Springs -- do it!! My wedding day was perfect and I wouldn't do a thing differently!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Amanda W

Thistle Springs Ranch was absolutely beautiful! We were able to have both the ceremony and reception at TSR. A gentleman by the name of Chris helped us on the day of the wedding and helped make everything run smoothly. I loved every minute of our special day!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Kelsey W

Thistle Springs Ranch was the perfect venue for my husband and I! Not only because the location itself is beautiful, but also because the owners of the venue were a joy to work with. They provide you with a list of suggested vendors which really helped with the planning process... Read More and the bride and groom suites that are a part of the venue are the perfect size for large wedding parties to get ready in! We couldn't have asked for more servant hearted people to be a part of our day and they truly made our vision a reality. We left our wedding wanting to repeat it a hundred times over. I couldn't have asked for a better team of people to work with! I will be recommending this venue to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Chassie H

I cannot say enough amazing things about Thistle Springs Ranch. For starters it is STUNNING if you are looking for a rustic chic wedding . Its a barn but its more like a Ralph Lauren barn. The staff was so helpful during our process of finding all the vendors we needed since you... Read More bring in everything except the tables and chairs. The day of our wedding it was glumly and cloudy so we had our ceremony inside the barn. The decorator, Ann Wright, made the barn look AMAZING we didn't even miss having the ceremony outside. The site has so much natural beautiful all of our photographs turned out amazing. The staff during our ceremony was extremely helpful and always made sure my husband and I had anything we needed. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a rustic wedding away from the city.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Shelby M

Very wishy washy about what they say and then back track on their word. Rude and rushed my whole family and the people taking down my decorations out even though we had the venue until midnight. Very disappointed in them.

2017-01-01T17:20:36 Response from the vendor

We at Thistle Springs Ranch are so sorry this is your impression of our venue,,, it is certainly not our hearts nor our mission as we strive to fulfill our contract with the couple to the fullest extent. As so evident with the MANY many... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Karen -

Have you ever had a day when you think ... that must be what Heaven will be like!? Well this is what I thought of Meredith's wedding day. It was heavenly. It was joyful. It brought glory to God. It was a celebration of Meredith and Josh surrounded by a cloud of witnesses that... Read More know them and love them. It was comfort and joy. What a gift all have given. I will cry for the beauty of the day and the happiness of my daughter. We cannot thank you and John enough for this place that felt like home. I did not want to leave when it was over. I wanted to linger and help with putting up the chairs and lanterns for the next bride. For the beauty of the earth and the glory of the skies I give thanks. I thank you all from the bottom of my Mother's heart. Thank you for the glorious flowers that you lovingly crafted for the arch, bouquets, and tables.They were so so beautiful and the smell! Ahhh the smell!!! Beautiful!!! My parents worked on the Rose Parade floats when they were at UCLA. They said Oh The Roses!!! So full!!! So beautiful!!! It was a day we will never forget. Our cup overflows. We are truly and forever grateful for you all and Thistle Springs Ranch. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Love from Karen.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 McKenzie R

I just had my wedding here on October 11th and it was a fairytale. Everything was perfect! The venue is gorgeous! Very secluded and intimate! TSR was the only venue I went and looked at because it had everything I wanted on my special day! You will not be disappointed with this... Read More venue, it's perfect in every way!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nicole G

We fell in love with Thistle Springs Ranch from the moment we visited. The barn is absolutely gorgeous and was THE perfect place to have our wedding. The staff was amazing to work with and they went above and beyond to make our day special. Special thank you to Lagniappe for... Read More the floral arrangements. Ann Wright is such a pleasure to work with and is one of the kindest people I have ever met. She knocked it out of the park with her creations and truly exceeded any vision I had. We still have guests commenting on how beautiful the flowers were. Thank you TSR for making this our best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 marissa l

