Total Image Hair and Makeup

(72)

Chicagoland, IL

We Specialize in Hair, Airbrush Makeup and Tanning

Our award winning artists have been making brides beautiful for over sixteen years. We offer high end services without the high end price. Our primary business is weddings so you get personal service throughout your entire experience. Visit our site to see our extensive photo gallery and more!

Type

Eyelash Extensions, Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Spas, Tanning

Chicagoland, IL

One of the best decisions for my wedding!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Jamie L

Total Image is amazing! Christa and her team did a fantastic job for my wedding this past August. My hair and makeup lasted all day and my mom, bridesmaids and I received constant compliments. From the hair and makeup trials up through the wedding day, it was such a pleasure to work with them. I did hair and makeup trials with three different salons and went with Total Image not just because they created the best look but because they were the most professional. I don’t get my hair done very often and I had never had my makeup professionally done, so I didn’t have a clear picture of what I wanted but I also knew what I didn’t want. Jessica and Julie really took the time to listen to my thoughts, make me comfortable and then worked their magic to give me a very natural, flawless look. On my wedding day, Jessica, Julie and Sara came to the hotel to do my hair and makeup along with my three bridesmaids and my mother. The final hair and makeup was so beautiful! It was stunning. I wanted to look like a better version of myself on my wedding day and not look in the mirror and see a stranger in makeup and nice hair. Jessica and Julie did an awesome job achieving the look I wanted! I felt comfortable, beautiful, and ready to get married. I’ve never looked better than I did on my wedding day and that’s all thanks to Total Image. My bridal party and I looked gorgeous and felt great all day. My hair and makeup lasted well into the evening and after party. My married friends were amazed at how well everything held up, telling me stories about their hair drooping and coming apart, and makeup melting away during their weddings. I looked great in all of my photographs too. I couldn’t be happier with the results. Total Image also did a great job with my bridal party especially with managing all of their various needs. My mother is incredibly fussy about everything! She rarely wears makeup and was very apprehensive about it. Jessica was so nice and patient, working with her until she was comfortable with the look. Even after she was done and my mom wanted it toned down a little after putting on her dress, Jessica made the adjustments. My mom loved it. One of my bridesmaids never does anything with her hair and even the thought of getting dressed up and wearing high heels for the wedding was daunting for her. I was a little worried that she would be uncomfortable. She found a picture online of a style that she liked and Julie recreated it perfectly. My bridesmaid was really happy with it and she just glowed at the wedding. I couldn’t stop admiring how wonderful my mom and all of my bridesmaids looked all day. They were all very pleased with the results. Book Total Image for your wedding! You won’t regret it. It is one of the best decisions I made for my wedding.

A flawless air brush bride!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Renad S

They are all amazing and know how to make a bride look natural but still beautiful. I loved my bridal makeup n my girls hairs. My makeup stayed till the next morning. Everything was waterproof!!!! And my bridesmaids hair looked amazing!!!!!! Thank u total image for making us all look so beautiful on our special day.

Perfection

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Olivia K

I recently got married on 8.17.13. I had gone to Total Image upon a referral and decided to check them out and have my hair and makeup trial back in March or April. I was delighted with my trial and decided to go with Total Image. I was assigned to Jackie Nelson for my hair and Jessica for my makeup. I loved these two girls. They were extremely professional with great suggestions and willing to listen to what I wanted on my wedding day. I decided I would have my 4 bridesmaids, the two mothers and myself get pampered on my wedding day. Both girls arrived early and were ready to work. We had so much fun with them as they were so personable and it was as if I had know the two girls for years. As my bridemaids were getting ready I was so excited to see my finished project as we all looked like movie stars. We looked runway ready or maybe we could be in a magazine. My hair turned out more beautiful than on the day of my trial. I have never seen myself look so beautiful with the amazing makeup Jessica did for me. The girls were perfectionists and were just as concerned with their finished products. I would highly recommend Total Image. My wedding pictures are amazing and am so proud to have these girls and total image be part of my special day. Well done girls!

Valentine's Day Wedding

Reviewed on 3/03/2015 Megan H

Total Image Hair and Makeup was beyond amazing!!! They made my bridesmaids and I look gorgeous for my Valentine's Day wedding! They went out of their way to make sure everyone in the bridal party was pleased with both their hair and makeup (even though some were trying a hairstyle different from their trial a few weeks prior). I can not say enough amazing things about this company! I have already recommended the company to two other soon-to-be brides and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone else.

Excellent Work

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Kristin S

I had 8 hair and 5 makeup needs for my wedding. The girls that came out were amazing, professional, and willing to make changes/touch ups based on feedback of the girls. I was extremely happy with my hair and makeup as the bride. Payment could have gone smoother as they required payment the week before. I had my girls call so they could put it on their own credit card, and it was challenging.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Lisa G

The hair and makeup artists were fantastic. Very friendly and able to do anything my bridesmaids wanted!

