Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists

Chicago and Suburbs

Telling the Story & Capturing Emotion for 26 yrs.

"You captured every tender moment of that day and saved it for me and future generations." - Michelle & Joseph. TWA Photography captures your memories in a style that allows you to relive the story, romance, and emotion of your wedding day.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, After Party, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2007

4 Chicagoland Locations, Chicago, IL Chicago and Suburbs (888) 207-4686

Reviewed on 1/29/2016

Since day 1 of us meeting with Timothy Whaley & Associates we had nothing but GREAT things to say! We actually booked with them on the first sit down meeting. They make everything so easy for you to understand and are very easy to get in touch with. You leave a message with... Read More them and within 24 hours you will either get an email or call back. The last thing that a bride or groom wants to deal with on their wedding day is to make sure your photographer(s) are doing their job....and let me say we had 2 (two) of them and both weren't just on time, they were both EARLY!!!!! My husband and I are both still in contact with the company: picking out our bridal album (which they make it very easy), getting our Thank You's ready, picking out our canvas cluster, etc. and I can give them a call/email at anytime and don't have to worry about them getting back to me!! (Oh, and my sister and brother in-law also used them over 5 years ago)

Quality all around!

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Andrea B

When I initially met with Timothy Whaley & Associates I felt like I was completely taken care of right from the start! The entire staff was extremely friendly and flexible. I was happy to learn that I would be matched with a photographer based on my style and needs. My... Read More photographer was awesome and fit in perfectly with my bridal group. She listened to our needs and had ideas for photos that really helped showcase my vision. Our second photographer did an awesome job capturing many candid, in the moment photos and again fit right in with our bridal group. I was so glad that I chose Timothy Whaley & Associates as my photographer and highly recommend their services. The quality of the photos turned out beautifully and I could not be happier!

Wonderful company, great experience!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Lindsay W

I found Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists right after I switched my status on Facebook to 'engaged'. I started noticing all the wedding ads and I got more and more curious about the different vendors. Shopping around for the right photographer seems like a shot in the... Read More dark sometimes. Everyone makes the same promises about taking care of you and making your day extra special. I am grateful to share my experience with other brides and to let them know that I have found people that live up to the promises they make- and surpass them. Right from the very beginning I could tell that Timothy Whaley was going to be perfect for my wedding. On our initial meeting, one of their out-of-the-box photographers was able to show us how they could best capture our wedding moments through their photo journalistic approach. He was so easy to talk to and we were on the same page from the beginning as far as what I wanted my pictures to look like and the 'vibe' I wanted to portray. He able to explain to me how their services are more of an investment in a relationship-than just supplying a product- that will pay off throughout our lives as we create new memories and grow our family. This is the kind of relationship I was looking for in trusting someone to capture all the best moments on my special day. I'm confident they will surpass anyone's expectations for photography as they certainly did mine. My pictures turned out better than I could imagine and I have received nothing but complements from other people about how wonderful they are. I can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Abe F

I was so happy to never have to talk to this company ever again. Use an Iphone

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Kate G

We used TWA for our November 5 wedding and were so pleased with their services! Our photographer, Mikhail, was wonderful to work with on our big day and made sure to take all our photo requests into consideration, as well as provide ideas of his own. Our pictures turned out... Read More beautiful!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Jessica K

Very easy to work with! Took lots of fun pictures they were great

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Jennifer S

I used Timothy Whaley's services for my October wedding. I have to say that my husband and I were impressed since the moment of the consultation. Everyone was so nice and helpful, made us feel comfortable and confident. Since our engagement pictures I was so impressed with the... Read More work of the photographers, I couldn't wait for our wedding day pictures. I was so right when I picked this company, as soon as I saw my wedding pictures, I was so in love with them. My photographers Mikhael and David were the nicest, most responsible and charming guys! It was such a pleasure working with them! I highly recommend any future bride to use this company's services! Jennifer Santoro

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Claudette M

From our first meeting everyone was very welcoming friendly and knowledgable! Our photographer was Mikhail he did an amazing job! He had a real passion for making sure the shots were just right and very was professional Highly recommend this photographer!!!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Emily L

Right after getting engaged I knew from day one I wanted to use Timothy Whaley. I saw pictures in my magazines and online that I just loved!! We were paying for the wedding ourselves and I was nervous because they were a little over our price range. After meeting with Nick and... Read More after he answered all our questions we knew we wanted to use them! We worked with Molly to set up our engagement photos and she was very nice. We had Wally and Kit for our photographers and they were absolutely amazing! They both made us feel so comfortable and Wally made us laugh and enjoy our day even more! We just received our proofs and absolutely love them! We had our reveal party and we're able to ask as many questions as we needed and to purchase or album there is a payment plan and we were very pleased to here that!! I would reccomend Timothy Whaley to everyone getting married!!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Brenda C

We booked TWA for photography and video services. We are very pleased so far with the work done. Photos are amazing and their staff is very friendly. Our main photographer was Jorge Medina, he did an amazing job! Would gladly recommend TWA.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Alexa M

From our first consultation with TWA to the last picture at our reception, my husband and I couldn't be more pleased. The experience and expertise that both our photographers, Mikhail and Greg, brought to our wedding day was more than we could ask for. They were both so funny,... Read More creative, and enjoyable to work with. The decision to go with two photographers instead of one was definitely the right one, as we got to see two different perspectives at the ceremony and reception. We couldn't be happier and all that's left is the difficult decision of which amazing pictures to put in our wedding album.