TSR was the perfect venue for our big day! Everyone we interacted with was so polite and helpful which made for smooth planning process. We can not thank diana and the TSR staff enough for providing quality service and the most breath taking back drop for our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Hannah M

WOW! TSR blew us away with their generosity, helpfulness, and hospitality on our July 4th wedding. Broken bones and flaky caterers could not ruin our day, not with the TSR staff on duty! Ann is the sweetest, most genuine woman. The barn itself is beyond beautiful, and very... Read More economically priced in comparison with the competitors. Thanks TSR for making us feel right at home! -Hannah and Mitchell

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Cheryl F

Spectacular!! I have received about 20 calls to say my daughters wedding was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to!!! The owners went completely beyond words of how they worked so hard to put this wedding together!!! Flowers by Ann were spectacular !!! Beyond... Read More words!!! The day was not stressful at all!! We had so much fun!! At the venue everything went perfect!!! We've made lifelong friends with the entire staff at Thistle Springs Ranch!!! If You need a referral or have any concerns please email me!! [email protected] My daughters wedding was 10/8/16. The magical Fitzgerald wedding was a day we will remember forever! Thank you Thistle Springs from the bottom of my heart!!!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Hannah M

I looked at this venue for a solid year before I got engaged. I knew this was the place I wanted to get married, and I was just waiting for my man to propose. When I started contacting the venue for prices, I was pleasantly surprised to see that this venue that far surpassed... Read More competitors in beauty was equivalent in price. I was so excited to work with the TSR staff! Ann and Diana were wonderful to work with, especially when my husband-to-be broke his leg just five days before. The staff really worked hard to make sure that the day was beautiful for us! After the wedding, they were so kind and helpful to my family during clean up. My number one piece of advice to all of my engaged friends is to check out Thistle Springs Ranch because working with this family truly means working with a FAMILY. I would absolutely change nothing about my day with TSR!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Cary S

We held our daughters wedding and reception at Thistle Springs Ranch on 7/9/2106 and let me just say it was beyond our expectations. The venue is a gorgeous, private, elegant ranch style location and their coordinator Diana Martinez was beyond amazing. She was knowledgable and... Read More always available to answer our questions. It was so private and quiet during the ceremony at the arbor on the lawn overlooking the pond and our day was overcast and breezy, a beautiful July day. The inside of the venue was perfect for our 150 guests including our band setup! We were very pleased with our choice of venue. It is truly a one of a kind venue for a once in a lifetime event!

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 morgan w

Two of my daughters have been married at Thistle Springs Ranch in the last two years. It is definitely a place near and dear to our hearts. When my family visited TSR a few years ago with our first little bride, we knew we had found exactly what we had been looking for: an... Read More intimate, peaceful, beautifully landscaped ceremony site, and a sophisticated, upscale barn perfect for our reception. We fell in love with the Wright family as well. They are so kind and caring and are determined to give each bride and groom a perfect day. We used Lagniappe for our decor and florals at both weddings. Ann Wright, the owner and designer of Lagniappe, has impeccable taste and talent. She manages to capture the exact vibe, look, and feel a bride is wanting for her wedding. Our oldest daughter's wedding had a vintage Texas charm feel, and more recently, this wedding had an organic, boho vibe with more natural elements. Ann used moss, succulents, and antlers to give us the organic feel we sought. She puts her heart and soul into her work, and we've been profoundly touched at each wedding to see how much effort she puts into making our special day stunningly beautiful. Two perfect weddings at Thistle Springs Ranch, and each of my daughters have described their Thistle Springs Ranch wedding as the best day of their life.

