Tiffany Franklin Artistry - Makeup artist, Hair design

Eyelash Extensions, Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists

Greater Kansas City , MO

Brides Beware!

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Sarah S

I booked/contracted my wedding bridal party and myself for hair and makeup with Tiffany Franklin Artistry. We selected the date, paid deposit and signed the contract. Including myself, there were 6 ladies for makeup, 3 up-dos and 2 short hair styles. My trial makeup and hair went great however I had a skin reaction to her makeup line with pimples across my face which is uncommon for me. Tiffany offered a re-do trial appt (no charge) to try another product line. Unfortunately the day of our reschedule my employer was purchased by another company and layoffs began. I did not have my phone inside our conference room (it was a surprise to all of us and we had NO idea what we were being asked to meet about) so I messaged her at my first opportunity, which was 1 hour later than my appointment time. I was apologizing like crazy and explained I had no control and what had happened. Tiffany responded she understood and to let her know when I could reschedule. I was relieved and focused back on my uncertain work situation. When I got home that evening, I received an email from her cancelling our entire wedding contract 2 WEEKS BEFORE our wedding. I was thoroughly confused. We messaged back/forth and overall she felt as if I was unprofessional by missing the re-do trial appt. She was disappointed in my lack of communication, regardless of other life happenings. She also refused to refund my $125 trial for me to go find other artist, and there was no compassion for cancelling 2 weeks prior or my wedding. She reminded me her contract states she can cancel at any point, for any reason and all she has to do is refund the deposit. So this essentially could even be the day before if she wanted to with no repercussions or accountability, simply changed her mind! I was SO upset! I have since learned this type of contract is very dangerous for the bride to get into. So here I am less than 2 weeks away from my wedding date, with no makeup or hair artist scheduled and everyone I’ve spoken with is already booked. And with the anxiety in my full-time job requiring extra meetings and more hours as we sort through things, I have limited time to find someone new at this point. I am happy to say I did find another makeup artist who went above & beyond to fix all of this last minute and my day was perfect! All my other vendors worked with me during this difficult time....except for Tiffany Franklin. So this is why I am sharing this experience on here. As brides, our life keeps going on the outside regardless of our wedding events. So unless you can guarantee that you and your bridal party have perfect skin, your job/family/friends/day-to-day-life during the wedding planning period is going to be perfect, with 0 possibility or anything outside coming up that may effect your schedule, PLEASE consider this experience when selecting who you will depend upon in “good times and in bad” as your makeup artist. This probably applies to all wedding vendors in general. This is simply MY experience. And I would not wish anything similar upon anyone!

Quick without sacrificing Quality!

Reviewed on 7/12/2014 Dana T

I was SO nervous about finding the right hairstylist for my wedding! I was planning everything from out-of-state so I had to rely on online reviews to guide me. Tiffany was such a great find!! I have thick curly hair (and a lot of it!) but she's Deva Curl certified so she KNOWS curly hair. It looked so great when she was done :) She was fast, thorough and the hairstyle stayed put all evening! She had an assistant for the wedding day and between the two of them they finished our entire bridal party in plenty of time. No horror stories for this bride. It was so smooth I would recommend her 100%!

Tiffany is awesome!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Sarah G

Tiffany Franklin is so great to work with! She took time and precision to make sure my trial went well, there was full communication whenever needed and on the day of the wedding she made sure my bridesmaids and I looked stunning. I couldn't have asked for a better make up artist! I would highly recommend Tiffany!

Amazing work!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Ashley L

Tiffany did the hair and make-up for my friends wedding and it looked amazing. I would strongly recommend her to my friends and family.

w

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 victor p

Tiffany you are the best!!!! I really want to thank you for all you did for me. I looked amazing all night and my husband wants you to do my hair more often. I think I know where you work. also anyone reading this Tiffany does amazing things with hair and makeup. Use her for any and all events, tell your friends

Michael

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 scott p

thank you so much for your help at our wedding. you made my wife look more beautiful than she already is. (if that is possible). everyone raved all night about how great of a job you did. all seven bridesmaids plan on using you when they get their proposals....again than you for being so flexible and professional with all your services it was worth the money. Anyone who reads this do not pass Tiffany up she is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Renee M

Thank you for making our day great Tiffany. Great Job! Very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Randi L

Thank you Tiffany for making my day so special! I had so many people ask about my hair and make up and of course I couldn't wait to tell them all about you.

