Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists

Chicago and Suburbs

Telling the Story & Capturing Emotion for 26 yrs.

"You captured every tender moment of that day and saved it for me and future generations." - Michelle & Joseph. TWA Photography captures your memories in a style that allows you to relive the story, romance, and emotion of your wedding day.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, After Party, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2010
Bow2007

4 Chicagoland Locations, Chicago, IL
Chicago and Suburbs

Reviewed on 1/29/2016

Since day 1 of us meeting with Timothy Whaley & Associates we had nothing but GREAT things to say! We actually booked with them on the first sit down meeting. They make everything so easy for you to understand and are very easy to get in touch with. You leave a message with... Read More them and within 24 hours you will either get an email or call back. The last thing that a bride or groom wants to deal with on their wedding day is to make sure your photographer(s) are doing their job....and let me say we had 2 (two) of them and both weren't just on time, they were both EARLY!!!!! My husband and I are both still in contact with the company: picking out our bridal album (which they make it very easy), getting our Thank You's ready, picking out our canvas cluster, etc. and I can give them a call/email at anytime and don't have to worry about them getting back to me!! (Oh, and my sister and brother in-law also used them over 5 years ago)

Quality all around!

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Andrea B

When I initially met with Timothy Whaley & Associates I felt like I was completely taken care of right from the start! The entire staff was extremely friendly and flexible. I was happy to learn that I would be matched with a photographer based on my style and needs. My... Read More photographer was awesome and fit in perfectly with my bridal group. She listened to our needs and had ideas for photos that really helped showcase my vision. Our second photographer did an awesome job capturing many candid, in the moment photos and again fit right in with our bridal group. I was so glad that I chose Timothy Whaley & Associates as my photographer and highly recommend their services. The quality of the photos turned out beautifully and I could not be happier!

Wonderful company, great experience!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Lindsay W

I found Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists right after I switched my status on Facebook to 'engaged'. I started noticing all the wedding ads and I got more and more curious about the different vendors. Shopping around for the right photographer seems like a shot in the... Read More dark sometimes. Everyone makes the same promises about taking care of you and making your day extra special. I am grateful to share my experience with other brides and to let them know that I have found people that live up to the promises they make- and surpass them. Right from the very beginning I could tell that Timothy Whaley was going to be perfect for my wedding. On our initial meeting, one of their out-of-the-box photographers was able to show us how they could best capture our wedding moments through their photo journalistic approach. He was so easy to talk to and we were on the same page from the beginning as far as what I wanted my pictures to look like and the 'vibe' I wanted to portray. He able to explain to me how their services are more of an investment in a relationship-than just supplying a product- that will pay off throughout our lives as we create new memories and grow our family. This is the kind of relationship I was looking for in trusting someone to capture all the best moments on my special day. I'm confident they will surpass anyone's expectations for photography as they certainly did mine. My pictures turned out better than I could imagine and I have received nothing but complements from other people about how wonderful they are. I can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Valerie I

We chose TWA for our wedding after hearing about them through a wedding show. We had Douglas as our all day photographer and he was fantastic! Our wedding got rained out, but he battles the rain with to get some wonderful pictures. They're a little pricey but the price is worth... Read More the quality. I couldn't be happier with our pictures!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Valerie M

Heidi and Jean were both 5 star photographers! I've already had several people ask me who took our wedding pictures! Definitely worth the money!! Not only are they great photographers but they were on time and were extremely friendly and professional. Also, we had several... Read More children in our bridal party and they had patience of saints! Thanks again! -Valerie M.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Brittany S

We chose TWA because it was preferred vendor of our venue and couldn't be happier. From the engagement shoot to the actual wedding day the photographers were amazing. We had one photographer that shot our engagement pictures (this person was assigned to us), but she did a great... Read More job. For our wedding, we requested Jerry Amber based on many reviews and also Nick Schilingo who was our consultant when we visited the studio. Both of these guys are AMAZING at what they do. Jerry was our lead photographer and was hysterical. He was the life of the party and kept our bridal party laughing the entire time. Nick was our photojournalist and did a great job capturing all the other moments. The two of them really worked well together and I HIGHLY recommend them to any bride!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Julie S

My husband and I wanted to spend the extra money for quality and personality in our pictures. We found TWA to be not only completely professional, elegant, and fun. On top of that, they are very open regarding all aspects of what we would be receiving in our packages. Their... Read More packages are very fair and quality of all photos are great. We had Mikhail for our photographer and he WAS THE BEST. We loved all of our photos! We are very happy with our choice.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Julie S

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Corey D

If you want to wait 2 months before seeing ONE picture, then they are perfect for you! If you want to spend $1000+ on an album that is 'meh' but required (fine print!), then they are perfect for you! If you want to wait 9 months to receive your digital copies, then they are... Read More perfect for you! (kudos on getting us SOMETHING before our 1 year anniversary - yay???) I have no idea how this is so highly rated on here. Must be fake or bought... CAUTION: RIP. OFF. Couldn't be happier that we are done dealing with these people. Read some real reviews here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/timothy-whaley-and-associates-lombard

