Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists

Chicago and Suburbs

Telling the Story & Capturing Emotion for 26 yrs.

"You captured every tender moment of that day and saved it for me and future generations." - Michelle & Joseph. TWA Photography captures your memories in a style that allows you to relive the story, romance, and emotion of your wedding day.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, After Party, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2007

5 Chicagoland Locations, Chicago, IL Chicago and Suburbs (888) 207-4686

Reviewed on 1/29/2016

Since day 1 of us meeting with Timothy Whaley & Associates we had nothing but GREAT things to say! We actually booked with them on the first sit down meeting. They make everything so easy for you to understand and are very easy to get in touch with. You leave a message with... Read More them and within 24 hours you will either get an email or call back. The last thing that a bride or groom wants to deal with on their wedding day is to make sure your photographer(s) are doing their job....and let me say we had 2 (two) of them and both weren't just on time, they were both EARLY!!!!! My husband and I are both still in contact with the company: picking out our bridal album (which they make it very easy), getting our Thank You's ready, picking out our canvas cluster, etc. and I can give them a call/email at anytime and don't have to worry about them getting back to me!! (Oh, and my sister and brother in-law also used them over 5 years ago)

Quality all around!

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Andrea B

When I initially met with Timothy Whaley & Associates I felt like I was completely taken care of right from the start! The entire staff was extremely friendly and flexible. I was happy to learn that I would be matched with a photographer based on my style and needs. My... Read More photographer was awesome and fit in perfectly with my bridal group. She listened to our needs and had ideas for photos that really helped showcase my vision. Our second photographer did an awesome job capturing many candid, in the moment photos and again fit right in with our bridal group. I was so glad that I chose Timothy Whaley & Associates as my photographer and highly recommend their services. The quality of the photos turned out beautifully and I could not be happier!

Wonderful company, great experience!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Lindsay W

I found Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists right after I switched my status on Facebook to 'engaged'. I started noticing all the wedding ads and I got more and more curious about the different vendors. Shopping around for the right photographer seems like a shot in the... Read More dark sometimes. Everyone makes the same promises about taking care of you and making your day extra special. I am grateful to share my experience with other brides and to let them know that I have found people that live up to the promises they make- and surpass them. Right from the very beginning I could tell that Timothy Whaley was going to be perfect for my wedding. On our initial meeting, one of their out-of-the-box photographers was able to show us how they could best capture our wedding moments through their photo journalistic approach. He was so easy to talk to and we were on the same page from the beginning as far as what I wanted my pictures to look like and the 'vibe' I wanted to portray. He able to explain to me how their services are more of an investment in a relationship-than just supplying a product- that will pay off throughout our lives as we create new memories and grow our family. This is the kind of relationship I was looking for in trusting someone to capture all the best moments on my special day. I'm confident they will surpass anyone's expectations for photography as they certainly did mine. My pictures turned out better than I could imagine and I have received nothing but complements from other people about how wonderful they are. I can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Mike T

Non-stop email spam. The worst!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Alix V

Great reviews originally prompted us to meet with TWA. After our first meeting, my husband and I immediately signed with the studio. We were paired with an amazing photographer, Joe, who made the experience painless. My husband and I told Joe from the beginning that we were not... Read More very creative, and would need direction in our photos to get the results we wanted. Joe helped the bridal party and my husband and I pose in the most flattering angles to allow us to capture the professional-type photos we were expecting. The photographers at TWA will assist with posing photos to the level that the couple prefers. They offer a totally customizable photography experience. I definitely recommend TWA to a busy bride (busy couple), who knows what they want, but don't necessarily have the time to worry about the details. Also, TWA's final products look amazing!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Natalie M

My husband and I are so happy we decided to use Timothy Whaley and Associates for our wedding! They were so easy to work with and always responded very promptly to any questions that came up during the process. Our photographer, Walter, was great. He made everyone feel... Read More comfortable and was so fun to work with! Not to mention, he took some amazing pictures :) We also had Igor as our photojournalist and he did great work, as well. We recently got our pictures back and love all of the moments the photographers were able to capture. Overall, we had an amazing experience with TWA!

2017-11-02T16:01:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review! We are so glad that you were amazed by your experience Natalie!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Marisa C

TWA was an exceptionally professional company. They took the time to sit down and go over the packages they had as well as give special promotions! Their staff is very polite and very easily reached. As for the day of, Jorge and Heather were Amazing! Both on time and very easy... Read More to work with! They got all the shots I imagined. They are a great team. My whole wedding party loved their time with Jorge and Heather, they were the perfect balance of fun and professional. We just got our prints back and they were even better then we hoped for! Thanks TWA for delivering the dream team!

