I wanted to thank you for an incredible experience at a magical venue. We share a unique love for architecture, nature, and people of good nature.
The moment I arrived at my Wedding Day I was greeted with coldness and hostility. Thi...
s was unacceptable. I felt like a chicken with my head cut off for a period of about 30 minutes when I had one million things that needed my close attention. Please don’t do this to another groom one day, no matter what they do. The day was absolutely perfect and this experience made it even better because it helped me develop more of a protective cloak for Rachel. She says that she mentioned to you that our dog is an Emotional Support animal (not service animal which is different, details matter) and I believe her. Thank you for clearing this up afterwards. You were so incredibly helpful after this.
The following morning we were greeted again with rudeness and hostility by several people on site. I do not care what single-person-tour was scheduled at 10am. That was Treehouse Point’s Scheduling Fiasco. I don’t care who they were. I don’t. My family is from Kentucky and Rachel’s family is from the region of China. We are now familiar with the Seattle Freeze. We did not trash the place or party too hard (no such thing at a wedding). We were as respectful as humanly possible. Literally. Not too sure what their beef was. They don’t seem to like their job and need to go elsewhere. Please. Treehouse Point doesn’t deserve this treatment.
There were, however, two loving and helpful individuals, I don’t remember their names, but one was older helping with the breakfast and one was younger helping with exit coordination. They know who they are. Please find these individuals and do your best to keep them around. They are my favorite people in your organization. (Aside from the team of treehouse designers and builders, of course)
I would suggest a staff meeting with the top level staff and bring this to their attention. I have a strong gut feeling it might be a top down issue, but that’s not for me to worry about.
I would also recommend having more of a buffer for the exit. If a group of 80 people, coming from all over the world, decide to throw a party in the woods, you should not expect them to have a prompt exit strategy. 95% of us were gone by 11:20 AM and the remaining 5% were NASTILY pushed out. We were happily cleaning up and leaving. The nastiness did not change anything, other than our feelings. It did not help us move quicker. Rachel and I were the last ones to leave at 11:57 AM.
Please use this as a Case Study for future BIG TIME events. And yes, I sure do understand the mentality of the owner. There should be exceptions.
We look forward to coming back as respectful guests one day. Hopefully with our future children. What a magical place.
Please, Do not apologize or respond; We can only live well without regret!