True Photography

San Diego's #1 wedding photography studio! Our style is described by clients as timeless photography with an edge. Overall, you can expect a healthy mix of candids of you and all of your guests, as well as stylized artistic shots, formals (photographed quickly and professionally), and many details.

Lifestyle

Aebf0cfd 749a 4015 9cf0 6e3c13a96bd2~rs 100
8a61e330 1677 498d b00a 94b0759eb63a~rs 100

448 West Market Street, San Diego, CA (619) 795-9545

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Krystle T

Amazing. We chose True for our wedding and we are glad we did. We initially saw them at a few bridal bazaars and after checking out their website it was clear this was the company we wanted. When a company puts a lot of effort into making their website easy to use and display... Read More their portfolio, it says alot about the quality of their work. We were not wrong. After mentioning the types of photos we like, we were paired with Dustin S and we are glad we were. From the initial phone call, to our engagement shoot and all the way to the day of our wedding Dustin was EASY to work with and had A LOT of patience. Our family members can be a bit to handle when it comes to photos and Dustin and Avalon (who helped on the day of the wedding) were very helpful to not only capture the photos we would have wanted but also to capture photos our family members requested. Avalon even helped us at the church to pass out the boutonnieres to our sponsors... she went ABOVE and BEYOND what was asked and that says a lot not only about her but also of True Photography and the type of people they have working for them. We also heard a lot of great comments from our bridal party/family members/guests about Dustin and Avalon and how easy they were to work with and helpful. One thing that also stands out is the fact that we had a separate company doing our videography (Ruff Media) and Dustin/Avalon were able to work together with them to capture everything during our wedding. We saw that they were not just cordial but talking like they were friends for a long time and it just again says alot about how great True Photography/Dustin/Avalon are... We're still waiting on our photos since the wedding was just 2 weeks ago but after seeing our engagement shoot and some previews on the day of the wedding.. we are nothing less than certain the photos will be amazing.... So if you want to hire the PREFECT photographer for your wedding.. go with True Photography! You also definitely will not go wrong if you can get Dustin S or Avalon!

2018-01-01T12:56:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your amazing comments. IT is very much appreciated and means everything to us that you are beyond thrilled. Congratulations to you both and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Absolutely the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Ashley B

When we had decided on our venue we knew picking a photographer was next. Our venue had amazing photos on their website that drew us into the location. We found out it was True photography and their website blew us away. We knew they had to shoot our wedding. After filling out... Read More info online we got an immediate call to discuss pricing and scheduling. My husband served in the military so it was great to get the 10% discount. We had such great communication with out photagrapher Tatiana leading up to the big day. She gave us great advice on handling all the first look and family photos. The day of came and Tatiana and her assistant were amazing and easy to work with. The day felt so easy and my husband and I are so thrilled with out sneak peak that were posted less than 2 weeks after the big day. We can't wait to see the rest of the photos and design a book.

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Eli L

We just had our wedding on December 16th and had the most incredible experience with True Photography. I know how important it is to have accurate referrals for wedding vendors, so absolutely trust me when I say, with this company, you are in really great hands. From the very... Read More beginning when we called to get a quote until the day of final picture and video delivery, Aaron and the True Photography team have been so kind, respectful, helpful, creative, and attentive. (The list really does go on) We loved our photographer Jenn, she is a ray of sunshine. She was warm, personable and most importantly very VERY talented! Our engagement, henna party and wedding photos look like they belong in a magazine. She captured all of the important moments and has a great eye. She made the process really comfortable when it can be pretty awkward and uncomfortable to pose if you're not used to it! Our wedding videographer was Dustin. Wow, where do I begin... I work in video production myself, so my standards are very high when it comes to the type of shots, angles and moments that are captured. Dustin went above and beyond our expectations. Everyone who has seen our video has been so moved by his edit and the beautiful moments he captured. I showed this video to many of my work colleagues and they were very very very impressed by the final product. We dealt with many many vendors for the wedding day and True Photography was by far my favorite - they put my mind at ease and I never once felt worried. They respond immediately to emails, are punctual, and turn around the pictures and video immediately! This team is extraordinary and an absolute pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 faisal h

