Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists

Chicago and Suburbs

Telling the Story & Capturing Emotion for 26 yrs.

"You captured every tender moment of that day and saved it for me and future generations." - Michelle & Joseph. TWA Photography captures your memories in a style that allows you to relive the story, romance, and emotion of your wedding day.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, After Party, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2010
Bow2007

4 Chicagoland Locations, Chicago, IL
Chicago and Suburbs

Reviewed on 1/29/2016

Since day 1 of us meeting with Timothy Whaley & Associates we had nothing but GREAT things to say! We actually booked with them on the first sit down meeting. They make everything so easy for you to understand and are very easy to get in touch with. You leave a message with... Read More them and within 24 hours you will either get an email or call back. The last thing that a bride or groom wants to deal with on their wedding day is to make sure your photographer(s) are doing their job....and let me say we had 2 (two) of them and both weren't just on time, they were both EARLY!!!!! My husband and I are both still in contact with the company: picking out our bridal album (which they make it very easy), getting our Thank You's ready, picking out our canvas cluster, etc. and I can give them a call/email at anytime and don't have to worry about them getting back to me!! (Oh, and my sister and brother in-law also used them over 5 years ago)

Quality all around!

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Andrea B

When I initially met with Timothy Whaley & Associates I felt like I was completely taken care of right from the start! The entire staff was extremely friendly and flexible. I was happy to learn that I would be matched with a photographer based on my style and needs. My... Read More photographer was awesome and fit in perfectly with my bridal group. She listened to our needs and had ideas for photos that really helped showcase my vision. Our second photographer did an awesome job capturing many candid, in the moment photos and again fit right in with our bridal group. I was so glad that I chose Timothy Whaley & Associates as my photographer and highly recommend their services. The quality of the photos turned out beautifully and I could not be happier!

Wonderful company, great experience!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Lindsay W

I found Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists right after I switched my status on Facebook to 'engaged'. I started noticing all the wedding ads and I got more and more curious about the different vendors. Shopping around for the right photographer seems like a shot in the... Read More dark sometimes. Everyone makes the same promises about taking care of you and making your day extra special. I am grateful to share my experience with other brides and to let them know that I have found people that live up to the promises they make- and surpass them. Right from the very beginning I could tell that Timothy Whaley was going to be perfect for my wedding. On our initial meeting, one of their out-of-the-box photographers was able to show us how they could best capture our wedding moments through their photo journalistic approach. He was so easy to talk to and we were on the same page from the beginning as far as what I wanted my pictures to look like and the 'vibe' I wanted to portray. He able to explain to me how their services are more of an investment in a relationship-than just supplying a product- that will pay off throughout our lives as we create new memories and grow our family. This is the kind of relationship I was looking for in trusting someone to capture all the best moments on my special day. I'm confident they will surpass anyone's expectations for photography as they certainly did mine. My pictures turned out better than I could imagine and I have received nothing but complements from other people about how wonderful they are. I can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016

We had know problems with this vendor, we loved everything and had a great time without worries and troubles! We really recommend this vendor!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Chrystal C

From initial consultation through album purchase the customer service is superb! My photographer, Wally, went above and beyond to capture amazing and beautiful photos! When I reviewed the proof book there were some I hadn't even realized he had taken because he was so... Read More unobtrusive. There are also a variety of album options to fit all budgets. Truly an impressive job. I couldn't be happier with my choice in photographers!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Deanna

We had a great wedding day experience with TWA! Heidi, our photographer, was super friendly and made us feel incredibly comfortable. She had us laughing throughout the day, and had no problem giving my little brother a hard time, which was awesome! She took so many images, it... Read More was insane! She worked really hard to make sure that we took the pictures I had told her ahead of time were important to us. She was wonderful! We also had a great experience with the office staff. When we first came in, we met with Nick would was also very personable as well as extremely knowledgeable. He did not pressure us at all to sign with them or to increase our package or anything at all. We felt so comfortable working with Nick that when we met with our first suggested photographer, I felt completely comfortable contacting Nick and letting him know we would like to meet with someone else. That is not to say that the original photographer we met with wasn’t nice! He definitely was. We were just looking for someone with a super high energy level to match ours, which Heidi did perfectly. After the wedding, we worked with Amanda who worked tirelessly to help us get what we wanted for our canvases and photo album. She sent email after email with approvals until we were able to get things just how we wanted them. She was extremely dedicated and super easy to work with. The only suggestion I would have for people looking to book TWA for their wedding photographers is to have an idea of what kind of prints you want for canvases before the wedding day. We have so many fabulous images of us laughing and joking around, which we had expressed an interest in, but it has made it a little harder to choose our canvases. Let your photographer know what you are looking for and they will definitely step up the the plate.

