Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

5702 Industry Lane, Frederick, MD (301) 663-9090

Spectacular Flower Company!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Rafaela S

I cannot express enough how impressed I was with this flower company. I told Matt Aspey that I wanted something super simple for the ceremony and reception. I didn't see any of the design until I walked down the aisle with my father. Everything was so beautiful. I couldn't stop... Read More staring at everything during the ceremony and the reception. We added a memorial table just a few days before the wedding and Matt did a wonderful job decorating. He captured exactly what I was picturing in my mind just from us speaking on the phone. My and my girls bouquets were phenomenal! Everything was so fresh and smelled wonderful! I'm so happy that I went with this floral vendor.

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Ashley C

Matt was great to work with. His flowers were beyond anything we could have expected. He was so easy to work with and after bringing in some pictures, he was able to create a stunning bouquets, centerpieces, aisle embellishments, and flowers for our arbor we got married under.... Read More The "bouquet sneak peak" is AMAZING. It was so great to see the flowers, before the big day. It allowed for perfection! I would 100% recommend this place!!

The best florist hands down!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Kristy H

To all the brides out there - you can stop searching for the perfect florist because you've just found him! Matt and his team at To The 9's did an amazing job at my wedding. I'm an event planner so uber type A by nature. Matt's impeccable taste and ability to listen to brides... Read More and, in turn, create stunning floral designs is truly a gift. It is always nerve wracking to hand over control to a vendor when you want everything to go so perfectly. To the 9's was the only vendor where I didn't think twice about what I was getting into. Thank you To the 9's and congrats to the brides out there!

Great job!!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Donna G

We used Matt at To The 9's for our wedding just 2 weeks ago. He did an amazing job! At first I wasn't sure how it would turn out as it's hard to visualize but it all came together to be absolutely breath taking. His arrangements were stunning! He went above and beyond. Great... Read More job!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/13/2014 Catherine B

My sister and I both used Matt for our weddings, so I got to see his beautiful work twice in one summer! We both gave him minimal direction (other than some pinterest photos and colors) and let him work his magic. The results were spectacular! He is an artist with great... Read More taste, and I truly recommend listening to his opinion and trusting his judgement. I appreciate that he paid attention to the reaction I gave at our centerpiece preview and was not satisfied until he could tell I was 100% happy. So many guests commented on his tasteful, beautiful arrangements. Such a great value.

Spectacular Floral Arrangements

Reviewed on 9/11/2014

To The 9s provided us with spectacular floral bouquets and table arrangements for my daughter's wedding. The arrangements were packed tightly with the freshest and most fragrant flowers. Matt was fun to work with and very creative in making the bride's vision a reality. He... Read More also calmed us down and promised that even if there were a snow storm during our winter wedding, he'd be there with the flowers. When it actually looked like it might snow, Matt reserved a hotel room close to the venue just in case. How many florists would do this? To The 9s was the best florist I have ever worked with (and I've worked with a great many). I will always remember the magnificent flowers at my daughter's wedding.

A must call brides!! Gorgeous, Creative & Fun!

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Samantha N

I could not have asked for more on my special day! Guests are still raving about how gorgeous the flowers were that day. Matthew is such a talented man and fun to work with! He made my decision making easy, helped me get the most for my budget and took care of all the details... Read More from set up and delivery to tear down. Anyone in the Frederick/ DC /MD area looking for florist make sure you contact To the 9's for your next event!!

Fabulous Floral Design!

Reviewed on 8/29/2014 Mimi M

One of the best decisions we made when planning my daughter's wedding was to choose Matt Aspey (The The Nines) to do the flowers. He is an absolute pleasure to work with, and goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding flowers are gorgeous. One of the reasons why we chose... Read More To The Nines was because a month before the wedding Matt will show you a sample brides bouquet and a centerpiece. As you order your flowers perhaps even a year before the event it is easy to forget what you had ordered and this gives you an opportunity to tweak the design if needed. We found this service invaluable. On the wedding day we had so many guests rave about the beautiful centerpieces that Matt designed - they transformed the tent into a floral wonderland and were worth every penny! I would highly recommend having a consultation with Matt - you won't regret it.

