To Make Beautiful - Wedding Day Makeup / Hair

Boston, Massachusetts, Boston North Shore, Southern NH

This isn't just a wedding, It's YOUR wedding!

January & Feburary 2018 Brides - Bridesmaids can save $20 on hair and makeup!! Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for considering us. This is not just A wedding, it's YOUR wedding. So we personalize your makeup and hair exactly to your personality and your entire wedding theme. 11+ years in the industry doing weddings so leave the stress up to us, we will make your day relaxing, yet fun and BEAUTIFUL! If quality, experience, professionalism and fun is what you are considering for your wedding day, then we are your team! It's not just about the cost of the service, it's about the reliability, experience, education, professionalism and the way you feel when we work with you. Please don't hesitate to call or email us directly!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Waxing, Spas, Beauty

468 Main Street, Stoneham, MA Boston, Massachusetts, Boston North Shore, Southern NH (781) 454-8415

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Kasey S

I don't even know where to begin - Kim is amazing! I got married last month in Gloucester and Kim and her team traveled to the hotel and did hair & makeup for the entire bridal party! Everyone looked absolutely gorgeous! Kim and her team do amazing work - they are so nice and... Read More will do anything to ensure you are happy and feel good! Not to mention Kim does so much more: waxing, eye lash extensions, facials, etc. and being the bride you get special discounts! I was able to get a few facials before my wedding and I normally hate getting facials because of a bad experience in the past but Kim's facial was amazing! I wish I could go once a week ;) I would definitely recommend booking Kim and her team for any of your wedding needs! You won't be disappointed and you will look gorgeous!

2016-09-02T21:05:03 Response from the vendor

LOVE YOU!! Don't give up on skincare! you still get your 20% off!! All the best on the new married life! xo

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Nanci G

On February 27th 2016 I was lucky to have had Kim Bowen create my look as my makeup artist for my wedding at the Cruiseport in Gloucester, MA. I have known Kim for 5 years now and have actually been part of her team as a hair stylist the past 3 and a 1/2 years. From the moment I... Read More met her she's taken talent, professionalism, creativity and an upbeat attitude to a new level. As crazy as I can be when it comes to my makeup Kim NAILED IT. Both the trial and day of were absolutely awesome experiences. Kim listens so thoroughly to what you are looking to create for a look and is extremely responsive to your feedback and suggestions.... She is eager to make you truly look and feel beautiful! I felt like a Barbie doll the day of my wedding. I never In My life have felt more confident, gorgeous, sassy and sexy!!!! . She was on time, efficient, friendly and charismatic from first encounter to last. Any bride in search of an artist should stop and book now!!! You wont regret it! Kim and her team are capable of creating any look, modern, classic, yet no matter what you choose, BEAUTIFUL!!!! Not only am I proof but my three bridesmaids and mother are as well!!!! She made me feel comfortable and at ease the whole time! I almost knew ahead of time that I was going to look PERFECT. Kim's kindness, and professionalism won't disappoint not to mention EXTREMLY REASONABLE prices!!!! I have found a life long makeup artist and am so thrilled! Five stars if I could give 6 I would :) -Nanci Pappas

2016-03-16T13:11:57 Response from the vendor

AWWW Nanci! xoxo THANK YOU!!You were stunning and I appreciate this long, heartfelt review..

BEST EXPERIENCE

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Kate K

I recently got married this past October and was lucky enough to work with Kim from To Make Beautiful. From the trial to the wedding day Kim was attentive, kind, talented and a pleasure to work with. Kim did my grandmother, my mother, my sister, my two best friends and myself... Read More and every single one of us were so happy with our makeup and the attention Kim gave each one of us. Kim is such a good listener and a wonderful person and artist. We didn't want Kim to leave!!! We wanted her to stay for the whole evening! Kim is not only a phenomenal makeup artist but she is also a lovely woman. I would recommend her to ANY bride. She made our wedding day even more special.