Ms. JaNea Whitney

Reviewed on 9/27/2013

Tiffany did a great job with my hair. It turned out slightly different than planned because it was something knew for both of us but i still loved it! I have had Tiffany do my hair multiple times now and very satified with the job she does. Overall I give her 5 starts and I will continue to see Tiffany.

Was so very happy

Reviewed on 9/27/2013

Tiffany is a remarkable and talented makeup artist. I was wanting a very smoking eye and she hit it right on! Just what I wanted. Hair held the curls. I wore it down and had so many compliments.

Incredible makeup expert

Reviewed on 9/27/2013

I was so impressed With Tiffany's work. We were fortunate that she was available on our day

LOVED TIFFANY!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013

Tiffany and her assistant come to my parents home and completed myself and 4 girls in my wedding party. My makeup was picture perfect and held up all night. We also got cute little containers with touch gloss to use throughout the evening. She said she would be posting my pictures on her website when they are available to me so please go and take a look! She made my day so special and I can't say enough good about her

Great!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Emily L

Very excellent work. I requested a natural look and she gave me just that! She is really talented! Highly recommend.

Fabulous Hair and Makeup

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Casey W

I waited until a month before my wedding to find my hair and makeup artist, so I was worried that I wouldn't find a great fit. I contacted Tiffany, and she erased all of my anxiety. She scheduled me for a trial run immediately, and did wonderful work on both my hair and makeup. On the day of my wedding, she met us at our hotel(She got there before we did!). Over the course of just a few hours, she designed six unique hair styles for myself, my mother, and four bridesmaids. Then, she did my makeup! She works quickly, but still does beautiful work. I would recommend Tiffany to any bride!

Tiffany Franklin Artistry -THE BEST

Reviewed on 1/30/2013 Amy J

I could not have been happier with my hair, makeup and all my bridesmaids! We tried a couple different looks at my trial and on my wedding day it was better than the trial! Tiffany did a waterfall braid that was something you would see in a magazine. I recieved so many compliments! She is reasonably priced and was able to come to us the morning of.

Tiffany Franklin Artistry

Reviewed on 1/24/2013 Katherine G

Our wedding pictures turned out so nice thanks to Tiffany! My hair and make up were flawless! After the reception at the end of the night some 11 hours later my hair and make-up looked like she had just done it! I would definitely recommend Tiffany to any Bride.

Nice to work with

Reviewed on 1/22/2013 judith d

Tiffany did my hair and make up, plus 3 bridesmaids and 4 flower girls. Everyone was happy with her!

Great to work with

Reviewed on 12/08/2011 Leslie S

I did my makeup trial run a little over a month before my wedding. She arrived on time and did a trial run with me and my bridesmaid. She was very kind, and getting into the industry, she gave me a lot of advice and even asked if I wanted to go to a class she knew about for hair. We scheduled me to go to her house for my extensions. A few days before I got really sick and emailed her to let her know. She was very kind about it and rescheduled me for the next week. I went to her house and she made me feel very comfortable. I loved her dog so much! He was huge (which I love) and very sweet.He was a big teddy bear just wanting some loving, but he wasn't scary at all! The day of the wedding she arrived on time with an assistant. The two of them got 6 of us done in no time at all. I even asked her to do a waterfall braid that she wasn't experienced with and she did it perfectly just by looking at a picture. She was very nice to all my girls, and we all looked great. My makeup lasted all night (as well as my hair in the most vicious wind Kansas has seen in awhile). I would definitely recommend Tiffany for any of your wedding hair/makeup needs. She's great!

Tiffany went beyond my expectations!

Reviewed on 11/06/2011 Misha P

Tiffany came to my hotel to beautify my entire wedding party. I have 9 bridesmaids plus myself. She comeplete the entire party in a mere 4 1/2 hours...yes hair and makeup!!! Two weeks before the wedding she put fusion extenstions in my hair. I cannot begin to say how perfect my hair was! Actually my entire party We were all very happy Everything lasted all night, the makeup and the hair She left us all with gloss for touch ups and honestly it was the only thing that needed touchups. She is the friendliest and most professional person I have ever meet. HIGHLY recommend her

Great Service.....Great work!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Jill H

Tiffany did the hair of myself, my 2 bridesmaids and the mother of the groom and she also did my makeup....she was very easy to work with and everything turned out beautiful! She came to my hotel room the day before the wedding and did a test run on my hair...which I thought looked great and she told me it would look even better the next day...she was right!! The wedding day she came to the venue to do all the hair and make up....she was very proffesional and also fun and easy to work with. I was of course doing a million things that morning.....handeling last minute details, directing various people, fielding phone calls and she was able to do my hair and my make up while I did all of these things....with a smile on her face! My hair was SO beautiful....she nailed the pic I gave her and same for my bridesmaids.....who both have a serious head of hair! My makeup looked great and stayed on all day and night....only had to touch up the lipstick, which she supplied me with. I was VERY pleased with everything and having her come to you on your wedding day is the way to go!!! Trust me....you have way to much going on to do it any other way! Also, I thought her prices were fair and I shopped around.....she is right where the market is.