2017-11-02T16:03:03 Response from the vendor

Glad to have been your dream team Marisa! Thanks for the review and your business!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Laurel M

TWA from start to finish were excellent to work with from the sales people to the photographers to the videographer. When putting together our budget for our wedding we agreed that the pictures and video would have the 2nd highest budget (besides the venue) since this would be... Read More the only way top capture our magical once in a life time day. TWA has several packages to work with any budget. We chose 12 hours of photography with 1 primary photographer and 1 journalistic as well as a videographer. This was the perfect package proven in the amazing pictures that we now have to cherish for the rest of our lives. We had constant compliments from our wedding party and our guests about the photographers and videographer. We also found that TWA was on the "preferred vendor list" provided by our venue. We would highly highly recommend using TWA. They are a big company with several professionals. You are sure to find a portfolio that shows that kind of pictures you are drawn to.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Marianne V

A friend recommend them to us and we did not look back since then. It was great that we got to meet and pick our photographer, one that fit our needs and personality. I was so glad that I chose Timothy Whaley & Associates as my photographer and highly recommend their services.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Lily M

Sal and Ernie were the most professional photographers that we have ever met!! They helped not only to take amazing pictures but also steered us in the right direction when we were confused and a little overwhelmed with the parents and guests at out wedding. We really loved... Read More having them there!! They truly made it a night to remember!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Lindsy B

If possible I would give 0 stars. I should have known from the beginning when a random guy from their studio called and gave me super cheap pricing and just wanted money up front without even meeting, but we were called by the company and assured that's not how they do business.... Read More Well that absolutely is how they do business. My fiancé and I had nothing but problems with this company. My fiancé made a mistake and sent a check that was $80 short and they emailed and called multiple time for the additional $80, when I had assured them it was in the mail (as we sent a check and we our wedding wasn't for another few months). Then there was a confusion with our two photographers, and when I asked for our second photographers name and phone number the man I spoke with would not provide me with the information, but I was told I needed to contact him. When I asked for a managers name and number the man also would not provide that to me either. Finally I said I was seeking a lawyer and 30 days before our wedding Timothy Whaley canceled our contract and sent us all of our money back. This is not a way to do business and planning a wedding is stressful enough that businesses should be making it easier, not harder.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Emilie S

Timothy Whaley was the first and only photography studio we met with. I did a lot of research online about different photographers before the meeting, and we felt so comfortable and confident with TWA after meeting them. Brad was very easy to work with and he took great photos.... Read More Our package was also very affordable. We had a small wedding (about 55 people), and they never pressured us to go with a bigger package that was out of our budget. I definitely recommend TWA!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Megan M

Timothy Whaley & Associates was beyond what we could have expected in a photography company. They know exactly what you are looking for and they make sure to offer a variety of services and plans that meet your specific needs. We had such a great feeling about TWA, we didn't... Read More even interview any other photographers. Throughout the process, they were extremely organized and detailed, pairing us with photographers who best matched our specific style. We met with our main photographer, Nicki, very early on in the process and narrowed down a timeline for the day that prepared me for many conversations with other vendors throughout the process. Nicki was always available and eager to get insight as to what exactly we expected from her. And on the day of the wedding, I have to say, he te continued that thoughtful and caring attitude and knocked it out of the park with our pictures! She knew every angle, every spot for a good picture, and she has such a calm, professional, and reassuring presence that she really made me feel more relaxed throughout the day! Nicki was BEYOND amazing, and when you have people like that on your team, it makes the whole day go so much better because you aren't worried about missing any details. We also had David as our storyteller photographer, and he did a great job, too! He found really cool angles and took a lot of great candid shots. Both of our photographers were great, the process was organized and streamlined, and all the staff we've encountered throughout the process were amazing. Thank you TWA!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Tori S

Jerry and Kit were a blast to have at or wedding. They did a wonderful job orchestrating pictures as well as standing back and getting some more candid pictures. We cannot wait to see how they all turned out!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Alyssa K

TWA was incredible from start to finish. I cannot thank them enough for the incredible work they put into our day. From the very beginning, they were so attentive to our photography needs. We spent so much time discussing our photography style and what we were hoping for. They... Read More were always so quick to respond and so easy to talk to. The day of was perfect from start to finish. They knew how to efficiently capture beautiful images and knew how to make sure everyone was always ready to go. Douglas and Deanne went above and beyond for us, even during the monsoon that was our wedding day! I am so completely happy that we chose TWA and could not have asked for anything more! I know our the memories from our amazing day have been captured in beautiful images.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Traci K

