Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists

Chicago and Suburbs

Telling the Story & Capturing Emotion for 24 yrs.

"You captured every tender moment of that day and saved it for me and future generations." - Michelle & Joseph. TWA Photography captures your memories in a style that allows you to relive the story, romance, and emotion of your wedding day.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, After Party, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2007

4 Chicagoland Locations, Chicago, IL
Chicago and Suburbs

Quality all around!

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Andrea B

When I initially met with Timothy Whaley & Associates I felt like I was completely taken care of right from the start! The entire staff was extremely friendly and flexible. I was happy to learn that I would be matched with a photographer based on my style and needs. My... Read More photographer was awesome and fit in perfectly with my bridal group. She listened to our needs and had ideas for photos that really helped showcase my vision. Our second photographer did an awesome job capturing many candid, in the moment photos and again fit right in with our bridal group. I was so glad that I chose Timothy Whaley & Associates as my photographer and highly recommend their services. The quality of the photos turned out beautifully and I could not be happier!

They told a beautiful story

Reviewed on 2/22/2013 Avita D

I had two photographers: Palo & Nick S. They did a wonderful job capturing our day. I was so happy to see the photos and re-live our wedding day! They are fast and professional...my proofs were ready in 2 weeks! Amazing :) They are truly worth the money & they have a lot of... Read More freebies to take advantage of. The staff at each location is attentive and caring. They strive to meet your needs and make sure you are happy with the quality of service!

Wonderful company, great experience!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Lindsay W

I found Timothy Whaley Photographic Artists right after I switched my status on Facebook to 'engaged'. I started noticing all the wedding ads and I got more and more curious about the different vendors. Shopping around for the right photographer seems like a shot in the... Read More dark sometimes. Everyone makes the same promises about taking care of you and making your day extra special. I am grateful to share my experience with other brides and to let them know that I have found people that live up to the promises they make- and surpass them. Right from the very beginning I could tell that Timothy Whaley was going to be perfect for my wedding. On our initial meeting, one of their out-of-the-box photographers was able to show us how they could best capture our wedding moments through their photo journalistic approach. He was so easy to talk to and we were on the same page from the beginning as far as what I wanted my pictures to look like and the 'vibe' I wanted to portray. He able to explain to me how their services are more of an investment in a relationship-than just supplying a product- that will pay off throughout our lives as we create new memories and grow our family. This is the kind of relationship I was looking for in trusting someone to capture all the best moments on my special day. I'm confident they will surpass anyone's expectations for photography as they certainly did mine. My pictures turned out better than I could imagine and I have received nothing but complements from other people about how wonderful they are. I can't thank them enough!

Wedding Review.

Reviewed on 1/21/2016

Bill Jaeger in the business office and Abel the photographer work hard to make TWA successful. I would suggest asking for Abel.

Absolute Perfection!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Kaitlin F

