Troy Marriott

Hotel/Resort

200 W. Big Beaver Road, Troy, MI

Troy Marriott Review

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Margaret B

We had a phenomenal experience working with the Marriott to plan both our ceremony and reception. Sara, our point of contact, was exceptional to work with, and she took a lot off my plate, including coordinating with all of my vendors for the day-of stuff. I didn't have to worry about any of that. I was a bit hesitant to have both the ceremony and reception at the hotel, but would do it all over again because the convenience factor is worth it. There was no coordinating with limos/transportation, and all of our out of town guests and close friends got a great room on a hotel room and were able to spend the entire week with us. The hotel was very accommodating and worked with us on most everything.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Allison S

The Troy Marriott was amazing to work with! Kelsey and Nicole made the wedding planning process so easy! On my wedding day Nicole was outstanding! Everything was perfect!!

Helpful and stressfree room blocks!

Reviewed on 11/26/2012 Courtney P

I would recommend the Troy Marriott again and again for all the help they gave me during the wedding process. We used them for our hotel room block and shuttle service and we could not have received better service. A few of our guests came in a few days early and the Marriott was nice enough to extend their discounted room rate for those extra days. They helped me througout the entire wedding process and I could not be more greatful for them making my life easier and my guests stay relaxed and welcoming!

Wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 12/15/2011 Anne A

We had a small family wedding and decided on the Troy Marriott and so glad that we did! They were so incredibly nice and easy to work with! The girls in the event planning department really made our day special! They took a lot of stress off of me as the bride which really helped. I just trusted them and they decorated and really made the room beautiful beyond my expectations. The chef was extremely nice and the whole staff very helpful and accomodating. The price was great for all that we got per person and they really work with you including a free suite for the bride and groom that night! It was a great event, we even ended up extending our bar an hour during our wedding because everyone was having so much fun. The staff was so nice and so sweet...everything beat our expectations. We were so happy!

Wouldn't change a thing

Reviewed on 8/08/2011 Erin R

The Troy Marriott was more than accommodating to everything. Everything went smoothly and on time. Food came out hot and perfect for every guest, and it was delicious! My wedding coordinator that they assigned to help me did a great job of making sure everything went well & took care of everyone. She made sure every vendor was on time and where they were supposed to be. We just had a good old fun time at the wedding and that is the way it should be. I didn't have any worries and was able to just enjoy the day.

Wonderful Service

Reviewed on 11/30/2010 Melissa B

We had our wedding reception at the Troy Marriott on August 13, 2010. From the day we met Lindsey in Sales, we knew that we were in the perfect place. Our event coordinator for the day, Annie, was absolutely wonderful as well! We felt like our event was more important to them than anything. :) The service the day of the event was outstanding and everyone who commented on the reception talked about how delicious the food was and how friendly and accommodating the staff was. We felt fortunate to celebrate with 150 guests in the beautiful Mediterranean Room and would highly recommend the Marriott to anyone!

Everything was great until the reception started

Reviewed on 11/07/2010 sonia c

The wedding coordinator was really nice and very accommodating. This venue would receive 5 stars, except the you-know-what hit the fan on the wedding day. We held our reception there. The favor table that we specified had to go in the ballroom was in the hall outside the ballroom instead. Random people at the bar started stealing the favors from the table and the bride's parents had to stay in the hallway during the entire reception. Not cool. Also, the champagne was not poured in time...toasts started and most of the guests didn't have their champagne. The bride's parents also received complaints of the waitstaff being rude.

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 9/15/2010 ERICA D

I had my wedding reception at the Troy Marriott on August 28th, 2010. Every employee there was so great to work with and they did a great job with everything. I worked with Christie and Lindsay in the sales end of it and both of them were great. They never said no to me with whatever I asked of them. I had half of the grand ballroom which sat 220 people comfortably. The waitstaff was on top of everything and Marilynn the Event Director was great! I highly recommend this place for a great reception!

TO Troy Marriott