Lifestyle

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

448 West Market Street, San Diego, CA

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 Josh S

Our entire experience with True Photography was simply flawless!! From the initial consultation (with the owner, Aaron), to the actual event, and even the post-production work; True Photography is absolutely top notch! Our photographer (Billy) and his assistant photographer... Read More (Janis) were amazing! They took time to understand our personalities, our wedding party, and our guests as they worked their photographic magic. Their photos truly captured us for who we are and are so uniquely "us"! Best of all, they were calm and collected the entire evening (it's exceptionally important to have calming influences surrounding you on your wedding day). I do recommend hiring 2 of their photographers if finances allow, as the primary photographer will stay with the couple during the pre & post ceremony, while the assistant will be available to take valuable shots of the guests, the venue, etc. Look no further for your photography needs -- True Photography is impeccable.

2016-08-28T13:34:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you, for your nice review!! We definitely pride ourselves on making sure that we give good direction but making sure it is fun and enjoyable and calming. I appreciate you mentioning that as it is a big part of what we do.... Read Less Read More

Absolutely the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Ashley B

When we had decided on our venue we knew picking a photographer was next. Our venue had amazing photos on their website that drew us into the location. We found out it was True photography and their website blew us away. We knew they had to shoot our wedding. After filling out... Read More info online we got an immediate call to discuss pricing and scheduling. My husband served in the military so it was great to get the 10% discount. We had such great communication with out photagrapher Tatiana leading up to the big day. She gave us great advice on handling all the first look and family photos. The day of came and Tatiana and her assistant were amazing and easy to work with. The day felt so easy and my husband and I are so thrilled with out sneak peak that were posted less than 2 weeks after the big day. We can't wait to see the rest of the photos and design a book.

BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS AROUND

Reviewed on 12/18/2012 meghan w

We chose True Photography to photograph our wedding because we put photography on the top of our list of priorities. It was THE BEST decision we made! Everyone in the True team was awesome and took care of us from start to finish. The photos from our engagement shoot and wedding... Read More day are incredible- popping colors, clear, beautiful and creative. From the candids to the portraits, we couldn't be happier. All of our wedding guests tell us that they are the best wedding images they've ever seen. You also get all of your images digitally on a flash drive without a watermark so you can print them yourself. True is hands down the top wedding photographer in San Diego and we will continue to use them for other family shoots in the future. I promise, you will LOVE your photos!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Susan S

The Best ! I would highly Recomend.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Morgan N

We worked with Billy and Amber for our wedding and they were both wonderful to work with. Billy had lots of positive energy, gave us lots of direction and suggestions for poses which we needed since we're not always comfortable in front of the camera. He and Amber made our... Read More wedding photos turn out so beautiful and natural, we could not be happier with the quality of the photos, worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Rob M

Jeeheon was an amazing photographer. As a guy, taking so many pictures can be brutal. But he made the experience much easier. And the photos came out amazing. On top of all that, my bride had an issue with her ride to the church, and he gave her and the bridesmaid a ride. We... Read More could not have been more happy and would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Stephanie P

We recently got married at Calamigos in Malibu and met with a few local photographers, but never got that positive feeling to hire them. I found True Photography on Pinterest and fell in love with their work and immediately booked them for an engagement session & wedding day and... Read More we could not be more happy we did! Jeeheon has such an amazing talent for capturing moments, not just the formal photos that remind you how great your day was, but the natural fun and excitement that is so important to be documented. Jeeheon's ability not to miss a moment is incredible, and his energy and passion comes across in the photos. He is able to blend in so well that your guests literally will not realize they’re being photographed. We could not recommend Jeeheon and True Photography more!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Lauren L

We are so so happy that we chose True for our photography. It's only 3 weeks after the big day, and we already have 75 great favorites to share with our friends and family. Dustin shot our wedding out in CO and he not only did a great job and was a pleasure to work with, my... Read More husband and I now consider him a friend. Their attention to detail and ability to capture the most important moments perfectly has given us memories we'll now have forever. Thank you!