Reviewed on 2/23/2016

Our photographer was Jerry Amber and he was amazing. We met with him and talked for hours about what I wanted with my pictures. He showed up on time and began taking pictures right away. Everyone in my party and family loved him too and thought he was fun to work with. I... Read More have already recommended Timothy Whaley to friends and one has booked with them.

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Megan S

From the first day we met with TWA, I have been very happy with everyone we have worked with for our wedding! I just can't say enough good things about this company. i loved that we were able to meet and talk with the actual photographers and really find our match. Mikhail did a... Read More fantastic job capturing our wedding from start to finish. He was early, prompt, and was very attentive to all the photo requests we made. The ladies in the business office were extremely helpful with any questions we asked and answers were given quickly. I love Timothy Whaley and Associates! I can't wait to have more photos taken with them in the future!

Reviewed on 2/08/2016 Michelle R

Our photographer was great. Our photos are good. It just doesn't seem like we received all of the information from the beginning. I would just make sure that if you go with this company that you read every line of the contract and that you make sure you understand... Read More everything that your sales consultant is telling you with your initial meeting--**especially what it will cost for an album after the wedding and realistically how long it will take for you to receive your digital copies of the photos** It's a lot of information they throw at you in less than an hour and it's hard for you to know if everything was covered and fully understood. Just make sure everything is communicated clearly before signing.

2016-03-04T08:38:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review and we’re happy you had a great experience with our photographer! We agree that there’s a lot of information to go over in a consultation and we absolutely want to make sure that our customers fully understand what we have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/29/2016

We choose Timothy Whaley Photographic Artist after meeting with Deanne. She was so accommodating and helpful. I loved that Deanne was always in touch checking up to make sure our needs were being met! Our photographer Sal was awesome! He went above and beyond what was expected.... Read More Not only was he on time but came early to give me a little extra time for the pictures I wanted. He knew what he was doing and was always tending to our needs! Always upbeat and helpful! Our videographer was fabulous as well! He was so polite and kind we barely noticed him at the wedding, yet he captured EVERY single moment perfectly! If you want a team that goes above and beyond the call of duty, then I highly recommend TWA Photographic Artist! 2 thumbs way up!!

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Yvette R

My husband and I loved working with TWA. The staff is so nice and very professional. We especially liked that we could meet with photographers before deciding who we wanted on our wedding day. When the first photographer fell through (he cancelled our appointment last minute and... Read More was very unprofessional about it), the staff at TWA was quick to make sure we were placed with a better fit. We were so impressed with their customer service after this moment. We met with Abel and loved him immediately! He spent time getting to know us individually and as a couple. He was very interested in what we wanted and kept in touch with us over the months on updates to our big day. Our photographer was at our wedding for 12 hours, and everything was perfect. We loved going through all of the proofs and selecting images for our album and prints. We can't wait to see the finished products! Our prints/album contact Krystyn is wonderful. I would highly recommend TWA for any photography service, especially weddings. Warning: The albums and prints are a bit pricey and may surprise you, but the quality is incredible and worth the cost. Also, we like that they have a payment plan now for albums so it's easier to manage the cost over time.

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Miranda C

We used Timothy Whaley for our reception and we were very happy we did! We met with Nick initially and he was very professional and knowledgable. Everyone at the office is so pleasant to work with and willing to help. We met with Jenny after our wedding for our reveal party and... Read More she was awesome!! Would recommend this company to anyone!!

Wonderful Service

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Ashley G

We loved our photographer and videographer. They had so many fun, unique ideas, and were 100% on top of everything. From the day of our consultation we knew we were going to be in the best hands.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Jillian D

