True Photography Weddings

San Diego's #1 wedding photography studio! Our style is described by clients as timeless photography with an edge. Overall, you can expect a healthy mix of candids of you and all of your guests, as well as stylized artistic shots, formals (photographed quickly and professionally), and many details.

Lifestyle

Trash The Dress

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

448 West Market Street, San Diego, CA

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 Josh S

Our entire experience with True Photography was simply flawless!! From the initial consultation (with the owner, Aaron), to the actual event, and even the post-production work; True Photography is absolutely top notch! Our photographer (Billy) and his assistant photographer... Read More (Janis) were amazing! They took time to understand our personalities, our wedding party, and our guests as they worked their photographic magic. Their photos truly captured us for who we are and are so uniquely "us"! Best of all, they were calm and collected the entire evening (it's exceptionally important to have calming influences surrounding you on your wedding day). I do recommend hiring 2 of their photographers if finances allow, as the primary photographer will stay with the couple during the pre & post ceremony, while the assistant will be available to take valuable shots of the guests, the venue, etc. Look no further for your photography needs -- True Photography is impeccable.

Absolutely the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Ashley B

When we had decided on our venue we knew picking a photographer was next. Our venue had amazing photos on their website that drew us into the location. We found out it was True photography and their website blew us away. We knew they had to shoot our wedding. After filling out... Read More info online we got an immediate call to discuss pricing and scheduling. My husband served in the military so it was great to get the 10% discount. We had such great communication with out photagrapher Tatiana leading up to the big day. She gave us great advice on handling all the first look and family photos. The day of came and Tatiana and her assistant were amazing and easy to work with. The day felt so easy and my husband and I are so thrilled with out sneak peak that were posted less than 2 weeks after the big day. We can't wait to see the rest of the photos and design a book.

BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS AROUND

Reviewed on 12/18/2012 meghan w

We chose True Photography to photograph our wedding because we put photography on the top of our list of priorities. It was THE BEST decision we made! Everyone in the True team was awesome and took care of us from start to finish. The photos from our engagement shoot and wedding... Read More day are incredible- popping colors, clear, beautiful and creative. From the candids to the portraits, we couldn't be happier. All of our wedding guests tell us that they are the best wedding images they've ever seen. You also get all of your images digitally on a flash drive without a watermark so you can print them yourself. True is hands down the top wedding photographer in San Diego and we will continue to use them for other family shoots in the future. I promise, you will LOVE your photos!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Mike M

True photography put me at ease on my wedding day. We have a huge family and they got all of the photos that I wanted in minimal time! They were on time, organized and so friendly and pleasant to work with! I absolutely loved them!! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Amanda P

Dustin and Ezra were phenomenal! We had such a blast with them on our wedding day. The photos are beautiful and we are having a hard time choosing which ones to hang up! Everyone that we talked to at the studio was very helpful and we would highly recommend working with them.... Read More My husband and I will definitely be working with them in the future.

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Cici L

We absolutely LOVE our photos! We were married a few weeks ago in Colorado and Dustin with True was absolutely fantastic! He got all the right shots and made sure that we had enough time to take as many pictures as we could. He knew exactly how to work the angles and bring out... Read More the natural beauty in us and our surroundings. We found True when we attended the Rocky Mountain Bridal Show and they were the first vendor to be booked. I don't regret it for a second. With all the e-mails back and forth, phone calls, and meetings, everyone has been really professional and fun to work with. I almost want another wedding just so I could book them again! I completely recommend them for flawless and beautiful pictures!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Tina B

MY wedding was so hectic with so many things going wrong and I was worried that I wasnt going to have any pretty pictures. They were AWESOME they took sooo many pictures and they got so many gorgeous shots! we still were able to take ALL pictures necessary even though we were an... Read More hour behind schedule. They have been very patient/flexible and so understanding with me during my whole wedding proces. They are EXTREMELY proffesional and the quality of their work is by far amazing!

2016-07-08T17:04:56 Response from the vendor

We were thrilled to create 'gorgeous' photos for you :) Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It means a lot to us!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Hanh N

I am so happy I hired True Photography for my wedding. I am from Boston, MA and searched endlessly for the right photographers. I was really impressed with their work on their website and they had amazing reviews so it was a no brainer to book them. They respond very quick to... Read More emails and questions. Billy was our lead photographer and he contacted us a week before to go over timelines and gave us great tips. On the day of the wedding, Billy and Alex were amazing and so easy going. Billy made sure we got all the shots we wanted. We were very impressed and we could tell the shots were going to be great. They worked really hard and we are very grateful and appreciative. We already got some of our pictures and they are amazing. Seriously, they are beautiful and we can’t wait to see the rest. I would highly recommend True Photography. Thank you to Billy and Alex for being apart of our special day and making it so special and fun! You guys were awesome!!!