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Amy S

My husband and I were so happy to work with TWA! I read through most of their reviews before booking a consultation, and one thing I really liked was that even on the negative comments, TWA still reached out and tried to fix their experience with them! So from the get go, we had... Read More a strong, good vibe about this place. Our photographers were Larry and Nick; they were troopers to deal with our bridal party on a 90° day, and still gave us such amazing photos. :) Now ending our time with TWA for the album process, Amanda has been great to work with and it's all been a breeze. Thanks again for all your help!!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Christina T

Timothy Whaley was by far the best. We had such a great time with our photographer, Jorge. He was very professional and captured all of our great moments. The company made everything so stress free and easy on the day and all of the months leading up. Thank you guys!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Sarah V

I booked Timothy Whaley & Associates because they were recommended by my venue and I honestly couldn't be happier with my choice. Not only were the extremely professional, friendly, and creative (all qualities you want in your wedding photographer!) I also found their... Read More photo-journalistic style to be exactly what I wanted on my wedding day. My two photographers, Bill and Jillian, captured every special moment I wanted and some I hadn't even realized I would have missed if they weren't there. At the end of it all, I had hundreds of photos I loved! Narrowing down my selections to fit in my wedding album was probably the hardest part. Overall I was completely satisfied with everything - from start to finish, TWA was the best experience I could have hoped for.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016

Note: This is not a review of the photographers; they are great. This is a review of the company itself. Also, please note that this experience is entirely within TWA contract, so pay attention to what you sign. Bottomline: The final amount that we ended up paying for TWA... Read More services and contractually obligated products was double what we thought we would have to spend. The time it took for TWA to release our digital files was over 1 year for our engagement session photos and 6 months for our wedding photos. MOST IMPORTANTLY: The company has a clause in their contract stipulating that any dispute or claim must remain confidential otherwise you will be subject to legal penalties. TWA applies that clause to negative feedback (i.e. if you had a poor experience and post a review, they will demand that you remove the review siting breach of contract). For those reasons among the others listed below, I would not use TWA again or recommend them to anyone. Engagement session: It was not a personalized experience and the photo shoot felt very generic. Additionally, we weren't able to get our digital files until after the wedding unless we spent more money on photo products. A few key points regarding working with the studio after the wedding: 1. Photo Release/Rewards Program - It took 6 weeks to see the photos from the wedding. We were required to go in for "the reveal" in person. We were told about the rewards program, which allows customers to earn free products and "early release" of your digital files depending on how much you spend on photo products. In total for the contractually obligated item we had to purchase, we spent about as much as we did on all of the services combined and still weren't eligible (based on rewards tier we earned) to get our digital files until 6 months after the wedding. Keep in mind that also included our engagement photos (which were over 1 year old at that point). Other companies/photographers that we've used in the past (including for a previous wedding) we received the digital files and rights to our photos as soon as editing was complete (max 4 weeks). 2. Bridal Album - We were contractually obligated to buy a bridal album. Most albums start at a price equivalent to photography services. The whole process of working with TWA to get our bridal album took about 4 months. The initial design can take up to 6 weeks; there is a review period to provide feedback (1-2 weeks) and then the process repeats. 3. Photo Product Processing Time (excluding bridal album) - Since we didn't get our digital files back immediately we ordered photo products from TWA to send as gifts. Prices were higher going through TWA than other companies that provide similar products. Additionally, it took over 5 weeks for TWA to make our four 11X14 canvas prints. We received little in the way of communication on expected time of completion. Additionally, my mother in law had to call to get her large photo print replaced 3 times before they got the cropping and retouching that was requested with her order done correctly. 4. Customer Service - This was by far my least favorite part of working with TWA. I provided feedback through their customer survey and I was then requested to provide additional feedback to expand on my survey responses. The responses I received back were TWA defending their current processes and blame for my own poor experience.

2016-07-11T11:58:11 Response from the vendor

Dear Pamela, Thank you for taking the time out to provide feedback on your experience. While I’m very happy to hear that you had a great experience with your photographer, I regret to hear that you feel you had a poor experience prior to and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Ryan B

We had the pleasure of working with 3 TWA employees on our wedding day; Luke, Jillian and John. All 3 helped capture our wedding day perfectly so we can look back throughout the years and be reminded of our special day. We have nothing but great things to say about TWA and... Read More would recommend their photo and video services to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Jodi A

We used Timothy Whaley for our wedding last month, and I honestly cannot say enough good things about them. From the first meeting we had with them at our consultation to our end stage now (wedding album production) all of their staff has been extremely attentive and helpful... Read More with the entire process. They really take the time to get to know you personally, and help you figure out what your photography style is. TWA hand picked our wedding photographer who fit right in with me and my husband. She met with us over dinner and really tried to figure out what was important to us and what we wanted captured for the day instead of just taking a lot of your traditional photos. (She took almost 2,000 pictures!) Because of Heather's flexibility and creativity, I have pictures from my wedding that I'm going to cherish for years to come.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Anna W

