Tunxis Plantation Country Club

Farmington, CT

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Couples seeking to exchange vows enclosed by the natural beauty of towering pines can explore the outdoor wedding venue at Tunxis Plantation Country Club in Farmington, Connecticut. This one-of-a-kind covered, 10,500-square-foot space has an optimal layout for a full evening of celebration, from ceremony to reception. Widely experienced in hosting weddings in this unique space, Tunxis Plantation Country Club focuses on one celebration a day, giving all its attention to the couple preparing to exchange vows. The floor plan allows guest to seamlessly flow from one section of the pavilion to the next, all the while enjoying the picturesque setting engulfed in deep forest and stunning landscaping.

Ceremony Pavilion. A tall, white pergola, specifically for exchanging vows, sits at the top end of the wedding space, allowing a dramatic entrance for the bride and wedding party through the covered guest area. This section is easily adaptable in the event of inclement weather. Backed by massive pine trees, there are endless photo opportunities throughout the ceremony. Additional photos options, including first-look, are available while exploring the grounds, which includes three stunning fountains, a classic gazebo and the Willow Pond where couples can hold cocktails and toasts.

Tunxis Pavilion. Guests can warm themselves by the outdoor fireplace before heading to dinner in this open-air reception area. A dance floor fills the center of the space and a bar and band area guarantee easy transitions throughout the evening. Additionally, there are endless ways to add personal touches to this rustic space.

Five generous wedding packages allow couples to work alongside the experienced event staff to customize an evening that fits their vision. The on-site catering teams offer a large variety of gourmet appetizers, entrees and desserts, as well as wine service throughout dinner and coffee and tea to accompany wedding cake. Signature entrees include Tuscan baked veal scaloppini with fresh mozzarella and basil or seared breast of duck with a fresh fig compote. Couples may also choose a buffet-style menu, which features carving and pasta stations as well as a signature entree.

All packages include four hours of open bar, glass hurricane centerpieces, votive candles, a champagne toast, table linens and wine service. Couples can add additional hours and food stations from the ample selections.

This attentive, welcoming venue is an ideal setting for those seeking an outdoor space close to the convenience of several major cities. Additional perks include:

• Champagne provided during photography session after ceremony
  • Consultation and planning guidance available
  • Highly experienced wedding planner and executive chef on site

Beautiful Weddings Begin With Here...

Tunxis Plantation prides itself on hosting quality weddings. We schedule only one wedding per day, allowing our staff to concentrate on fulfilling your every wish. The facility is yours and you can schedule your reception to avoid long delays between ceremony and celebration. The entire staff at Tunxis Plantation Country Club would like to thank you in advance for considering our beautiful and truly unique Tunxis Pavilion outdoor wedding location and Tavern on the Green. Our dedication to excellence ensures your day will be filled with fond and precious memories for all lucky enough to attend!

• Outdoor - Covered

Country Club

Food + Catering, Planning

87 Town Farm Rd, Farmington, CT (860) 678-9523

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Michelle P

Words can't even express how special Tunxis Plantation Country Club is to me. It was probably the 10th or 11th venue my husband and I looked at but I knew the second I walked through the pathway and up into the pavilion that it was the one! I wanted a rustic but not "barn"... Read More wedding and this was the perfect place to make it happen. The lights, the layout, the indoor/outdoor access, the fire pit were all selling points to me. I knew I wanted my wedding to be in October and they had one Saturday left when we spoke with Marlo (the events director). We booked it on the spot! Marlo was AMAZING to work with. We booked our day very early on (and Marlo was pregnant!) so we were so glad she was back just in time for our wedding. Both Marlo and Christine were always available to us and understood our vision and requests. My husband and I were married there October 15, 2016. The day was perfect! Marlo was in and out to check on us and Christine was always available and ran the show perfectly! The staff was super friendly and took very good care of us and our guests. The grounds that we were brought to to take our photographs were stunning! They even had a table set up for drinks and food while our pictures were taking place (they made us our own cocktail hour!). The food was great (from the few bites that my husband and I had) but also everyone LOVED the salmon and prime rib! Overall, it was one of the best days of my life and Tunix and their staff played a huge (most important) part in making that happen for us! If you are considering Tunxis for your big day…DO IT! We highly highly recommend it! Thank you Marlo, Christine, and staff at Tunix Plantation Country Club!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Samantha G

