True Photography

San Diego's #1 wedding photography studio! Our style is described by clients as timeless photography with an edge. Overall, you can expect a healthy mix of candids of you and all of your guests, as well as stylized artistic shots, formals (photographed quickly and professionally), and many details.

Lifestyle

Trash The Dress

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

448 West Market Street, San Diego, CA (619) 795-9545

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kristen D

It's no secret that True Photography is one of the best photography groups in San Diego. I'm here to add this-- if you are from the IE or Orange County, I believe they do travel and it's worth paying for it. We had them travel out to the IE for our engagement session which... Read More turned out incredible. The photographers are so cool, great at directing, fun to be around, and their turnaround time is great. I got to go meet with them in their studio to go over the plans for the big day and it was awesome to see where the magic happens-- A group of photographers in a trendy studio, working together to perfectly edit their photos. Just awesome. True will get all the cool and unique shots you will cherish forever. Also-- they are great at night shots, which was super important to me!

2017-07-07T11:04:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It is very much appreciated. We do travel everywhere. Our home base is in San Diego, but travel these days is a small price in comparison to how long, you will look at these images :) We... Read Less Read More

Absolutely the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Ashley B

When we had decided on our venue we knew picking a photographer was next. Our venue had amazing photos on their website that drew us into the location. We found out it was True photography and their website blew us away. We knew they had to shoot our wedding. After filling out... Read More info online we got an immediate call to discuss pricing and scheduling. My husband served in the military so it was great to get the 10% discount. We had such great communication with out photagrapher Tatiana leading up to the big day. She gave us great advice on handling all the first look and family photos. The day of came and Tatiana and her assistant were amazing and easy to work with. The day felt so easy and my husband and I are so thrilled with out sneak peak that were posted less than 2 weeks after the big day. We can't wait to see the rest of the photos and design a book.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Tara W

True Photography is exceptional! The owner, Aaron, takes the time to talk with you one on one and stays involved to help couples select the photographers' style that works best for them. We were looking for photographers who would be energetic and tap into their own edge and... Read More creativity. Aaron put us in contact with Dustin S. and Maddie B. , and we are thrilled. Dustin and Maddie captured over 6,000 photos during the course of our 8 hour wedding. We were also impressed with the way that they collaborated with our videographers. True Photography has a top notch team that is punctual, responsive, creative, and personable. Thank you Dustin & Maddie for capturing this once in a lifetime day for us! We will still be admiring these photos 50+ years from now.

2017-07-24T22:42:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for your kind words! I appreciate you putting the time in to share your thoughts. It starts with amazing clients like you, that are open to the unexpected and can put their trust within the creativity that we work hard to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Julie W

True Photography was absolutely great to work with! My husband and I saw True Photography’s work everywhere! Their shots were amazing! We knew we had to work with them! Aaron, the owner, took his time talking to me and made sure to answer all of my questions. He made sure we... Read More were paired with a photographer who had been to our venue before. Our photographer Voytek was wonderful to work with! He was extremely personable and friendly! We loved working with him! He did our engagement shoot and it was the most magical day! He made us feel comfortable and guided us throughout the day. When we got our photos back, they were incredible!!! I was blown away by the shots he got! We knew he would get amazing shots on our wedding day too! We got them back so quickly and they were beautiful! It was hard to pick our favorites because there were so many amazing shots! We absolutely loved Voytek and the True Photography team! They were phenomenal. You won’t be disappointed if you choose them! I would love to work with them again!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Jeannette S

One of the best decisions that my husband and I made for our wedding was choosing True Photography. We had the pleasure of working with Voytek on wedding day and we cannot say enough wonderful things about him......his work, his personality, his creativity....all top notch!... Read More Our experience with True Photography from the very start was wonderful. Aaron was so friendly and helped put together a package that catered to exactly what we wanted! We LOVE our wedding photos. It was such a busy day for us and we love living vicariously through them over and over again. Thank you True Photography!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Sarah L

OMG, words cannot describe how amazing True Photography is! We were lucky enough to have Voytek as our photographer and he is pure magic! The entire experience was so professional and easy. We hired them for our wedding and it was one of the absolute BEST decisions we made. I... Read More would recommend them in a heartbeat and if you're lucky enough to have Voytek, you'll be in good hands. They are the best photography company and worth every penny!!!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Ginny D