2016-09-24T13:09:19 Response from the vendor

We are so happy your happy!! That is everything to us. Thank you for your kind words. Congratulations to you both. You look super happy together ;)

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Juliette G

Just got married last week at Green Gables in San Marcos and used True Photography for our wedding. We had Voytek as our main photographer and he was incredibly professional and made us feel comfortable at the same time. With a huge bridal party, he was good at rounding everyone... Read More up and shooting fast. We skyped with him originally since we live out of state and he answered all of our questions. True Photography is quick with their email responses and it's easy to see how much your package will cost. My husband and I are not comfortable in front of the camera but I'm confident our pictures will turn out amazing!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Mary W

Picking a photographer for your wedding and engagement photos can be a very stressful thing. You want the pictures to come out perfect to commemorate that special moment. Luckily about three months before I got engaged, I was at a friend's wedding and saw their engagement photos... Read More from True Photography. We contacted them and they set us up with a different photographer but we have been so happy with his work. Jeeheon did both our engagement shoot and our wedding shoot (along with Ciara at the wedding). They were so friendly and outgoing, which helped us feel relaxed and more natural in our photos. We also had our dog (Bella) included in our engagement pictures and the wedding ceremony, so Jeeheon made sure to have her included in the pictures. We haven't seen the wedding pictures yet, but based on my experience with him and the engagement pictures, I know they will be great!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016

We used True Photography Weddings for our July wedding at the Scripps Seaside Forum after scouring reviews and real photos from weddings. Voytek and Janice shot our wedding and did a PHENOMENAL job. We did engagement pictures elsewhere since we're not local to San Diego anymore,... Read More but meeting Voytek for the first time right before the wedding went perfect. He puts you at ease, is funny and personable. Janice was also great and super friendly. They were creative and gave lots of direction for where they wanted us. Voytek was super responsive along the process and also listened to the types of photos I typically liked and disliked. I definitely recommend True Photography, and specifically Voytek (and Janice as second shooter) for your wedding! They are also great value for the price that you spend. Photographers can be pricey, but this was really reasonable, I thought.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Farrah G

Hire True Photography…..they are worth every penny and more! Choosing a photographer was # 2 on my priority list and we are so glad we hired True Photography! Ours was a destination wedding so I read tons of online reviews, they had nothing but wonderful reviews, and when I... Read More checked out their website, I fell in love with their work instantly. Initially I shopped around for another photographer thinking I might save a few dollars but I felt like the other photographers were giving me a sales pitch without saving much money at all. From my initial contact with the studio, they were so sincere about their commitment to capture amazing photos so I knew we had to hire them. From start to finish, all of my communication with the studio was very prompt and very professional. The photographer they assigned for our ceremony was Maddie. She was simply amazing! So sweet and easy to work with! From the day she called to introduce herself days after we signed the contract, Maddie was available for me to ask questions and bounce ideas around with. And on our wedding day, Maddie worked so hard to make sure we got the perfect shots while making me feel comfortable and beautiful in front of the camera. She also ensured we stayed on our time schedule and that she got all the specific shots we requested. We’ve just seen some of the photographs Maddie took and they turned out SIMPLY AMAZING! I couldn’t stop crying the first few times I looked through the images, they are just so beautiful!! Her images truly captured the emotion of our day and we love that! We can’t wait to see the rest of the photographs and send out our wedding announcements. Everyone will be amazed!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Mike M

True photography put me at ease on my wedding day. We have a huge family and they got all of the photos that I wanted in minimal time! They were on time, organized and so friendly and pleasant to work with! I absolutely loved them!! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Amanda P

Dustin and Ezra were phenomenal! We had such a blast with them on our wedding day. The photos are beautiful and we are having a hard time choosing which ones to hang up! Everyone that we talked to at the studio was very helpful and we would highly recommend working with them.... Read More My husband and I will definitely be working with them in the future.

