TOP TIER BAND

Based in Nashville, TN, but will travel within 500 miles

Live Music At The Highest Level!

Top Tier is the perfect wedding band--a fun, upbeat dance band and smooth, light jazz dinner band, all in one! So whether you want a rockin' reception, quiet dinner music, or any combination of those, look no further than this versatile band. Over 100 fantastic reviews of Top Tier have been posted online! ---- We have 3 primary band packages: TIER ONE 5-piece band (female lead vocals, guitar/lead vocals, keyboards/lead vocals, drums/lead vocals, bass/vocals) - TIER TWO 6-piece band (female lead vocals, guitar/lead vocals, keyboards/lead vocals, drums/lead vocals, bass/vocals, + saxophone –alto, tenor and soprano) - TIER THREE 8-piece band (female lead vocals, guitar/lead vocals, keyboards/lead vocals, drums/lead vocals, bass/vocals, + 3-piece horn section –sax/trumpet/trombone

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

Nashville, TN Based in Nashville, TN, but will travel within 500 miles (615) 319-6318

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Chelsey B

I would HIGHLY recommend Top Tier!!! JD was so wonderful to work with and always answered my questions in a very timely manor. They worked with me for everything I needed including stage size, changing the size of the band, getting my officiant a mic, and letting me hand pick... Read More songs. The night went flawless and a large part of that was due to this band. They were on time, had incredible lighting and equipment, and were so friendly and sweet. The vocals were AMAZING and I had tons of people compliment them and tell me how much fun they had because of the awesome band. I really can't say enough to good things about them. We added the brass section and it was totally worth it. Look no further for a wedding band if you are looking for a stress free, wonderful experience!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Kathleen O

Top Tier was an amazing band and deserves five stars! I did not see them live before booking so being an over-analyzer, I was slightly nervous about their performance at our wedding, but they were perfect! JD was willing to work with me, communicated clearly and responded... Read More quickly. As for communication and planning with all wedding vendors, working with JD at Top Tier was one of the easiest duties across the board. Top Tier acted as the MC for the night which went very smoothly. During our reception, we had everyone from 2 year olds to 70 year olds out on the dance floor and it was the main event all night! They played a great variety of music and kept the party flowing. I would recommend Top Tier band as they went above and beyond my expectations. I wish there was another event where I could use them or see them again!

2017-10-17T09:54:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Kathleen! We had a fantastic time playing for your and Waitman's wedding! You were a joy to work with! We wish you all the best and hope to see you both at another event!

Entertainment Juggernaut!

Reviewed on 5/01/2015

Top Tier is an entertainment juggernaut!!! From the multiple genres of songs to choose from to their passionate, heartfelt delivery. I commented to my new wife afterwards that I have never before attended a wedding celebration where literally everyone danced from the beginning... Read More to the end. We had guests tell us that they have never had so much fun at a wedding before. JD was a pleasure to work with...great with correspondence, accommodating, punctual and true to his word. We couldn't be happier with our decision to select Top Tier for our wedding. Hands down the highlight of a truly unforgettable day!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Erin A

Top Tier is without a doubt the best wedding band out there! I have had families and friends, both young and old, reach out to me to tell me how fantastic our band was. Our dance floor was hopping all night long, they were so engaging and fun, and even let me play the drums...... Read More and the tambourines... and even steal the mic a few times. Needless to say it was the best night of my life and Top Tier was top notch. I would recommend them over and over again!!!

2017-11-29T11:21:18 Response from the vendor

Erin, thank you so very much for such a wonderful review!! We sure appreciate it! We had an absolute blast at your wedding and loved that you played the drums, tambourine, and served as a guest vocalist too! :) We wish you and Chris all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/20/2017

I hired Top Tier to perform at my son's wedding on November 17, 2017. This band is fantastic - not only are they great musicians but they were professional, reliable and a ton of fun. JD also Emceed and made sure the evening progressed per our wishes. Our guest did not leave the... Read More dance floor the entire evening. Just book them - you will not be disappointed.

2017-11-20T17:11:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Chris for the kind words! You were fantastic to work with throughout the planning process, and we had an absolute blast playing for Christopher and Erin's wedding! We look forward to your other kids' weddings! :)

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Ryan S

What a great group of people. The Dohnal’s were an absolute pleasure to work with. The band is so talented and versatile... people kept asking me who they were and how I found them... our love of live music is what brought together so it was a no brainer that we wanted a live... Read More band and after communicating with several bands and running into communication road blocks I found Top Tier. JD maintained constant communication and left no chance for error and for that we are forever grateful to the Dohnal family. The day of was quite the whirlwind and presented its stressful opportunities but they alleviated all the stress and let us focus on our special day. Top Tier Band is a world class entertainment group who I will recommend to everyone I know and I hope I get the chance to interact with again. Thank you from Ryan and Kristina.

