To Make Beautiful - Wedding Day Makeup / Hair

Boston, Massachusetts, Boston North Shore, Southern NH

Wedding Day Makeup - Hair -Skin -Lashes

Congratulations on your engagement!! This is not just A wedding, it's YOUR wedding. So we personalize your makeup and hair exactly to your personality and your entire wedding theme. 12+ years in the industry doing weddings so leave the stress up to us, we will make your day relaxing, yet fun and BEAUTIFUL as well as makeup and hair that LASTS all night! If quality, experience, professionalism and fun is what you are considering for your wedding day, then we are your team! We are preferred vendors of numerous Boston area photographers and venues. Our website lists all pricing and wedding day prep services and if you have any questions about pricing, details please don't hesitate to call or email us! We hope to be a part of your day!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Waxing, Spas, Beauty

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100

468 Main Street, Stoneham, MA Boston, Massachusetts, Boston North Shore, Southern NH (781) 454-8415

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Kasey S

I don't even know where to begin - Kim is amazing! I got married last month in Gloucester and Kim and her team traveled to the hotel and did hair & makeup for the entire bridal party! Everyone looked absolutely gorgeous! Kim and her team do amazing work - they are so nice and... Read More will do anything to ensure you are happy and feel good! Not to mention Kim does so much more: waxing, eye lash extensions, facials, etc. and being the bride you get special discounts! I was able to get a few facials before my wedding and I normally hate getting facials because of a bad experience in the past but Kim's facial was amazing! I wish I could go once a week ;) I would definitely recommend booking Kim and her team for any of your wedding needs! You won't be disappointed and you will look gorgeous!

2016-09-02T21:05:03 Response from the vendor

LOVE YOU!! Don't give up on skincare! you still get your 20% off!! All the best on the new married life! xo

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Nanci G

On February 27th 2016 I was lucky to have had Kim Bowen create my look as my makeup artist for my wedding at the Cruiseport in Gloucester, MA. I have known Kim for 5 years now and have actually been part of her team as a hair stylist the past 3 and a 1/2 years. From the moment I... Read More met her she's taken talent, professionalism, creativity and an upbeat attitude to a new level. As crazy as I can be when it comes to my makeup Kim NAILED IT. Both the trial and day of were absolutely awesome experiences. Kim listens so thoroughly to what you are looking to create for a look and is extremely responsive to your feedback and suggestions.... She is eager to make you truly look and feel beautiful! I felt like a Barbie doll the day of my wedding. I never In My life have felt more confident, gorgeous, sassy and sexy!!!! . She was on time, efficient, friendly and charismatic from first encounter to last. Any bride in search of an artist should stop and book now!!! You wont regret it! Kim and her team are capable of creating any look, modern, classic, yet no matter what you choose, BEAUTIFUL!!!! Not only am I proof but my three bridesmaids and mother are as well!!!! She made me feel comfortable and at ease the whole time! I almost knew ahead of time that I was going to look PERFECT. Kim's kindness, and professionalism won't disappoint not to mention EXTREMLY REASONABLE prices!!!! I have found a life long makeup artist and am so thrilled! Five stars if I could give 6 I would :) -Nanci Pappas

2016-03-16T13:11:57 Response from the vendor

AWWW Nanci! xoxo THANK YOU!!You were stunning and I appreciate this long, heartfelt review..

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Kate K

I recently got married this past October and was lucky enough to work with Kim from To Make Beautiful. From the trial to the wedding day Kim was attentive, kind, talented and a pleasure to work with. Kim did my grandmother, my mother, my sister, my two best friends and myself... Read More and every single one of us were so happy with our makeup and the attention Kim gave each one of us. Kim is such a good listener and a wonderful person and artist. We didn't want Kim to leave!!! We wanted her to stay for the whole evening! Kim is not only a phenomenal makeup artist but she is also a lovely woman. I would recommend her to ANY bride. She made our wedding day even more special.

