Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists

Chicago and Suburbs

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, After Party, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2008 09

4 Chicagoland Locations, Chicago, IL
Chicago and Suburbs

Reviewed on 1/29/2016

Since day 1 of us meeting with Timothy Whaley & Associates we had nothing but GREAT things to say! We actually booked with them on the first sit down meeting. They make everything so easy for you to understand and are very easy to get in touch with. You leave a message with... Read More them and within 24 hours you will either get an email or call back. The last thing that a bride or groom wants to deal with on their wedding day is to make sure your photographer(s) are doing their job....and let me say we had 2 (two) of them and both weren't just on time, they were both EARLY!!!!! My husband and I are both still in contact with the company: picking out our bridal album (which they make it very easy), getting our Thank You's ready, picking out our canvas cluster, etc. and I can give them a call/email at anytime and don't have to worry about them getting back to me!! (Oh, and my sister and brother in-law also used them over 5 years ago)

Quality all around!

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Andrea B

When I initially met with Timothy Whaley & Associates I felt like I was completely taken care of right from the start! The entire staff was extremely friendly and flexible. I was happy to learn that I would be matched with a photographer based on my style and needs. My... Read More photographer was awesome and fit in perfectly with my bridal group. She listened to our needs and had ideas for photos that really helped showcase my vision. Our second photographer did an awesome job capturing many candid, in the moment photos and again fit right in with our bridal group. I was so glad that I chose Timothy Whaley & Associates as my photographer and highly recommend their services. The quality of the photos turned out beautifully and I could not be happier!

Wonderful company, great experience!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Lindsay W

I found Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists right after I switched my status on Facebook to 'engaged'. I started noticing all the wedding ads and I got more and more curious about the different vendors. Shopping around for the right photographer seems like a shot in the... Read More dark sometimes. Everyone makes the same promises about taking care of you and making your day extra special. I am grateful to share my experience with other brides and to let them know that I have found people that live up to the promises they make- and surpass them. Right from the very beginning I could tell that Timothy Whaley was going to be perfect for my wedding. On our initial meeting, one of their out-of-the-box photographers was able to show us how they could best capture our wedding moments through their photo journalistic approach. He was so easy to talk to and we were on the same page from the beginning as far as what I wanted my pictures to look like and the 'vibe' I wanted to portray. He able to explain to me how their services are more of an investment in a relationship-than just supplying a product- that will pay off throughout our lives as we create new memories and grow our family. This is the kind of relationship I was looking for in trusting someone to capture all the best moments on my special day. I'm confident they will surpass anyone's expectations for photography as they certainly did mine. My pictures turned out better than I could imagine and I have received nothing but complements from other people about how wonderful they are. I can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kristen K

I have nothing but great things to say about TWA! From beginning to end, they were helpful and professional all the way through. I was able to choose a photographer that matched my style. Heather did an amazing job on our wedding day, and captured every moment perfectly. She was... Read More able to keep up with all of my friends and family and created fun poses/candids. The whole photography experience with TWA was fun, exciting, and stress free!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Kayla M

Pictures are everything. So when choosing a photographer we were very picky. After meeting with numerous companies, TWA stole our heart. They are extremely professional and their work is absolutely beautiful and top notch. They hold your hand throughout the whole process and... Read More never leave you feeling lost which is every brides dream. They didn't give me much stress and handled any bumps in the road with upmost respect and professionalism. The team listens well and they try to meet your every need. We had a special request to have a photographer that spoke Spanish for my husbands family and they couldn't have recommended a better photographer. Jorge was amazing and so easy to work with. Our second photographer was also amazing. She captured all the other moments we couldn't see. Even after the wedding, the process to get our photos was smooth. They don't let go of your hand until you have everything they promised and more. I highly recommend them!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Jessica D

Overall great experience! We decided to book upon initial consultation because of the great reviews. Our photographers Wally and Igor made our wedding day easy and fun for us. We met with Wally prior to the wedding to discuss what is important to us, what we'd like to capture,... Read More etc. We also had a great time with our videographer, Valdaz. We received over 1700 beautiful photos that truly captured our day perfectly. We are in the process of ordering our album and can't wait for the keepsake.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Seung L