2014-01-20T09:00:30 Response from the vendor

Katie!! I can't wait to see you again. Let's go for that hike soon! All the best in your new marriage.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Jennifer J

A+! Highly recommend! I first met Kim in 2012 when she was the makeup artist for a wedding I was in. I was so blown away by how amazing my makeup came out that I recommended her to all of my friends! So far, Kim has done my makeup 4 times; 3 times when I was a bridesmaid and... Read More once for a special occasion. Each time my makeup was gorgeous and flawless! I've also gone to Kim for facial and brow waxing services. I can't recommend her enough! If you want a makeup artist who will make you look and feel gorgeous for your special day or occasion; Kim is your girl!! I can't recommend her enough!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Leslie W

Kim and her team (Nicole and Angela) were absolutely fabulous! I had been a bridesmaid where To Make Beautiful did the hair and makeup, and I knew I had to have them on my wedding day! Their work is stunning - hair and makeup! My maid of honor had never liked anyone who did... Read More her makeup before and she absolutely LOVED her makeup and was so happy. Not only do they do great work, but they are fun to hang out with! They add to the excitement and fun getting ready! How you look and feel on your wedding day lasts for a lifetime, and To Make Beautiful played such a special role for me to help make the day perfect.

2017-09-06T16:19:51 Response from the vendor

awww!!! Thank you! Your mom was a riot !! haha can't wait to see the photos. ALL THE BEST on your new married life!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Katelyn H

Kim is simply the best! Besides her amazing work, she is fun, energetic, and so easy to work with! Kim & Jen traveled to my parents house to do the make-up for my bridal party, mom, and grandmother. Everyone's make-up looked stunning! Both Kim & Jen did a beautiful job. And... Read More additionally, we enjoyed having them spend the day with us! I would give To Make Beautiful MORE than 5 stars if I could. I highly recommend them for wedding services! Thanks again Kim!!!

2017-08-17T17:09:34 Response from the vendor

AWWW THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!! xoxo we can't wait to see photos! ALL THE BEST ON THE NEW MARRIED LIFE!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Cassandra N

I cannot recommend Kim and her team enough!! My bridesmaids and I had an outstanding experience. I was not fully sure what I wanted for make-up (don't wear make-up regularly) and Kim was able to take my few queues and give me more than I thought possible. I actually had done two... Read More trials before my trial with To Make Beautiful and cannot say enough that this was the best choice for me and my bridesmaids. I had to do my trial 6 months prior to the actual day but Kim and her team remembered exactly what worked for me and my preferences. Day of, Kim and her team are so positive, energetic, flexible, and fun. I had 8 total women getting their hair and make-up done which could've dragged but it was wonderful. All of my bridesmaids mentioned how wonderful the team was and beautiful they made everyone look and feel. Thank you all again!! Cannot wait to share pictures when they arrive.

2017-09-06T16:21:21 Response from the vendor

OH WOW! Thank you for this!! It's important that we listen to what people are asking for and not just choose OUR favorite looks for people! All the best on your married life!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Katie O

We had an outstanding experience with Kim and her team. Jennifer and Phaleen did the makeup for our wedding on May 27, 2017 at the Hawthorne Hotel. Everyone looked stunning! Not only did all of the bridesmaids look beautiful, but each of their looks fit them perfectly. Jennifer... Read More and Phaleen were a pleasure to spend the day with. Jennifer did my makeup trial, and my mom's makeup trial, and 100% understood the look I was going for. Kim is wonderful. I went to her for facials and eyebrow waxing before our wedding. To Make Beautiful treats their brides like queens! I could not be happier with the service provided by Kim and her team.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Fan W

Had a fantastic service from to make beautiful. Doesn't hurt to leave a couple more words even though it already has so many five star reviews. I didn't directly have service from Kim, but she is very efficient and prompt with replying and handling all the logistics. Big shout... Read More out to Nanci who replied to me 4am on my wedding day, and listened and incorporated all my opinions about my trail. She is a hair wizard - very skillful and awed my mom with the most complicated yet elegant hair style. (My mom is pretty good at making hair herself so usually is not easily impressed.) Phaleen is so sweet - she talks like a big sister and gives very genuine suggestions on how to improve my makeup. I can't thank her enough to put up with my unexpected wedding schedule and finished my face perfectly under the pressure of camera. She is also very detail oriented. We had a conversation about colourpop lip gloss. She remembered that I liked the color piranha and even got me one for extra coat for my wedding makeup, which is very thoughtful and sweet.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Mary K