2016-07-08T17:02:46 Response from the vendor

We appreciate you letting others know about your impressions :) We're so happy you enjoyed being photographed by Billy and Alax, and that you love the results. Congrats again to you both!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Sara Brin R

We loved the whole process of working with True Photography! We were initially a little nervous about going on our engagement photo shoot, because it's not something we often do... but Billy immediately made us feel at ease, and we had a great time! It was seriously so much... Read More fun working with him, both at the engagement shoot and at the wedding. Initially we didn't know if we wanted to pay so much for photos, but now that we have such spectacular photos we have absolutely no regrets. Every time we look at them they remind us of what an incredible day our wedding was, and I know we will treasure them for the rest of our lives. Thanks Billy and TruePhotography!!

2016-07-08T16:58:22 Response from the vendor

We had a great time photographing for you, and creating 'spectacular' photos. Thank you for sharing your experience with Billy and our studio :)

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Taryn B

True Photography was the best team for our wedding day! We met with Dustin several months prior to our wedding day to allow everyone get to know each other and so he could see our personalities. The planning process was informative and he was very responsive to our requests. The... Read More day-of process was excellent with both Dustin and Maddie. My wife and I love San Diego and definitely chose the right company and photographer to capture beautiful wedding photos. They captured the fun and love that was present on our wedding day and we will definitely use True Photography in the future.

2016-07-08T16:52:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the nice review! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with our studio, and Dustin and Maddie. Congrats again to you both :)

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Constance M

Voytek is one of the best photographers out there… Our engagement, wedding and trash the dress pictures were phenomenal! Voytek was incredibly professional and attentive. He also had a great sense of humor, which helped because my husband and I were not very comfortable... Read More jumping in front of a camera. Janis was the second photographer at the wedding and she was a pleasure to work with as well. We couldn’t be happier with the outcome of the photos taken. They certainly aren’t cheap by any means, but we are so glad we didn’t cut the cost in getting the right photographer. We are thrilled we have amazing photos around our home to remember one of the most important days of our lives. What else do you have to show for all the money you spent on the wedding except your pictures and videos. =) PLUS – They don’t charge per photo. We are not the most photogenic people so we were happy they gave us every frame. They took a lot and gave us the good and the bad. We also had an “unplugged wedding” which I would highly recommend you consider. You don’t need everyone snapping away messing up those perfect pictures.

THE BEST

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Dee

TRUE PHOTOGRAPHY are Amazing! They are extremely friendly, accommodating, and talented. Where do I begin? THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHY EVER! Engagement: Aizhan was our photographer for our engagement shoot. If you want the best pictures call True Photography. Aizhan listened to our... Read More scenery needs and was very accommodating. Additionally, she made some recommendations that were amazing. The photos came back and were Beautiful. OMG! Pictures were vibrant and absolutely elegant. It's been 8 months and i'm still looking at our pictures! Wedding: Aizhan & Sage were wonderful (no surprise)! They were punctual and everyone seemed to embody there friendly yet professional personality. They joked with us, loosened us up, and were extremely charming towards our families and friends. All of our guests loved their presence. We didn't have to wait long for our Photos and we were excited about the results. The photos were Top Notch, just like our engagement photos, the colors were vibrant, the shots were elegant, and everyone looked absolutely candid in sharing our wedding joys. I would definitely recommend True Photography to all of our friends and family. Don't think twice about booking them. You will Love every photo. If i could i would give True Photography more than 10 Stars! The most professional and Friendly team!

2016-01-10T16:46:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our studio! I am so happy that you love your pictures and experience. That means everything to us :) Congratulations again!!!!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Stefania G

Bottom line on photos: you get what you pay for. Voytek and Paul our photographers were phenomenal. I can't even begin to describe how amazing all of our photos were.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

We hired True Photography for our wedding and worked with Voytek and Paul. We were so impressed with how fun pictures were and all of our wedding party and guests commented to us as well how impressed they were with our photographers! I truly thought pictures were going to be... Read More something we just had to get through but turned out they were one of the funnest parts of the whole day thanx to Voytek and Paul!! Thank you so much for making our day so amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Kelly C

True photography was amazing! I had such a great experience and the pictures turned out so great. Aizhan was my photographer, she is very sweet but able to get everyone focused and in order quickly. She is very creative and such a great photographer. The photos turned out so... Read More spectacular.