2014-01-20T09:00:30 Response from the vendor

Katie!! I can't wait to see you again. Let's go for that hike soon! All the best in your new marriage.

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Franca R

Kimberlee and her team did the makeup for our daughter's wedding in December, 2017 and I cannot recommend her enough! She is all that you could ask for in a beauty professional. First, she is artful. She immediately understood the look my daughter was going for and she executed... Read More it perfectly. She's masterful with a brush and she understands color perfectly. Second, she is a true professional. She and her colleague arrived at our home early and they both paid full attention to the bridal party the entire time they were here. They listened carefully to preferences, gave valuable advice, and did not stop working until every single person was delighted with their makeup. Third, she's delightful to work with. She's kind, patient, and celebrates everyone's beauty. She was one of the stars of our vendor list! I'm very happy to give "to Make Beautiful" the highest possible scores and to recommend them very, very highly.

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Chelsey P

I wish I could give Kim more than 5 stars! She went totally above and beyond. She is incredibly responsive, genuine, wonderfully talented, and her prices are extremely reasonable. I loved how comfortable she made me, the mothers and my bridesmaids feel. She listened to their... Read More wants and not only made everyone look stunning but made them actually FEEL beautiful! Many of my ladies were hesitant to have professional makeup but they were all so pleased with the results. Going above and beyond, we got married the day after a big snow storm and Kim called the night before to make sure I wasn’t stressed and to let me know she’d come a bit earlier than planned to relieve any extra stressors. I can’t recommend Kim enough!

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 Ashley H

Kim is the best!! My best friend used her for her wedding a couple of years ago, so she did my makeup as a bridesmaid at that point and did such a phenomenal job. So, when I just got married in September I asked my friend for her information. I had such a great experience!!... Read More Kim really knows what she is doing. She talks with you and looks at pictures you like to get a sense of the style you are going for. If you want her opinion she will give it and explain why she is thinking it. Yet she will still make any changes you would like. I called her with a couple of things not long before the wedding that were different from the trial and she was happy to go over them with me to understand what I was thinking. Kim literally sat on the phone with me sending pictures back and forth to each other. It is easy to tell she truly just wants you to be happy and look/feel beautiful for your big day. Kim really is amazing to work with! I would highly recommend her to any one and use her for any event I might need my makeup done for!!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Lana F

Kim was fantastic! From my trial to the wedding day she was always available to discuss ideas with quick responses and feedback. The day before the wedding she helped to keep the stress away by updating me on timing and instructions for the day of. Not only is she incredibly... Read More sweet and kind, but her makeup speaks for itself. It was everything I could ask for, I didn’t have to worry about it all night, and it felt light and comfortable. Her hairstylists were all fantastic as well. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Jenn B

Love love love! Kim and Jackie did an amazing job with myself, 8 bridesmaids, my mom AND her best friend! They came right on time to our AirBnB in Mattapoisett, Ma. and worked to make us beautiful! After my trial I was leaning toward airbrush, but Kim helped me to make the... Read More game-time decision to go with the Glo-minerals products instead and I couldn't have been happier with my look! She also provided us with a hair team to do all of the up-dos and even a small blow out. I can't say enough about Kim and her team! Thank you so much!

2018-01-02T14:23:57 Response from the vendor

LOVE YOU! xoxoxo all the best in the married life!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Rosalee G

Loved working with Kim and her girls. They came recommended to me by my venue (Cruiseport Gloucester) and I'm so happy we went with them. They were accommodating, friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic about their work. They made me and my girls feel beautiful. Thanks ladies!

2018-01-02T14:24:28 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure! thank you so much for trusting in the Cruisport's recommendation! Wishing you all the best in your new married life!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Stephanie T

I cannot rave enough about Kimberlee and her team. They did my and my 9 bridesmaids and my families makeup for my wedding and did a spectacular job! Some bridesmaids had concerns on lashes and coloring and everything turned out perfect. Everyone looked gorgeous! Kimberlee and... Read More her team were so sweet and made getting ready so stress free. We had some many people and they were perfect about planning timing and working around our schedule for the day. I cannot recommend them enough!