When you think about rain on your wedding day, you're not thinking about history making rain - or rain that never stops over a 12 hours time span except for 45 minutes during cocktail hour. After mass, we had 35 minutes for church pictures for two huge families. Deanne made... Read More sure every picture we wanted was taken, the wedding party boarded the bus and off they for more pictures. With a timeline that kept slipping due to dealing with umbrellas and mud and what not, we could have a disaster. But we didn't!! Deanne and Douglas made our day bright and beautiful. They embraced the chaos and masses and worked their photography magic! They kept calm and helped everyone look their best. They offered direction and allowed for ideas, providing a give and take approach to the day. To handle that type of mess with a wedding party of 16 and parents and relatives takes a lot of patience and expertise! We can't wait to see our photos and would recommend TWA to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Ashley P

Everything has been wonderful working with TWA. Professional, beautiful photos, talented and easy to work with photographers. All around great service ! And so many compliments so far on our photos.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Richelle P

My wedding was on 8/26/18 and I am so unbelievably happy with the out come of my pictures! Jorge and nick were my photographers and they were so great to work with! They really captured every single moment! All the pictures were amazing I’m havif such a hard time picking which... Read More ones I want for my album I love them all! Also Rex was my videoagrapher for my big day and he was just great every time I saw him he right there capturing and videoing everything! I can’t wait to see the video! I highly recommend Timothy Whaley for your special day you won’t be disappointed I promise!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Christie L

My experience with TWA was nothing short of wonderful. We were hooked after our first meeting and every company we met with after TWA did not compare. We had a long engagement and in the 18 months that led up to our wedding we had no communication issues with the company and... Read More always felt informed. The week before the wedding I talked to everyone on the phone that was going to be playing a part in our wedding day and they were all very pleasant and prepared. Jerry was our main photographer for the day. This man is full of personality and did what he had to do to get the right shot. The first time I saw him on our wedding day was while I was getting ready. He walked into the room and it was instantly like every bridesmaid and family member had known him for years! He stayed out of the way, but still managed to get unbelievable shots. Jerry picked a location for our pictures between the ceremony and reception and it was absolutely beautiful. I left it up to him to find this location and he did not disappoint. He made jokes while he shot and made everyone laugh and feel comfortable. At the reception, he was available whenever we needed him. He blended right in on the dance floor and I honestly did not even notice he was there- but the pictures turned out great! Kit was our photojournalist and again- great to work with. She introduced herself to me right before I walked down the aisle and made sure to find me before she left for the evening to say goodbye. She did a great job of shooting different angles than the main photographer and catching so many fun candid photos. Rex was our videographer. I have not seen our video yet, but I have no doubt that it is going to be absolutely great! Rex made sure to introduce himself as soon as we arrived at the church and was also full of compliments! Talking to him on the phone before the wedding was such a great experience- he seemed just as excited about the wedding as we were! That was something I will never forget. The sales team has also been great through the entire process. In the beginning it may seem like prices are a little high, but after meeting with other photographers we realized that everything was pretty comparable. Plus- for the work that they do and all the things that are included in your package, TWA is worth the money!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Katie N

Love working with this studio! They have a super helpful staff and beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Elisabeth D

Incredible experience all around! From the office staff to our absolutely phenomenal photographers, I could not be more happy that we chose TWA as our wedding photographer! We highly recommend them to anyone searching for amazing photography at a fair price. Big thanks to them... Read More for capturing our day so beautifully!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Michelle W

Larry Fox was our photographer from TWA and he did a phenomenal job on our engagement and wedding photography. He was professional, fun, and took the time to get to know my husband and I. He made the pictures seem effortless and helped us corral the family at the appropriate... Read More times without taking hours out of our wedding day. I would highly recommend TWA with their many options for packages and their professional service. One of the few services where you get to meet your photographer ahead of time!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Alexandra W

Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists were absolutely incredible. Their team captured the most beautiful moments from our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Stephanie A

We used TWA as our wedding photographer and could not be happier! We chose a two photographer package, Jorge was our storyteller (main) photographer and Greg was our second photographer. Both Jorge and Greg were on time to all locations and prepared for our wedding day. They... Read More both made a point to communicate with me directly the days before the wedding to verify times and locations which I appreciated. Jorge is incredibly talented and personable, he was so easy to work with. Our pictures turned out amazing and we have so many good ones to choose from it made selecting images for our album difficult! We look forward to using TWA for future photo shoots :)

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Amanda H

I highly highly recommend them!! I got married in july and from the beginning the took care of everything and stayed in contact with me throughout the whole process! We had two photographers and our pictures could not of come out any better. I had absolute no problems or issues... Read More with hem at all! VERY FLEXIBLE AND UNDERSTANDING ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!