Beautiful Wedding Flowers!

Reviewed on 8/28/2014 Katie a

It's been over a month since our wedding day and my mother-in-law is still talking about how beautiful our wedding flowers were! Matt Aspey, the owner, really knows what he is doing and is willing to dive into the bride's vision: he even spent time going through my pinterest... Read More page! I was so thrilled with how the flowers came out, and I surprisingly became emotional when Matt handed me my bridal bouquet because it was so perfect! Our wedding pictures turned out beautifully, in large part, because Matt designed such beautiful bouquets and the other floral arrangements. I highly highly recommend To the 9's for your wedding day!

Floral Perfection

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Emily C

To the 9s was instrumental in making my wedding exactly what I had imagined and more. I contracted To the 9s for my June 2014 wedding and could not be happier with the service and finished product. Upon first speaking to Matt, I instantly felt comfortable and assured that I... Read More found the right florist. After our initial meeting and design discussions I fell in LOVE! Matt was extremely respectful of the vision I had and made it come to fruition with his wealth of knowledge and creativity. Matt offered a trial so my husband and I could see a sample of the bridal bouquet and the centerpieces. This put both of us at ease and only heightened our anticipation for the final product. Matt made sure that we were receiving exactly what we had asked for. The day of the wedding delivery was prompt and seamless. I appreciated the attention to detail and pride that was taken to make this part of our wedding day perfect. My bridal bouquet and centerpieces for the wedding were exquisitely constructed! My husband and I received so many compliments and inquiries about them. I could not have been more pleased with To the 9s. I consider myself a lifelong client and have since recommended them to all of my friends and family.

Beautiful Flowers and Great Service!

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Kime W

To the 9's was recommended to me by a friend who was getting married two weeks prior to me and I couldn't be happier with my flowers! The price was very reasonable, service was great - Matt is very easy to work with - and my arrangements were exactly what I had envisioned. Matt... Read More was very responsive and even made last minute updates that I had requested. I have one minor negative and that is I had asked for no pink in the bouquets and there was one or two pink flowers in the bridesmaids bouquets. But the bouquets were so beautiful it didn't matter! If you want quality flowers, and someone who understands your vision at a reasonable price, then Matt is your guy!

Breathtaking work! Couldn't have asked for a better florist.

Reviewed on 6/08/2014 Anna D

We were so happy to find Matt at To the 9's! He came highly recommended by our venue very early on in our planning at Antrim 1844, and that came at no surprise once we finally met him. In addition to his beautiful shop, Matt himself is a breath of fresh air. He's extremely... Read More attentive, friendly, fun and easy going, and very much stood out amongst the crowd as someone we'd be lucky to work with. From the first point of discussion to our sample meeting, to the day of, Matt and his team did not disappoint. His creativity and commitment to quality meant that our ideas to match our vintage style wedding easily came to fruition, with a style that is gorgeously unique -- and all at our budget. During our sample meeting, the preview of my bouquet and our table arrangements was very much on point to what we'd see on our wedding day. He even offered last minute assistance to help us put up a curtain at the archway under which we'd get married. This was a project we were going to "DIY" and I'm so grateful we had Matt's help. Our big day was quite windy and all of his work stayed beautifully intact. Once the big day arrived, our guests commented to us and our families about the wonderful statements our arrangements made. The quality and freshness of the flowers was incredible, too. As a bride, seeing all the details can be difficult, but his work caught my eye at every turn. I couldn't have asked for a better experience from beginning to end! Thanks again Matt! --Anna Deleo

LOOK NO FURTHER! THIS IS YOUR FLORIST!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2014 Rachael S