Fantastic Value

Reviewed on 9/25/2014

I could not be happier with how my stylists made me look for my wedding. I kind of looked at making me up as somewhat of a challenge but OMG! What a wonderful job they did. I am still getting compliments from family and friends about how well my hair stood up the humidity as well as the airbrush makeup. I never did a trial and these women really took time to listen to how I wanted to look and they pulled it off because I just couldn't have asked for a better result. Thank You both for your professionalism and talents!!

best hair and makeup vendor

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Rachel R

Christa and the Total Image team were awesome! Christa was so easy to work with and was available any time I needed her. Her and the team did hair and makeup for myself, the BMs, and both mothers in our hotel rooms. They brought everything they needed and worked with all of us to get the vision just right. Everyone loved how they looked and I could not have picked a better vendor. I would highly recommend them to anyone for their wedding day.

Wedding: 7/25/2014

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Emily H

I decided to go with Total Image after being referred to them by my hair dresser in the city and I am so glad I did!! They were amazing!! The were very professional, got there early, had everyone done in plenty of time, and most importantly made everyone look absolutely beautiful!! The bridesmaids, moms, and myself were getting compliments ALL night about how great our hair and makeup looked!!! Thanks again to the ladies at Total Image!!

Hair and makeup

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Vanessa L

I felt beautiful on my wedding day and I loved how my girls looked!

Good price, Great Service

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 Jessica A

I decided to use Total Image because their prices were reasonable and they will even travel to you for an extra fee. I chose to visit their salon location to save the extra cost. The salon doesn't look like too much. They are basically built to serve one or two people at a time. What makes this salon so great is the person who does your hair and makeup. These stylists are totally mobile, meaning they bring all of their tools/makeup with them. Andrea was the stylist that worked with me and she was wonderful. She asked me what I wanted and gave extra suggestions based on her experience. She also put me at ease on the day of my wedding when I started to get nervous about the upcoming ceremony. The hair and makeup looked great. However, I would definitely recommend getting a trial before the day to see what you are getting and make your final hair choices. That way you know what you will look like and approximately how long it will take.

Absolutely Wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/15/2014 Angela

Christa was wonderful, she did a great job on my makeup as well as my bridesmaids. She knew exactly what I wanted and her work was flawless. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist.

Bride with Large Party

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Felicia J

6 of my bridesmaids and I all got our hair and make up done by Total Image, and I would refer them to ANYONE!! They were professional, clean, polite, prepared, on-time, and listened to what each of us wanted, individually. They were PERFECTIONISTS! I could not leave my chair until every hair and every eyelash was in place! I really appreciated their eye for detail!! Also the value is unbelievable, I searched a lot of companies and could not find one that did BOTH hair and make up on-site for such a good single price ($140 per person, for both)

Last minute, flexible, BEAUTIFUL

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Melissa A

I waited until the last minute to find a makeup artist for my wedding. I did some research online and came across Total Image. They fit me in for a trial on the day of my shower. I got so many compliments!! The day of my wedding the artist, Melissa came to my hotel and did a BEAUTIFUL job for me, my mom and my best friend. It was perfect. The makeup lasted all day and looked absolutely gorgeous

My Daughter's Wedding June 7, 2014

Reviewed on 7/17/2014

Christa.. was great and so was her help with the hair. Thank you.

Great makeup!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Samantha S

We were very impressed! Christa is so nice and her price is reasonable! Would recommend her 100%.

Great hair and makeup!

Reviewed on 6/21/2014 Alishia N

I would absolutely recommend Total Image to others, as they did an amazing job for my wedding on 5/17/14. I was recommended to this company by my day of coordinators, and I was hooked after the trial. My makeup artist and hairstylist were super nice and approachable. They provided makeup and hair for myself, my 2 bridesmaids, and my mom and mother-in-law at our hotel. Everyone looked so pretty and amazing! They truly did a wonderful job! Our makeup and hair lasted throughout the whole day, which made it even more amazing. Thank you for helping me feel beautiful and still "me" on my wedding day!

Beauty Queen

Reviewed on 5/15/2014 Dana R

Every girl wants to look like a beauty queen on their wedding day. 100% flawless. Makeup is airbrushed on and holds all day, even through the tears. We sprayed finishing spray on after the makeup was set and lasted over 24 hours. We loved working with the girls and having them come to our house to do hair and makeup made the day so easy. My girls all had their hair done and most had their makeup done as well. Everyone looked amazing and our hair held up all day and night. My hair doesn't hold curls for more than an hour and mine lasted all day. Best experience ever!

