Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2008
Bow2007

Joliet, IL Chicago & Suburbs (815) 267-8533

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Teresa S

Tone Productions did a pretty good job for our ceremony and reception. Their website's interface was a little clunky, but overall reasonably easy to use. At meetings leading up to the wedding, they seemed a little disorganized (asking questions I'd already given answers to and... Read More clarified multiple times) but mostly together. We had chosen a custom cut of a song for our first dance (which we'd clarified with them several times, sent to them, and confirmed they'd received), but whoever put together the list for the DJ (they don't put together playlists themselves?) didn't get it to him so we had to work with the full version. To his credit, since it was an upbeat number, we did our bows when we were done and got everyone to join us on the dance floor for the rest of our song. I also had a couple of complaints from guests about not having their songs played and not having enough variety. The lighting was good, the music was decent, he clarified name pronunciations ahead of time, and he even helped out organizing people when the caterer was disorganized. If I could rate I Do Photo Booths (they work with Tone Productions), I'd give them an excellent rating. Everyone loved the photo booth and were glad they could take home some pictures for themselves. They allowed us to use our own custom backdrop that we'd ordered along with our own props. They also gave us a book and USB drive at the end of the night, which is one of my favorite keepsakes from the day.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Lauren H

Tone Productions was absolutely amazing! Louie and Dana helped create our perfect night by keeping the dance floor packed! Our guests were raving about the music selections, and the Cubs game updates (it was a playoff game!) Thanks Louie and Dana...you're the best!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Kelly K

Tone Productions did a fantastic job on our wedding and we would recommend them to anyone who believes the music can make or break a wedding! Since we were getting married outside, our DJ Spero also did our ceremony. We were looking for a mix of modern yet classy music and he... Read More recommended a cool cello band I never would've known about, and we ended up using them for our entire ceremony music. Everyone complimented us on how unique our ceremony was because of the music! I also really liked that Spero was on board with us being a little demanding-we are a little bit of music snobs, and Spero was understanding that we had a lot of requests about the reception music. He gave us lots of valued input and helped make our reception perfect-the dance floor was packed the whole night! Dan from their cuts team also did an amazing job creating custom cuts we used for a few of our ceremony songs, as well as a surprise salsa for the second half of our first dance. We had multiple vendors tell us it was the most fun wedding they've ever been a part of, because the dance floor was wild!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Caitlin W

I cannot say enough great things about Tone Productions! From our 1st phone call to set up an appointment to making sure to say goodbye to us at the end of our night, every was very kind and professional! Dan and Gustavo took care of us the entire night and made sure that our... Read More day was perfect. The dance floor was filled the entire night and we received so many compliments about the great service. We cannot imagine our big day without Tone Productions!

2016-11-14T14:18:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Caitlin for taking the time to provide this great review! We were so happy that you were able to take advantage of multiple services from I Do Photo Booths and A Red Letter Day and that you were able to provide... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Danielle M

Everything was perfect! The songs were fantastic, the process of working with tone productions was easy and smooth and we didn't have to worry about a thing at the reception! They handled everything and I would recommend tone productions to anyone who is about to get married!

2016-11-14T14:21:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you Danielle for the great review! Glad to know that you enjoyed your reception fully and didn't worry about a thing...that's what we are here for!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Karly C

Incredibly easy to work with. Helped with our timeline for our entire wedding day. Dance floor was never empty. Web forum easy to use. Both DJs were truly there to not only provide music, but also make sure everything ran smoothly. Even helped bussle my dress when we ran... Read More into difficulty. AMAZING! NOT A SINGLE REGRET OR COMPLAINT! WORTH EVERY CENT! ABSOLUTELY WOULD RECOMMEND :)

2016-11-14T14:28:03 Response from the vendor

Karly, we are so happy to have been a part of your celebration. Your crowd danced all night and we took care of business, including getting your bustle just right! So glad we could provide our services to your family again for another great celebration!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jennifer C

Tone Productions were extremely reasonable as well as extremely easy to work with! They were very helpful in the song picking process as well as doing a last minute Emcee improv or my husband & I to do a lip sync battle for our 1st dance. They event cut the song so it has... Read More perfect timing. Spero really managed the entire flow of the evening and made sure everything stayed on time. At the end of the night, they handed us a CD with all of our important songs on it to remember the perfect evening! I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Bridget C

We had Rick and assistant Chris as our DJs for our Wedding. They were perfect! Tons of our guests were raving about how awesome the music was- it definitely set the tone for a fun reception. I have never seen so many guests of various ages out on a dance floor at a wedding... Read More before. They did a great job with the music selection and also were so upbeat and professional on the mic. Nick was there for the PhotoBooth, and he did an awesome job getting guests in for pictures and printing out copies for people. We loved the album of photo strips that they provided at the end of the night. Thank you guys so much!

