Troy Marks and No Idea

Serving the South

Troy Marks and No Idea is the ultimate wedding band, bringing great music to your special day. Together since 1994, the band plays over 50 wedding shows a year and is a seasoned, professional group, offering a dynamic range of popular hits from numerous eras.

Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Music

Kenner, LA
Serving the South

Reviewed on 5/04/2012 Judy E

I first heard No Idea Band at my cousin's wedding and was very impressed. I got a card from them and even though my daughter was not yet engaged, I held on to it for future use. When she became engaged and we were planning the wedding, I checked No Idea's website and found... Read More out where they were playing. They went to see them and called me the very next day and told me to book them. They absolutely loved them and they didn't want to see any other band. Everyone loved them at the wedding and had a wonderful time. Everyone was involved and dancing and I was told it was the best wedding ever. They loved the music. I would hire them again in a minute. Also, working with them was a breeze. Did no have to track them down and they were very accomodating. Their website was vey helpful and I plan to going to see them again and know I will have the best time ever!!!!

Reviewed on 2/04/2014 Frances G

I just wanted to THANK YOU SO MUCH for playing for Kurt & I's wedding 01/18/14 @ City Park Arbor Room. It was such an incredible night for us!!! I first heard you play at my cousin's wedding 6 yrs ago, then again at St. Charles Borromeo school fair this year, and my friends... Read More wedding in September... I knew as soon as we got engaged I wanted to book yall to play for our wedding. And it was the best decision ever!!! You guys are amazing and can master any and every song you played!!!! My guest couldn't stop talking about how awesome you guys were. I've never seen a wedding with the dance floor packed the entire night. From the oldest guest to the youngest, everyone rocked the dance floor. Thanks again for making our wedding night perfect and an incredible memory to cherish forever! An even bigger thank you for being so easy to work with and wonderful from the very beginning.

Fun, engaging band

Reviewed on 12/23/2013 Anna G

No Idea played at our reception and we really liked them. The groom and myself had never heard them play before - we booked them solely based on recommendations from people we knew, but we are glad we did. It was important to us that we not only got to talk to our guests and... Read More thank them for coming, but that we also got to dance and enjoy the reception. We definitely got to do that! We had a smaller wedding (~130) and I was a little worried with a smaller crowd people would be more hesitant to dance. No Idea got everyone dancing and kept them dancing throughout the night. Enjoyed working with them!

So Much Fun!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Katelyn P

Choosing a band was not easy for me -- music isn't one of my main interests. I went off the the list provided by my reception venue without any real knowledge of selecting a band. Trying to just determine who was available and how much it would cost, I called and spoke to Troy... Read More Marks after looking at their website. He quoted me a price that was $1500 lower than any other band (because we had an afternoon reception), we went with them. No Idea turned out to be absolutely incredible. They made our reception so much fun and played a great mix of music. I am confident that they are the reason so many of my wedding guests told me it was the best wedding they had attended.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Hayden M

Great Band. Had the entire wedding party up and dancing all night long. I had nothing to go on except online music samples and reviews. Very entertaining and affordable. We couldn't have been happier. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Jessica P

The first item to be booked for my wedding! There is no other option! Could not have been happier with my reception and the great performance Troy Marks and No Idea had at my wedding. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie M

We had the time of our lives at our wedding! This band knows how to make the party happen! So many wonderful, personalized touches and entertainment made our event so memorable to all of our guests!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Jeannie D

The best. The dance floor was never empty. People still talking about how much it was and how good the band was. Very affordable and the best thing is they aren't too big so they don't overwhelm the venue. Highly highly recommended. Troy very easy to work with. LOVE.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Katie M

Troy and No Idea did a fantastic job at not one but five of our family parties and weddings! We hire them over and over. They are always so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Alana W

Troy and No Idea were fantastic! We did not leave the dance floor and everyone had a blast! My husband did not want a band but afterwards said he was so glad that we had No Idea. They were so easy to work with and learned the song I wanted for our first dance. They listened to... Read More all of our requests and played everything we asked! Top Notch and the best wedding band in NOLA! You cannot go wrong with Troy Marks and No Idea!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Lauren D

My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Troy Marks & No Idea. They are very reasonably priced and put on an amazing performance! The dance floor was NEVER empty during our 4 hour reception. Our wedding was 5 months ago and many of our guests are still talking about how awesome our... Read More band was.

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

Troy Marks and No Idea were amazing! We received so many compliments on them! They made the reception extra special and we were so glad we chose them!! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Brooke T

My husband and I lovedddddddd No idea!!!! Best decision ever made. Everyone was on the dance floor all night!!!! We could not have asked for a better band! We loved you guys! Thank you so much for making our special day one that we will never forget! Thanks for keeping the party... Read More going!!! Love, Chris and Brooke

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Alison K

Love this band! The guests had a blast and loved the band as well! Lots of positive feedback from the guests at my wedding.

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Emily M

Troy Marks and the No Idea Band were AWESOME! They truly made our wedding a hit! The two things my husband and I really cared about for our wedding was a great band and a good open bar -- Troy and No Idea could not have been better!! They played the best mix of songs that kept... Read More our ENTIRE wedding on their feet and dancing the whole time. I can't even begin to count the number of people that came up to us afterwards and said they were the best wedding band they'd ever heard. Having a Jewish/West Virginia wedding we had some special request for the Hora and a rousing sing-a-long to Country Roads, and they made it perfect! Everyone was really sore the next day from 4 hours of dancing, which was exactly what our goal was! If you want a great party, hire this band!!