I had such a wonderful experience with TWA from the consultation to the wedding photos. We had Heidi and Jason as our photographer and they were beyond helpful!! Our wedding day was the hottest day of the year and they were smiling all day!! I am going to let my sister/friends... Read More know about TWA for their wedding!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Rachel S

We had a great experience with our TWA photographers! Our primary photographer, Douglas, was so great to work with. He was one of the few people who made me feel *less* stressed out in the weeks leading up to the wedding! He really seemed to know exactly what he was doing, and... Read More he really put us at ease. Our pictures from that day turned out beautiful. We also had a photojournalist for part of the day included in our package, and she took some amazing photos as well. We haven't gotten the album and prints that we ordered just yet, but based on our experience so far I will definitely be recommending them to my friends.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Emily M

TWA was fantastic to work with from day one. They came highly recommended from others and they exceeded all of my expectations. All of the staff is extremely helpful and they are willing to go above and beyond. Palo and Kit are amazing photographers and it was a pleasure to... Read More work with them. TWA makes sure that everything goes perfectly and they make sure you have beautiful memories of your day that last forever! They are fantastic and highly recommended!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Katie P

TWA was a great experience from start to finish. I used them for my engagement and wedding photos. The photographer they recommended was perfect for us. She listened to what I wanted but also come up with some really creative poses for photos. We received tons of compliments... Read More from our family and friends on the photos as well. I would definately recommend this company as a whole too. They were always timely with responding to any of my emails or answering any questions I had. They have some promotions consistently going as well. I say you definately get what you pay for in a good way. This company and photographer was worth the money.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Brianna C

My fiance and I had a very poor experience with them at a Bridal Expo. My groom works a night shift and I work a basic 9-5 M-F desk job, but this was the only company we've been having trouble scheduling a consultation. When we said our only days we can do an in person... Read More consultation were a Friday evening or any time Saturday, he pretty much scoffed at us and started waving around the company's collective d**k on how "they're always booked up then" and how "they don't use sales people like 'most photography companies'" and "having seceral convenient locations around the Chicago area is enough." We have looked at several other photographers and all of them were very accommodating with our schedules, and pretty much all of them were photographers with the companies we were looking into that were on call back ups, which makes me concerned about how they handle the event of needing a back up photographer. In two instances some other photographers even went far enough to Skype with us to go over their packages. But no. TWA didn't even attempt to work with us like every single other photographer we have inquired about and was very rude about how inconvenient for *them* *we,* the potential clients, were being. It was super rude, unprofessional, and I'm glad we didn't have to waste too much time considering them.

2016-09-23T16:23:36 Response from the vendor

Brianna, We want to sincerely apologize if our show staff seemed rude to you. We would also like to clarify what should have been communicated. To provide a higher level of service, all of our Sales Consultants are also Photographers and given the industry, are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Karen K

Both of our photographers did such a wonderful job capturing the essence of the day. We were pleasantly surprised by some of the moments they were able to candidly capture at our ceremony and reception, and our guests continue to give us compliments on our photos. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Christy N

Honestly the photographers we had were great which is the only reason I'm giving them 2 stars but the way the company is run (through no fault of the employees, who were fine) is a total scam to make you pay more. Read the contract VERY carefully if you go with them. You'll be... Read More locked into buying a photo album (which cost about an extra $1000 on the low end) and they will also hold your photo files for six months (on top of the 3 months it takes just to order the album). They essentially hold your photos hostage for the better part of a year unless you spend more money ordering photos and products through them. Even then you're looking at about a 6 month wait. We were fine ordering the album (it's in the contract that's fine) but all we want is our photos and to not have to wait 9 months after our wedding to enjoy them. Save yourself the post-wedding headache and go with someone else. I just don't get how this company has been so highly rated.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Tia

