TOP TIER BAND

Nashville-based, but travel anywhere and everywhere!

Live Music At The Highest Level!

Top Tier is the perfect wedding band--a fun, upbeat dance band and smooth, light jazz dinner band, all in one! So whether you want a rockin' reception, quiet dinner music, or any combination of those, look no further than this versatile band. Over 100 fantastic reviews of Top Tier have been posted online! ---- We have 3 primary band packages: TIER ONE 5-piece band (female lead vocals, guitar/lead vocals, keyboards/lead vocals, drums/lead vocals, bass/vocals) - TIER TWO 6-piece band (female lead vocals, guitar/lead vocals, keyboards/lead vocals, drums/lead vocals, bass/vocals, + saxophone –alto, tenor and soprano) - TIER THREE 8-piece band (female lead vocals, guitar/lead vocals, keyboards/lead vocals, drums/lead vocals, bass/vocals, + 3-piece horn section –sax/trumpet/trombone

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Country, Dance, Disco, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Nashville, TN Nashville-based, but travel anywhere and everywhere! (615) 319-6318

Top Tier Band

Reviewed on 1/13/2013 Courtney C

I found out about Top Tier through a fellow sorority sister who had hired them for her wedding. At the end of the day, she said they were her favorite part- and she was right! They were fantastic from beginning to end. JD was so kind to work with, and catered to our wants to... Read More personalize the reception. We had my sister and a groomsman play/sing our first dance. Top Tier let them plug in, and even brought an extra guitar in case the groomsman forgot his! They served as the emcee throughout the night, and kept everything right on time! We had quite a few in the "older crowd", and Top Tier played more low key music while it was a mixed crowd; once the older individuals filtered out and more people were getting to the dance floor, they pumped up the music and played all of our favorites. They were even letting us do the limbo with one of their electric guitars. They werent afraid to get down with the crowd and really engage our guests. We loved them, as did our guests (from ages 9 up to age 80!). I would highly recommend them to anyone needing a fun, energetic band to add to their reception!

Entertainment Juggernaut!

Reviewed on 5/01/2015

Top Tier is an entertainment juggernaut!!! From the multiple genres of songs to choose from to their passionate, heartfelt delivery. I commented to my new wife afterwards that I have never before attended a wedding celebration where literally everyone danced from the beginning... Read More to the end. We had guests tell us that they have never had so much fun at a wedding before. JD was a pleasure to work with...great with correspondence, accommodating, punctual and true to his word. We couldn't be happier with our decision to select Top Tier for our wedding. Hands down the highlight of a truly unforgettable day!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Brooke B

Top Tier was incredible! They played at my wedding reception and had everyone up dancing. They are amazing musicians and very responsible and professional. I highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Staci B

If you are looking for a band for an event, this is THE band!! They made our wedding reception so much fun and knew how to get the crowd going! I cannot wait to listen to them again. These guys were so great, we did not want our reception to end. Not only is this a great band,... Read More but they are also so nice and easy to work with! JD was so great to work with, and made the booking process/ reception planning so easy. Thank you again Top Tier Band!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Megan D

I give two big thumbs up to Top Tier Band. They did such a great job for our wedding and we have had people for weeks telling us that our band was so good. From the beginning of the process, JD was so easy and great to work with. He is a really nice guy and his compassion for... Read More what he does shines through. He will help accommodate whatever you are looking to do. We decided to add a sax player just a few weeks before the wedding and he was able to get it done. They are also talented and play well together. I think the most important thing for a wedding band is to get people up and dancing and they did such a great job at that. Thanks a lot guys, yall helped us have a great wedding day.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Pamela G

We absolutely loved working with Top Tier!! From the very beginning when we first booked the band for our wedding- they were so on top of it as far as emailing us back and educating us about the process! They were extremely easy to work with and even incorporated some fun... Read More family tradition songs - like N Sync's Bye Bye Bye and a Polka dance :) Both our families were on the dance floor the entire night and they definitely knew how to keep the flow of the night moving with ease!! THANK YOU FOR HELPING MAKE OUR RECEPTION AN ABSOLUTE BLAST!! We would recommend this band to anyone in the Nashville area for a great time :)