I may be an overly happy, elated bride (as my wedding was last weekend), but I am also a professional event planner in DC by trade. I have worked with MANY florists, vendors, etc in my 8 years as a planner, and Matt at To the 9's is one of the best florists AND vendors I have... Read More ever had the pleasure of working with both personally and professionally! Knowing a lot about event design and costs, I was a bit anxious contacting florists, as I knew my vision would be costly, and a little outside the box. However, from the first email exchange with Matt, I was never anxious again - just super excited. He understood my vision right away, and developed other ideas which expanded on my design that just simply wowed me. Throughout the planning process, Matt was extremely communicative, responsive, and open to my many changes and new ideas. (He handled my very opinionated mother quite well I might add :) ). At the bouquet & centerpiece trial (which is an exceptional and beneficial perk to working with To the 9's), we changed up what the bridal bouquet would look like, so we weren't sure what the end result would be at the wedding. We didn't have to worry, as he understood exactly what I was talking about, and the actual bouquet was gorgeous. Though working with Matt throughout the process was a dream (seriously, one of my favorite vendors during the planning stages), it was the quality of the work at the wedding that blew us all away. Matt took my vision and turned the floral design into a cohesive, yet budget friendly event. You will NOT be disappointed in selecting To the 9's - in fact, you will feel relieved and less stressed almost instantly :). Thank you again, Matt!!

Most.Beautiful.Ever.

Reviewed on 1/03/2014 Elizabeth S

"I will remember your flowers. They might be the only wedding flowers that I ever remember, but they were the most beautiful I've ever seen." - Wedding Guest We gave Matt quite a challenge. I had an ivory lace dress and wanted a more muted palette, but along the way had... Read More picked vibrant bridesmaids dresses. My mom loves soft flowers, but I prefer texture. I could not visualize the flowers that were going to tie this all together for our rustic chic wedding, but Matt is brilliant. He listened carefully, he talked us through options, he gave us good guidance, and really just got what we were going for before we did. The results were gorgeous bouquets and a variety of stunning centerpieces. They were elegant, yet natural. On top of his artistic talent, we really enjoyed working with Matt. He is light-hearted and can carry a good conversation, but he's also very professional and knows his craft. My dad was getting snippy (read: rude) to everyone as the wedding approached and Matt handled him with calm patience. Of all the little hiccups that happen through the wedding process, the flowers were flawless from the first meeting to the drop-off to the end of the night. I have confidence that he could mold his talents to a wide variety of concepts and work with any bride (read: families) out there. In conclusion: If you can afford Matt, you should hire him immediately :)

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Mandi S

My floral arrangements from To the 9's were seriously out-of-this-world gorgeous!! I could not be happier with the outcome. I'll start by saying Matt was an absolute pleasure to work with. I planned my wedding from out of state and relied mainly on e-mail and telephone calls to... Read More plan everything. Matt worked with me and put my fears to rest that the flowers for my wedding would match my vision. To the 9's offers a free centerpiece and bridal bouquet preview before the wedding day to ensure that what you will have the day-of matches your vision, with the opportunity to change anything you don't like about it- which is awesome! But I have to say when I arrived for this preview I was delighted to see that Matt matched my vision to a T after only discussing things over e-mail!! He even drove over an hour to my venues MORE THAN ONCE prior to my wedding day to make sure he knew everything he needed to know about them before the wedding. Seriously- dedication!! I can say without a doubt in my mind that the bouquets and centerpieces were my favorite part of my wedding day(besides marrying my best friend of course!) I was absolutely STUNNED from the moment I saw the floral arrangements. I have never seen any so perfectly beautiful. In fact- I couldn't bare to get rid of my bouquet so I am drying it to keep! I received numerous compliments on how gorgeous the reception hall looked and I owe it all to Matt from To The 9's. He really is devoted to his work and truly talented. I would recommend To The 9's without hesitation to anyone who is looking for a wedding florist.

mother of the bride

Reviewed on 8/19/2013

Matt was fantastic! The flowers were so beautiful! Actually exceeded our expectations! He did exactly what we had envisioned, only better if that's possible!

