Twin Owls Steakhouse at the Black Canyon Inn

Estes Park, CO

Twin Owls Steakhouse at the Black Canyon Inn

Twin Owls Steakhouse is located at the Black Canyon Inn and housed in a recently renovated 1920's log cabin. We blend the tradition of family, the celebration of friends and the finest cuisine in Estes Park for a warm and unique experience. We offer many options for your unforgettable event.

Ballroom, Restaurant

800 MacGregor Ave, Estes Park, CO (970) 215-4544

Great Food and Location

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Heather S

The food here was amazing but even better was the atmosphere. The steakhouse was rustic and romantic with the great fireplace in the loft upstairs. Everyone enjoyed dining here.

great reception!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Laura T

We had our wedding reception at Twin Owls and could not have been happier. We had a great experience from the beginning. Sandra was great to work with and easy to get in touch with, and whenever she was unavailable her assistant, Julie, was just as great. We had a couple of... Read More minor contract issues but Sandra was very responsive and was able to fix them as soon as they were brought to her attention. They are very flexible and accommodating. The venue is GORGEOUS - we had very minimal decorations and it would have been fine with even less - and of course the food was delicious. We are still getting tons of compliments on our reception!

Akailey

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Adreann K

Food and service was great! Beautiful and private loft to have a small wedding reception.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Sara R

We had an amazing reception at Twin Owls! Thank you so much for all your work, all of our guests had a wonderful evening. We loved the cozy feel of the venue, it has such character. Everything was very well done! Highly recommend the Elk Bites and Bacon Wrapped Scallop... Read More appetizers- delicious!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Abbie M

The venue is beautiful and was the perfect setting for our day. There were a couple small snafus in the communication process but Sandra was very pleasant to work with and I highly recommend checking out Twin Owls. It's super convenient if you are getting married at Black Canyon... Read More Inn, but would be a lovely site even if you were getting married somewhere else.

2017-11-08T21:39:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Twin Owls Steakhouse. It was a pleasure working with you and hosting your event. Best Wishes to you both!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Jessica T

My husband and I got married at the Black Canyon Inn on 9/3/17 and had our reception at the Twin Owls Steakhouse. We couldn't have been happier with how it all turned out! Twin Owls is beautiful inside and provides a rustic yet elegant atmosphere. Also, the food was amazing and... Read More we had a lot of guests that were raving about the prime rib and mashed potatoes. We worked with Sandra for the two years leading up the wedding and she was helpful, responsive, and flexible where she could be. It was really nice going to Twin Owls for our tasting as we had a chance to talk to Sandra face-to-face and an opportunity to try some meal options. It was such a fun meeting and Sandra took a good amount of time with us to ensure she had all of the information she needed and also gave me time to ask questions and make requests. Sandra was really accommodating and even offered to provide Sangria as our signature drink, as well as a S'mores bar for our wedding reception. Thank you, Sandra! On the night of the wedding, Sandra was there to make sure everything was running smoothly and she even provided a take-home box of food that my husband and I could enjoy the next day as we didn't have a ton of time to eat the night of the wedding. My only complaint is the time restrictions. The ten o'clock hour comes quick and I would have loved to have just one more hour of dance time. However, we knew our time limitations going in and we still had such an incredible night with family and friends at Twin Owls! Looking forward to going back for dinner soon!

2017-09-18T16:36:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jessica and Mark. It was a pleasure working with you. Seeing it come full circle was amazing to witness. All the details and planning efforts put forth resulted in a lovely evening. Thank you for your review. Congratulation and keep in touch!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Stephanie F