2018-01-02T14:25:25 Response from the vendor

Aw!!! THANK YOU so much.. YES, planning timing is one thing I am a stickler about. It's important for your photos and the rest of your day! Wishing you all the best in your new marrried life..

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Janine S

Kim is AMAZING! I had a hard time finding a makeup artist that still made me look natural and like myself until I went to Kim for a trial. She is professional, upbeat and so TALENTED. I loved my makeup, the makeup for all the bridesmaids, my mother, and mother-in-law. Besides... Read More looking great everyone felt comfortable which was important to me. Makeup was done onsite at our hotel venue, which was very convenient. I highly recommend Kim and To Make Beautiful!

2018-01-02T14:26:28 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU! It was my pleasure to make everyone feel and look amazing! We love coming out to make things convenient for brides. Who wants to spend extra time traveling?? All the best in the new married life!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Chelsea M

My bridal party is not an "easy to please group" and truly everyone was so thrilled with how amazing our hair and makeup looked. My aunt really appreciated you doing a quick touch up later on too (she had her hair done earlier in the day and Kim was there right before the... Read More ceremony to make sure EVERY ONE OF US looked Great!) You both just went the 'extra mile' for us which was very much appreciated. We highly recommend Kim and Angela.

2018-01-02T14:28:43 Response from the vendor

aww THANK YOU for this!! YES, If I see something isn't perfect, ( even if it's hair) I try to fix it.. Going the extra mile for a big important day is expected, so that's why we do it! And thank you sooo much for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Jennifer J

A+! Highly recommend! I first met Kim in 2012 when she was the makeup artist for a wedding I was in. I was so blown away by how amazing my makeup came out that I recommended her to all of my friends! So far, Kim has done my makeup 4 times; 3 times when I was a bridesmaid and... Read More once for a special occasion. Each time my makeup was gorgeous and flawless! I've also gone to Kim for facial and brow waxing services. I can't recommend her enough! If you want a makeup artist who will make you look and feel gorgeous for your special day or occasion; Kim is your girl!! I can't recommend her enough!!

2018-01-02T14:29:46 Response from the vendor

I LOVE YOU! And I love seeing you at all of these weddings!! I can't thank you enough for choosing us.. Happy 2018! Wishing you an amazing married life!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Leslie W

Kim and her team (Nicole and Angela) were absolutely fabulous! I had been a bridesmaid where To Make Beautiful did the hair and makeup, and I knew I had to have them on my wedding day! Their work is stunning - hair and makeup! My maid of honor had never liked anyone who did... Read More her makeup before and she absolutely LOVED her makeup and was so happy. Not only do they do great work, but they are fun to hang out with! They add to the excitement and fun getting ready! How you look and feel on your wedding day lasts for a lifetime, and To Make Beautiful played such a special role for me to help make the day perfect.

2017-09-06T16:19:51 Response from the vendor

awww!!! Thank you! Your mom was a riot !! haha can't wait to see the photos. ALL THE BEST on your new married life!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Katelyn H

Kim is simply the best! Besides her amazing work, she is fun, energetic, and so easy to work with! Kim & Jen traveled to my parents house to do the make-up for my bridal party, mom, and grandmother. Everyone's make-up looked stunning! Both Kim & Jen did a beautiful job. And... Read More additionally, we enjoyed having them spend the day with us! I would give To Make Beautiful MORE than 5 stars if I could. I highly recommend them for wedding services! Thanks again Kim!!!