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/03/2013 Natalie M

I cannot say enough wonderful things about To the 9's. First things first, Matt is a creative genius! I don't know a lot about flowers, and went into the process not entirely sure what I was looking for in terms of floral design, except that I knew I was looking for something... Read More soft and romantic, with pink & white. Matt worked with me to pick out different details I liked about different arrangements, find a common thread, and then used that to create the PERFECT bouquets, centerpieces, and ceremony&reception details for us. His designs were everything I pictured in my mind, but had been unable to put into words, and at the same time, it was better than I could have ever imagined! I received so many compliments from our guests saying that these were the most beautiful flowers they'd seen at any wedding. Beyond that, Matt made the whole process really fun - you can tell that he truly loves what he does, and he gets excited with you about all the details, and he really goes above and beyond. I mentioned to him at one point that I was interested in finding a chandelier to hang in the pergola at our outdoor wedding site, and Matt went out and found the perfect one for us, and he worked with the venue to ensure that the size/weight/etc would work with the structure, and it turned out perfect. Like I said, he really goes above and beyond for his clients. He was truly a joy to work with, an all around great person, and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone looking for the perfect flowers for their wedding!

Everything I dreamed of and more!

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Megan D

Matt at To The 9's is absolutely amazing! If you are looking for your perfect wedding flowers and decor, look no further then Matt! When I first was looking for a florist I came across To The 9's and loved what I saw on their website and all of the reviews I read were great.... Read More I was looking forward to meeting with the owner, Matt and was hopeful. Upon meeting Matt, he was extremely friendly and understood the look and idea I was going for. We met with other florists, but I connected with him right away and he is the only one who truly grasped what I wanted in my wedding. I immediately felt comfortable with him, and knew that he would do an amazing job on my wedding. Throughout the process Matt worked with me to settle on exactly what I wanted and made my vision come to life. Matt does something called a "bouquet fitting" in where he does a sample bouquet so you can see what it will look like on the day of your wedding and if there are any changes you want to make, he will work with you. This was such an amazing opportunity to see what the flowers would look like. I have not heard of many florists offering this, and it is a unique amazing experience. While I felt comfortable with Matt being my florist and felt like he would do an amazing job, when the wedding day came and I saw my bouquet, my bridesmaid bouquets, the aisle decor and the reception centerpieces... I was blown away. Matt far exceeded my expectations. Everything was absolutely gorgeous and was simply perfect. I received numerous compliments of how pretty the flowers were and saw many people taking pictures of the centerpieces and aisle decor. I am so happy that I chose To The 9's to be my florist. Honestly, there aren't even words to express how thrilled I am with the result! If you are looking for a florist for your wedding, stop looking and go with Matt at To The 9's. I promise you won't regret it!

For Matt =)

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Rossanne P

We worked directly with Matt for our July wedding. We ended up meeting with him with a bit of a time crunch to figure things out but Matt was more than accommodating and welcoming to helping us. Matt did not try to push us to purchase things that we did not want or couldn't... Read More afford. He was simply interested in making sure that the flowers were exactly what we wanted. Matt was super accommodating throughout the entire process. Approximately two weeks before the wedding we came to the decision that the groomsmen and fathers would end up wearing the same suit just based on the color options that we were given. In order to make them look somewhat different, I called Matt and asked if he could make the butoniers different for the dads. I felt bad since I was sure that he had already put orders in, but he was more than happy to make a change for us. Overall, Matt was awesome to work with and everything from the ceremony flowers to the table arrangements were amazing. We received TONS of compliments throughout the reception about how beautiful they were. On a side note...if you're worried about the quality of the flowers. Let me just say that when I went for my appointment to see what he had come up with for my bouquet. Matt brought out another bridal bouquet to show me what mine would look like at it's actual size. When I saw the bouquet, I fell in love with it and decided to change my mind completely which Matt was also perfectly fine with. The point i'm getting at is that, the bouquet that he brought out (again just to show the size) was two weeks old. There is no way I would have guessed that it wasn't being taken to a wedding for a bride later that day. All in all, if you are looking for someone that truly loves what they are doing and wants to make you happy on your special day, go with Matt and To the 9's. You will be SO glad that you did =)