-Everyone very much enjoyed the food. -The loft room was so hot, guests were unable to enjoy themselves/be comfortable. Most left immediately after the cake. The waitress said the air conditioner was on, but it couldn't have been (I was sitting underneath and it was very hot).... Read More It was so warm, one guest spent most of the time outside and didn't eat his meal d/t over heating. Since everyone left early, guests didn't drink all the alcohol purchased because of temperature. -The waitress did give that guest a take away box so he could later eat his meal, unfortunately it was in his room where the temperature was more comfortable. -Childern that ordered the chicken nuggets only got chicken nuggests, not "served with ranch dressing and vegetables" -There was a live acoustic guitar player downstairs, we were unable to play our own background music because the guitar player was louder. -One of the 2 servers was a gentleman unable to serve alcohol (minor). He spent most of his time standing around while the waitress ran up and down the stairs. If there was a bar area in the loft room, why wasn't this utilized to save trips up and down? -The waitress poured the champagne for guests, but because she was going up and down the stairs, there was a 15 minute delay/waiting for the n/a toasting beverage to be poured (for grandma and kids). She apologized for forgetting, but everyone was trying to leave because of the heat. -The cake was not cut the guidelines/standards. The person who cut our 2 layer cake left the top layer on when cutting the bottom. The bottom layer slices were all small pieces and left the cake butchered with more leftovers then anticipated. It was also disproportionate because it was cut incorrectly. Convenient location if you're getting married at Black Canyon, lacking in areas and can't do anything about it after the fact.

2017-07-11T15:26:03 Response from the vendor

It certainly is of value to know what happened, so that we can correct these issues. We will certainly address each and every issue with staff, to come up with better solutions on how to deal with this in the future. It is unfortunate that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kelly P

I had an amazing experience with the Twin Owls. Sandra was great to work with and the food was delicious. The whole team was helpful and made my reception amazing! I got so many compliments on the food!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 BJ C

Twin Owls will provide you with an atmosphere of rustic yet classy. The owner and coordinator Sandra was absolutely wonderful to work with. As an event coordinator myself, I cannot express the importance of communication, guidance and understanding. She did an outstanding job!... Read More Scenery is beautiful and the food is amazing! I cannot recommend this venue enough.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Brittany B

This venue is gorgeous! Sandra and her team were so helpful and my night was flawless. The food is amazing and my guests couldnt stop complimenting this venue choice.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Lydia W

Food was delicious! Best food I have ever had at a wedding by far. The bartenders were awesome, very fast and no waiting. The steakhouse was beautiful with a rustic feel. The only negative I have is that they were not flexible with seating arrangements and gave us 1 seating... Read More chart with how tables were laid out and there was no changing this. I was upset about this during the planning process but the wonderful service, food, and drinks the night of the wedding made up for this

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Jennifer S

My husband and I chose this spot because of its true Colorado feel. We first found the Black Canyon Inn and loved the site as well as the convenience of the lodging. Then we located the steakhouse right in the center of it all. We had alot of out of town guests, so we wanted to... Read More make sure they could enjoy the night without having to drive or taxi. The day of the wedding the staff could not have been any better. They truly work to make the night one to remember. Our guests loved the food and bartender the best. Because the venue is smaller, it makes for a very intimate wedding. This is exactly what we were looking for. Sandra and her team were very attentive the entire night. They love what they do and you can see and feel that. Little decoration is needed because the location itself is perfect. We couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Kathleen W

The Twin Owls Steakhouse was the perfect spot to hold our rehearsal dinner! Sandra was a pleasure to work with and her serving staff went out of their way to make the evening special for us and our guests. Our dinner was held in the loft above the main floor and it was a nice... Read More space where our party could be kept separate from everything else. The food was delicious and we were able to offer multiple entrees to our guests to choose from. The bar package was easy to set up with plenty of drink options. The servers were extremely attentive, helpful, and courteous to our guests. I’m glad we chose this place because it set the tone for a great wedding weekend.