True Photography is AMAZING, I'm so happy that we booked them for out big day. I started my research when I was engaged and when I saw True's website, I knew I had to book them. I spoke with Aaron and he was awesome in helping me out with the packages, and he was great in... Read More answering all the questions I had. On the day of our wedding, my husband and I were fortunate to have Dustin and Voytek capture our most intimate and happiest moments. They made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and when we received the photos, we were completely blown away by their creative work. All of our friends and family are impressed with the photos and we couldn't be any happier with the results. Thank you for contributing to the best day of our lives with your great sense of humor and professionalism, we couldn't imagine working with any other photographers!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Amanda S

True Photography is absolutely amazing. We found True Photography when we were recommended to contact Madeline Barr – she had previously lived on the East Coast and our friends hired her for their engagement shoot. She then moved to San Diego right in time for us to need a... Read More photographer. My first experience was calling True Photography for a quote and to ask some questions. The woman on the phone (I believe her name was Lynsey) was amazing! She was so friendly, helpful and patient in answering all of my questions. When we arrived at their office for a meet and greet with Maddie, the owner Aaron came out to introduce himself to us. He was also super friendly, professional and kind, giving us some words of encouragement for our big day. Of course, Maddie was amazing; we loved working with both her and Irish! Maddie truly knows what she is doing! We loved the creativity that True Photography seems to celebrate in their images, and the colors and quality of all the pictures we received were amazing. It was even convenient to make monthly payments for the package we chose, which was also very affordable for the value you are getting! I would recommend True Photography to any and every one!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Jaclyn F

Our photographer was absolutely amazing!!!

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Madison K

True Photography was an incredible decision we made for our wedding! Voytek was our lead photographer and Leah was our second shooter. Both of them together were a great team! From our Engagement photo shoot to our wedding day, Voytek always made us feel comfortable and we... Read More received incredible pictures back! We are looking forward to using True Photography in the future for more life events. Until then, I’ll just keep staring at these AMAZING wedding photos! :)

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Hanah S

We had Alax as our photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos. We had an amazing time shooting with her. They are super professional and super fun. I loved that we had the same photographer for both shoots. I came away with feeling like I had a friend capturing all... Read More of the best moments for us. Can't recommend them more highly.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Alicia R

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, look no further than True. I can highly recommend Billy. He was so accommodating and helpful about everything and put us as ease. We didn't get a chance to meet each other before the big day and guests still tell us how amazing our... Read More photos are!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Jen E

We used True Photography for our Engagement Photos in July 2016 and Wedding in January 2017. True Photography is an innovative photography company, using an online pricing tool and digital marketplace to easily book your photographer and purchase additional items. The only... Read More downside is you don’t get to select your actual photographer, one is selected for you. However, we were assigned Jeeheon and he was incredible! His talent and creativity was great! He put us at ease, which was needed being a couple that doesn’t really do PDA. The editing talent of True Photography can’t be beat! The photographs come back clean and sharp, natural and vibrant. True Photography’s toe-up on the competition is their additional package items. The number of edited photos is huge (for our wedding, it was 90 photographer favorites) but then being able to select MORE photos to be edited on top of that (90 of OUR favorites) was HUGE! We ended up with so many truly amazing photos. Also, being able to print through their company was great! Our prints are GORGEOUS! We will definitely be using True Photography for our future needs.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Jonell T

Words cannot express how wonderful True Photography is. My wedding photos are beautiful, artistic, and timeless. Our photographer, [email protected], was so great...she even drove my husband and I around to the photoshoots in San Diego. It was a bit chaotic with... Read More guests and Friday traffic. LOL! I believe what really made me choose True Photography, not only their attention to detail in photographs, but the owner Aaron's respect towards military. If you are looking for amazing photography choose True! Their work and passion shines through. #truephotography

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Susan S

The Best ! I would highly Recomend.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Morgan N

We worked with Billy and Amber for our wedding and they were both wonderful to work with. Billy had lots of positive energy, gave us lots of direction and suggestions for poses which we needed since we're not always comfortable in front of the camera. He and Amber made our... Read More wedding photos turn out so beautiful and natural, we could not be happier with the quality of the photos, worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Rob M

Jeeheon was an amazing photographer. As a guy, taking so many pictures can be brutal. But he made the experience much easier. And the photos came out amazing. On top of all that, my bride had an issue with her ride to the church, and he gave her and the bridesmaid a ride. We... Read More could not have been more happy and would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Stephanie P

We recently got married at Calamigos in Malibu and met with a few local photographers, but never got that positive feeling to hire them. I found True Photography on Pinterest and fell in love with their work and immediately booked them for an engagement session & wedding day and... Read More we could not be more happy we did! Jeeheon has such an amazing talent for capturing moments, not just the formal photos that remind you how great your day was, but the natural fun and excitement that is so important to be documented. Jeeheon's ability not to miss a moment is incredible, and his energy and passion comes across in the photos. He is able to blend in so well that your guests literally will not realize they’re being photographed. We could not recommend Jeeheon and True Photography more!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Lauren L

We are so so happy that we chose True for our photography. It's only 3 weeks after the big day, and we already have 75 great favorites to share with our friends and family. Dustin shot our wedding out in CO and he not only did a great job and was a pleasure to work with, my... Read More husband and I now consider him a friend. Their attention to detail and ability to capture the most important moments perfectly has given us memories we'll now have forever. Thank you!