2017-08-17T17:09:34 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Cassandra N

I cannot recommend Kim and her team enough!! My bridesmaids and I had an outstanding experience. I was not fully sure what I wanted for make-up (don't wear make-up regularly) and Kim was able to take my few queues and give me more than I thought possible. I actually had done two... Read More trials before my trial with To Make Beautiful and cannot say enough that this was the best choice for me and my bridesmaids. I had to do my trial 6 months prior to the actual day but Kim and her team remembered exactly what worked for me and my preferences. Day of, Kim and her team are so positive, energetic, flexible, and fun. I had 8 total women getting their hair and make-up done which could've dragged but it was wonderful. All of my bridesmaids mentioned how wonderful the team was and beautiful they made everyone look and feel. Thank you all again!! Cannot wait to share pictures when they arrive.

2017-09-06T16:21:21 Response from the vendor

OH WOW! Thank you for this!! It's important that we listen to what people are asking for and not just choose OUR favorite looks for people! All the best on your married life!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Katie O

We had an outstanding experience with Kim and her team. Jennifer and Phaleen did the makeup for our wedding on May 27, 2017 at the Hawthorne Hotel. Everyone looked stunning! Not only did all of the bridesmaids look beautiful, but each of their looks fit them perfectly. Jennifer... Read More and Phaleen were a pleasure to spend the day with. Jennifer did my makeup trial, and my mom's makeup trial, and 100% understood the look I was going for. Kim is wonderful. I went to her for facials and eyebrow waxing before our wedding. To Make Beautiful treats their brides like queens! I could not be happier with the service provided by Kim and her team.

2018-01-02T14:31:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you sooo much for this!! YES Jen and Phaleen are an amazing asset of our team. I'm so happy you felt like a queen, as you should!! Any time you need more skinare, waxing come on in. You will always get 20% off of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Fan W

Had a fantastic service from to make beautiful. Doesn't hurt to leave a couple more words even though it already has so many five star reviews. I didn't directly have service from Kim, but she is very efficient and prompt with replying and handling all the logistics. Big shout... Read More out to Nanci who replied to me 4am on my wedding day, and listened and incorporated all my opinions about my trail. She is a hair wizard - very skillful and awed my mom with the most complicated yet elegant hair style. (My mom is pretty good at making hair herself so usually is not easily impressed.) Phaleen is so sweet - she talks like a big sister and gives very genuine suggestions on how to improve my makeup. I can't thank her enough to put up with my unexpected wedding schedule and finished my face perfectly under the pressure of camera. She is also very detail oriented. We had a conversation about colourpop lip gloss. She remembered that I liked the color piranha and even got me one for extra coat for my wedding makeup, which is very thoughtful and sweet.

2018-01-02T14:33:14 Response from the vendor

OH WOW! Thank you for this review!! It really is important for Nanci and Phaleen and I so appreciate you taking the time to identify them!! They are a very important part of our wedding team!! We wish you all the best in the new... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Mary K

WOW! What else can I say? Kim, Debbra, and Tay exceeded my wildest expectations and made my entire bridal party feel like movie stars. Not only was our make-up impeccable, but the girls stayed to help us reapply lip color, blot our faces while we took pictures, and help pin... Read More corsages! They made me feel calm and collected before I walked down the aisle. My sister hired them for her wedding in September and we are all thrilled to be working with them again!

2018-01-02T14:34:13 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU So very much for taking the time to write this review!! I can't tell you how much it means for brides to remember us and the little details that make us stand out.. Happy 2018 and come in any time for 20% off... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Karen A

I cannot say enough positive things about Kim & Kasey. They are AMAZING, absolutely phenomenal. They worked with people aged 3 to 73 at my wedding and made every single person feel and look beautiful in their own way. And they aren't just amazing at what they do, which they are,... Read More they are also wonderful, sweet, kind people. You cannot go wrong hiring them. I cannot recommend them enough!!

