The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Say 'I do' in one of the tallest buildings in the heart of downtown Kansas City, Missouri. The Town Pavilion is a 38-story skyscraper located on lively Main Street with a modern, granite, glass and steel exterior. Home to commercial offices of major corporations, the Town Pavilion also hosts wedding ceremonies and receptions in its dramatic, multi-story Rotunda.

. Soaring ceilings, marble floors and tall columns accentuate the space, which can seat up to 300 guests. Billowy white drapery and a cascading wall of string lights transform the space from corporate to romantic and details, such as custom lighting of the bride and groom's names, add a unique touch to the event. A sweeping double staircase allows the newlyweds to make a grand debut for their guests, and space for a large dance floor means guests can dance the night away with abandon.

At the Town Pavilion, couples are able to bring in their own catering and bar service. A catering kitchen is available for use, and brides enjoy the flexibility of being able to choose the caterer that works best for their style and budget. An on-site coordinator can provide a list of preferred vendors with which couples can work and assist in coordinating with all of the different vendors.

Couples will find ample photography opportunities inside the Town Pavilion and Rotunda, from ornate staircases to the grand ballroom area, and even the front door to the building itself. Open stairwells allow couples to look down into the Rotunda and sneak a peek at the events unfolding below before officially joining the party, and photographers can take unique, aerial photographs of the wedding from this vantage point.

Couples may be interested to know that Kansas City's Oppenstein Brothers Memorial Park is right around the corner from the Town Pavilion, providing greenery and interesting artwork that could create a scenic backdrop for photos of the newlyweds. This unique, urban park was recently redesigned and is blooming with colorful flowers in the summer months.

• On-site event coordinator
  • Bridal suite
  • Free downtown parking for guests
  • Glass walkway from garage to wedding venue
  • 24-hour professional security
  • Close proximity to area attractions, such as the Kansas City Zoo and Worlds of Fun theme park

Town Pavilion

A day of celebration a lifetime of memories. The Rotunda at Town Pavilion will provide the backdrop for your wedding ceremony and/or reception or special occasion. Classic marble floors, a grand double staircase and stunning architectural features round out the space.

Ballroom

Planning, Rentals + Equipment

1111 Main Street, Kansas City, MO (816) 701-5038

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Mackenzie A

I had my wedding (both ceremony AND reception) here in April 2015 & it was absolutely wonderful! I received SO many compliments on what a beautiful space it was. There were a few glitches in the planning process, only because the original coordinator of the venue was having some... Read More health issues, but the coordinator who took over (Lori Glazer) was AMAZING. She definitely put my husband & I at ease, and we just fell in love with her from the second we met her. I highly recommend this venue to all future brides & grooms!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Molli B

We could not be happier that we chose Town Pavilion as our venue for our wedding--both ceremony and reception! The venue itself is so unique and gorgeous itself so we did not have to splurge on a ton of flowers and decorations. Lori was amazing to work with! My husband and I... Read More lived out of town since we got engaged--we only met with Lori in person once before the wedding (about 2 months prior). She is so reassuring and on top of things which really calmed our nerves! Everything was absolutely perfect on our big day. Guests are still commenting on how much they loved the venue!

WELL worth it!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Ashley S

If this venue is at the top of your budget - find a way to make it work and you will NOT regret it. We had our reception here and it's everything we dreamed it would be. The space looks WAY more expensive than it actually is - the only downside is providing your own lighting as... Read More the space is just the lobby of an office building. Lori the marketing manager is a true professional and such a calming presence during a stressful time! You're not only paying for a beautiful space but you'll get one of the best event directors in the city - she's kind and truly cares about the people she works with and will make sure your night is the most special night of your life. Dozens of guests have told us ours was the best wedding they've been to and I attribute it to Town Pavilion - the space is so grand and it will leave an impression on all of your guests!

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Katelin B

My wedding reception was the best ever! Coordinator was amazing and so helpful throughout the entire night!