Twin Owls Steakhouse!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Sydney D

We looked at this venue over a year before we planned to get married and booked it right away!( I would recommend this if you love it because it gets booked up very quickly). It is rustic and glamorous with a log cabin feel and huge chandeliers. We had some trouble and... Read More communication issues while trying to arrange which package we wanted and how many guests we would have but this was quickly solved. On the day of the wedding, they allow you to decorate at 12:30 pm which worked out perfectly since my ceremony was at 4, cocktail hour at 4:30 and we wouldn't be going into the restaurant until 5:30 for dinner. One other thing I loved on the day is that when my husband and I were about to walk in for our grand entrance they came up and asked us what we wanted to eat(we choose a buffet) and brought our food to us first so we would be able to eat and then have plenty of time to mingle, very classy! The one downside is cost, this is a 5 star restaurant my friends so they do not let you get out easy! We paid about $100 a person which included a buffet with prime rib, tortellini and Alaskan cod as the mains. As well as sides, unlimited soda, juice, tea, wine and beer. It worked perfectly for us, and all our friends and family were raving about the food for weeks! Overall, I had a great experience with Twin Owls, although they were pricy they helped make my day incredible and everything went so smoothly!

Amazingly delicious food and service!!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Marianne M

Food was absolutely the best wedding food I've ever had (and I've been to weddings everywhere, including the Stanley Hotel). I was worried the food would be mediocre after our tasting. The food was good then, but I wasn't blown away. Everyone at the wedding RAVED about the... Read More dinner they had. And the waiters/waitresses were super attentive to me and my groom. Would recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015

We were married on July 4, 2015 and I cannot thank Sandra and the rest of the Twin Owls Steakhouse staff enough. As if the venue doesn't speak for itself, the staff just complete the picture. They were all so incredibly accommodating and helpful when planning a destination... Read More wedding. I never felt stressed and received prompt responses to all emails. Sandra made sure that our day was perfect! We opted for the buffet and everyone at the reception commented on how delicious the food was. I highly recommend the spicy elk tenderloins for an appetizer, you won't be disappointed!! Since returning home I have not stopped telling all of my family and friends about the phenomenal experience we had at Twin Owls Steakhouse. I cannot wait to return there.

Great food and venue.. terrible service

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 jandee t

It's a shame to give this low of a rating because we were so excited to use Twin Owls for our Reception. The food here is INCREDIBLE. The restaurant is beautiful and rich in history. The staff was flawless our wedding night. Our guests raved about the food and the service. The... Read More selection was wide and varied. And the price was very reasonable. Unfortunately it was the planning process that left us feeling neglected. We had a great initial impression with the owners. We dined in the restaurant the night before we met to discuss possibly booking the venue for a wedding and we fell in love with it right away. We were blown away by the food. And one of the owners came by our table (not even knowing our reason for dining there) and swept us off our feet with his personable approach and hospitality. The next morning we met with his wife Sandra, the co owner and again were blown away by the personable approach and packages they offer and we booked a date immediately. That was the end of our good experience in dealing with them. Sandra was difficult to get a hold of. Responses were usually one word answers or none at all. Finally we submitted our final plan 2-3 months before the wedding as required with our idea with linens and lighting etc. Of course no reply so we sought one out, and the response was "yes" it was received. Not answering any of the questions we had. Come to find out the week of the wedding after everything was reserved, that our linen plan wouldn't work b/c of the type of tables they use. It was apparent that our plan wasn't even fully reviewed until then. Fortunately I had a planner who was able to change our linen order in time and hunt down Sandra to get the answers we needed on multiple other items. We were staying on site the whole week before the wedding and tried to meet to make sure everything else was set, but we were unable to find her so we eventually had to talk to another staff member who was unsure of most of what we were asking. The only time we saw her all week was at the very end of the night to collect payment. When there was a problem with the card all of a sudden she was readily available the whole next day calling multiple times to make sure she got paid. Another disappointing thing we were shocked to discover the night of the reception was that were not "permitted" to order shots from the bar. We purchased the highest available food and liquor package with the understanding the whole bar would be available. We were told in advance that shots and doubles would have to be paid for in cash, so when we had money left over to meet our minimums our hope was to open another bar tab for just that purpose. Well the night of the wedding going to order a shot as husband and wife and the bartender told us shots aren't allowed because "people get too drunk". That is not what was in our contract and highly disappointing for all the money we paid to be told as adults were aren't allowed to do a shot the night of our wedding? just bizarre and unacceptable. It was still a beautiful reception with great food, and our guests enjoyed it, but for us it should've been a better experience as a whole.