2016-09-24T13:09:19 Response from the vendor

We are so happy your happy!! That is everything to us. Thank you for your kind words. Congratulations to you both. You look super happy together ;)

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Juliette G

Just got married last week at Green Gables in San Marcos and used True Photography for our wedding. We had Voytek as our main photographer and he was incredibly professional and made us feel comfortable at the same time. With a huge bridal party, he was good at rounding everyone... Read More up and shooting fast. We skyped with him originally since we live out of state and he answered all of our questions. True Photography is quick with their email responses and it's easy to see how much your package will cost. My husband and I are not comfortable in front of the camera but I'm confident our pictures will turn out amazing!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Mary W

Picking a photographer for your wedding and engagement photos can be a very stressful thing. You want the pictures to come out perfect to commemorate that special moment. Luckily about three months before I got engaged, I was at a friend's wedding and saw their engagement photos... Read More from True Photography. We contacted them and they set us up with a different photographer but we have been so happy with his work. Jeeheon did both our engagement shoot and our wedding shoot (along with Ciara at the wedding). They were so friendly and outgoing, which helped us feel relaxed and more natural in our photos. We also had our dog (Bella) included in our engagement pictures and the wedding ceremony, so Jeeheon made sure to have her included in the pictures. We haven't seen the wedding pictures yet, but based on my experience with him and the engagement pictures, I know they will be great!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016

We used True Photography Weddings for our July wedding at the Scripps Seaside Forum after scouring reviews and real photos from weddings. Voytek and Janice shot our wedding and did a PHENOMENAL job. We did engagement pictures elsewhere since we're not local to San Diego anymore,... Read More but meeting Voytek for the first time right before the wedding went perfect. He puts you at ease, is funny and personable. Janice was also great and super friendly. They were creative and gave lots of direction for where they wanted us. Voytek was super responsive along the process and also listened to the types of photos I typically liked and disliked. I definitely recommend True Photography, and specifically Voytek (and Janice as second shooter) for your wedding! They are also great value for the price that you spend. Photographers can be pricey, but this was really reasonable, I thought.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Farrah G

Hire True Photography…..they are worth every penny and more! Choosing a photographer was # 2 on my priority list and we are so glad we hired True Photography! Ours was a destination wedding so I read tons of online reviews, they had nothing but wonderful reviews, and when I... Read More checked out their website, I fell in love with their work instantly. Initially I shopped around for another photographer thinking I might save a few dollars but I felt like the other photographers were giving me a sales pitch without saving much money at all. From my initial contact with the studio, they were so sincere about their commitment to capture amazing photos so I knew we had to hire them. From start to finish, all of my communication with the studio was very prompt and very professional. The photographer they assigned for our ceremony was Maddie. She was simply amazing! So sweet and easy to work with! From the day she called to introduce herself days after we signed the contract, Maddie was available for me to ask questions and bounce ideas around with. And on our wedding day, Maddie worked so hard to make sure we got the perfect shots while making me feel comfortable and beautiful in front of the camera. She also ensured we stayed on our time schedule and that she got all the specific shots we requested. We’ve just seen some of the photographs Maddie took and they turned out SIMPLY AMAZING! I couldn’t stop crying the first few times I looked through the images, they are just so beautiful!! Her images truly captured the emotion of our day and we love that! We can’t wait to see the rest of the photographs and send out our wedding announcements. Everyone will be amazed!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Mike M

True photography put me at ease on my wedding day. We have a huge family and they got all of the photos that I wanted in minimal time! They were on time, organized and so friendly and pleasant to work with! I absolutely loved them!! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Amanda P

Dustin and Ezra were phenomenal! We had such a blast with them on our wedding day. The photos are beautiful and we are having a hard time choosing which ones to hang up! Everyone that we talked to at the studio was very helpful and we would highly recommend working with them.... Read More My husband and I will definitely be working with them in the future.