As a bride-on-a-budget (under $15k for EVERYTHING for the wedding), it was important for me to determine the most important aspects of the wedding which deserved the most investment. My two choices for that were catering and photography. We had a unique, small wedding of 75... Read More guests on a rooftop in Chicago on May 23, 2015. Our initial consultation was very low pressure and very impressive. We were shown multiple albums that showcased the various photography styles of the staff they employed. We booked that day (securing special discounts & add-ons for doing so) and met with our photographer (selected based on our consultation preferences) just a few weeks later. Palo was very laid back and we knew he'd be a perfect addition to our wedding day. The months leading up to the wedding included timely reminders from TWA about upcoming payments for the payment plan they helped set up for us which was super helpful. Day of the wedding: Palo was, in fact, a perfection addition to our intimate wedding party. He helped us select some prime Chicago locations and captured so many beautiful moments. We very much enjoyed his overall demeanor and manner of working. My husband hates posing for pictures and Palo kept it quick, relaxing, and fun for both of us when we took our staged photos around the city and at our venue. To this day, my husband and I will still recite what became Palo's signature direction for many of our posed photos: "Look at me. *click* Now, look at her. *click* Now look at him. *click* Kiss kiss *click* Alright, one more, he he he! *click*" It kept us laughing all afternoon! We had so much fun. Once the ceremony started, we hardly noticed Palo the rest of the night. He kept himself in the wings but was always close enough when we wanted to grab a family member or two for a posed shot during the reception. Since our ceremony and reception were outside, Palo also provided some great outdoor lighting that didn't get in anybody's way and really added dramatic effect to some of our most gorgeous nighttime photos. Following the wedding, TWA sent us some teaser photos a few weeks after the wedding which were gorgeous and wonderful to forward to close friends and family. A couple months later, we viewed our proofs, chose our album selections, and set up a new payment plan all with the utmost ease either at a TWA studio or online. They make the entire process incredibly easy. I only had one payment processing error come up with TWA but they resolved it quickly and easily. Although this was definitely the most expensive investment of our wedding, it was certainly worth it. Our wedding album from TWA will last a lifetime. Since I was a bride-on-a-budget, we opted not to have photo booth or video services which honestly, we don't feel we needed given the hundreds of gorgeous photos we will eventually get access to. It takes almost a year from your wedding date to get digital access to all your proofs. But, as all things have been with TWA, it's worth the wait. Also, we now get one free studio portrait session every year for life since TWA likes to treats their customers like family with these special perks. It's easy to see why this company has some of the best ratings, reviews, and awards. They truly are the best of the best. Thank you for everything, TWA!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Elizabeth W

We booked TWA for our Cincinnati based wedding. We made the decision pretty early on in the process to use their services, and they were great about giving us a really good plan for a good price. Since they contract out photographers, 4 months before the wedding, the photography... Read More let me know he would no longer be shooting our wedding. Even though I had a mini-panic attack, the management worked swiftly to find us replacement photographers. This was the best thing that could've happened because our photogs turned out to be great and worked really well to see our vision. The only complaint is you don't have rights to your photos, so we had to purchase printed out photos ($10/piece) from our engagement session (~$200), instead of being able electronically receive many of them. This is a great company to work with because they have lots of experience!

Not what I expected

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Danielle R

We didn't get the photos we wanted at the venue. All photos were taken in the ceremony hall and none in the beautiful building we were in. No spontaneous cute poses, none of my husband and his mother. None me with the groomsmen or my husband with brides maids doing something... Read More fun. Given the reputation, we expected more. We found them here on the Knot. Maybe it was just our photographers.Their studio has beautiful portraits and witty posses, none of which we got. It was a struggle to find photos we liked to make our expensive wedding album that you have to purchase. We got better shots of the day from those who attended. Then our wedding dvd didn't work. Have yet to see the fixed version.

Captured the Day!

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Sophia W

I had two photographers from TWA and they were great to work with and captured the day perfectly! The package of photography was reasonably priced and we were able to purchase/pay for our wedding album after the wedding. The customer service was excellent always available. I... Read More love the proof book of over 1,000 pictures that I can look through to select pictures. We were married in an old catholic church in Chicago with several rules for the photographers and the TWA photographers knew all the rules as they have done many catholic weddings in Chicago and even with those rules they were able to get all of the special moments during our ceremony. I highly recommend having 2 photographers for the entire day as there is just so much going on. We had mentioned to our photographer that we wanted to get a few sunset pictures so he watched for the perfect moment and came to get us at our reception to take us outside quickly to get sunset pictures which turned out great! I highly recommend. The pictures are the memories that you have after the day is over so DEFINITELY worth the cost!!

TWA was the best choice Heidi was amazing!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 heather o

TWA Lombard was the first place we visited during the wedding photographer selection process. After we left the consultation we immediately knew this was the place. They stand behind their work and their photographers. The part that stood out was we were able to meet our... Read More photographer and make sure we were comfortable with him/her upon selecting the company. They selected a photographer they felt would best suit my fiancé at the time and I. We met with Heidi and hands down could not be happier! In case we didn't feel comfortable with her we had the opportunity to switch to a different photographer. Heidi was the best! All of our guest made the point to tell us how great she was as well! Highly recommend TWA!