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Angie H

My planner suggested I use Prime Source to find a wedding band for my destination wedding in Nashville last month. We were provided at least a dozen options, but Top Tier became an early favorite. We shopped around a bit, considered not hiring a typical wedding band, hemmed and... Read More hawed, but finally chose Top Tier because my planner had been to a wedding they played at and said they were very good. Plus of course there were all the great online reviews. Once I decided on Top Tier, I knew I had chosen the right band! JD was so super helpful with creating the song list, choosing specific songs for ceremony and reception, and helping me create a playlist for the dinner seating. He was a dream to work with and his engagement with my questions/concerns/comments leading up to the big day gave me complete confidence that Top Tier would do a good job at the event. I walked down the aisle to Jimi Hendrix' Little Wing, which was like a dream come true - thank you JD and crew! And the rest was just as perfect. Our guests loved the band, danced a lot, and had a merry old time! The band accommodated even some very unusual requests!! At first I was disappointed that the front lady in the videos wasn't the female lead singer for our event, but so many of our guests loved the voice of the woman who was singing, that it didn't matter in the slightest. Everything was perfect, and Top Tier totally delivered! Book Them!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Gayle H

WOW, this is the second time we have used Top Tier, they are THAT GOOD! This time our venue was smaller so they adjusted and came with fewer people/instruments and they still sounded amazing! They are fun, totally comfortable guiding the evening as MC, and adjust the music as... Read More needed to keep the crowd on the dance floor. Both times we have used them, they had people out dancing that NEVER dance at family weddings. This band should be at the top of everyones wish list!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Gayle H

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Amit R

Top Tier was the perfect band for our wedding! We had an outdoor wedding and the beautiful weather kept a lot of guests outside, but they all loved the ambiance the band created and dancing once it got darker. The band was so flexible and happy even though most of our guests... Read More were outside and just listening for most of the reception. They are extremely talented and I would 100% recommend them! They were wonderful to work with and were amazing all-around. I couldn't have imagined a better band for our wedding!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Amit R

Were fantastic at our wedding! So professional, courteous, and on time for everything. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Tess M

Can't say enough good things about Top Tier! Our wedding reception would not have been the same without them! The music was fantastic, and they kept the dance floor packed until the end! They played hits that everyone enjoyed and kept the energy level high throughout. JD is so... Read More easy to work with and was so flexible when creating our timeline. All of our guests raved about the entertainment. I would 100% recommend Top Tier and would hire them again for an event. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Joanne S

We can't say enough good things about Top Tier! JD was professional and responsive throughout the entire process. It was a joy working with him. Most importantly, the band was fantastic! We received so many compliments about the music. We were very impressed with the wide... Read More range of music they were able to play. They even learned "Annie's Song" for the father/daughter dance, and it made the moment so special. They were adept at reading the crowd and choosing the music accordingly. We highly highly recommend this band for your wedding. Definitely worth the money!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Chelsey B

I would HIGHLY recommend Top Tier!!! JD was so wonderful to work with and always answered my questions in a very timely manor. They worked with me for everything I needed including stage size, changing the size of the band, getting my officiant a mic, and letting me hand pick... Read More songs. The night went flawless and a large part of that was due to this band. They were on time, had incredible lighting and equipment, and were so friendly and sweet. The vocals were AMAZING and I had tons of people compliment them and tell me how much fun they had because of the awesome band. I really can't say enough to good things about them. We added the brass section and it was totally worth it. Look no further for a wedding band if you are looking for a stress free, wonderful experience!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Callie L

We chose Top Tier Band for our wedding based on their awesome reviews. The reviews were spot on! The entire time leading up to the wedding, JD was so easy to communicate with, super responsive and willing to accomodate all of our needs. At the wedding we had so many compliments... Read More about Top Tier. What a range! Every song sounded like it does on the radio/recording, and they played everything from Rocky Top to Pour Some Sugar on Me...Their song list has a great variety! Guests did not leave the dance floor the entire night! You won't find a better band anywhere. Top Tier is the way to go!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Erin J