Wow! They are simply the best team out there. From start to finish, everything was amazing. Jen has an amazing eye for the most breathtaking shots. Our pictures (Engagement, bridal shower & wedding) all came out absolutely stunning. We literally have so many we want to enlarge... Read More and frame we don't have enough wall space. The thing I wanted to mention about Jen is how easy she made everything. She is so great at capturing the moment and keeping everything as natural as posed pictures can be that it was fun! We RAN through the pictures and poses we wanted, everything came out stunning with just 1 take of each. Our wedding was a mixed culture wedding (Iraqi / Persian). Both Jen and Dustin were all over figuring out what was important to photograph & video. They took advice from family members on what to take pictures of and what to focus on. They captured EVERY single important item that we wanted. It was so impressive! Also need to mention the videography services True Photography offers! I will say that I was originally worried about having Video shot for our wedding because i didn't want daunting video cameras all over the place, but True Photography totally kept to the background. Dustin was absolutely amazing and shot some AMAZING footage. I honestly didn't even see them shooting for the majority of the wedding and they caught the most amazing footage that REALLY represented the wedding. I can go on and on, but at the end of the day they were simply the best. Professional, fun, personal and SO FAST with the pics! Not only would i recommend them, but hope that we can use their services in the future for other major events! Thank you True Photography, you captured our special day so perfectly!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Sarah B

Simply the BEST in San Diego. What an incredible team of talented people...from their easy to use website, fast email response time, to absolutely gorgeous photos...you just can't go wrong with these guys. Kristin was our wedding day photographer October 2017. She put everyone... Read More at ease and was great at directing a crowd (we even managed to get a huge group shot of 60)! Our portraits felt so natural and she really captured our personalities. She had such creativity and just all around great execution. She even made sure we got a shot with my car, which was really important to us (it's how we met). We had limited light - 6pm sunset ceremony in Carlsbad (Cape Rey) - and I really appreciated Kristin's email a week before the wedding planning the logistics of getting the necessary people down to the beach before loosing the sunlight! Once the sun went down Kristin was prepared with an extra flash that she placed behind us to create a few really cool stylized night shots. Couldn't be happier with our photos. Everything was right on schedule - and a pretty fast turnaround time! The 'Photographer Favorites' - about 50 edited/retouched photos were amazing, and the package we chose included a $200 credit for any other photos we wanted retouched or printed. Worth every penny. Look no further!

2018-01-09T14:43:36 Response from the vendor

Happy New Year to you both! Thank you very much for sharing with the world your happiness. It is very much appreciated. Lets make sure that we photograph for all of your friends and family for many years to come :)

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Sarah O

Can I give more stars to this team? This was the best team every. We loved every moment with True Photography. They were very professional during the process and day of. We were recommended by a previous customer and were not disappointed. Thank you True Photography team! You... Read More are all appreciated and hope your upcoming years come with many success well deserved for your business! :D

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Jinwen F

True Photography was absolutely amazing to work with! My now-husband and I are from outside the San Diego area and we contacted True after reading many great reviews and going through so many pictures on their website. We initially worked with Aaron, the owner, who answered... Read More our emails very promptly. He and his staff were super accommodating even when we changed our wedding date after signing the contract! We had an engagement session with our lead photographer, Kristin, and she was sooo amazing and fun! We weren’t sure what to expect from a photoshoot and she provided so much guidance that we just ended up laughing and having fun the whole time! The same was true on the wedding day with Kristin and Paul, the second photographer. We got comments from the bridal party after the wedding that the photographers were awesome to work with! We got our pictures back from the wedding sooo fast and they are sooo beautiful! We have countless favorites and we’ve gotten many compliments about how well they turned out! True was also very accommodating and helpful with photo edits for the album, even working with us to make a special album they don’t typically offer. The album arrived recently and it looks stunning! We can’t wait to pass it around at Christmas! True Photography was so amazing to work with from the beginning! We’ll be keeping them in mind if we’re ever in San Diego again for more fun photo shoots!