Hands down, best wedding band...ever!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Kamryn Y

"Picking the band" was pretty much the one wedding task my husband really had a strong opinion about, so when it came time to pick the band, he interviewed and listened to samples from a number of bands before selecting Troy Marks. We had never heard them in person (we are from... Read More Los Angeles) so we were a bit nervous to see how it would all play out, since in our opinion, the wedding band determines how much fun the party is, but Troy Marks and the No Idea band did not disappoint! They were amazing! Our guests had the best time and our dance floor was packed the entire time- if the band could have kept playing until 3AM, our wedding guests would have been there...dancing! We got so many compliments on how great they were and I can't even tell you how many people told us that Troy and the No Idea Band were easily the best wedding band they had ever heard. I highly recommend using Troy Marks and the No Idea Band!

Wow. Just wow.

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Amanda G

Hiring a band, especially considering we don't live in New Orleans, was sort of our "wild card" vendor. We had never heard them perform live and all of our business was conducted via email so we were obviously a bit anxious. However, there was ZERO reason for concern, because... Read More they were one of the best choices we made for our entire wedding! We gave No Idea an idea of which songs to play, but we also have them free reign to play intuitively based on what the crowd seemed to like...they even allowed the groom (guitar) and matron of honor (bass) to play a song, as well as letting some of our cousins rap to the Humpty Dance. They were SO accommodating and energetic. Don't hesitate. They're fun, friendly, & amazing performers...all of our guests were still talking about it the next morning!!!

Best wedding band ever!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Amanda S

Troy Marks and the No Idea Band played for my wedding and everyone had so much fun dancing to them! They played a variety of songs from Twist and Shout to All About the Bass and kept everyone of all ages dancing all night long. They were also super easy to work with and even... Read More accommodated last minute changes. I highly recommend this band if you want everyone at your wedding to have a good time!

Reviewed on 9/05/2014

No Idea Band could not have been more perfect! They absolutely made the entire night and played such a great mix of new and classic songs. People at my wedding did not stop dancing from the time they started playing until the night was over. It was so great and they were SO much... Read More fun!! They were so interactive with the crowd and really got everyone excited. I can't count how many people have told me that it was the most fun wedding they have ever been to in their lives and I give No Idea most of the credit for that! More importantly, I had so much fun dancing at my own wedding! My husband and I never left the dance floor unless we had to. It was so much fun and I would highly recommend them to anyone! They were also extremely easy to work with which makes things so much easier for the bride :)

Fabulously Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014

My husband and I eloped to Vegas in June after nine years of dating. We got engaged and married in the same day, and it was beyond magical and romantic. When we returned, we contacted No Idea and they happened to have the same day open as our venue. They were amazing and met... Read More every need, request, and question we had. Their list of songs was diverse and they actually learned two new songs for us. I still cry when I think about just how perfect they made our night. Prior to the reception, everyone that heard we were using them went on and on about how great they were and that we would not be disappointed. They all could not have been more correct. They exceeded my expectations. I am an extremely picky person and enjoy top of the line things. I just want to make it clear how great they absolutely are. Again, they helped to make our night perfect, and all were extremely professional as well. Great people, and I will recommend them over and over to everyone I know! I can never thank them enough. Worth the money...and I would have paid more!

Sima/Clements Wedding

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Jessica C

Troy and Jesse were amazing to work with! The entire band gave me exactly what I've always wanted when thinking of my outrageous party where 200 of my favorite people tore up the dance floor and had a blast! I can't thank them enough, and absolutely recommend... Read More them!

Danced all night

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Lauren n

An absolutely amazing band! My guests raved about how much fun they had dancing all night, from our first dance to our second line out the door, I don't think I stopped dancing once. They are flexible with music and can play almost anything, but they know how to keep a party... Read More going! My husband and I got engaged in August of 2013 and started planning a few months later. Even before we picked the venue, church, or caterer- we knew that we wanted to book the No Idea Band. They were the first vendor we put a deposit down on and we were so excited. Troy Marks and No Idea played at my brother and sister in law's wedding also- so it's somewhat of a family tradition for them to be a part of our weddings. I can't say enough good things about them, we had an amazing time at our wedding and so did everyone who came!

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Tracey Z

When I got engaged picking a band was honestly the easiest decisions I had to make. I had seen No Idea play at a friends wedding and fell in love. Being a performer and in the arts I wanted a group that was high energy, kept the dance floor packed, and played a variety of... Read More styles to entertain all the guests. No Idea Delivered and then some. They were so professional, friendly, and accommodating to all of my needs. From my first conversation with Kate I knew i made the right decision. Everyone was saying all night how it was the best wedding and the band is the number one reason for this. I can honestly say, You will not be disappointed, in contrast it will be one of the best decisions of your entire wedding!!!

Great Wedding Reception Band

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 Katie K

Troy Marks and No Idea were absolutely fabulous. Not only do they have tons of songs to choose from, but they will learn one song if it is not on their list if it is musically possible. If they aren't able to they offer to use a MP3 for the bridal party dances. They are great... Read More at giving everyone up and out of their seat and on to the dance floor. They really are a great band and help to make your reception top notch. And if you are on the fence about whether or not they are worth the price as compared to a DJ, they TOTALLY are!!!

Best band ever!!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2014 Carrie D

This band really exceeded my expectations! The guests could not stop raving about how fun they were (and I can't either)! Always kept the party going and played a good mix of classic wedding songs, party songs/line dances, and current hip hop music. We even had wedding crashers... Read More from the banquet room down the hall that left their party and came to ours because they heard the music. We literally danced from beginning to end! We couldn't have asked for a better band!