TWA was handed probably the most important task of anyone on our wedding day, as their photo and video is the way I will remember if for the rest of our lives. They went above and beyond our expectations! They were professional and kind from the moment we met with Deanne at our... Read More consultation, to our image reveal meeting with Amanda. Their photographers are true artists. I had both Jerry and Greg on our wedding day and the were spectacular. I also used TWA for video services, I decided on this very last minute and Deanne worked with me to help me fit it in my budget! Ricky, our videographer was great! Our video and photo were ready for viewing only 4 weeks after our wedding which was crazy fast! I would highly recommend TWA, it is DEFINITELY worth the money!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Savannah M

Tim Lappe and Nick Schilingo were awesome to work with! Tim came to our house and captured so many great moments between myself and the girls. Nick met with the guys at the hotel. They both captured so many great moments thoughout the whole day. Tim and Nick were easy going and... Read More great to joke around with too!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Katherine D

From the first consultation meeting to our current stage (wedding album production), we have been extremely happy with TWA! We absolutely loved working with Amanda for our engagement photos and the TWA team even put together a custom save the date for us! Everyone loved them and... Read More we knew we made the right photography choice. Jorge was our day of photographer and he was AMAZING. From his pose suggestions to his artistic eye, we loved working with him! I was in another wedding this past weekend and had a few people comment how much they missed Jorge and how incredible he was! Now that we are in the album production stage, the customer service is exceptional as it has been all along! Yes, the photography packages are pricey and the albums are even more pricey BUT you get what you pay for! I'm looking forward to our album and photos being something we treasure forever!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Amaris W

What an experience! I loved working with TWA and our photographer Tim. As a stressed bride, it was so relaxing knowing that my photographer understood my vision and even helped shape it into something better! Our results are better than amazing! Thanks TWA!!!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016

We had know problems with this vendor, we loved everything and had a great time without worries and troubles! We really recommend this vendor!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Chrystal C

From initial consultation through album purchase the customer service is superb! My photographer, Wally, went above and beyond to capture amazing and beautiful photos! When I reviewed the proof book there were some I hadn't even realized he had taken because he was so... Read More unobtrusive. There are also a variety of album options to fit all budgets. Truly an impressive job. I couldn't be happier with my choice in photographers!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Deanna

We had a great wedding day experience with TWA! Heidi, our photographer, was super friendly and made us feel incredibly comfortable. She had us laughing throughout the day, and had no problem giving my little brother a hard time, which was awesome! She took so many images, it... Read More was insane! She worked really hard to make sure that we took the pictures I had told her ahead of time were important to us. She was wonderful! We also had a great experience with the office staff. When we first came in, we met with Nick would was also very personable as well as extremely knowledgeable. He did not pressure us at all to sign with them or to increase our package or anything at all. We felt so comfortable working with Nick that when we met with our first suggested photographer, I felt completely comfortable contacting Nick and letting him know we would like to meet with someone else. That is not to say that the original photographer we met with wasn’t nice! He definitely was. We were just looking for someone with a super high energy level to match ours, which Heidi did perfectly. After the wedding, we worked with Amanda who worked tirelessly to help us get what we wanted for our canvases and photo album. She sent email after email with approvals until we were able to get things just how we wanted them. She was extremely dedicated and super easy to work with. The only suggestion I would have for people looking to book TWA for their wedding photographers is to have an idea of what kind of prints you want for canvases before the wedding day. We have so many fabulous images of us laughing and joking around, which we had expressed an interest in, but it has made it a little harder to choose our canvases. Let your photographer know what you are looking for and they will definitely step up the the plate.

Reviewed on 2/08/2016 Michelle R

Our photographer was great. Our photos are good. It just doesn't seem like we received all of the information from the beginning. I would just make sure that if you go with this company that you read every line of the contract and that you make sure you understand... Read More everything that your sales consultant is telling you with your initial meeting--**especially what it will cost for an album after the wedding and realistically how long it will take for you to receive your digital copies of the photos** It's a lot of information they throw at you in less than an hour and it's hard for you to know if everything was covered and fully understood. Just make sure everything is communicated clearly before signing.

2016-03-04T08:38:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review and we’re happy you had a great experience with our photographer! We agree that there’s a lot of information to go over in a consultation and we absolutely want to make sure that our customers fully understand what we have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/23/2016

Our photographer was Jerry Amber and he was amazing. We met with him and talked for hours about what I wanted with my pictures. He showed up on time and began taking pictures right away. Everyone in my party and family loved him too and thought he was fun to work with. I... Read More have already recommended Timothy Whaley to friends and one has booked with them.

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Megan S

From the first day we met with TWA, I have been very happy with everyone we have worked with for our wedding! I just can't say enough good things about this company. i loved that we were able to meet and talk with the actual photographers and really find our match. Mikhail did a... Read More fantastic job capturing our wedding from start to finish. He was early, prompt, and was very attentive to all the photo requests we made. The ladies in the business office were extremely helpful with any questions we asked and answers were given quickly. I love Timothy Whaley and Associates! I can't wait to have more photos taken with them in the future!