WOW! What else can I say? Kim, Debbra, and Tay exceeded my wildest expectations and made my entire bridal party feel like movie stars. Not only was our make-up impeccable, but the girls stayed to help us reapply lip color, blot our faces while we took pictures, and help pin... Read More corsages! They made me feel calm and collected before I walked down the aisle. My sister hired them for her wedding in September and we are all thrilled to be working with them again!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Karen B

I cannot say enough positive things about Kim & Kasey. They are AMAZING, absolutely phenomenal. They worked with people aged 3 to 73 at my wedding and made every single person feel and look beautiful in their own way. And they aren't just amazing at what they do, which they are,... Read More they are also wonderful, sweet, kind people. You cannot go wrong hiring them. I cannot recommend them enough!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Amanda T

Kim and Ashley are the best!!! We all were so happy with our makeup and hair! Kim took the time to talk with each girl before doing their makeup and truly brought out the best features in all of us! She is fun and funny and we loved having her spend the day with us and help us... Read More all get ready! Ashley did all of our hair and she did an amazing job! We were all getting compliments on our hair and makeup all night! Ashley even managed to get 3 little one's hair to stay in place ALL day and night! THANK YOU BOTH! They are awesome and also traveled to our location! Very professional and talented- I can't say enough good things about our experience!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Marielle R

Kim did my wedding on 12/10/16. She was super professional and easy to talk to! When I started to get my makeup done it began to hit me that I was really about to get married. She made me feel very at ease! Originally, I told Kim only a few bridesmaids would be doing makeup,... Read More however, the day of most changed their minds and also wanted their makeup done! Kim was super flexible and was able to make everyone look gorgeous!!! During our trial she accommodated my schedule and did a fantastic job!! I would and already have recommended her to friends!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Sonia B

Kim and Val were extraordinary at zeroing in the overall aesthetic of the wedding while still staying true to the tastes of the individuals in my wedding party. Through hair and makeup, each person looked their best selves but also looked like themselves! As the bride, I had the... Read More distinct privilege of feeling the most beautiful that I have ever felt because the talent and expertise of these artists made it so that they were able to work with my often very temperamental hair and skin so that my look could last all night! They were also incredibly fun to work with as people, and were immensely professional.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Amanda T

Kim did both mine and my mom's make up for my wedding and she was AWESOME!! From the first time I met her at the trial to wedding day she was so attentive and fun to work with. My make up looked stunning and my mom (who never wears make up) looked beautiful but still like... Read More herself. Would definitely recommend Kim!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Brieanna G

Kim, Kim, Kim. She is truly one of a kind. Not only is she incredible at what she does, she is someone who is so genuine and easy to work with. We got married this past August at Beauport Hotel and couldn't have asked for better. From our first phone meeting, to my trial on my... Read More birthday to my wedding day, she put me at total ease. I told her I wanted to look like a "doll bride", silly I know, but she totally got it. :) She has a talent that you will not find anywhere else, and made everyone look and feel their absolute best. I can't thank her and her assistant enough, everyone absolutely loved her. I wish I invited her to my wedding, she is a blast! Thank you again Kim, I can't wait to come visit for a spa day and to pass along to future brides to book you!

2016-12-18T10:46:45 Response from the vendor

HAHA love it thank you!! I loved being a part of your day.. You can invite me to another party! xoxoxoxo

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Bethany K

Having Kim and her wedding team do the make-up and hair for myself, my wedding party and some family members was the best decision ever! They are all so friendly, talented and we were all happy with the results. I would highly recommend To Make Beautiful to any bride looking for... Read More educated and skilled make-up artists and hair stylists!

2016-12-18T10:47:57 Response from the vendor

YEAAAh THANK YOU FOR THIS!! We love being a big part of brides day.. THANK YOU for having us!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Paula A

Kim and Nanci were fantastic!! From the trial to the wedding day and in between, they were responsive and easy to work with! The hair and make up looked beautiful and I really appreciated that they took the time to listen to what I wanted. The makeup looked beautiful, but very... Read More natural. My mom and aunt also had make up done that day, and they looked fantastic and got compliments throughout the night. Nanci did a wonderful job with the hair! She hadn't met the bridesmaids previously, but worked with each on to create the look they wanted. My hair stayed in place despite all the dancing! Couldn't be happier to recommend To Make Beautiful!

