Trinity River Audubon Center

Dallas, TX

Book Your Wedding with Trinity River Audubon Center

A BALLROOM IN DALLAS, TX

Trinity River Audubon Center is a mere 8 miles southeast of downtown Dallas, Texas, yet feels a world away. Surrounded by a 120-acre nature reserve, the estate offers a remarkable array of indoor and outdoor spaces to capture photographs and stolen kisses. For couples envisioning an outdoor wedding, there are sweeping meadows and trees the color of Wasabi to provide a stunning backdrop. Under an arch covered in flourishing blooms, couples can exchange vows in front of their family and friends.

From the wildflower-dotted prairie to the contemporary architecture organic beauty radiates throughout the Trinity River Audubon Center. To-be-weds can choose from a variety of places to say "I do" and host a reception.

Covered Deck offers a gorgeous backdrop for any couple seeking a romantic venue at which to tie the knot. Couples and guests enjoy wildlife that swoops and roams nearby. The gentle sounds of nature provide a tranquil soundtrack to a dream ceremony.

Great Hall is the largest area for a ceremony or reception and accommodates 200 guests for a seated dinner or up to 300 for a standing reception. With cocktails in hand and a stunning sunset in the background, guests can wander into this area for a celebration. Bamboo floors, expansive ceilings, recessed lighting and 15-foot windows welcome them. A panoramic view of nature is visible from every corner of the space and guests can stop by the adjacent shop to purchase any souvenirs desired.

Multipurpose Room is an optimum place for couples who want to decorate according to their unique vision. With Texan pecan veneer paneling and two graceful windows overlooking the preserve, this room can accommodate up to 75 guests seated six to a table or 97 guests in theater-style seating.

An extra fee is attached to ceremonies and receptions on the covered deck or in the butterfly garden. Catering is provided through Bolsa Mercado. Alternatively, couples may select an outside caterer. Couples must hire a wedding coordinator. Rentals are for four hours minimum. The earliest setup time is 2 p.m. except on Sundays, when it is 3 p.m. and all music must end no later than midnight. Access to the bridal room is available before 2 p.m. for an additional hourly charge. The venue must approve all decorations. Birdseed and lavender are permitted, as is amplified music both indoors and outdoors. No smoking is allowed on the premises.

Wedding packages include the following:

• Onsite manager the day of the event
  • Bride and groom's dressing area
  • Coat check room
  • Tables and chairs
  • Kitchen for food preparation

Where Natural Meets Modern

Just 8 miles southeast of Downtown Dallas, another world exists here at The Trinity River Audubon Center (TRAC). With its expansive views of incredible wildlife and nature, situated on a 120-acre nature preserve, TRAC is a unique and ideal venue for indoor and/or outdoor weddings and other private

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Loft, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

6500 Great Trinity Forest Blvd, Dallas, TX (214) 254-4936

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Holly

The venue was everything I wanted in a venue, unique, outdoorsy, architecturally significant, and downright beautiful. I am very happy we choose to have our wedding here, we had several people compliment on the venue. It was the perfect blend of indoor and outdoor space, and... Read More having our ceremony in the butterfly garden was perfect. There were a a few drawbacks that I will list so you are not surprised- This is a nature center and was not originally planned to hold large events like weddings. I had about 165 guests plus vendors. HVAC system was not designed to support that many people, so it got pretty warm in the space during the reception. But that was worth it for the beauty of the venue. Also note you will have to rent your own linens, chairs, silverware/plates/cups, any extra lighting, etc. Its an expense that will be more then you think. Also, you don't have a choice of caterer with the venue. The food is great, they offer the option for it to be served family style, service was good, and the beer selection was local, all and all good - but wow, the catering was expensive.

Modern & Rustic

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Christina B

Beautiful, beautiful venue and Shannon is great! Watch out on impact to rentals budget - linens and lighting not included in rental, etc.

My Audubon Wedding

Reviewed on 7/26/2013 Erin C

The audubon is beautiful! My pros: beautiful. Really the only place in Dallas with such a light feel and a good price! They allowed for a lot of flexibility with decorations and I was really able to make this place my own. They were easy to work with, accommodated lots of... Read More people, and was a great price! My cons: You have to use Bolsa at the caterer. Which Bolsa is absolutely delicious and easy to work with as well, they are a little pricier than the venue is. The audubon closes at 4 everyday and the rehearsal dinner has to be during normal business hours. Luckily, my wedding was on a Friday and they're open late some Thursday nights, but about a week before the wedding I found out some turtle exhibit was happening and we were unable to have the space for our rehearsal. It turned out to not be that big of a deal, but still a bummer! Overall, I LOVED this place and wouldn't have had my wedding anywhere else in Dallas!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017

Let me begin by saying that if you want to get married in Dallas it should be done at the Trinity River Audubon Center. My Partner and I had heard about it from a friend who had a cousin get married there in 2015. We went and toured it with Hollie, who was our day of point... Read More contact and who was fabulous, and fell in love on the spot. We actually purchased a membership to the center as we are avid bird lovers and nature enthusiasts. The great hall was the perfect place for the reception with enough room for our 175 guests. They also partner with Bolsa for their catering, which was a huge help because we've been fans since they opened in Oak Cliff. All in All I would highly recommend this spot for the "big day" knowing how I was catered to and know they would do the same for you. Cheers Michael and Jonathan