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Prescilla D

True photography is hands down the best vendor I hired for my wedding. Their work, customer service & professionalism is A+. If I could do it all over again I wouldn’t think twice. I’m hiring true photography for all of my future important life events! Thank you SO much True!!... Read More <3

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Madison R

I LOVE True Photography! I cannot rave about them enough! Alax and Johanna did a fantastic job capturing the most magical day of my husband's and my life! Not only are the quality of the photos incredible, they did an amazing job capturing the details, choose great angles and... Read More backdrops. We could not be more impressed! We received our photos back in such a short amount of time, it was insane! The whole process from booking True Photography, to speaking with Alax over the phone, to meeting her the day of the wedding, was easy and enjoyable. I felt like Alax really understood what Alec, and I were looking for and she captured our personalities perfectly. True Photography has topnotch photographers! I would recommend them to everyone for any occasion!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Roxana Q

As I was doing my research for our photographer I came across True Photography on Yelp and they had the most AMAZING pictures! I loved them so much I followed them on Instagram. I would have never in a million years think our OWN pictures would look that flawless!! Janis was... Read More out lead photographer and she was so much fun to work with! So easy too! She made us feel super comfortable from the start and the shots she took were INCREDIBLE!! Thank you so much for the True Photography team for all of their hard work!! And if your considering them- BOOK THEM!! You will be sooo happy with their fantastic work!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Meaghan S

Voytek with True Photography photographed our wedding and our engagement session. Our photos turned out great and true photography was really easy to work with. I would definitely recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Courtney C

We absolutely LOVED having Voytek as our photographer. This was our first time doing any kind of "photo shoot" and he did an incredible job making us feel as comfortable as possible. Our wedding party and family members were so appreciative that he had a perfect laid back... Read More professional vibe - it really worked so well for us! The photos turned out spectacular!! We loved how he made the colors look so vibrant!! Voytek captured all of the perfect moments throughout our special day in such a beautiful way - and for that, we are truly so thankful. Thank you so much, Voytek, and thank you Aaron of True Photography for everything! To any future brides - we HIGHLY recommend True Photography - you will not be disappointed!! :)

Reviewed on 10/18/2017

We cannot say enough great things about our experiences working with True Photography! My husband and I have trusted the True Photography team to capture all of life’s most important moments for us, from engagement photography to then being our wedding photographer, maternity... Read More photos and now newborn photos. With each of these sessions, their photographers have made us feel at ease and have captured our personalities and our relationship perfectly. We have continued to be impressed with the professionalism, helpfulness and creativity of the entire team from booking photo shoots to the photo shoots themselves and then getting our proofs back. Their team is very familiar with all regions of San Diego and offered great suggestions for photo shoot locations. They helped guide us through picking out attire that would highlight our best features, reflect our personalities and also photograph well. The turn around on proofs is very timely which we appreciate because we are always so excited to see the stunning images we know the True team will capture. As our family grows, we love knowing that True Photography will be right there with us, ready to help us preserve our most cherished memories!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Kasi K

I was very nervous about having a good relationship with the photographer because I didn't want the main focus to be about taking photos. So I was a little worried not knowing anything about True photography and how they work that is until I met Maddie our photographer. She was... Read More a huge part of why I really was in the moment for the wedding and had such a great time. She pulled me away for photos when I was ready and worked so effectively and quick because she knew we wanted to go dance. I would recommend True and especially asking for Maddie because they were awesome. They were so great in fact that we haven't even received our photos yet but I am fully confident that they will be perfect!

2017-10-02T23:07:26 Response from the vendor

Congrats to you! Maddie definitely rocks :) I am so glad to hear you had a great experience. We love her as well and I know you are in for so many amazing pictures!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Jamie L

There is no surprise that my now husband and I are not models. True photography did an amazing job helping us feel comfortable in front of the camera. They even helped us with poses. They were absolutely amazing :)

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Rachel L

Alax was the best, EVER. she made me feel so pretty and I am usually not the best with pics. We had such an amazing wedding last weekend and I thank Alax for being part of it. I would hire her for all my events!! thanks again!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017

Working with Aaron was unbelievable. He was professional, fun and thoughtful. Many of our pictures feel like the belong in a magazine. He is not a wedding photographer, he's an artist that happens to shoot events. It very special way to capture our day. If you're looking for the... Read More best, this is it.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Sara P

I highly recommend using True Photography - just go book them already! We worked with Billy for our wedding and we are in love with the pictures from our sneak peak album. We got a great mix of candid, artistic, romantic and portrait shots. The experience was fun and... Read More comfortable. Billy was very professional, but he's a great guy, and you feel more like you're in the company of a friend, which makes the experience more natural and easy. The company was very easy to work with, from my first phone interview, to payments and scheduling. If you want someone who will enhance your big day on the day of, and then give you lasting memories that will blow your mind at how exception they turn out, then use True Photography!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Taylor O