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Cici L

We absolutely LOVE our photos! We were married a few weeks ago in Colorado and Dustin with True was absolutely fantastic! He got all the right shots and made sure that we had enough time to take as many pictures as we could. He knew exactly how to work the angles and bring out... Read More the natural beauty in us and our surroundings. We found True when we attended the Rocky Mountain Bridal Show and they were the first vendor to be booked. I don't regret it for a second. With all the e-mails back and forth, phone calls, and meetings, everyone has been really professional and fun to work with. I almost want another wedding just so I could book them again! I completely recommend them for flawless and beautiful pictures!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Tina B

MY wedding was so hectic with so many things going wrong and I was worried that I wasnt going to have any pretty pictures. They were AWESOME they took sooo many pictures and they got so many gorgeous shots! we still were able to take ALL pictures necessary even though we were an... Read More hour behind schedule. They have been very patient/flexible and so understanding with me during my whole wedding proces. They are EXTREMELY proffesional and the quality of their work is by far amazing!

2016-07-08T17:04:56 Response from the vendor

We were thrilled to create 'gorgeous' photos for you :) Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It means a lot to us!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Hanh N

I am so happy I hired True Photography for my wedding. I am from Boston, MA and searched endlessly for the right photographers. I was really impressed with their work on their website and they had amazing reviews so it was a no brainer to book them. They respond very quick to... Read More emails and questions. Billy was our lead photographer and he contacted us a week before to go over timelines and gave us great tips. On the day of the wedding, Billy and Alex were amazing and so easy going. Billy made sure we got all the shots we wanted. We were very impressed and we could tell the shots were going to be great. They worked really hard and we are very grateful and appreciative. We already got some of our pictures and they are amazing. Seriously, they are beautiful and we can’t wait to see the rest. I would highly recommend True Photography. Thank you to Billy and Alex for being apart of our special day and making it so special and fun! You guys were awesome!!!

2016-07-08T17:02:46 Response from the vendor

We appreciate you letting others know about your impressions :) We're so happy you enjoyed being photographed by Billy and Alax, and that you love the results. Congrats again to you both!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Sara Brin R

We loved the whole process of working with True Photography! We were initially a little nervous about going on our engagement photo shoot, because it's not something we often do... but Billy immediately made us feel at ease, and we had a great time! It was seriously so much... Read More fun working with him, both at the engagement shoot and at the wedding. Initially we didn't know if we wanted to pay so much for photos, but now that we have such spectacular photos we have absolutely no regrets. Every time we look at them they remind us of what an incredible day our wedding was, and I know we will treasure them for the rest of our lives. Thanks Billy and TruePhotography!!

2016-07-08T16:58:22 Response from the vendor

We had a great time photographing for you, and creating 'spectacular' photos. Thank you for sharing your experience with Billy and our studio :)

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Taryn B

True Photography was the best team for our wedding day! We met with Dustin several months prior to our wedding day to allow everyone get to know each other and so he could see our personalities. The planning process was informative and he was very responsive to our requests. The... Read More day-of process was excellent with both Dustin and Maddie. My wife and I love San Diego and definitely chose the right company and photographer to capture beautiful wedding photos. They captured the fun and love that was present on our wedding day and we will definitely use True Photography in the future.

2016-07-08T16:52:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the nice review! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with our studio, and Dustin and Maddie. Congrats again to you both :)

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Constance M

Voytek is one of the best photographers out there… Our engagement, wedding and trash the dress pictures were phenomenal! Voytek was incredibly professional and attentive. He also had a great sense of humor, which helped because my husband and I were not very comfortable... Read More jumping in front of a camera. Janis was the second photographer at the wedding and she was a pleasure to work with as well. We couldn’t be happier with the outcome of the photos taken. They certainly aren’t cheap by any means, but we are so glad we didn’t cut the cost in getting the right photographer. We are thrilled we have amazing photos around our home to remember one of the most important days of our lives. What else do you have to show for all the money you spent on the wedding except your pictures and videos. =) PLUS – They don’t charge per photo. We are not the most photogenic people so we were happy they gave us every frame. They took a lot and gave us the good and the bad. We also had an “unplugged wedding” which I would highly recommend you consider. You don’t need everyone snapping away messing up those perfect pictures.