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Maggie B

We were married here in June 2016 and could not have been happier with everything. The grounds are so beautiful that it's hard to believe Downtown Dallas is 20 minutes away. The main hall has floor to ceiling windows so with beautiful views of the river and grounds, which at... Read More that time of year had lots of wildflowers. The staff, which is led by Shannon, are excellent and professional. Shannon was always very gracious to myself and our loved ones and genuinely cared about our wedding day. She is detail oriented and helps guide you along the entire process. You will be in great hands and I highly recommend TRAC! And the food was awesome! It's catered by Bolsa located in Bishop Arts, and was the best wedding food I've ever had. Thanks to Shannon and all the staff at TRAC for a unique and memorable wedding day!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Jennifer S

This venue was everything I had always dreamed........and MORE! The modern architecture along with the natural surroundings makes a perfect setting for weddings. Shannon was such a joy to work with. She was on top of every detail and was attentive from day one! She worked... Read More hard at accommodating all of our needs from budget to special dietary needs. Bolsa is the exclusive caterer, and they executed our custom menu perfectly!! This venue does not disappoint. Thank you Trinity River Audubon and Shannon for making my dream wedding a reality!!!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Michelle E

We had the best time of our lives! Working with Shannon was wonderful - she obviously loves her job. The Trinity River Audubon Center is such a beautiful place and still undiscovered by the masses. Its a definite choice if we did it all over again.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Emily F

We LOOOVVVVED having our wedding here!! It's BEAUTIFUL and so unique!!! All the guests oo'ed and awed and still talk about how beautiful our venue was! Working with Holly from Bolsa was great, we ended up not using them for catering (Celebration Restaurant is the other cheaper... Read More option) but we hired Holly as the day of coordinator and it was an excellent decision. Some details about the day were lost in translation but she was super easy going and changed them right away. Can't recommend this hidden gem enough. So gorgeous.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Elizabeth H

The venue is beautiful, but unfortunately we experienced far more cons than pros. First, the A/C in the venue went out (in June) and the staff made little effort to mitigate the situation. They purchased a couple of fans and then told my mom-who was rather stressed-"that it... Read More wasn't going to get any better" and that there wasn't anything else they could do. Watch out on rentals. They don't tell you up front that you have to rent EVERYTHING. We didn't find out until 3 weeks before the wedding that we would have to rent a full sized convection oven for the catering. Emails often go unanswered for weeks, despite multiple follow ups. Catering proposals often have errors (costly ones!) so be sure to pay attention. We were initially told that we wouldn't need the guest count until two weeks before the wedding and had the invitations printed to reflect that. Then a month out we told we were past due on a number and had to have it locked in. I could go on, but you get the gist... Proceed with caution, and make sure to get EVERYTHING in writing if you can. I tried, but didn't work out. Really disappointing experience.

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Karen P

The Trinity River Audubon Center (TRAC) is a stunning wedding venue. Most likely, none of your guests have heard of it or been there. All our guests were very impressed with how beautiful TRAC is. Some notes: * DO NOT COUNT ON UBER. The drivers can't find TRAC in the dark... Read More (even with the Uber app) because the TRAC sign is set too far back from Loop 12. We had multiple drivers cancel on guests and us. A friend drove us back to the hotel. That ended up being a fun ride but complicated our exit plan and caused stress for our guests. * We had Bolsa cater a family-style dinner. The food was amazing. I had multiple "best wedding food ever" comments from guests. * We also did our event set-up and rentals through Bolsa. Everything went off without a hitch and looked great. * Probably best as an early spring / late fall venue. Late spring / summer would be too hot to take advantage of the best TRAC has to offer - its outdoor features. Also, it was pretty warm *inside* TRAC on a day where temps outside peaked in the low 80s. Winter, all the green stuff outside is going to be gone or brown. * TRAC charges $300ish to use the Butterfly Garden for ceremonies. You will not get a refund if it rains and your ceremony takes place elsewhere. * TRAC will suggest that you set up your photobooth inside a small theatre off the main room. Have your photobooth vendor bring a fan or provide one yourself - it gets super sweaty hot in there with all the people and equipment. Make sure your DJ makes an announcement telling your guests where the photobooth is.

Trinity River Audubon Center

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Jean N

When I was searching for wedding venues, TRAC was at the top of my list before I even saw it. The building is amazing, and it feels like it’s a hundred miles away from Dallas without actually being outside of the city. Even our guests that were from Dallas had no idea that... Read More TRAC existed. Since TRAC now works together with Bolsa Mercado, I mainly dealt with Rachel from Bolsa. She is very easy and flexible to work with. (You can read more about her on my review of Bolsa Mercado.) The only issue I had with TRAC was that we weren’t allowed to use candles or hang anything on the walls or ceilings, so decorations were limited. We had 160 guests seated at 4 long tables, and there was plenty of room to move around.