Traverse City Golf & Country Club

Traverse City Golf & Country Club is the only private Club located in the heart of Traverse City. While we do offer affordable membership options for the happy couple, it is not necessary to be a member of TCG&CC to book your big day with us. Brides and grooms are certainly treated like members, though, and regardless of the size, budget and style of the event, our staff will cater to your needs and ensure your wedding is everything you have imagined and so much more. Enjoy a night of celebration with fine cuisine, an expansive dance floor and the highest quality service. Not from the area? Traverse City is a Northern Michigan destination where your wedding party and guests will appreciate our beautiful state park, miles of sandy lakeshore and quaint downtown.

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue

Destination Weddings, Food + Catering

1725 S. Union Street, Traverse City, MI (231) 947-9140

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Lindsey R

To put it simply - our reception at the club was PERFECT! Everything from the planning, to the day of was just wonderful. Janet was wonderful to work with and made sure all of our details and special requests were taken care of. The space itself is stunning - beautiful dining... Read More area, great balcony for outdoor mingling, clean and lovely restrooms, nice big parking lot and great flow throughout the property. The staff was fantastic catering for our large group - we had several comments after the wedding about how great the service was and how delicious the appetizers and main courses were. I would not have changed a thing! I have been to several weddings at the club, and as a guest and as the bride, I have loved all of my experiences. You will be so happy if you choose the club - they take care of so many details to make sure your big day is perfect. I can not say enough about the club. :)

2018-02-07T07:40:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lindsey, we were delighted to be the host for your beautiful wedding day!

Reviewed on 2/06/2018

I have been a member of the club for years so the club was already a possible venue location when my daughter and I searched venues in the Traverse City area. There were a number of reasons the club made our choice easy. Janet, the food and beverage manager has been... Read More unbelievably available and helpful over the years for any event I have hosted at the club. She went above and beyond for Morgan's wedding. The dining staff, each and every one, are accommodating, knowledgeable and enjoyable. The club has a fine dining reputation, bar none, in Traverse City thanks to Chef Chris. I cannot count how often I've had dinner guests announce that they LOVE the food at the club! There were 240 guests for Morgan's wedding. I was so pleased at the number of compliments I received regarding how great the food was. Also in checking out other venues and their costs for dinner, drinks and venue site I was pleased that the club was actually more economical. Morgan was the first of my children to get married so, checking out the venue cost was quite an education! One of the club dining managers referred his mother and sister's event company to us for the decorating and flowers. They did an amazing job! They had the FULL support of Janet and her staff in that the club assisted any time the event company needed help. This freed us up and relieved potential wedding stress. The "Gem on the Hill" was a gorgeous backdrop for Morgan's day. Our golf course has a reputation for impeccable conditions which afforded for a great background for wedding photos. The views of the course from the club house added the finishing touches to a weather perfect day. I so love the nostalgia that Morgan took golf lessons at the club when she was 5 and then celebrated her wedding there 20 years later at 25. And finally when my daughter said her wedding day was "magical" I was so grateful - it fully confirmed we had picked the best venue for her magic.

2018-02-07T07:44:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meg, we were delighted to be the host for Morgan's beautiful wedding day! The Club is where "Magic Begins" and we are happy that we were able to help celebrate with them and create wonderful memories.

Meet The Director of Marketing

Susan Ling

Susan is the Membership & Marketing Director with Traverse City Golf & Country Club. She moved from the suburbs of Detroit to Northern Michigan and began her career in meetings and conferences along with the group golf business for a major resort. In addition, she was the Special Events Director for a popular golf club coordinating all private events such as weddings, receptions, bridal showers, and meetings. Susan prides herself on developing and fostering relationships with everyone she meets and exceeding guest expectations in only providing excellent guest service.