July 4th Wedding

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Lizzy K

We picked TWA very early on in the wedding planning process because of some of the incentives we received (free engement session, canvas of wedding photos, and mini albums). We liked our photographer Douglas, and we are still waiting to see our photos. (We are at 5 weeks after... Read More the wedding) Unfortunately, the wedding album was not already included and will be quite expensive.

2015-08-14T17:11:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review Lizzy! We checked the status of your proofs, as 5 weeks isn’t typical. A lot of time and care goes into the proofing process after your wedding. We adjust density, tone, clarity, exposure, saturation, dynamic range, color highlights and mid-tones,... Read Less Read More

Amazing from Beginning to End!

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 Jen F

I can not even begin to say how wonderful my experience was with TWA photography. We set up our consultation and met Nick who was polite and professional. There was an incentive to book the day of the consultation and he politely excused himself from the table so that my... Read More fiance and I could discuss if we wanted to book. We did and from that point forward it was one of the best decisions we had made. Nick checked in periodically to be sure we had everything we needed. The assistants working in the office were extremely helpful any time we needed something. The day of the wedding came and both of our photographers exceeded expectations. They stayed behind the scenes but captured some of the most amazing moments. They were professional and helpful and SO knowledgeable about the right poses and pictures to take. I highly recommend TWA - I promise you will not be disappointed!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Brenna N

They were amazing throughout the entire process, from the very first meeting to the last dance! I am so looking forward to seeing the way the photos have turned out. Our photographer Tim was a pleasure to work with and I am so pleased with the way the whole day went. I feel... Read More that he was able to capture our energy and give us the best possible experience. Thank you Tim!!!

Amazing Service!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Diamond M

I used TWA videography for my June 13th wedding and could not have been more pleased. From the time I signed the contract, to the pre-event consultation, to the end of my reception,they were very efficient. My videographer Rex was Amazing. He was very organized and a lot of fun.... Read More I will definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Paying it Forward

Reviewed on 2/25/2015 Alicia N

I was referred to Timothy Whaley & Associates by a friend of mine who got married three years before I did. My (now) husband and I became engaged 1 year and 11 months before our wedding and probably booked TWA about a month after we did. From the day we came in for our... Read More consultation through the wedding itself, and even now that we are in the midst of putting together our bridal album, they were phenomenal. They are so friendly and helpful, and more importantly, willing to work with you to ensure the road leading up to the big day is stress free so that the big day itself will be nothing short of magical. My photographer and videographer were two of the nicest guys and exercised extreme patience, especially with our large wedding party of 16 people, plus the bride and groom. My husband and I were elated to look through our pictures and to watch our video and we were thoroughly impressed with the quality. Our video was available to us probably a month or so after the wedding (which I thought was super fast) and our photos were able to be viewed around the same time. I've already recommended their services to recently engaged friends of mine because I was so happy with their work. Our wedding day was everything I could have hoped for by itself and thanks to TWA, I have beautifully captured memories to look back on.

Out of Focus

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Jay U

TWA was a referral and a company that put its best foot forward with our initial consultation. Everything was a struggle. What's the point of a contract if the customer has to facilitate it. It took three (3) digital specialist and a manager to complete our order. Their lack... Read More of interest in us was extremely disappointing. I wish I left the photos with them and walked away instead of paying an additional $900+ to get out of the contract and away from this company.Their accolades listed on The Knot were no where to be seen. Be sure to save all your correspondence with them. We cannot recommend this antiquated company and we will not be using them again. I wish I checked their reviews on Yelp prior to hiring them. http://www.yelp.com/biz/timothy-whaley-and-associates-lombard http://www.yelp.com/biz/timothy-whalley-and-associates-chicago?osq=Timothy+Whaley+%26+Associates

Amazing Photos

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 MILAGROS M

I would like to take the time and say if anything lasts from a wedding its the photos that will last a lifetime. I had 2 photograpers one was great Tim Lappe the other one was ok. Overall the price for everything is little high but the quality of the photos are worth it.... Read More Amanda has been amazing to work with during my wedding book album process.