I love true photography. They did an amazing job at our wedding at Scripps Seaside Forum and with our engagement photos. Our photographer Alax was amazing and Aaron was great behind the scenes. They are a bit pricy but it was worth it. I can't stop staring at our photos :)

2017-08-24T18:59:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review :) I am so happy that you are happy! I have observed over the past 17 years of having our photography studio, that happy people over the years won't remember what they spent, as they are just... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Spring J

Ciara with True Photography was the lead photographer for our wedding and she was fantastic. The even sent a 2nd photographer to capture our event! Everyone keeps asking me who our photographer was because our pictures look like something out of a magazine. She was professional... Read More and kind and is extremely talented. I was most nervous about hiring a photographer because pictures are the one thing from a wedding that you get to keep forever, but we were not disappointed. I highly recommend True Photography!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Julieta A

Billy and his team were incredible!! Quick turn around for our photo highlights and stunning quality!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Greta S

True Photography is the best! We got married in June at the Horton Grand Hotel and the Ultimate Skybox. We love the variety of pictures captured at both venues and throughout Gaslamp. Maddie B. and Megan were our photographers and they were amazing to work with. Maddie had the... Read More fun idea for me to hop on the piano and I absolutely love those photos from our wedding. We had a large wedding party and Maddie was able to organize the group for some epic shots. Not only did Maddie and Megan capture the most amazing couples photos of us, they also caught the best moments of our friends and family, smiling and dancing the night away. True Photography was outstanding from start to finish-from the communication leading up to the wedding, the wedding day photography itself and the final editing of photos.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Tara W

True Photography is exceptional! The owner, Aaron, takes the time to talk with you one on one and stays involved to help couples select the photographers' style that works best for them. We were looking for photographers who would be energetic and tap into their own edge and... Read More creativity. Aaron put us in contact with Dustin S. and Maddie B. , and we are thrilled. Dustin and Maddie captured over 6,000 photos during the course of our 8 hour wedding. We were also impressed with the way that they collaborated with our videographers. True Photography has a top notch team that is punctual, responsive, creative, and personable. Thank you Dustin & Maddie for capturing this once in a lifetime day for us! We will still be admiring these photos 50+ years from now.

2017-07-24T22:42:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for your kind words! I appreciate you putting the time in to share your thoughts. It starts with amazing clients like you, that are open to the unexpected and can put their trust within the creativity that we work hard to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Julie W

True Photography was absolutely great to work with! My husband and I saw True Photography’s work everywhere! Their shots were amazing! We knew we had to work with them! Aaron, the owner, took his time talking to me and made sure to answer all of my questions. He made sure we... Read More were paired with a photographer who had been to our venue before. Our photographer Voytek was wonderful to work with! He was extremely personable and friendly! We loved working with him! He did our engagement shoot and it was the most magical day! He made us feel comfortable and guided us throughout the day. When we got our photos back, they were incredible!!! I was blown away by the shots he got! We knew he would get amazing shots on our wedding day too! We got them back so quickly and they were beautiful! It was hard to pick our favorites because there were so many amazing shots! We absolutely loved Voytek and the True Photography team! They were phenomenal. You won’t be disappointed if you choose them! I would love to work with them again!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kristen D

It's no secret that True Photography is one of the best photography groups in San Diego. I'm here to add this-- if you are from the IE or Orange County, I believe they do travel and it's worth paying for it. We had them travel out to the IE for our engagement session which... Read More turned out incredible. The photographers are so cool, great at directing, fun to be around, and their turnaround time is great. I got to go meet with them in their studio to go over the plans for the big day and it was awesome to see where the magic happens-- A group of photographers in a trendy studio, working together to perfectly edit their photos. Just awesome. True will get all the cool and unique shots you will cherish forever. Also-- they are great at night shots, which was super important to me!

2017-07-07T11:04:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It is very much appreciated. We do travel everywhere. Our home base is in San Diego, but travel these days is a small price in comparison to how long, you will look at these images :) We... Read Less Read More