Trifles

Bow2010

6585 Commerce Road, West Bloomfield, MI

September 13, 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Jackie D

Gwen at trifles is amazing. She did such a great job in bringing our vision to edible life. Our Guests loved the cake so much that it was all gone at the end of the night! I will definitely continue wen to use trifles for any future cake needs, And the dessert pizza is a amazing too! Thank you Gwen for everything! Jackie & Ben

Tasted great but looked messy

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Lins E

The cake was absolutely delicious but unfortunately it looked absolutely nothing like the picture I gave her to copy. It was bright green and looked very rushed through! very disappointed in how it looked but everyone said it tasted great....

Wonderful presentation

Reviewed on 12/17/2013 Christie R

We wanted to have cupcakes instead of a traditional tiered cake, and Trifles definitely delivered. We got to sample a bunch of their treats during our consultation appointment, and didn't find a single thing we didn't love. They have a huge variety of sweets and treats, and we willing to work within our budget while still offering a large range of choices for our guests. The staff is incredibly creative and came up with a beautiful display to compliment our colors and theme.

Our Cake was Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/26/2013 Corrie W

Our cake was fabulous! Gwen fit us in on very short notice to meet about our cake. We got everything we wanted in our cake!

great tasting cake

Reviewed on 3/23/2013 Kay Lyn S

I had a 3 tier cake and also mini cheesecakes. Many of my guests said it was the best tasting cake they've ever had at a wedding. The display was beautiful and the taste was amazing.

Wonderful cake!

Reviewed on 3/06/2013 Jenna P

Trifles provided our wedding cake for our reception at Waldenwoods Resort in Hartland MI on February 9th 2013. We had a three tiered round cake with white frosting and ivory piping with a custom cake topper, buttercream frosting, and two flavors - a white cake with white chocolate chantilly cream and raspberry chantilly cream and chocolate cake with chocolate chantilly cream and raspberry chantilly cream. My (now) husband and I met with Gwen (the owner) several times before the wedding and each time she offered us a tasting to remind us of our options. She was very helpful in picking out the size of cake and the amount of sheet cake we would need to accommodate our guests as well as discussing options in our price range. For what we got I feel that the price was excellent! I did a custom design for the cake which I drew myself and Gwen re-created perfectly! She even added small metallic gold balls through the design to add a tiny hint of sparkle (gold was one of our colors). The beautiful cake stand she provided (free of charge) also complimented the ornate style of our wedding. Most importantly - the cake tasted delicious! It was moist, very flavorful, and VERY rich. Gwen had worked with Waldenwoods several times so she knew when to drop the cake off, who to talk to, where to take it to, etc. so that was very helpful to me as it was one less thing I needed to worry about. I do not have any complaints about my experience with Trifles, Gwen, or the results, and I would absolutely recommend Trifles.

Wow.. Um... ??

Reviewed on 2/15/2013 Stacey B

Booked this baker a year in advance for our wedding. She promised the cake would look like the photo I brought in to her... Well she it showed up to the reception the only thing that kind matched the photo was the colors! And the best part was it was leaning backwards like it was going to fall of the table. Kind of a let down, but it still tasted alright. I'd be hesitant in booking with her again. I think she says she'll make what you want and then does whatever she has time for.

beautiful but mixed up cake

Reviewed on 10/20/2012 Chelsea C

My cake from Gwen was gorgeous and tasted delicious. However it wasn't even remotely what we asked for. Not the right flavors, not the right colors but tasty and pretty nonetheless.

The Best

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 maggie l

Gwen was the very best to work with, as we talked about what we wanted she was drawing a picture of the cake as we talked. We wanted a hazelnut cake she made exactly what we wanted.Our guess enjoyed every bite. Gwen is a very talented artist our cake not only looked beautiful it taste awesome. I am so happy we went with Gwen, we went to a lot of cake tasting and once we met Gwen and then taste her samples we were hooked. We will continnue to by all our cakes and or desserts from Gwen she takes pride in every cake, cupcake, candies etc. she makes. She is a very hard worker and she makes sure her customers are very happy and yes Gwen you have one more satisfied customer. Thank you, you are awesome. Maggie & Mike

Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Danielle W

I think of all the things I was excited about at my wedding, the cake is what I couldnt wait for! We have the most beautiful cake with 4 tiers. All 4 were different flavors and were just amazing!!