THE BEST

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Dee

TRUE PHOTOGRAPHY are Amazing! They are extremely friendly, accommodating, and talented. Where do I begin? THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHY EVER! Engagement: Aizhan was our photographer for our engagement shoot. If you want the best pictures call True Photography. Aizhan listened to our... Read More scenery needs and was very accommodating. Additionally, she made some recommendations that were amazing. The photos came back and were Beautiful. OMG! Pictures were vibrant and absolutely elegant. It's been 8 months and i'm still looking at our pictures! Wedding: Aizhan & Sage were wonderful (no surprise)! They were punctual and everyone seemed to embody there friendly yet professional personality. They joked with us, loosened us up, and were extremely charming towards our families and friends. All of our guests loved their presence. We didn't have to wait long for our Photos and we were excited about the results. The photos were Top Notch, just like our engagement photos, the colors were vibrant, the shots were elegant, and everyone looked absolutely candid in sharing our wedding joys. I would definitely recommend True Photography to all of our friends and family. Don't think twice about booking them. You will Love every photo. If i could i would give True Photography more than 10 Stars! The most professional and Friendly team!

2016-01-10T16:46:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our studio! I am so happy that you love your pictures and experience. That means everything to us :) Congratulations again!!!!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Stefania G

Bottom line on photos: you get what you pay for. Voytek and Paul our photographers were phenomenal. I can't even begin to describe how amazing all of our photos were.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

We hired True Photography for our wedding and worked with Voytek and Paul. We were so impressed with how fun pictures were and all of our wedding party and guests commented to us as well how impressed they were with our photographers! I truly thought pictures were going to be... Read More something we just had to get through but turned out they were one of the funnest parts of the whole day thanx to Voytek and Paul!! Thank you so much for making our day so amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Kelly C

True photography was amazing! I had such a great experience and the pictures turned out so great. Aizhan was my photographer, she is very sweet but able to get everyone focused and in order quickly. She is very creative and such a great photographer. The photos turned out so... Read More spectacular.

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Muriel E

True Photography was awesome. It was a little bit different than what we expected but we were more than satisfied with the results. We met with Aaron, the owner of the company and he was able to tell us about the process and how True Photography began. We came in already... Read More impressed by their photos on their site but meeting with Aaron and his down to earth personality is what helped make our decision to choose True. But you don't work with Aaron. They will provide a photographer from their staff that they think will make a good fit for you and we communicate with each other from then on out. We worked with Voytek and whether or not he represented True photography, working with him was really cool! We first met at our engagement shoot and as if taking posed photos wasn't awkward enough, meeting a stranger for the first time to take those photos didn't make it any easier. But it was fine! Voytek was so chill and was so comfortable that it made us feel comfortable too. He was very personable and was able to direct us even when we felt weird about some poses... he even told us that it would feel weird. True was a little more expensive than the other companies we met with but they were also very flexible with payment options and were prompt with their email responses. The quality of the photos were worth every penny... but we also chose to spend more on photography because that's what was most important to us. The day of the wedding Voytek and Heather were on time and they were directive and assertive. They were able to get the attention of our friends and relatives amidst all the commotion and still respect the strict timeline by our church. They were very patient with the large bridal party and the unfortunate weather changes. Some of the day was rainy and gloomy but you couldn't even tell from the photos! They were able to improvise and they were so attentive to our needs... Heather was always holding my veil making sure it wouldn't get wet. I would definitely recommended Voytek, Heather and True Photography. They were fun and provided a stress free day!

2015-06-25T02:13:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that you are pleased :) Congratulations to you both again!! we hope to photograph for you through all of life's big adventures.

Start a Conversation!