Top Tier was hands down the best band we could have booked for our wedding!! We had an outdoor venue and of course it rained right before our ceremony was to begin and they were prepared with tarps and very flexible with us starting late. The band sounded amazing and all of our... Read More guests stayed on the dance floor from beginning to end! If you're looking for a fun time with great music book top tier!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 P W

You guys were amazing from start to finish of the entire wedding process! ALL of our families and friends RAVED about you guys the entire night and the day after! Thanks for letting us get on stage and rock out with you guys throughout the night! We HIGHLY recommend this group... Read More to anyone who is looking to hire a band for a FUN event! Thank you again and best of luck to you guys as well! You are so talented, professional, and all around such great people to work with. Wes and I can't imagine having any other band to work with during our wedding planning period and on that special day.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

We absolutely LOVED having TOP TIER play at our wedding. Having seen their online promo videos, as with many bands, I was unsure, but then had the chance to hear them in person at another event and knew that we had to have them for our wedding!! They handled everything... Read More regarding setup with our venue so that I had nothing to worry about and played and played all night. They read the crowd perfectly and kept the dance floor packed from the first song to the last. I would absolutely hire TOP TIER again in a heartbeat! Excellent service and performance!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Dan M

Top Tier was a great addition to our wedding. JD was extremely professional and flexible with our requests, he gave us peace of mind knowing that there was someone managing everything from the music side. Their lead female vocalist has an exceptionally strong voice and sounded... Read More great (we booked Top Tier after hearing her sing Etta James "At Last" online). We added a 3 piece horn section which provided the depth of sound we wanted and it really filled up the venue.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

I cannot say enough great things about this band! From the very beginning they were super easy to work with and very helpful. JD quickly answered any questions or requests I had. My fiance surprised me with asking them to play my favorite karaoke song, Fancy by Reba McEntire.... Read More They not only learned the song, but invited me to come up and sing with them. It was a blast to say the least. The dance floor was packed from the first song to the last. What more could you ask for? Working in the music business I knew my guests would have high expectations for our wedding entertainment and this band far exceeded those expectations. My friends and family cannot quit talking about how great they were. A setlist to satisfy all ages for sure. Book this band only if you want to have the time of your life!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016

We had Top Tier Band play at our wedding in Nashville recently. They were AMAZING! Our friends and family kept coming up to us all night long remarking how great the band was. We spent the whole night dancing and singing! At one point I looked around and almost every single... Read More guest was on the dance floor, it was awesome! Our friends and family were even dancing to the iPod songs when the band took a break because of the great atmosphere they created. JD made everything SUPER easy and they were wonderfully flexible the night of. No one wanted the night to end. Cannot speak highly enough of Top Tier and JD and would recommend booking Top Tier to anyone!

Top Tier

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Rebecca W

TopTier is amazing. They performed at our reception and made it the most memorable event of our lives. The dancing lasted through the entire evening, and all of our guests commented on how incredible the band was. More than that, they even let me join them on the keyboard for... Read More a song on stage! They are extremely talented, professional, and made our wedding reception so much fun! - Aryn & Rebecca

Best Band Ever!

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Allison W

I highly recommend Top Tier! I first heard Top Tier at my sister's wedding, and everyone loved them. When it was time for my husband and I to choose a wedding band, we didn't have to think about it long. We knew we wanted Top Tier. I got so many compliments on how great the band... Read More was! Everyone LOVED them!

Fun and fantastic!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Amber M

The band was fantastic.. They played the music for the ceremony which I wanted super traditional such as cannon D and here comes the Bride etc., then they cranked up the reception with fun lively music.. I even ended up limboing in my wedding dress! The music was excellent, the... Read More people were gracious and fun overall they added something to my wedding that my guests and I will always cherish!! :-)

JD Dohnal

I had the desire to start my own wedding/special events band back in my college days, but finally made it a reality 9 years ago when I launched Top Tier. Besides being a musician with a passion for providing great entertainment, I wanted to utilize my people and business skills, while always focusing on providing excellent customer service! I know that someone's wedding day is one of the most important days in their life. It's always a true honor to be a part of a wedding, and I never take that responsibility or any client for granted! I'm so grateful for what Top Tier has become!