2016-12-18T10:47:25 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU SO MUCH. Nanci and I so enjoyed being a part of your day!! xoxoxo

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Kristen M

Kim is amazing at what she does! She was great trying different things for my trial and made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Hannah G

Kim and her team were absolutely amazing to work with! From my trial to engagement pictures to the wedding, each appointment was so fun and my makeup was flawless. I love how natural yet perfect all of our makeup looked! I would highly recommend Kim and her team for any special... Read More event!!!

2016-12-18T10:48:29 Response from the vendor

I'm thrilled to have been a part of your day! THANK YOU SO MUCH, and hope to see you soon! xo

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Valerie B

I found Kim and her team after my first wedding hair and makeup trial with another vendor went terribly. I am so happy that I did! From the start Kim was great to work with and really listened to what I wanted and let me try out a few looks until we got it right. On my wedding... Read More day Kim did my makeup and Diana did my hair. They also brought a couple other girls along to help get the other 9 girls in the wedding party ready. I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. Everyone was great to work with and it was a pleasant environment for all us girls to get ready in. I felt beautiful and loved the hair and makeup for myself and the rest of the wedding party. I was a little nervous about my hair and makeup lasting all night long, but it wasn't an issue at all. I highly recommend Kim and her team!

2016-12-18T10:49:14 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU!!! LOVE big weddings. So much fun. so many personalities make it that much more fun!! So happy you can attest to it lasting all night! xoxo

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Annie W

Kim was absolutely wonderful to work with! When I first began researching makeup/hair specialists for my wedding day, I emailed a bunch of those top-rated on the Knot. I was impressed with Kim's immediate responses to all of my questions and her excitement to work with me.... Read More From the moment of meeting Kim at my trial, I was confident she would stick to my vision and make me a more natural, classic bride. Val, too, was amazing with my hair and created the most elegant soft bun. They came bright and early, along with hairstylists, Diana and Jaqui, to beautify me, my mom, my 6 bridesmaids, and 3 Jr. bridesmaids, all in 3 hours. All of my girls were ecstatic with their looks, and we had the most fun chatting with Kim's team. Truly, they made the start to my big day the most special! Many, many thanks!!!

2016-09-02T21:03:04 Response from the vendor

Awww!! xoxox all the best!! So fun so early!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Meghan K

Everything about To Make Beautiful was fabulous for me and my bridesmaids. Kim is so friendly and super responsive. I reached out to her when I was in a tough situation after a cancellation from my original hair and makeup artists and she made a bad situation better than I could... Read More have ever thought! With little time to spare, she told me not to worry and that her make up artist, Jen, and hair stylist, Ashley were available on my wedding day. A few days later I went in for a trial, loved them and their work, and booked them right away. On the day of the wedding Jen and Ashley were so, so awesome. They were very friendly, professional, and enjoyable to have. Everyone loved their own hair and makeup and looked amazing. Although they were not my hair and makeup artists from the beginning, I am SO incredibly glad I ended up in their hands because they made me look better than ever and I would book them again for anything else!!

2016-09-02T21:04:11 Response from the vendor

SO welcome! We love making every bride's day. THANK you so much for this review! All the best!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Meghan K

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Dana T

If Kim isn't already booked for your wedding, BOOK her ASAP! I truly can't say enough how wonderful it was working with her throughout the whole wedding planning process. She really listened to what I wanted and executed it perfectly. I felt like the best version of myslef on my... Read More wedding day and isn't that what every bride wants?! Another added bonus was her perfect timing and making sure everyone was done by the time the photographer got there. All and all, Kim is a true professional and I guarantee you will be in good hands with her on your wedding day.

Kimberlee Bowen

Kimberlee is a Master Esthetician, Laser Tech, Lash Tech as well as the owner of, " to make Beautiful". She has done makeup for T.V. shows such as ,Long Lost Family. HOUZE TV, NECN as well many company videos. Making people feel confident is what drives her to ensure clients are 100% happy with anyone on her team!