2018-01-02T14:34:57 Response from the vendor

AWWW This is awesome!!! haha 3-73 that's a few generations!! I LOVE IT!! all the best on your married life and thank you for chosing us! xoxo

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Amanda T

Kim and Ashley are the best!!! We all were so happy with our makeup and hair! Kim took the time to talk with each girl before doing their makeup and truly brought out the best features in all of us! She is fun and funny and we loved having her spend the day with us and help us... Read More all get ready! Ashley did all of our hair and she did an amazing job! We were all getting compliments on our hair and makeup all night! Ashley even managed to get 3 little one's hair to stay in place ALL day and night! THANK YOU BOTH! They are awesome and also traveled to our location! Very professional and talented- I can't say enough good things about our experience!

2018-01-02T14:35:54 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for this review! Ashley is such a talent!! It was our pleasure to be a part of your day!! It's almost your anniversary too! xoxoxo

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Marielle R

Kim did my wedding on 12/10/16. She was super professional and easy to talk to! When I started to get my makeup done it began to hit me that I was really about to get married. She made me feel very at ease! Originally, I told Kim only a few bridesmaids would be doing makeup,... Read More however, the day of most changed their minds and also wanted their makeup done! Kim was super flexible and was able to make everyone look gorgeous!!! During our trial she accommodated my schedule and did a fantastic job!! I would and already have recommended her to friends!!

2018-01-02T14:37:02 Response from the vendor

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! We love when people see our work and decide to hop on the bandwagon!! I'm so happy to know I was able to help you emotionally too! That means so much. Happy 2018 !! Thank you for haivng us!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Sonia B

Kim and Val were extraordinary at zeroing in the overall aesthetic of the wedding while still staying true to the tastes of the individuals in my wedding party. Through hair and makeup, each person looked their best selves but also looked like themselves! As the bride, I had the... Read More distinct privilege of feeling the most beautiful that I have ever felt because the talent and expertise of these artists made it so that they were able to work with my often very temperamental hair and skin so that my look could last all night! They were also incredibly fun to work with as people, and were immensely professional.

2018-01-02T14:37:47 Response from the vendor

We love this review!!!! And happy anniversary!! You were so amazing, Still love looking at your photos!! xoxox happy 2018

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Amanda T

Kim did both mine and my mom's make up for my wedding and she was AWESOME!! From the first time I met her at the trial to wedding day she was so attentive and fun to work with. My make up looked stunning and my mom (who never wears make up) looked beautiful but still like... Read More herself. Would definitely recommend Kim!!

2018-01-02T14:38:34 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU!! I love when mom's feel amazing!! It's sometimes intimidating because so many makeup artists put too much makeup on moms. We want EVERYONE to feel amazing!!! happy 2018

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Brieanna G

Kim, Kim, Kim. She is truly one of a kind. Not only is she incredible at what she does, she is someone who is so genuine and easy to work with. We got married this past August at Beauport Hotel and couldn't have asked for better. From our first phone meeting, to my trial on my... Read More birthday to my wedding day, she put me at total ease. I told her I wanted to look like a "doll bride", silly I know, but she totally got it. :) She has a talent that you will not find anywhere else, and made everyone look and feel their absolute best. I can't thank her and her assistant enough, everyone absolutely loved her. I wish I invited her to my wedding, she is a blast! Thank you again Kim, I can't wait to come visit for a spa day and to pass along to future brides to book you!

2016-12-18T10:46:45 Response from the vendor

HAHA love it thank you!! I loved being a part of your day.. You can invite me to another party! xoxoxoxo

Kimberlee Bowen

Kimberlee is a Master Esthetician, Laser Tech, Lash Tech as well as the owner of, " to make Beautiful". She has done makeup for T.V. shows such as ,Long Lost Family. HOUZE TV, NECN as well many company videos, billboards in the Boston area. The team at to make Beautiful is a team of experienced Cosmetologists, Estheticians and Makeup Artists and is sure to make you look and feel confidant on your big day! Making people feel confident is what drives her to ensure clients are 100% happy with anyone on her team!