I can't say enough good things about Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists! We signed our contract with them early in 2015 and our wedding was in October of 2015. From making our initial appointment to working on finalizing our album, the staff and photographers at TWA have made... Read More the process a seamless experience. Everyone at TWA is super friendly and helpful! To start - our first meeting was with Bill. He explained all of our package options without pressuring us to get the most expensive package, and answered all of our questions honestly. We were also able to get some extra promotions since we booked early. Next, our engagement photographer was Kathryn and she was wonderful! Our shoot ended up being in the middle of a winter storm in February 2015, but she still drove all the way to the city and was professional during the shoot. Our engagement pictures are so adorable with the snow - she did an amazing job! Our wedding photographer was Doug and he was awesome. Many of our guests commented about how engaging and professional he was during the ceremony and reception. Also, we specifically asked that he not be obtrusive during the ceremony and he was so quiet and stayed out of the way of the guests. He blended in to the wedding and took some beautiful shots. We are still finalizing our album, but we love all of the pictures (almost 1200 of them!). Lastly, we have been working with Jenny to finalize our album and order our additional wall art. She has been very helpful with our questions and concerns, and has really simplified the process for us. Overall, I cannot recommend TWA enough for your wedding photographer. They are professional, friendly and helpful, and the whole team makes the photography process a walk in the park. Really, you can't get a better deal. They were our favorite vendor to work with! Thank you TWA!

Wedding Review.

Reviewed on 1/21/2016

Bill Jaeger in the business office and Abel the photographer work hard to make TWA successful. I would suggest asking for Abel.

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Jackie B

My Husband and I were married in September, 2015 and used Timothy Whaley and Associates as our photographer. Before our wedding, we were excited and confident with our decision, however, on the wedding day and for a time thereafter we were pretty unhappy and dealt with a number... Read More of issues. I will say, I did not prepare a list of important shots or guidelines for our photographer, Wally, to use on our wedding day and I regret not doing so. I suggest everyone take the time to think about a detailed list of expectations and desires to go over with their photographer and I'm sure a number of the issues we've faced would be avoided. Fortunately, after sharing our frustrations with a couple customer service individuals, we were given a chance to meet with Timothy Whaley himself and feel our needs have been fully met. One of the major letdowns we encountered was not having a single photo of myself (bride) and the mother of the bride together and after sharing this with Tim, the team was able to successfully superimpose a beautiful image of us together on the alter, it's like it really happened! Also, another major frustration was the level of quality with which all the outdoor images from our wedding day seemed to be taken. However, these were also able to be successfully edited to represent the beautiful weather and landscape we had on our wedding day. Overall, we are once again happy with our decision to choose Timothy Whaley and Associates because even though we experienced issues along the way, Tim and the staff have given their honest attention and effort to accommodate our concerns and will ultimately produce a wedding album which we will always cherish. My advice: Meet with your photographer early in the planning stage and have a working relationship. Do not go into your wedding day without giving your photographer details of your expectations. The pictures from your wedding are priceless and you want to play your part in making sure you're nothing but happy with the results!

Months to obtain photos

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Amanda C

I would not recommend Timothy Whaley and Associates or TWA Photography unless they change their contract or photo delivery timeline. My old coworker recommended them as they took her wedding photos. However, she had won a wedding package so did not have to pay for them. My... Read More fiancé and I met with them at the Loop studio and were initially impressed with their work. We liked the salesperson we met with who was outgoing and offered us promotions. We then learned that he would not be our photographer and we would not meet the photographer until a couple weeks or month before the wedding. They contract with a number of photographers so you do not know which photographer took the showcased photos. We were sent a copy of the contract which differed from what we were told in person. The font was small. The contract essentially provided that we would not be provided proofs to review and select for the wedding album until 6 months after the wedding. What was more upsetting is that we would not receive jpeg images until 14 months -- over a year -- after the wedding. You could potentially receive them in less than a year if you and your family and friends spent a certain amount on photos and products. There were other provisions that gave us pause. We tried to negotiate with the salesperson and his manager to revise the contract to allow us to receive the photos sooner, but they would only take a couple months off of the timeline. When we sat down and did the math, they would actually be a lot more expensive than other photographers since they charge a lot for albums, extras, and force you to buy photos and products so you can obtain the jpegs. We ended up utilizing a solo photographer who made us feel more comfortable. We paid slightly more for the photography in order to obtain all of the jpegs in a short time frame at no additional charge. Before utilizing Timothy Whaley or TWA Photography, ask questions and carefully review the contract.

Great Quality Work

Reviewed on 12/13/2015 Danielle P

TWA was great to work with and our photos turned out wonderful! Our "story teller" really captured all the little details of the decor while our main photographer was able to focus on capturing the moments.

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Rebecca P

We love our photos! From the engagement session to first look, everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Kristen M

The whole Timothy Whaley & Associates team has been wonderful to work with. They have been understanding and flexible for us. Recently my father passed. We had originally booked our wedding date, but when things took a turn we had moved the date up in hopes that he would still... Read More be here for our special day. Unfortunately he could not fight any longer. The TWA team not only captured amazing photographs, that told our story, but I will never forget the kindness and compassion showed to us during this hard time.

