True Cuisine

all of Downtown and Suburban Chicago

True Cuisine

Use True Cuisine as your wedding planner. Let us handle the details and all you have to do is enjoy the experience. True Cuisine will create a memorable, gracious affair; choreographing all the details-providing impeccable service, creating the perfect table settings, working with florists, coordinating rentals, securing musicians, providing bartenders and anything else you may require.

Cuisine

American, French, Italian, BBQ, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

235 E. Irving Park Road, Suite 300, Wood Dale , IL all of Downtown and Suburban Chicago (312) 724-7777

Amazing food, amazing staff!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Maggie W

(Disclaimer: This review is for True Cuisine/Sweet Baby Ray's Catering in Wood Dale, IL. I'm not sure if it's the same as the address doesn't match.) Alison Sousa with True Cuisine was the saving grace of my wedding. She essentially acted as a coordinator, and was in charge... Read More of all our set up and break down, in addition to managing all the food. She fielded dozens of questions over the course of my planning, and was super responsive and helpful each time. She did multiple walk throughs with me at our venue to ensure everything was exactly how I wanted it! The food True Cuisine provides is incredibly good. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to eat much of it at my reception! The plates all looked beautiful and the service was amazing. My stomach was very upset at the reception, and the staff was so helpful, offering club soda and to wrap up our meals for us for later, and checking in on me every so often. I am so glad we chose True Cuisine, and my wedding would not have gone nearly as perfectly without them!

Responsive and a great value!

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Adam S

We researched several caterers before choosing one for our wedding. Many really weren't interested in working with us as we had planned a small wedding. When we went out for quotes we originally said 40 people. Sandra was more than willing to work with a party of our size. As... Read More soon as we met Sandra at our tasting we knew we had picked our caterer! The food was OUTSTANDING! We spent 9 months just waiting to eat the delicious food again! Sandra was VERY helpful throughout the process. She was responsive and always willing to make changes when needed. I turned into what one might call a "Groomzilla" before it was over and I think Sandra made at least 5 revisions to our quote prior to the big day! On the big day everything went perfectly and the food got rave reviews! Oh and I almost forgot...the VALUE! My husband and I still talk about what a great deal we got! What others might consider "extras" were included with True Cuisine. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for an outstanding catering company with great value!

Great stuff!

Reviewed on 9/14/2010 Sarah S

We loved working with Jean and True Cuisine. Our only struggle was over the price. All of our guests love their meals and we would certainly recommend them to others.

Great food, sub-par service

Reviewed on 1/13/2013 Jennifer B

When we first explored caterers for our wedding, we were very impressed by our initial meeting with True Cuisine. At our tasting, Maria had set up a beautiful table with our theme/colors to really help us "envision" our wedding reception. They worked hard to create a meal and... Read More plan to fit our needs and budget. Unfortunately, once we signed our contract and gave our deposit, I feel like our level of service dropped significantly. They became much harder to get ahold of and never followed through on tasks by the committed timeline. Our final contract was supposed to be to us 3 weeks before the event and finally showed up in my inbox the day of our rehearsal--they then wanted me to pay immediately via credit card (and incur a 3-5% fee on a $13,000 bill) or drive a check to their office 90 minutes from me the afternoon before my wedding--not happening. The day of the wedding, they called me 3 times 20 minutes before our ceremony because they were lost, despite us having a walk-through at the venue a few days before. We hired 2 bartenders specifically to pour wine throughout dinner - I hate when you go to a wedding and can't get a refill to save your life. We opted to buy all our own liquor instead of a package, so they had no cost incentive not to be liberal with the pour, yet guests (including my mom) had a very difficult time getting beverage service during dinner. They also didn't seem to know the difference between the types of wine had bought and served me Chardonnay instead of the requested Savigion Blanc and served my mom a Cab instead of Pinot Noir--and all the bottles were labeled. I could tell the servers were trying to pamper my new husband and I in hopes of padding their tip, but I didn't feel that our guests got the same level of service we did, which was something that was important to me. All that being said, the food on the day of was absolutely perfect. We offered our guests a choice of a stuffed chicken or filet, and everything came out hot and delicious and cooked to perfection. I had at least 20 of our guests tell me "this was not only the best steak I've ever had at a wedding, this is probably the best steak I've had ever." Our chef definitely rocked it. Service staff, however, left much to be desired. It was a good meal overall, but for the price we paid I expected everything to be at a higher standard then we got. I would cautiously recommend True Cuisine - just make sure you get EVERYTHING nailed out BEFORE you pay your deposit, and make sure you have a GREAT outside coordinator to help correct/keep in check the day-of mistakes.