2016-10-19T14:05:39 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome! Rick is one of our seasoned veterans that really knows how to read a crowd and get them out there together! So glad you were happy with the selections! Thanks also for photo booth shout out, as well. Glad everyone had... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Melanie M

Great People to work with! Every time I had a question, and... Lets be real, I had questions almost every other day! They were professional and responded quickly and to the best of their ability! THEY WERE ON TIME!!! That Itself means SOO MUCH when most of my other vendors were... Read More 45min to an hour late!! Would recommend them to anyone.

2016-10-19T14:08:11 Response from the vendor

We're so happy to have put you at ease during your planning process! Thanks for noting our professionalism. We work really hard to make sure every detail is addressed and we are doing everything in our power to make your night perfect!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jess J

Tone Productions was great! We were so happy with how organized they were. They made a stressful day run very smoothly!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Amanda Y

We worked with Tim and Nick! We met with Tim initially when we were trying to find a DJ. He was so nice and helpful and has a good sense of humor! He explained the process easily and helped answer any questions we had and we definitely wanted him to be part of our day! The... Read More online event planner was so easy to navigate and add all our songs for the ceremony and reception. They guaranteed any song we wanted even if they didn't have it in their archive which was awesome because we had chosen a few acoustic versions of songs for the ceremony. Our wedding day was perfect! Tim was so fun as the DJ and made sure everything was the way we wanted it! Everyone commented on how great he was! I would definitely recommend Tone Productions for all your DJ needs! The price can't be beat with all they provide! They also provided the sound system and music for our ceremony which was absolutely beautiful!!

2016-10-19T14:10:23 Response from the vendor

We were so happy to accommodate all your requests and provide you exactly the songs you were looking for! We worked extremely hard to make your day perfect, thank you for noting that!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Mallory L

I HIGHLY recommend Tone Productions to DJ your wedding! Louie and Dana were the perfect fit for us! They went above and beyond my expectations! All of our requested songs were played and more! There wasn't a moment that our dance floor was empty, which was my goal! They offer... Read More you suggestions for every part of the night, and all are perfect! Dana also teaches your guests how to do dances too! Tone Productions is they way to go, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Colin W

Shawn and Tony were great! They made sure the whole night stayed on schedule and everyone had a good time. The music was awesome, and everyone was dancing the whole night. They brought props for our guests and their own lighting which made the night that much more memorable.... Read More They even dealt with things that were above and their job description (broken glass, setting up rides with the hotel) to make sure my wife and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Tone Productions was a great company to work with, and my wife and I could not have been happier with our decision to have them do our wedding.

2016-10-19T14:12:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We go above and beyond to make sure you or your guests don't have to worry about a thing. We were so honored to be a part of your celebration.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Colin W

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Katie O

Spero is AMAZING! When we first got engaged, I immediately started asking around to friends for great vendors and my hairdresser suggested Tone Productions as they did the DJ for her wedding last year. She recommended Spero. I trust her fully so I made an appointment to meet... Read More with him. We could immediately tell when we met with Spero that we wanted him to DJ our wedding. We signed the contract right then. Throughout the next year until our wedding, whenever I had questions, Pam or Dan (The owner) were so friendly and answered all of my questions with ease. We also used One Fine Day which is Tone's officiant company. We received a discount for "bundling" services together which was nice. Spero is kind and really will go the extra mile to make sure everything is perfect. On the day of our wedding, there were a few changes we had but they were no issues for him. His assistant for the day was Kristin who was also just as great. She made sure we were in order during the ceremony which really helped everything go smoothly. The music was absolutely perfect during dinner and the dance floor was packed all night! Everyone was so upset when it was announced that it was the last song of the night. We cannot thank Spero and Kristin and the entire Tone Production staff enough for a truly amazing evening.