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Nichole S

Our photographer was Abel and he was outstanding!! He went above and beyond to help us get to our reception. Abel's photographs capture every emotion that everyone was feeling. He made sure to take time with us to get all the pictures we wanted. He was even able to keep up with... Read More our crazy families. He wanted to make our special day was captured just the way we wanted. He even let our nephew take a picture with his camera to show him how it all works! I will always choose Timothy Whaley! Everyone that we have worked with have been 110% helpful and willing to work with us. A few people that we had the pleasure of working with were Nick, Amanda, John, and Abel.

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Katie S

I had a horrific experience with this company. I would not recommend them to anyone. I did not receive my photos from my wedding for close to 6 months and have not yet received the files for my engagement session for well over a full calendar year. The photographer was a very... Read More nice man, but the photos came out mediocre at best (in my opinion). Their prices seemed low compared to the other companies I interviewed, but their service and product reflected those prices (in my opinion).

2016-12-28T13:26:33 Response from the vendor

We’re very sorry if we fell short of your expectations. We are however a bit confused by your review, as images are processed and ready for our clients only a few weeks after the wedding date. In our 26 year history, no one has ever... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Tamara W

We booked Timothy Whaley for photography, video, and for our photo booth. We met with Nick and were quickly sold on the beautiful sample wedding albums and gorgeous online photos and his great customer service. We had the pleasure of working with Bill and Nick for photography... Read More and they were awesome to work with. Bill spent the day with the girls and Nick was with the guys. Both were early and very flexible. The proofs are unbelievable and we are so happy that we went with TWA. I would highly recommend them for your special day.

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Jessica J

We had Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists do our wedding picture, and we couldn't have been more happy with the way that all of the pictures turned out. Heather, our photographer, was absolutely wonderful and so professional. She did a great job of making sure that we got all... Read More of the shots we were looking for, and while building our album we have had a lot of support from Jenny at the Lombard location. All in all, we were very happy with the results.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Madlyn B

We loved working with TWA for our wedding. They made it very easy to figure out, and made payments easy as well. Our photographer was Heidi, and she did a phenomenal job. The pictures turned out amazing and we couldn't be happier with them. I would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Abby K

I used TWA for my November 12, 2016 wedding. I am SO happy with this decision. From our first meeting, the company made sure our needs were met. Our main photographer, Brad, was excellent. Professional, enthusiastic and thorough - I am excited to see all of the photos from... Read More the day. Our photo journalist, Michael, was also excellent. He was fun, kind and worked very hard to capture every moment of the day! Our videographer, RJ, was fantastic. He seemed to be everywhere but discreet. I cannot wait to see the video as I know he captured all the special moments I wanted throughout the day. Working with TWA was a breeze. They are accommodating to any concerns and happy to answer any questions from the first meeting to moments before the big day. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Jay H

Update to review: After my initial review of TWA, I received a phone call from the owner and had a very productive call. He personally promised me that TWA is committed to serving all couples equally and with the highest level of service possible. I believe him. He has... Read More already taken steps to address the service concerns and inclusiveness with his staff. The end product that TWA provides is very good. Due to Mr. Whaley's prompt and gracious response, TWA is worth considering. Modified original review: We chose TWA because we were told that TWA was a gay friendly and inclusive photography vendor. We relied on that promise and ended up spending a significant amount of money with TWA, which we feel could have been money spent better elsewhere for a product that was as good or better quality. As early as November 2015, when I called the TWA office, the first question I was asked to look up my account was, "What is the bride's maiden name." Obviously, as a gay couple, that is offensive because I neither am a bride nor do I have a maiden name. I expressed my extreme displeasure to Nick, our initial contact. Both Nick and Bill, a director, apologized and Bill promised that the office staff would be trained and that the mistake would not happen again. Unfortunately, the mistake did happen again. Almost every single email we received, print material, PDFs, and each survey included words such as "bridal," "bridal party," "bridal album," "what the bride would like," "what our brides prefer," etc. These words create an unwelcome environment for LGBT couples and TWA should know better. These "mistakes" clearly demonstrate that TWA has not taken any steps to review its materials, training its personnel, the photographers they work with and its office staff. Were this 2013, the mistakes would be understandable. However, same sex marriage was signed into law in Illinois in 2013 and became effective in June 2014. That means TWA had over 3 years to prepare. To make matters worse, TWA's customer service is horrific. Their response time goes well beyond what is reasonable in a service environment (i.e., 24 hours). In fact, sometimes, we didn't get a response at all. We also had to argue with the customer service personnel about charges that we did not think were appropriate, leaving us the impression that the money was more important to TWA versus the service. We never had any follow-up on the status of our prints or our album. We always had to follow-up and then when we were told prints were being sent to us via courier, we did not receive the prints for over 2 weeks, when we should have received the package in 2-3 days (which means they weren't sent until after we repeatedly reminded and asked, without any kind of response). TWA's owner's response to my written complaint exemplifies the response of a good business owner and upstanding individual. TWA is worth considering to be your photographer, especially Douglas.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Georgia L