Tunxis was such a great venue for our wedding! Marlo and Kristine made sure we were organized and on schedule from day one until our rehearsal and everything the day of was absolutely perfect. Marlo and Kristine were great communicators and responded quickly to all of our... Read More questions during our planning process. They also did a great job making the large pavilion space work for our very small wedding. The food was delicious and the portions were very generous. The whole staff at Tunxis was very attentive during our reception and many people came to our sweetheart table throughout the night to make sure we were doing well and had everything we needed. Also, the golf cart limos that took us to the pond to take post-ceremony pictures and that took us to our car after the reception was a really nice touch. Thanks to everyone at Tunxis, our day was wonderful and completely stress free. Highly recommended! Tunxis is a hidden gem when it comes to wedding venues.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Nicole P

We couldn't have been happier with our decision of choosing Tunxis Plantation Country Club as our wedding reception venue! Marlo and Kristine truly went above and beyond to make our day beautiful and had everything so well-prepared and organized. Communication was one thing that... Read More I was very impressed with especially - I would send an email to Marlo or Kristine and get a response within a few hours (sometimes even minutes)! Kristine was in charge of the decorations for our reception and we received so many compliments from our guests saying how beautiful everything was under the pavillion. Thanks Marlo and Kristine for being so amazing!!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Jessica D

My bridal shower was a complete surprise planned by my sisters and it was a lovely surprise.The grounds and banquet room were absolutely beautiful.The food and service was superb I will most defiantly be having another event there.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 8/17/2011 jess t

My wife and I saw this venue and did not need to look any further. We got married at the Pavilion outside. Marlo the event planner was very helpful. The menu is very well priced, the food was great, and the outdoor setting was perfect.

Helpful and Wonderful

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Rachel F

Tunxis Plantation and Marlo (the wedding coordinator) did everything they could to make sure our day was fantastic. We were married, and had our reception, in the outdoor pavilion. Even though it was a hot July day, all anyone can talk about was how beautiful and hiccup-free... Read More the reception was. We had a buffet reception and everyone agreed that the food was amazing. Everything was well-cooked and well-seasoned. The choices were varied and we were not disappointed with any of our choices. No matter what questions we had, Marlo and her team responded with an answer within 24 hours. We would recommend this site to anyone who is getting married in Connecticut.

Review for Tunxis Plantation Country Club

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jenny C

The food was wonderful (guests are still talking about the food). Photos taken on the golf course were beautiful.;The banquet manager (Annie) was very disorganized and made the planning process very stressful and difficult. She was not always available by phone and did not... Read More return phone calls or emails in a timely fashion (sometimes took several calls over several days to get in touch with her)....VERY FRUSTRATING!!!! Special details which were discussed on several different occasions at length regarding how our ceremony and reception were to be set up were not followed through. Toasting glasses were not on our table (we had a sweetheart table for us), and we were supposed to have our own waitperson for just us which didn't happen. Guests were not dirrected to the salad portion of the buffet. My flower arrangements from the ceremony were not moved to the reception (I found them in a corner by the gift table, not placed around the placecard table or the bar area as I had asked). Annie was rude to my family and wedding party at our rehearsal, and also cut off my rehearsal after less than 30 minutes telling us that she had a meeting. She was also supposed to coordinate ceremony rose petals with my florist and never did. 3 days before our wedding she didn't even know what our cocktail hour and main dinner menu choices were (we had picked them all out in 6 months prior at the food tasting....) There are many other things, these examples are just a sampling of all the annoyances and frustrations that we experienced!