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Tyler H

If you're looking for the perfect rustic venue for your wedding, your search is done. The owners of Thistle have done an amazing job. Everything on the property is extremely well kept and maintained. When inside the venue, it speaks for itself. We went with minimal decorations... Read More because we wanted all of the dark wood to truly stand out on its own. With bridal and groom suites on site, this venue is a perfect place to make your wedding an experience to remember. The staff is very quick to respond to questions and make suggestions. Our day of coordinator from the venue, Diana, was extremely helpful in making sure our ceremony and reception were well coordinated and taken care of. We did both our ceremony and reception inside the building, and the staff was able to flip the entire venue in about fifteen minutes. If you’re searching for that perfect rustic venue for your wedding, make sure to check out Thistle Springs Ranch.

2016-04-19T12:37:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tyler! It was a true pleasure to host your beautiful and fun fun wedding and reception! Blessings!

Beautiful Venue-Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Leah W

From day one I loved this venue. Cason, one of their owners, was always extremely helpful. The venue is beautiful, the bride and groom suites are perfect (except a little warm for the guys). Makes for a gorgeous outdoor ceremony and elegant yet warm and friendly reception.... Read More My only warning would be to hire your own day of coordinator and don't rely on the one they provide. It could have been an off day for her but she disappeared often and didn't know the timeline. She was also a little rude to our DJ who happened to be a family friend so that wasn't a great move on her part. Regardless the wedding went off without any issues and I would highly recommend Thistle Springs Ranch!

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Paige M

I cannot express how happy I am with this venue. Cason and Cathleen are a delight! They are so gracious. They helped make my wedding day better than I could ever imagine! I would highly recommend this venue to my bride friends.

We love Thistle Springs Ranch!

Reviewed on 5/08/2015 Kayla S

My husband and I were looking for an outside venue with a country chic barn for the reception. When I found Thistle Springs Ranch, I knew it was a venue we had to go see. Sure enough, as soon as we went to go visit, we knew that was the place we were going to get married. We got... Read More married a month ago and absolutely loved everything about our wedding!! I can not say enough good things about Cason, Kathleen, and the rest of the staff at TSR! They really helped everything go so smoothly. They made sure that I did not have to worry about a thing. There were so many things going on behind the scenes that I didn't have to worry about because I knew they were taking care of everything. We would definitely recommend this GORGEOUS venue to anyone!!

Forever grateful

Reviewed on 3/19/2015 Jennifer Y

Thistle Springs and their staff are beyond amazing! Words cannot express how grateful we are for everything they did to make our day so special. From beginning to end, the entire TSR team far exceeded any and all expectations. Throughout the planning process, they were... Read More always quick in responsiveness and super organized! Danielle was very accommodating, and helped us get all our paperwork, etc together before our big day. The whole team there worked with us during the planning process to ease and all questions or concerns we had. They made sure that everything was in order before our big day, and even scheduled pre wedding meetings with us to make sure that all our day of details were taken care of. Fast forward to the week of the wedding, we ended up getting married during the worst snow storm of the year. Needless to say, there were just a few things that didn’t go according to plan. The TSR team and Cason worked with us, and were in constant communication with us the entire time, even updating us on road conditions, weather, etc. Cason, Kathleen, and the whole TSR team were beyond accommodating, and made a normally stressful situation as stress free as possible. The ceremony and reception itself far surpassed any and all expectations we had. Thistle Springs is a hidden treasure. This beautiful venue was a perfect dream, and far beyond what we could have ever envisioned or imagined for our perfect day. Beyond the gorgeousness of the venue itself, the staff at Thistle Springs and the level of service they provide to you the day of the wedding are just beyond words. We were absolutely blown away by their level of service. From the second you walk through the door, they make sure that any and all of your needs are taken care of. Kathleen is one of the sweetest people you will meet, and she goes above and beyond for you in every way possible. Everyone on the TSR team was so sweet and accommodating, we really can’t sing their praises enough. It seemed that even our guests and bridal party took notice of the exceptional service we received, as we had a multitude of compliments and thank you’s from our guests in regards to the accommodating spirit of the staff. Our hearts will forever be filled with gratitude for all that Thistle Springs did to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. This truly is a one of a kind wedding venue with a level of service that is hard to match.