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Talia S

Our photographer was fantastic! Mikhail was friendly and efficient. He was able to conduct all of the picture taking with ease and moved the portraits along so that we were able to get everyone in. He took photos of all the details before we could even ask and he was pleasant to... Read More work with. We used a second photographer as well, who helped snap all angles. He kept the mood light and helped ensure we got pictures from every angle. We didn't feel like the pictures were too stuffy, despite being posed.

Jorge Medina

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Thomas G

We were able to book TWA very late in the game after our original photographer fell through. They were incredibly helpful, and the first step they took was to inform us that Jorge Medina would be performing photographic services for our wedding. Jorge did a fantastic job.... Read More Not only was he extremely professional, but he was very easy to get along with. We would recommend TWA to anyone who is looking for photojournalistic services for their wedding. Jorge was visible when he needed to be, but never overbearing. We cannot wait to see how our pictures turned out!

TWA is fantastic for your wedding day

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Rachel L

My wedding took place on 7/26/2014 in Milwaukee, WI. Leading up to the big day was very easy with Timothy Whaley. They had great offers when we signed our contract and I loved that they let us interview photographers to decide who would be best for our wedding. It was great to... Read More get to know the photographer, Jerry, ahead of time and and we had a couple meetings with him. Jerry was a fantastic photographer and really lisetened to everyting we wanted to capture on our wedding day. The experience with him was truly a personal one and the guests/bridal party LOVED Jerry. All of the staff at Timothy Whaley has been great to work with and I already have so many compliments on how great our wedding photos turned out. We are so happy with the results!

Very Professional!

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Robin N

Working with Timothy Whaley photography was wonderful! They were organized and easy to communicate with. Our photographer was fantastic and took beautiful pictures. They were also very affordable in comparison to other photographers in the area.

Options galore

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 Scott B

We had such a great experience from our very first meeting with Timothy Whaley. They were very thorough and personable when we met for our initial meeting. They have so many options for pricing and photographers. We selected 2 photographers - a photo journalist for the whole day... Read More and another photographer for a few hours. This worked out great...the 2nd photographer was there during the ceremony and to help with formal shots, but our photo journalist captured the candid shots and was with us through the entire event. We haven't seen the finished product yet, but in terms of them being friendly, professional and working with our ideas, we couldn't be happier! The BEST part was they had ALL of the formal wedding shots done and over with before our reception began...my groom and I were free to mingle the entire time at the reception. My guests commented about how friendly the photographers were and how they would take any picture(s) that were requested of them. We are excited to see the pictures.

Magic Mike

Reviewed on 6/24/2014

My son and new daughter had hired TWArtist to photograph their wedding. All I can say is "UnBeLeivABLE" - "WoW" - "FANtasTIC" - "AweSoMe". The day began at the Raddison Blu hotel when Micheal arrived in the bride's suite. He immediately demonstrated professionalism upon... Read More entering - and began his magic. Everyone was in awe of how he posed the bride, blended the bride's personal things and maneuvered about the crowded room. We proceeded to South Branch / 100 S. Wacker and he managed to demonstrate his talent once again only this time most everyone commented how beautiful his photos seemed and they how they couldn't wait to see the outcome. I must "Thank" TWAphoto for matching my son's/daughter-in-law with such a fun and energetic photographer. Thank you - thank you - thank you...

Encapsulated our day forever

Reviewed on 2/16/2014 allison c

Timothy Whaley provided exceptional services. Our photographer, Mikhail, was punctual, courteous and thorough. We are pleased with our photographs and will enjoy them for years to come!

Bang for your buck!

Reviewed on 2/02/2014 Erin S

Everyone at Timothy Whaley was super helpful and willing to do whatever it took to make sure we had everything that we needed/wanted on our special day. They were very professional, friendly, and attentive!

Great service, great people!

Reviewed on 1/29/2014

TWA was the only company I looked at when researching for a photographer. I enjoyed my first consultation because they really got to know you. I appreciated that because we were matched with a perfect photographer who met our requirements. My photos are beautiful and everything... Read More I hoped for. My photographer was fun, out going and creative. My wedding was in December and we braved the cold and had amazing photos taken in the snow. I highly recommend TWA if you want a more personalized experience and to also continue to work with professional staff during the album making process.