2015-06-12T11:56:17 Response from the vendor

Katelin, you were a doll to work with. I enjoyed being a part of your special day. I still talk about your designer shoes. :) Lori Glazer Marketing Manager Town Pavilion Rotunda

Absolutely loved it!

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Kara G

The Town Pavilion was an amazing venue. I had both my wedding ceremony and reception there and couldn't be happier with it. Sharon the event coordinator is awesome

most beautiful venue ever

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 dee

Once I saw it I knew I didn't want to have my reception at any other venue in the city

LOOOOVED IT!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Amber P

We had our wedding reception at Town Pavilion, and we absolutely loved it! Sharon was excellent to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process. The floor layout was perfect for our large guest list, and the grand stair case was beautiful for our grand entrance.

Great downtown KC venue

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Larissa W

Venue was absolutely beautiful on our wedding day. We held both our wedding and reception there. It did not require a lot of decoration as it is already nice with the marble floors, vaulted ceilings, and pillars. Everyone loved the stair case and the flow of the building worked... Read More great for our 250 guests. Sharon Ko the venue coordinator is great to work with and was always easy to get in touch with either through emails or phone calls. She is very personable and easy going. The only issue I had was that we should of met more as we probably only met face to face about 2 times before our wedding which left me a bit stress wondering if we were on the same page. However, everything turned out great and things ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend this venue!

Perfect day

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Sarah J

We LOVED Town Pavilion. Sharon made everything so easy and perfect. Wonderful location and beautiful.

AMAZING Reception Hall

Reviewed on 6/01/2013 Krystle S

I cannot say enough about 1) how beautiful this space is and 2) how easy coordinating everything was with Sharon Ko (the space's coordinator)! The high ceilings are breathtaking, and the stair entrance is just incredible. Sharon made working with all the other vendors so... Read More incredibly easy. Just the PERFECT place for our reception!

Perfect venue for an elegant evening!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Lauren C

I originally heard about the Town Pavilion from my mom who works in the building. She contacted Sharon Ko and we set up our wedding reception on the 25th floor. It was amazing! Everyone commented on how beautiful the venue and the view of the city was. We had a classic and... Read More elegant wedding and this was the perfect venue for our reception. We highly recommend this!!

our venue

Reviewed on 9/27/2011 jahaan m

the venue was absolutely gorgeous... It was as beautiful and unique as we imagined it to be. Definitely well worth the price.

Town Pavilion -- the Whole Package

Reviewed on 9/02/2011 Linda B

The event space is huge, but versatile. We used it for the wedding and the reception. The columns, marble steps and patterned floor, combined with with the grand rotunda design offers a grandeur backdrop with little additional decorating necessary. A big plus was the secure,... Read More covered (free) parking for guests, and the glass walkway from the parking garage to the event space. We loved the area used for the cocktail reception and buffet. And there is a new kitchen for catering. You can bring in your own caterer, and your own alcohol. Sharon Ko is the event planner; she is very nice to work with, and will "take over" on the day of the wedding. We had a great experience there. For our Saturday night wedding we were able to deliver items to the Pavilion Friday afternoon, and pick up items on Sunday, if needed. I compared it with 4-5 other spaces downtown, and it's a great value. Guests were impressed.

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 10/12/2010 Catherine H

I knew from the moment we meet Sharon (venue coordinator) that Town Pavilion was the place we were supposed to get married at. The venue is beautiful by itself, so we really did not have to do much decoration. We received so many compliments on the wedding and the reception.... Read More And Sharon is amazing - she made sure everything was covered and helped us through everything we needed for our wedding day. She was wonderful and I could not have been happier with the how the venue looked for our wedding and reception!

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 9/14/2010 Beth B

Sharon (venue's coordinator) was very helpful, and the venue was beautiful! I'm so glad I chose this place... we couldn't have been happier with how it looked for our wedding!

Meet The Manager

Lori Glazer

With 20 years of event planning experience, Lori will work with you to bring your vision to reality! Her fun personality makes even the most stressful moments manageable. Lori takes pride in working your event from start to finish and always tells her clients: the sky is the limit!