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Muriel E

True Photography was awesome. It was a little bit different than what we expected but we were more than satisfied with the results. We met with Aaron, the owner of the company and he was able to tell us about the process and how True Photography began. We came in already... Read More impressed by their photos on their site but meeting with Aaron and his down to earth personality is what helped make our decision to choose True. But you don't work with Aaron. They will provide a photographer from their staff that they think will make a good fit for you and we communicate with each other from then on out. We worked with Voytek and whether or not he represented True photography, working with him was really cool! We first met at our engagement shoot and as if taking posed photos wasn't awkward enough, meeting a stranger for the first time to take those photos didn't make it any easier. But it was fine! Voytek was so chill and was so comfortable that it made us feel comfortable too. He was very personable and was able to direct us even when we felt weird about some poses... he even told us that it would feel weird. True was a little more expensive than the other companies we met with but they were also very flexible with payment options and were prompt with their email responses. The quality of the photos were worth every penny... but we also chose to spend more on photography because that's what was most important to us. The day of the wedding Voytek and Heather were on time and they were directive and assertive. They were able to get the attention of our friends and relatives amidst all the commotion and still respect the strict timeline by our church. They were very patient with the large bridal party and the unfortunate weather changes. Some of the day was rainy and gloomy but you couldn't even tell from the photos! They were able to improvise and they were so attentive to our needs... Heather was always holding my veil making sure it wouldn't get wet. I would definitely recommended Voytek, Heather and True Photography. They were fun and provided a stress free day!

2015-06-25T02:13:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that you are pleased :) Congratulations to you both again!! we hope to photograph for you through all of life's big adventures.

Halloween Wedding @ Twin Oaks

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Krystal A

When I was picking my photographer it was between 2 different companies. One my husband wanted and the other was True Photography. I finally got him to go with my choice and we do not regret it one bit. We got Voytek as our photographer and he was amazing!!! His pictures are... Read More great quality, he caught great moment's and he was just overall great to work with. Check them out, they are worth the price for sure!

Great Photographer

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Jessica F

Mike Luna from True Photography did an absolutely fantastic job photographing our wedding and reception! He was fun and really great to work with. We had some special location photos and group photos we wanted and he was more than happy to set up any photos we requested. It is... Read More nice have a photographer that not only does a great job but also truly enjoys what he does. Thanks!

Best Decision We Made

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

We booked True Photography for our wedding because we heard nothing but amazing things. Prior to planning our wedding, I hadn't thought much about having a photographer, other than that we needed one to capture the event. It wasn't until after the wedding when we looked through... Read More our photos for the first time that I realized how much I valued having incredible photos that documented so many special moments -- from the memorable photos of my groomsmen and me before the ceremony, to my wife walking down the aisle and my grandma busting a move on the dance floor. These photos will always bring back all the magical moments and we are so thankful that we chose a top notch, talented company like True. I can whole heartedly say that choosing a photographer is one of the most, if not the most, important decision during the wedding planning process. I recommend putting your trust in True so that you can enjoy your wedding day and relive it all again when you look back at the photos. They are the best out there.

Michael is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Nicolette S

My husband and I hired Michael Svoboda at True Photography for our wedding and he was just incredible! He always made himself available before the wedding to meet with us to discuss ideas and explore locations at the venue. On the day of the wedding he was professional and fun... Read More and made everyone, including my husband and I, the wedding party and guests feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. We received over 1,000 photos and every single one of them was amazing! Your wedding photographer is one of the most important vendors you'll hire for your wedding and Michael will NOT disappoint!

Competent, Charismatic, Creative Genius!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Kara P

I was one lucky bride to have Dustin and True Photography play such a big part in our special day. Dustin knew what he was doing at all times and was the main artistic director of the wedding. He took control of all situations that arose even if outside of his job description... Read More and instructed the other vendors at times. His ability to remain flexible, have fun, and make everyone feel comfortable made for the perfect day. Thank you for going above and beyond even our highest expectations!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Sharde R

True Photography was amazing to work with from beginning to end. From the initial phone conversation to the amazingly edited wedding photos and everything in between, the experience was great. This is definitely a higher end photography company but they are worth the... Read More investment. We had the pleasure of working with Tatiana for our engagement photos. She made us feel so comfortable and the finished photos were just what we wanted and expressed to her beforehand. Many questions came up throughout the year between our engagement shoot and our wedding day. All of the representatives at True were extremely patient and helpful. Tatiana was there to shoot our wedding day as well. She made me as a bride feel completely at ease throughout the day. She was so kind to everyone and was still able to be assertive enough to get our large bridal party and families to cooperate to get the shots she needed. Her second shooter Irish was just as amazing and really helped to capture many of the details of our big day. The finished photos are absolutely amazing and we couldn't be happier!

Prepared

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Daria R

We had heard about True through conversation with another couple who had recently married & highly recommended them & then checked out their website, after which we were sold. Though we're still awaiting our wedding photos, they've been very good at letting us know ahead of... Read More time regarding timing, addressing any & all issues & working with our needs. They are incredibly professional & come prepared...so far it has been a great experience working with them but just be sure to get their professional photographers to ensure the best quality (as they have apprentices as well).

Beautiful Photos

Reviewed on 7/05/2014 Andrea R

True was great to work with. They were very responsive and happy to help make our day perfect. We loved the photos!

Best choice I made…Photography is very important

Reviewed on 3/12/2014 Christy D

My pictures are amazing I had Mike L. do them and received so many compliments! I highly highly recommend and I am very picky about photography. If you want vibrant, dramatic, magazine looking photos they are the way to go….if you like the very soft bridal look you may not be... Read More as happy as I am.