I had 2 great photographers on the day of my wedding. I used TWA because they were on an approved vendor list for my ceremony. I also used TWA for my engagement session downtown which I was pleased with. I haven't seen my wedding proofs yet, but I feel like they took over 5,000... Read More photos that day! My main photographer's name was Wally he was excellent at making everyone laugh and follow directions at the same time. My second photographer's name was Jean she was also very sweet and creative throughout the day. I can't wait to see my proofs!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Tia

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Kristen A

The only thing I regret from my wedding day, was choosing TWA. I got married May 2015 and got my wedding album May 2016 and I STILL have yet to get my 'free' canvas print that was with our package. It's now been 16 months and I would not recommend them to anyone. They are... Read More terrible with communication. When I call, they pass me around to different people because they don't have answers, they don't email back in a timely manner. Overall, I'm just very unhappy with this company and won't be recommending them to anyone!

2016-09-26T09:17:26 Response from the vendor

We are very sorry to hear about your customer experience issues after the wedding and quite frankly, don’t blame you for being upset. The truth is, our employee dropped the ball on your account and that should not have happened. Please know that this has... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Kristin M

TWA was a joy to work with from the first consult to the end of our wedding day. Larry was absolutely phenomenal! I am so happy we used them to photograph our big day. We were able to meet with our photographer a couple months before our big day to iron out all the details.... Read More Larry was extremely easy to work with and stayed with us till the last song played on the dance floor. I would definitely recommend using TWA!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Mackenzie C

Our entire experience with this studio was phenomenal. I initially met with Nick for the consultation. He was willing to accommodate our needs. Our photographer was Joel and he was absolutely fantastic to work with. He was friendly, professional and well-prepared. He made the... Read More whole experience of being photographed a comfortable one. We love all the photos he took for us. We also had a photojournalistic photographer, Jean. She got many great shots as well. The process of creating our album was simple and fun with the help of the competent and friendly staff (We worked with Amy and Amanda). We would highly recommend this studio to any couple in the Chicagoland area!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

I only have good things to say about Timothy Whaley Photography i recently got married this past June and our photographer was wonderful and very professional he wanted to get the very best shots he arrived early and stayed until it was over i abslutely love my photos

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

Since day one of working with TWA we had an amazing experience! We had our wedding at the Brookfield zoo and it was just the most amazing experience we could ever ask for! We had 2 photographers all day with us and they captured the experience and every moment like we hoped... Read More they would. If you can request any one ask for Bill he was amazing to work with and got every shot we had hoped for and that many more! They are a little more expensive then other photographers that we had looked at but in the end they were worth every penny. The quality of the prints is amazing you won't find better quality or customer service anywhere! THANKS TWA

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Katie R

Where do we even start? We and our guests both LOVED our photographers. We received so many compliments on how fun and personable both Wally and Gregory were. They both hit it off with the bridal party immediately. Everyone felt so natural with them and they had us cracking up... Read More all day long. As far as the photos, we were blown away. We find it difficult to pick our favorites because there are so many. We loved our experience with Timothy Whaley and I would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Victoria E

Since our first meet & greet we were certain that we would choose them as our photographers. Eddie was great and very detailed with his explanation of the company and work. We booked that same day and are happy we did. We are picking our pictures for our album and even before... Read More the edits they are gorgeous! My husband and I highly recommend them. Jerry and Diana are photographers...Jerry is so fun but yet very professional. Helped our day go smoothly.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Holly H

Through every step of the process, TWA was professional, timely and (most importantly) produced beautiful work. Their prices are also competitive, so I feel we got a great value for the work. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

Timothy Whaley was absolutely amazing! They did everything we asked. Our photographer, Heidi, was great as well. She did wonderful with our huge wedding party and tons of family! Not to mention.... Our images turned out great and we got tons of perks!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Nina M

We worked with Jorge Medina and Deanne Homes. They were both amazing! Extremely friendly and easy to talk to. They both kept us on a schedule and made sure we were relaxed and enjoying ourselves. Very creative with their pictures. Allowed us to be more candid than posed. Deanne... Read More ran around getting us drinks and made sure we are besides taking beautiful pictures. I couldn't be more happy that we went with them!

Start a Conversation!