2017-10-24T09:07:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much Ryan and Kristina! We truly appreciate the kind words and wonderful review! It was an absolute honor to be a part of your wedding and we sure hope to see you again! We wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Angela G

Top Tier is a Top Notch super fund band!!! JD was amazing and so easy to work with. Whenever I had questions he was quick to respond and super accomodating! I absolutely loved the music the night of my wedding and kept getting so many compliments throughout the night from my... Read More guests saying "I love this band". I highly recommend Top Tier if you are looking to have a fun time for you and your guest!!!!!!

2017-10-23T11:21:20 Response from the vendor

Angela, thank you so much for wonderful review!! We had a fantastic time and are so grateful that we were a part of your and Fielder's big day! We wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Karri J

We had such a great experience with Top Tier! They were so easy to work with and quick to respond before the wedding. During the wedding they were so much fun and kept everyone on the dance floor! We got so many compliments from our wedding guests! We would definitely recommend!

2017-10-17T10:00:51 Response from the vendor

We sure appreciate the kind words, Karri! Thank you so much for having us be a part of your and Rob's wedding! We had an absolute blast!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Brooke B

Top Tier was incredible! They played at my wedding reception and had everyone up dancing. They are amazing musicians and very responsible and professional. I highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed.

2017-10-17T10:20:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Brooke! We sure appreciate your kind words! Your wedding at The Brown Hotel was beautiful and we were honored to be a part of it! We wish you and Andrew all the best!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Staci B

If you are looking for a band for an event, this is THE band!! They made our wedding reception so much fun and knew how to get the crowd going! I cannot wait to listen to them again. These guys were so great, we did not want our reception to end. Not only is this a great band,... Read More but they are also so nice and easy to work with! JD was so great to work with, and made the booking process/ reception planning so easy. Thank you again Top Tier Band!!

2017-10-17T10:10:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Staci and Richard! It means so much to us! We had an amazing time playing for your wedding! We wish you all the best for a long, healthy, happy life!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Megan D

I give two big thumbs up to Top Tier Band. They did such a great job for our wedding and we have had people for weeks telling us that our band was so good. From the beginning of the process, JD was so easy and great to work with. He is a really nice guy and his compassion for... Read More what he does shines through. He will help accommodate whatever you are looking to do. We decided to add a sax player just a few weeks before the wedding and he was able to get it done. They are also talented and play well together. I think the most important thing for a wedding band is to get people up and dancing and they did such a great job at that. Thanks a lot guys, yall helped us have a great wedding day.

2017-10-17T10:07:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Megan and Daniel! We truly appreciate your kind words! You were wonderful to work with throughout the planning process of your wedding. We had a fantastic time playing for your wedding and we wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Pamela G

We absolutely loved working with Top Tier!! From the very beginning when we first booked the band for our wedding- they were so on top of it as far as emailing us back and educating us about the process! They were extremely easy to work with and even incorporated some fun... Read More family tradition songs - like N Sync's Bye Bye Bye and a Polka dance :) Both our families were on the dance floor the entire night and they definitely knew how to keep the flow of the night moving with ease!! THANK YOU FOR HELPING MAKE OUR RECEPTION AN ABSOLUTE BLAST!! We would recommend this band to anyone in the Nashville area for a great time :)

2017-10-17T10:13:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks a ton Pamela and Joe! We truly appreciate your kind compliments! We had SO much fun playing for your wedding, and you were fantastic to work with as well! We wish you all the best!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Angie H

My planner suggested I use Prime Source to find a wedding band for my destination wedding in Nashville last month. We were provided at least a dozen options, but Top Tier became an early favorite. We shopped around a bit, considered not hiring a typical wedding band, hemmed and... Read More hawed, but finally chose Top Tier because my planner had been to a wedding they played at and said they were very good. Plus of course there were all the great online reviews. Once I decided on Top Tier, I knew I had chosen the right band! JD was so super helpful with creating the song list, choosing specific songs for ceremony and reception, and helping me create a playlist for the dinner seating. He was a dream to work with and his engagement with my questions/concerns/comments leading up to the big day gave me complete confidence that Top Tier would do a good job at the event. I walked down the aisle to Jimi Hendrix' Little Wing, which was like a dream come true - thank you JD and crew! And the rest was just as perfect. Our guests loved the band, danced a lot, and had a merry old time! The band accommodated even some very unusual requests!! At first I was disappointed that the front lady in the videos wasn't the female lead singer for our event, but so many of our guests loved the voice of the woman who was singing, that it didn't matter in the slightest. Everything was perfect, and Top Tier totally delivered! Book Them!

2017-10-17T10:22:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Angie! We truly appreciate your kind words!! You were wonderful to work with throughout the planning process of your wedding. We had a fantastic time playing for your wedding and having John sing Purple Rain with us! We wish you all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Gayle B

WOW, this is the second time we have used Top Tier, they are THAT GOOD! This time our venue was smaller so they adjusted and came with fewer people/instruments and they still sounded amazing! They are fun, totally comfortable guiding the evening as MC, and adjust the music as... Read More needed to keep the crowd on the dance floor. Both times we have used them, they had people out dancing that NEVER dance at family weddings. This band should be at the top of everyones wish list!