Gorgeous Reception Venue in Estes Park!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Christina R

Twin Owls is a wonderful place to have your wedding reception. The log cabin is amazing and is so unique. The food is excellent and everyone will love it! The responsiveness to emails and phone calls is slow; it sometimes took days to get a response. However, they were very... Read More accommodating to any changes I wanted to make or any concerns that I had. The value is great, while there is a food and beverage minimum, there is no rental fee. However, we had decided to pay for an extra buffet option, but come the day of the wedding the food was not available for our guests. While I was refunded the money, I was still upset that it was not made and it was one of the things I was looking forward to eating. But, the rest of the food was amazing and was leaps and bounds over normal wedding reception food.

Great food/setting, coordinator hard to work with

Reviewed on 11/08/2012 Whitney F

Twin Owls steakhouse has amazing food. Huge proportions and a high quality taste. The ambiance was lovely. They've taken really good care of the old mansion, and it has a unique feel to it. My biggest complaint was that the coordinator only works a few days a week, so when we... Read More were getting down to the fine details, she'd often be unreachable which was really frustrating. Everything turned out ok, but it felt very last-minute, and I like to plan ahead, so this was really stressful for me. My only other complaint was that the noise restriction forced us to end our reception at 10:30pm, which is really really early, in my opinion. The service on the day-of was great.

Yummy

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Sarah G

Great food, great staff, great drinks, great location, inside is really cool looking

Bachlorette party dinner

Reviewed on 8/05/2012 Kelsey E

Twin owls did a great job with our wild group of ladies. The service was great, the food was amazing, we had a great time overall. Sorry again about the penis confetti! :)

Wonderful for a smaller wedding.

Reviewed on 8/02/2012 Nicole F

We had about 40 guests at our wedding. We rented out the garden room and bar/lounge area for our wedding reception in Estes Park, CO. The Twin Owls Steakhouse was excellent. Our food was excellent and our guests were still talking about it a week later. It was the perfect amount... Read More of space for our guests and I wouldn't have done it any differently. Their wedding coordinator Sandra was easy to work with and patient. They worked well with our florist and cake company and were very accommodating.

Great staff!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2012 Karen S

Sandra and Julie worked together to make our evening absolutely wonderful. The staff was soooo attentive of my husband and I, making sure we had water, drinks, and something to eat if ever we needed. They worked with our DJ to coordinate everything behind the scenes so my... Read More husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing. We had a little less than 120 guests so filled the main room, loft, and had the buffet in the garden room. It was a little tough that they opened for decorating at 12:30 on the day-of ... with the wedding at 3:30 I was already getting hair and make-up done and wasn't able to do up the steakhouse on my own. It was tough - I didn't want to ask bridesmaids or mom/stepmom to do it because I wanted them with me during hair and makeup. So that was a little frustrating and "inflexible" The food... holy moly it is the best food we or any of our guests have ever eaten. This is NOT "wedding food" I mean... baked brie, elk bites, NY strip... unbelievable. So good. But WOOOOOWWWW do you pay for it. That is the only reason I had to give value 4 stars... not that it is more expensive than anywhere else in Estes for a wedding... but everyone up there charges too much. So just throw down and do it!!

Beautiful mid-size Reception

Reviewed on 7/22/2012 Jennifer P

We had our wedding reception here in June with about 120 people. They worked with us with long distance planning and were very flexible and accommodating with set-up within the facility. We definitely recommend!

Yummy Dinner!

Reviewed on 7/19/2012 Lauren C

This place was awesome! The unique menu was fabulous for our out of town guests. The appetizers were extremely tasty. The dinner itself was even perhaps better than our wedding dinner! And the desserts were to die for! The venue had multiple room choices, and the one we got... Read More was perfect. The price was right, and the service was excellent.