LOVED TRIFLES

Reviewed on 8/24/2012 Chandler L

Gwen was awesome to work with! We didn't really know what we wanted for our wedding cupcakes, but she patiently worked with us and helped us figure it out, and made the most amazing cupcakes for our wedding! I loved walking into our reception and seeing the most beautiful, elegant, artistic, and delicious looking cupcake display! Our guests LOVED the gorgeous details on the cupcakes and they LOVED how amazing they tasted too! Gwen even made a special low sugar cupcake for my dad, who has diabetes. I would recommend Trifles to anyone looking for an amazing product and awesome service! :)

Beautiful Display

Reviewed on 7/22/2012 Leslie G

Cupcakes were great, got rave reviews from all of your guests!

INCREDIBLE!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 Bonnie W

Gwen did an amazing job creating the most beautiful wedding cake for our head table and a cupcake tower filled with cupcakes, small cheesecakes, and cannolis!!! They were so picture perfect that the photographer included several pics of them in our album. As always, they were delicious and all gone by the end of the reception! Trifles is the BEST!!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 9/08/2011 Jena W

Gwen took the time to really listen to what we wanted. We met with her for a tasting and really liked what she offered. We wanted a strawberry/chocolate marble - something she had never done before - so she made up a small sample cake for us to try for a second tasting.. It was amazing! The only thing my husband looked forward to was this cake. We had 3 tiers and a grooms cake. All 4 were completely different, giving us basically 4 cakes. I gave Gwen a picture of a design I made, and the cake was exactly what I drew. I couldn't be happier with the results!

Fabulous, Elegant, and Creative :)

Reviewed on 8/15/2011 Amanda O

Trifles is a spectacular vendor to work with. Gwen is fabulous at whatever she does and was more than willing to help me come up with ideas and work within my budget. She knows what shes doing and has a great cake/bakery. I have recommended her to all my friends who are getting married! I am still getting emails from guests and even friends of guests, telling me how awesome my cake was!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 7/09/2011 Ashlee U

The owner sits down and plans out your cake with you when you make an appointment. My cake was everything I wanted plus more! She is a little more money then some, but well worth it!

Thank you Gwen!

Reviewed on 11/05/2010 Jessica D

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I can't say it enough, in a sea of upsetting vendors Gwen was the one I felt really earned her money. My cake was beautiful, it tasted divine and not once did I have to worry about whether or not it would turn out alright. I must have changed my mind about three times on the design and Gwen always adapted well and gave me honest input, she was a true pleasure to work with. When I got fed up with my venue/catering I called her up and begged her to do an appetizer table for me. She of course I agreed with very little notice and my guests loved it! Espically the bacon pastry, and I didn't even get to try one! I can't say enough praises she has earned my husband and I's buisness for life.

A little problem...

Reviewed on 8/11/2010 Liz F

The owner was very nice and was willing to work with my budget. I choose one of the "budget cakes." It was pretty and tasted good, but it was a little on the small side. It was to serve all of my guest and there was not enough cake! The pieces were cut very, very small and there still wasn't enough! Luckily my reception venue had a house cake to serve the rest of my guest!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Stephanie H

Gwen was really easy to work with. Her cake captured our vision for our wedding and was so delicious!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Keesha M

She was so easy to work with and could create anything. The cake looked awesome and tasted amazing.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Nicole M

Gwen (the owner) was wonderful to work with. She is extremely creative and took our vision, input her artistic touch and created a beautiful, yummy cake! We can't wait to eat the top cake on our anniversary on 10/6!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Shannon G

The owner has a great reputation and was already booked that day. She did warn me that an employee would be handling my wedding. At the tasting we met and dealt with her, the cake was delicious and she definitely knows her stuff.;My cake was not very good, and it is hard to find a cake I don't like. The carrot cake had way too much frosting, it was all frosting, no cake. The white cake with raspberry filling was just blah. My third flavor was banana cake, my fav, it was the best of the three, but not the best I've ever had. The most disappointing part is our colors were silver and black and the cake had black ribbon and was suppose to have the little silver round pieces of candy all over it, and they did not put any of them on. It looked very plain because of it, and not at all what I ordered.

Reviewed on 9/07/2008 NICOLE H

She made our cake exactly the way we wanted from the colors to the filling it was wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/21/2007 Halei B

she had a great portfolio and seemed excited to work with us.;the design we agreed on was not what she did for the wedding. the color was wrong. the cake was lop-sided. i was very disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/25/2007 Jennifer P

wrong color, but I didn't mind it still looked great, I think I should have been more specific

Send Email