Tiffany Franklin Hair/Makeup

Reviewed on 10/15/2011 Alexandra K

Tiffany was amazing! She was able to do hair for my seven bridesmaids and myself as well as makeup for myself on the big day. She was easy to talk to, and made me feel very comfortable.

Exceeded expectations!

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Natalie W

Prior to our wedding, Tiffany did an excellent job of answering my questions quickly. I did not do a pre-wedding trial because we didn't have it in our budget, so I just had my fingers crossed. She arrived exactly when she said she would, set up quickly and was ready to go in no time at all. Our original plan/contract was for her to do 1 bridesmaid's makeup and 4 bridesmaids' hair and my hair. She worked so quickly and we were loving her work that we kept asking if she had time to do more. She graciously kept saying yes. She ended up doing everyone's hair and makeup before she left, and we were only about 15 minutes behind schedule! She even gave us a discount! These last minute changes were accomodated easily...or so she made it seem. She was pleasant to work with and everyone was extremely happy with their hair and makeup which survived heat/humidity and tons of rain! She was excellent, and I highly recommend her!

Worst Vendor Ever!

Reviewed on 9/19/2011 Jessy V

I was a very dissapointed with Tiffany on the Wedding day. I had made a schedule for the wedding day months before and the week before the wedding she emails me and wanted to come 2 hours later because she is bringing an assistant. Knowing what time I needed to be ready and that hair and make up always takes longer then you plan I hestitantly agreed to moving the time by one hour. Tiffany was a little late and did not bring the assitant. My hair took almost an hour and just was not what I wanted. She did adjust it but I was still a little weary. My make up also took longer then expected and we made a few adjustments. She seemed to rush through the Bridesmaids hair but they turned out very pretty. We did run over an hour late because of this. If we would have just stuck with my initial plan we would have been fine. My hair did stay in place all day but looked a little plastered in pictures. We took all our pictures before the ceremony in 90 degree heat with humidity and my make up lasted pretty well. It did crack and flake a little after sweating outside for an hour so I had to reapply before the ceremony. In the end I think Tiffany did a good job I just wish we would have followed my original plan and not been rushed. EDIT - After posting this review I received a very rude email from Tiffany attacking me and my wedding party. She was defensive and said that my expectations were too high. (Im sorry what Bride doesn't want to look great on their wedding day?) Instead of apologizing that a customer was unhappy she blamed me and took no fault on her own services. It was very rude, unprofessional and inappropraite The comments that she has made on my reviews are completely made up, rude and unprofessional. I never yelled at the Trolley driver - just called to ask where they were since they were running late. My other vendors got amazing reviews and were great to work with. Who wants to work with a vendor that attacks them after? Take it from a Bride that feels like she made a big mistake highering this person. Do not hire her for your wedding.

double booked

Reviewed on 8/19/2011 Theresa B

Tiffany did my hair for my wedding on August 6, 2011. She was there 10 minutes early. The thing was my wedding was at 12 and I was getting ready at 6:00 that morning. The pictures were done at 10. I had gone to her house with my Maid of honor. It went fine with now problems. I filled out her contract the best I could. When it came to the time of the wedding. At the time my fiance and i thought we were going to have a 10:00 wedding. I forgot to email her before hand and mention that it had changed nor did she think to follow-up with me. I had a couple of my vendors follow-up with me. She did not. She had already booked another wedding before mine and the only way to have her do my hair was to do it earlier. So note to self make sure to follow-up with her on top of everything else you have to worry about.

Very flexible, great hair

Reviewed on 8/14/2011 Ashley E

Tiffany was fantastic - not only did she do a great job with my, my bridesmaids', and my mom's hair for the wedding, but she also squeezed me in at the last minute when I neglected to schedule a hair trial before the wedding (she even came out to my house!). I highly recommend her!

Send Email