Barn, Waterfront

260 S. Reedy Point Road, Middletown, DE (443) 992-6637

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Jenny M

We knew from the moment we drove up ... this was it!!!! Breathtaking views, private, and unique!!! The owners are lovely to deal with and we are so excited for the big day!!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Debra F

I've benn stalking this venue since the moment we began even talking about getting engaged. The moment we walked in the door,2 weeks after the proposal, we both knew this was the one for us! We booked a date and put nearly half of the deposit that day,without bothering to even... Read More check out any other venues. Our coordinator was fantastic- both knowledgeable and personable. Prices were exactly as listed on their website, no surprises (except you will need to have a day of coordinator, find your own or use them for $500). We chose the off season to stay within our budget and I absolutely can not wait to have our winter wedding in this magical place!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 F S

VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE CONSIDERING HAVING YOUR WEDDING HERE: My fiance and I were hoping to have our wedding here. I visited THOUSAND ACRE FARM with my fiance and family. We all liked the location and venue. When we went back a second time to set our... Read More date we got a different feeling from the owner. He kept changing the final price to make it higher and higher. This seemed odd but we accepted all of his rules and prices because we liked the venue. He told us he would email us the final price the next day and we can book it then. He never emailed us. After two weeks we gave him a call and his reply was ''I did not take you two serious because you two are young and you guys did not look like you could afford it.'' I am appalled a business owner can say this to someone who is trying to do business with him. It is a shame I could not have my wedding there because of my age. I have never heard of anything like this. When I told him I was going to write this review, he told me that he would tell customers that I could not pay. So unprofessional. He did not even ask for any type of payment. Our agreement was to pay in full two months before the wedding. This does not even make sense because if we did not pay how would we enter his venue? I never thought I would see someone descriminate against my age. He did not even give us a chance to pay, he just assumed we could not afford it. Please do not support this ''business owner'' and allow him to discriminate customers because of the way they look. I would suggest not going near this place unless you want to get ripped off with made up prices and discriminated against. I am so upset about our experience at THOUSAND ACRE FARM.

Love At First Sight

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Julie N

We fell in love with this venue as soon as we got our first glimpse of it from the bridge driving in. We loved all the natural wood, the classy decor, the simple and customizable layout. We had our ceremony outdoors and the reception inside the barn. Our guests couldn't... Read More stop commenting about how great the venue was. Some of the downsides, from a planning perspective: Thousand Acre Farms was in its first season of hosting weddings this year, so there were some frustrations. (I imagine these will continue to improve year by year, because the owners are really dedicated to making it a great experience for all.) The cost of hiring an outside caterer was more than we anticipated. The facility doesn't have a kitchen, so I believe this creates substantial challenges for caterers. We had to supply our own ice because they do not have a large enough freezer. Because the barn was hosting a wedding the day before ours, we could not hold our rehearsal the day before the wedding, but had to have it on Thursday instead. We had a LOT of supplies to bring in (about 8 car loads) and we were not able to store any of it there ahead of time. It all had to be brought in and set up within a few hours before the wedding. The owners and staff at Thousand Acres are incredibly pleasant to work with and very fair and accommodating. I am delighted with how our wedding day turned out!