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, INDEED!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 L C

To The 9's did a GORGEOUS (I can't emphasize the word gorgeous enough!!) job on our wedding flowers! Matt was probably my most favorite vendor to work with during the whole wedding planning process. He was so fun to meet with and was VERY open to suggestions and working with... Read More us when it came to our budget. He was easy to get in touch with and responded promptly to any questions or concerns. He will work with you to make sure your vision comes true! Our guests LOVED our centerpieces. We were told how beautiful and unique they were and we even had some guests fighting over them to take home! Can't recommend To The 9's enough! Extremely happy with our flowers.

Couldn't have asked for a better florist for our wedding!

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Katie R

All I can say is that my jaw dropped when I saw our bouquets and arrangements on our wedding day! Matt and his To the 9's team did an amazing job! Everyone couldn't stop talking about how amazing the flowers were. He was so easy to work with and very flexible with adding and... Read More changing details as the wedding got closer. It was so mice to have a preview of what the bouquet and arrangements would look like before hand in case there were any changes we wanted to make. I would definitely recommend To the 9's to anyone in need of a florist in the Frederick area! Great job, Matt!! Everything was perfect!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/28/2013 Tracy S

Matt is absolutely amazing! I gave him a general idea of what I liked, and he turned it into something more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I was blown away by his designs. He is a true artist. He is friendly, enthusiastic, and flexible. I loved that he did an initial... Read More meeting with me, followed by a bouquet fitting and center peice viewing several weeks before the wedding. I live about an hour from Frederick, but it was absolutely worth the drive. Matt even sets up and takes down his designs on the day of the wedding! Highly recommend him!

Floral Perfection!

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Elena W

I found To the 9's on my wedding venue's list of recommended vendors and I'm so happy I did. I literally could not have been happier with what Matt created for me. I live outside the DC/MD area so Matt and I were emailing a LOT for most of my planning. I had a ton of questions... Read More when we first started (since I was not 100% sure of the process and what's involved in choosing flowers/putting together bouquets) and Matt was always so prompt and detailed in his responses. It was great to finally meet him at his cute shop for my bouquet fitting, where he shows you a sample bouquet as well as a centerpiece. This was incredibly helpful and I was thankful for the opportunity to see everything in advance. After the fitting, I had a change of heart about the colors I wanted and Matt worked with me to make sure it was exactly as I wanted it. Seeing the final product on my wedding day at the venue was an emotional experience! We had talked about the changes that we were going to make, but seeing them in person really showed me that Matt knew and had understood exactly what I had explained to him. He also put together a beautiful hair piece for me on a plastic comb, as my hair stylist had asked, with 3 freesia's on it - to match my husband's boutonierre. It was the perfect touch. My family, wedding guests, everyone - I'm still hearing from people about how striking and fresh the arrangements were. Thank you so much, Matt! You're the best!

Best florist in the Frederick, MD area

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Harriet L

Matt provided beautiful floral arrangements and bouquets, etc for my daughter's wedding at Ceresville Mansion. He has a great reputation in Frederick, and it is well-earned. He listened carefully to our vision, and spent time on the phone with my out-of-town daughter to better... Read More understand what she was looking for in her bouquet. Everything was absolutely lovely, and fit so well with the elegance of the mansion. The "dry-run" meeting with samples of the bouquet and centerpieces was particularly useful in fine-tuning these arrangements. We were able to make very specific comments on details that were important to us, and the result was flawless execution on the big day. It is clear that Matt loves what he does, and he loves to make his brides happy.

Perfect

Reviewed on 5/09/2013 Krista S

Matt at To the 9's is a true artist. I couldn't have dreamed of more beautiful flowers than what he created for our wedding- we were blown away!! He listened to my likes and dislikes, color scheme, etc. and came up with something absolutely magical. We had so any compliments on... Read More the centerpieces and ceremony arrangements and it made our wedding day so beautiful. I would recommend him to anyone who needs floral design for any occasion!