2016-10-19T14:20:43 Response from the vendor

We're so glad that you were able to take advantage of our multiple services and save some money booking them together! You were in great hands with Spero and Kristin as they've been around the block a few times and really know how to navigate... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Nathanael G

Tone Productions is by far the absolutely best DJ service in town. We interviewed several DJ's for our wedding and Tone Productions was head and shoulders above the rest. From the explanations of their services to the technologies they use as common process for their business.... Read More They were friendly, easy to work with, offered additional services like up lighting and props and they never missed a beat. They were on site early to set up and were there until all the guest left. The music they played had the dance floor packed the entire night. I received so many compliments on the DJ at my wedding you would have thought we were there for the DJ and not my wedding. Spiro was the name of the DJ we used and he was fantastic. Tone productions is a company that does this as a business. They do somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 weddings a year. They have like 20-25 DJ on staff and they have a really cool software program that makes song selection super easy. If you are looking for a DJ this is the company to use. Hands Down. Thank you Tone Productions for making our day super special. Extra Special thanks to Spiro for all of his hard work and dedication to make our wedding go off without a hitch.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Katie C

I cannot begin to say how very happy I am that we chose Tone Productions as a DJ. After dedicating a good portion of our budget to the photographer I was on the hunt for something “budget friendly”. I found that and SOOO much more after meeting with Dan. Tone Productions ran... Read More the reception exactly the way it should be. Everything went off without a hitch and I have no doubt in my mind it was because of the years and years of business experience this company has under its belt. After I had countless guests step on the back of my dress and rip my bustle to shreds Dan was there with safety pins and put it right back in its place. When we were about to do the bouquet toss, I realized that I left my garter at home! Thank goodness Dan keeps spares with him otherwise I would have had a very disappointed groom. I am still received compliments on how great not only the music was but the DJ himself. I cannot say thank you enough for making our big day the best it could’ve possibly been. Also, do yourself a favor and check out the photo booth! It is the BEST ever!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Sheila R

Time Productions was awesome! If you want a fantastic DJ service and officiant service for a reasonable price, this is the company for you! Can't express how detailed and easy to work with they were!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Marissa C

I was so happy with how the reception turned out. The whole evening flowed nicely, the DJ was very accommodating with time and how the night went. Anything we needed or any adjustments we wanted they made happen. I would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Amanda H

Tone Productions sent us 2 very good DJs (Kevin & Sean) for our wedding which was this past August 20th. They provided excellent sound quality mics during our ceremony, played great music during dinner which was complimented by various guests as my wife and I made our way... Read More around to each table, were very attentive to our needs, and kept the party rolling all the way to our last dance. They were on time, courteous, fun, and played a great mix of music which we selected as well as plenty of great songs choices we did not to fill the time appropriately. The dance floor was never empty the entire night, and everyone had a blast. Thanks very much for being everything we hoped you be and then some!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Katy M

Tone Productions was a great company to work with!! Spero was great and so helpful! He played all the music we requested and the music that he played during the night was perfect and kept the dance floor crowded. He also took pictures and a video that was unexpected, but much... Read More appreciated. Andrew was also very helpful and kept the guests moving on the dance floor. I would recommend this company to anyone. You will not be disappointed. They go above and beyond to accommodate special requests and to make your night memorable.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Sammie P

They were very professional. The detail they put into the work they do is amazing. I really felt that they were the best team. Every song I wanted was played, and the online website was so helpful. I would recommend them to everyone I know!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Chelsea W

Excellent DJ service! Price is worth their experience, kindness, and smoothness!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Christine W

The DJ played exactly what I asked for and was very friendly. He also brought in prompts for our guests to use and keep!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Katy D

Our wedding was on June 24, 2016 and we had Tone Productions as our DJ service. the DJ service provided was phenomenal! Throughout the whole planning process the company was able to help us with any questions we had and offer great suggestions to help make our wedding perfect.... Read More Shawn was our main DJ and Tony helped him out. Our DJ made our night run so smooth! Our dance floor was packed all night! They kept our crowd so involved and we had so many compliments on the music. For weeks we had friends and family calling saying they have not danced that much ever at a wedding! Additionally, we contracted I Do Photobooth through Tone Productions as well. The guests loved the Photobooth! They had a guest album where our guests put their group photos in with a message and the scrapbook was given to us at the end of the night. I felt like the prices were very fair and we were pleased with our services for everything! I would highly recommend going with Tone Productions!

Start a Conversation!