Loved working with everyone at Timothy Whaley! We booked when we first met with them (the only photographers we even met with); they gave us so many offers for booking with them, we couldn't refuse! They were so nice and helpful, at our in person meetings, over the phone, over... Read More email, and the day of! We booked them for our engagement session and for the wedding. Our engagement session was tricky to book on our side because my husband had a crazy work schedule. The day of our scheduled session the photographer we were booked with called with a family emergency and couldn't make our shoot (understandable). I called TWA and they booked us with a new photographer within an hour! We got beautiful engagement photos and I couldn't be happier with their quick and accommodating service! For our wedding, we were paired with Douglas and he was great! Like everyone else we've encountered, he was professional and helpful. We had a few phone conversations and on the final one before the wedding we went through a Pinterest board and he took note of the kinds of photos that I wanted and poses I liked to get photos I would love - and I love them all! Throughout the whole process, Amanda has been in contact with me, making sure everything was and is working out for us. I really appreciated the attentiveness, professionalism, and product that TWA gave us. Planning to use them for family photos in the future and recommending them to my friends as they get engaged!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Kate J

From the moment we booked TWA, we knew we made the right decision. We booked for our wedding On September 4, 2016. The prices were reasonable, and we knew exactly what we were getting at the time we signed, as everything was organized and clear. We booked two photographers... Read More for our wedding, and both were fabulous! Nicki was thorough with planning our big day with us and making sure she got all of the shots we wanted. It was clear she had lots of experience, and she knew exactly what to do to make everyone look beautiful in our pictures. Igor was wonderful with getting candid shots throughout the day as well. We would highly recommend this studio with anyone who wants stunning photos for their celebration!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Jesy L

Updated review: We had issues with some things but the owner himself reached out to us and was able to help resolve them. Our photographer himself was great.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Peter R

TW was the most calming part of my wedding day. The photographers arrived on time and were in complete control of the large and very excited wedding party. The pictures turned out great too!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Rene E

I absolutely loved working with TWA! They are so professional and the whole process was fun and easy. I never felt like I was stressed about anything to do with our photographers, both from the engagement photo session to the wedding, they were just wonderful! My was... Read More photographer was so attentive and made sure that even the little details in the background were just right. He was great at staying on time Theo whole wedding day and I look back on the photos he took and I am in love. Our second photographer was wonderful the day of as well. She got some great shots with the groomsmen we wouldn't otherwise had time for if she wasn't there, and she got fun shots of my party guests that I missed because we were taking pictures elsewhere. Looking back at all my photos, they are just so beautiful and I have been reccomending them to all my friends getting married and anyone I know who's even just looking to do a portrait session, they are worth every penny! I can't wait to officially see my pictures put together in our wedding book and pick out some for our walls, if I could cover an entire wall with them, I totally would haha. They so beautifully caputre all the wonderfuls moments from that day, from my family, to pictures with my maid of honor and I goofing around, to my husband and I, I love every one of them. Thank you thank you thank you TWA and Mikail for giving your all on that day so that my pictures are worth every penny!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Samantha C

During my search for wedding photography, all of the companies seemed more or less the same. However I cannot imagine getting a better experience than I did with Timothy Whaley. Throughout the whole process they were available and attentive, answering all of my questions and... Read More completely understanding of the stress of wedding planning. At our first meeting, they basically got to know us as a couple and what style of photography we were looking for to set us up with our perfect photojournalist. I am extremely pleased to say the one they chose - Jerry Amber - was exactly what we wanted/needed. He was so much fun and fit in with our crazy wedding party. He even rode on the party bus with us! He was directive and definitely got the job done in an extremely efficient way, without being rude. We were so happy with the proofs - so many amazing pictures to remember our incredible night. We are now in the process of ordering our wedding album and prints, and they continue to be responsive and helpful. We can't wait to see the final product! We are forever grateful to our team at TWA!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kz M

Awesome crew. Very passionate and accommodating. 😊 Awesome job!

Start a Conversation!