Absolute Perfection!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Kaitlin F

As a bride-on-a-budget (under $15k for EVERYTHING for the wedding), it was important for me to determine the most important aspects of the wedding which deserved the most investment. My two choices for that were catering and photography. We had a unique, small wedding of 75... Read More guests on a rooftop in Chicago on May 23, 2015. Our initial consultation was very low pressure and very impressive. We were shown multiple albums that showcased the various photography styles of the staff they employed. We booked that day (securing special discounts & add-ons for doing so) and met with our photographer (selected based on our consultation preferences) just a few weeks later. Palo was very laid back and we knew he'd be a perfect addition to our wedding day. The months leading up to the wedding included timely reminders from TWA about upcoming payments for the payment plan they helped set up for us which was super helpful. Day of the wedding: Palo was, in fact, a perfection addition to our intimate wedding party. He helped us select some prime Chicago locations and captured so many beautiful moments. We very much enjoyed his overall demeanor and manner of working. My husband hates posing for pictures and Palo kept it quick, relaxing, and fun for both of us when we took our staged photos around the city and at our venue. To this day, my husband and I will still recite what became Palo's signature direction for many of our posed photos: "Look at me. *click* Now, look at her. *click* Now look at him. *click* Kiss kiss *click* Alright, one more, he he he! *click*" It kept us laughing all afternoon! We had so much fun. Once the ceremony started, we hardly noticed Palo the rest of the night. He kept himself in the wings but was always close enough when we wanted to grab a family member or two for a posed shot during the reception. Since our ceremony and reception were outside, Palo also provided some great outdoor lighting that didn't get in anybody's way and really added dramatic effect to some of our most gorgeous nighttime photos. Following the wedding, TWA sent us some teaser photos a few weeks after the wedding which were gorgeous and wonderful to forward to close friends and family. A couple months later, we viewed our proofs, chose our album selections, and set up a new payment plan all with the utmost ease either at a TWA studio or online. They make the entire process incredibly easy. I only had one payment processing error come up with TWA but they resolved it quickly and easily. Although this was definitely the most expensive investment of our wedding, it was certainly worth it. Our wedding album from TWA will last a lifetime. Since I was a bride-on-a-budget, we opted not to have photo booth or video services which honestly, we don't feel we needed given the hundreds of gorgeous photos we will eventually get access to. It takes almost a year from your wedding date to get digital access to all your proofs. But, as all things have been with TWA, it's worth the wait. Also, we now get one free studio portrait session every year for life since TWA likes to treats their customers like family with these special perks. It's easy to see why this company has some of the best ratings, reviews, and awards. They truly are the best of the best. Thank you for everything, TWA!

Nick and Harry were fabulous!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Jackie C

We had a great experience with TWA! They offered us a great, affordable package with many free extras! Throughout the whole process, Nick, our salesman, was very receptive and answered all of our questions in a timely manner - always getting us the information we needed and... Read More truly taking our personal preferences into account. Harry was our photographer and worked so hard on our wedding day to capture everything. He went from my parents house where we were getting ready to the church to capture the decor and get a few shots of the guys to a third outdoor location and finally to the reception hall. He stayed until midnight with camera in hand all night. He even got some nighttime shots of my husband and outside during the reception. He was great with our large families and made sure to capture everything on our must-have photo list. We have yet to have the big reveal meeting but I am sure we will be thrilled with our photos as Harry has an impressive portfolio! Thank you TWA for capturing our special day!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

They are absolutely amazing. Words cannot describe how they captured our entire day. Our photographer was fun, professional and did not miss a beat. You knew what you were getting from the very beginning which left no surprises at the end. Most importantly, the pictures turned... Read More out amazing.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Alex W

Thank you, TWA for capturing perfect images of our perfect day! The staff was incredibly helpful and Luke (main) and Carlos (second) were out of this world. Both were hilarious and helped us relax and enjoy the day. The photos were stunning. I will admit, some review had me... Read More nervous but the photos they took were stunning and we had the most difficult time picking only 100-120 photos for our album. Thanks, TWA!!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Amy S

We chose them for our wedding Oct 3rd 2015 and we were very impressed. They answered all our questions and we got a great deal. They are not too expensive and they did a great job. We had Mike Pipo as our main photographer and he was great. I have no clue how to position and he... Read More was able to guide me a lot. And he showed me the pictures on his camera. They were very reliable and I think we made a great choice.