Andrea was AMAZING

Reviewed on 5/06/2014 Sherry K

I used Total Image Bridal for mine and my mom’s hair and makeup on 4/18 for my wedding. Andrea was the person that came to my house and did our makeup. I cannot say enough about how wonderful she was. She went above and beyond what her job was that day. She helped the bridesmaids with dress malfunctions; she put a little lip gloss on the little girls to make them feel extra special and did a fantastic job and mine and my mom's hair and makeup. She was absolutely fantastic. She fit in like she should have been part of the family helping out. Again, I cannot say enough about how absolutely wonderful Andrea was. I would recommend her to anyone!! My makeup lasted all night and looked great as did my hair. Completely happy!

surprisingly amazing... could not ask for better

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Teresa W

so honestly, I was a little worried when I first booked their services. Was not in love with my hair nor makeup trial, but I was in a hurry. After another complimentary hair trial I was a bit more content. Christa (owner) was super understanding and has the bride's best interest at heart. They accommodated all of my schedule requests prior to the big day and then arrived ahead of schedule on the wedding day -prepared and very professional. My latest hairstylist had a major family medical issue that was going to extend to the wedding day, so Christa informed me that they may need to send in a back-up. This girl (blond) was AMAZING! Gave me the best hairstyle out of all of my trials! I would not have changed a single thing about my hair or make-up that day.

Great Job!

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Corrina G

Jen did a fantastic job on everyone's hair--all 6 of us were delighted! It's really simple to pay, as they take money the day of from each person. I also went in to have the trial done so we knew what the plan was the day of.

Excellent Experience!

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Erin M

Total Image was such a pleasure to work with. All of the ladies were very professional. They arrived at the hotel on time and worked very efficiently. They had 6 bridesmaids, two moms and the bride to do hair and make-up on. The results were amazing! Everyone looked beautiful. I highly recommend Total Image!

Fabulous

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Elizabeth O

Total Image was great to work with. My wedding was July 27th, and I contacted them at the end of May, which I guess I learned too late was kind of late in the game for finding a really good hair and makeup team, but I totally lucked out! I had a trial at the beginning of June and booked with them same day. They also did a trial for my mom. I loved the look while I was at the trial, but after taking some photos throughout the day and in different lights, I had a few concerns. Also, my hair didn't stay up for the whole day after the trial, so I took note of all my critiques. On the day of my wedding, I voiced my concerns, like undereye circles, freckles and blemishes not fully covered, my very pale eyebrows sometimes "disappearing" in photos, and curls of hair falling down. I'm glad I told them all my concerns, because they specifically paid attention to those needs and everyone told me all night how beautiful I looked! All the pictures of me I've seen so far are wonderful, so I can't wait to see what the professional photos look like with this hair and makeup! The one slightly negative thing was that my makeup artist was rushed the day of, as she had another wedding later in the day, so she did say a couple comments to my girls about hurrying up, but she did tell me that I shouldn't worry about it because it's my day and she wouldn't hurry with me.

Never felt more Beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Jacqueline R

My hair and makeup on my wedding day turned out absolutely stunning thanks to Total Images! After you decide to book them for your big day (very wise choice), here are some tips to get the most out of their services; First of all, I would definitely recommend booking the trial session. Unfortunately, this is not included in the price of the package like some other vendors, but I found it more than worth it. I scheduled the trial the day of my bachelorette party to "test" out the hair and makeup and discovered that I wanted my makeup actually less "natural" than I originally thought after looking at photos throughout the night. When you do the trial you have the time to find the look that's best for you, as opposed to freaking out on the day of. For example, at first I didn't like how the eye shadow looked on me and suggested a more brownish/gold color instead of the blue color originally used, which made me look older. This was important, because I didn't have to stress out the day of the wedding since we already had a plan in place. Also, I discovered that I wanted my up-do more poufy for the big day and Jen had no problem making this adjustment. She worked so fast and efficiently, even though she was seven months pregnant! FYI, I didn't want to pay an extra $10 for the fake eyelashes for my trial, but make sure you do for your wedding day - makes a huge difference! In addition, I would definitely suggest going for a spray tan a day or two before your wedding day - remember that even though the makeup is airbrush, it doesn't make you tanner! With multiple bridesmaids and family members getting their hair/makeup done, the payment process was a relief - everyone just paid separately (cash or credit) after their individual services were done. Christa is very easy to work with; you can call or text her directly on her cell instead of having to email. Thank you Jen and Christa for making me feel more beautiful than ever!

Stunning

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Sarah C

I have to say, I looked STUNNING on my wedding day. I thank the ladies at Total Image Bridal for their time and effort on my hair and make-up. Both of which lasted all day and night, with no need to touch up, and generally, I would due to oily skin. I couldn't believe how well it held up. It was especially nice that the team came out to my mom's house to work on me and complete updos for all of my bridesmaids. The only reason I did not give a five star review is because I was not happy with the tattoo coverup that was done. Most of it came off in the limo on the seat meaning it looked terrible when I arrived. Pictures show it terribly. After the ceremony I went in with my bridesmaids and we washed off what was left. i would absolutely recommend for hair and makeup. I would not recommend tattoo coverup.

Send Email