2017-10-17T10:25:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Gayle! We sincerely appreciate your kind words!! We're so thrilled we were able to play two weddings in your family! We hope to see you at a future event and wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Amit R

Top Tier was the perfect band for our wedding! We had an outdoor wedding and the beautiful weather kept a lot of guests outside, but they all loved the ambiance the band created and dancing once it got darker. The band was so flexible and happy even though most of our guests... Read More were outside and just listening for most of the reception. They are extremely talented and I would 100% recommend them! They were wonderful to work with and were amazing all-around. I couldn't have imagined a better band for our wedding!

2017-10-17T10:54:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Amit! We sincerely appreciate your kind words!! We're so happy we were part of you and Daniele's big day! We wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Amit R

Were fantastic at our wedding! So professional, courteous, and on time for everything. Would highly recommend!

2017-10-17T10:56:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your sweet words!! It means so much to us! We were honored to be a part of your wedding!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Tess M

Can't say enough good things about Top Tier! Our wedding reception would not have been the same without them! The music was fantastic, and they kept the dance floor packed until the end! They played hits that everyone enjoyed and kept the energy level high throughout. JD is so... Read More easy to work with and was so flexible when creating our timeline. All of our guests raved about the entertainment. I would 100% recommend Top Tier and would hire them again for an event. You will not be disappointed!

2017-10-17T10:59:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Tess! We truly appreciate your wonderful review! We're so happy we were part of your big day! We wish you all the best and a lifetime of happiness!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Joanne S

We can't say enough good things about Top Tier! JD was professional and responsive throughout the entire process. It was a joy working with him. Most importantly, the band was fantastic! We received so many compliments about the music. We were very impressed with the wide... Read More range of music they were able to play. They even learned "Annie's Song" for the father/daughter dance, and it made the moment so special. They were adept at reading the crowd and choosing the music accordingly. We highly highly recommend this band for your wedding. Definitely worth the money!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Callie L

We chose Top Tier Band for our wedding based on their awesome reviews. The reviews were spot on! The entire time leading up to the wedding, JD was so easy to communicate with, super responsive and willing to accomodate all of our needs. At the wedding we had so many compliments... Read More about Top Tier. What a range! Every song sounded like it does on the radio/recording, and they played everything from Rocky Top to Pour Some Sugar on Me...Their song list has a great variety! Guests did not leave the dance floor the entire night! You won't find a better band anywhere. Top Tier is the way to go!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Erin J

Top Tier was hands down the best band we could have booked for our wedding!! We had an outdoor venue and of course it rained right before our ceremony was to begin and they were prepared with tarps and very flexible with us starting late. The band sounded amazing and all of our... Read More guests stayed on the dance floor from beginning to end! If you're looking for a fun time with great music book top tier!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 P W

You guys were amazing from start to finish of the entire wedding process! ALL of our families and friends RAVED about you guys the entire night and the day after! Thanks for letting us get on stage and rock out with you guys throughout the night! We HIGHLY recommend this group... Read More to anyone who is looking to hire a band for a FUN event! Thank you again and best of luck to you guys as well! You are so talented, professional, and all around such great people to work with. Wes and I can't imagine having any other band to work with during our wedding planning period and on that special day.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

We absolutely LOVED having TOP TIER play at our wedding. Having seen their online promo videos, as with many bands, I was unsure, but then had the chance to hear them in person at another event and knew that we had to have them for our wedding!! They handled everything... Read More regarding setup with our venue so that I had nothing to worry about and played and played all night. They read the crowd perfectly and kept the dance floor packed from the first song to the last. I would absolutely hire TOP TIER again in a heartbeat! Excellent service and performance!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Dan M

Top Tier was a great addition to our wedding. JD was extremely professional and flexible with our requests, he gave us peace of mind knowing that there was someone managing everything from the music side. Their lead female vocalist has an exceptionally strong voice and sounded... Read More great (we booked Top Tier after hearing her sing Etta James "At Last" online). We added a 3 piece horn section which provided the depth of sound we wanted and it really filled up the venue.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

I cannot say enough great things about this band! From the very beginning they were super easy to work with and very helpful. JD quickly answered any questions or requests I had. My fiance surprised me with asking them to play my favorite karaoke song, Fancy by Reba McEntire.... Read More They not only learned the song, but invited me to come up and sing with them. It was a blast to say the least. The dance floor was packed from the first song to the last. What more could you ask for? Working in the music business I knew my guests would have high expectations for our wedding entertainment and this band far exceeded those expectations. My friends and family cannot quit talking about how great they were. A setlist to satisfy all ages for sure. Book this band only if you want to have the time of your life!

JD Dohnal

I had the desire to start my own wedding/special events band back in my college days, but finally made it a reality 9 years ago when I launched Top Tier. Besides being a musician with a passion for providing great entertainment, I wanted to utilize my people and business skills, while always focusing on providing excellent customer service! I know that someone's wedding day is one of the most important days in their life. It's always a true honor to be a part of a wedding, and I never take that responsibility or any client for granted! I'm so grateful for what Top Tier has become!