Artistic & Creative Storytelling

Welcome to Twisted Oaks Studio (Top 100 Wedding Photography Studios). We are a team of talented photographers with the same vision... to tell the authentic story of your wedding through images that will simply blow your mind. Our goal is to provide an all-around unique experience that starts from the time we meet, til well past your wedding day. We want you to enjoy spending time with us on your big day, so we want you to feel comfortable and have fun, while also not knowing we are even there most of the day. Our approach to the wedding day is to sit back and let your story unfold all on its own, while we capture moments like a fly on the wall. We also like to take some time with the bride and groom creating epic imagery where we mix in some directing while still allowing real emotion.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York (609) 820-1785
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Diana A

I knew as soon as I saw their photos that I wanted Jay and Sandi to photograph my wedding. Their style is amazing. Working with them was so easy. They made us feel so comfortable and relaxed. We've only seen a few teaser photos and cannot wait to see the full ablum!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Whitney E

We had nothing but a great experience with the Twisted Oaks team. Cecilia shot our engagement and wedding photos, and made us feel comfortable and put us at ease on our big day. She is exceptionally talented, and we could not be happier with the results. Each photo is like a... Read More piece of art that captures the detail, emotion, and memories of the day. We were also impressed with the responsiveness, communication, and organization during the planning process. Thank you for capturing the biggest day of our lives in such a beautiful way!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Ryan Q

Once we saw Jay and Sandi’s photography online we knew we had to have them shoot our wedding. They capture the emotions, feelings and intimate moments of your wedding in such a beautiful journalistic style. They are extremely talented, super fun to hang out with and make you... Read More feel comfortable all day. From the beginning they were extremely responsive, organized and easy to work with. You get to leave your wedding with not only amazing pictures but new friends. We can not recommend them enough and are already looking to forward to finding a reason to shoot with them again!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Gwen E

Doug, John, Jay and the entire Twisted Oaks team were absolutely incredible to work with for our wedding. Photography was by far the most important aspect of our wedding day. Throughout the entire planning process and up through our big day, we constantly joked that we were... Read More getting married for the pictures because pictures were THAT important to us! We researched our options extensively and landed on Twisted Oaks both for the quality of the images and the incredible, one-of-a-kind editing. We were lucky enough to get scheduled with Doug and John, who were both an absolute joy to work with. Doug was available throughout the planning process to bounce ideas off of and discuss our timeline. He is so easy going and was always available to answer our questions. We met Doug a month before the wedding where we were able to get to know each other, hash out day-of details and share our picture preferences. Doug eased all of our worries. When it came to wedding day, Doug and John absolutely exceeded expectations. They were so incredibly fun to work with and extremely creative. They truly are artists. We can’t say enough how stress-free and enjoyable they made the process. Even our wedding party had fun during what is normally the least exciting part of the day, in large part due to Doug and John’s demeanor. After the wedding, we were blown away by the teasers and final gallery. We were so pleased with the quality of the pictures and the beautiful editing. Not only did they capture every special moment, but Twisted Oaks’ photojournalistic style re-tells the story of our wedding perfectly. Jay was so wonderful answering all of our questions after our big day. We truly appreciate all the hard work Jay and his team put into editing our pictures to perfection. We would recommend Doug, John and Twisted Oaks to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jessica G

Thank you Jay and Sandi so much, you are both incredible people and photographers and just awesome. From booking with you guys a year and a half before the wedding, through an engagement, boudoir, wedding, mini-wedding and surprise wreck the dress shoot you guys were... Read More unbelievable and made us not worry about a thing! We had a blast at our wedding, and you guys were the main reason that we didn't totally freak out about being over an hour late for pictures the morning of the wedding! We stayed calm because we knew no matter how late we were, that our pictures would be incredible. You guys even took your time with us that morning to let us hike around in the woods and climb into trees! Then your willingness to come out and take pictures for us with Nana, for our separate celebration with her, meant the world to all of us, and will be pictures we truly cherish. Immediately after that, the spur of the moment wreck the dress shoot was just an extra fun addition that I think is hilarious and awesome! You guys are both so down to earth and TOTALLY have the ability to shoot an insane number of weddings while keeping a personal touch (And the personalities to be friends with everyone!) So to wrap this all up... THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Lori J

Sandi and Jay are the dream team! They are AMAZING photographers! We knew we had to hire them for our wedding after seeing their photography online and then meeting them in person sealed the deal. It felt like we were long-time friends. They were quick to respond to all of our... Read More emails and phone calls during the planning process which is a HUGE plus. They are both so talented- I see many, many years of success for them and Twisted Oaks! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Zachary A

Jay and Sandi were absolutely amazing to work with! I've known Jay for years and to have him and Sandi as our photographers made it even more special. They answered all of our questions from the Engagement sessions through the day of the wedding. My friends and family have been... Read More raving about the pictures they have seen so far and we can't wait to see the rest! They have exceeded all of our expectations! Thank you both for everything!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Amanda M

I have attended two weddings that twisted oaks has photographed. I knew from seeing how they interacted with the couple to seeing the pictures afterwards that I wanted them to be apart of my day. They exceeded my expectations! Couldn't recommend them enough!!!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Jenna F

Twisted Oaks was an amazing choice. The wedding pictures came back incredible and I couldn't be happier! I would recommend them to anyone who needed photography. Cecilia and Austin were both wonderful. Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Naydeen Z

I cannot say better things about Twisted Oaks Studio! I went with Twisted Oaks Associates and got Angela and John and they were absolutely amazing!! I'm originally from the NYC area, and I've moved away for work, but when it came down to where I was going to have my wedding, I... Read More knew it had to be somewhere near home, where my whole family still was. A big criteria for choosing my vendors was being able to handle my need for remote planning. Sandi and Angela made sure to accommodate my needs! Angela was always ready to do facetime calls, and made sure to have every detail ahead of the day of, to make the day of seamless. Angela and John had great personalities and really just made it fun working with them. I really wanted an artistic/documentary feel to our photos and that's exactly what we got! Our photos are literally exactly what I had envisioned them to be! I am so happy that I went with Twisted Oaks Studio!! They are the dream team!

2017-08-22T13:15:55 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure photographing your wedding day and we are so happy you loved your photographs. Seeing reviews like these makes us love what we do!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Allison V

Look no further. Twisted oaks studio was hands down the best decision we made about our wedding. We had the pleasure of working with Jay and Sandi for both our engagement pictures and wedding. My husband and I are very into hiking and Jay and Sandi had no hesitation when we... Read More asked if they would be up for a 5 mile hike at Ricketts Glenn state park for our engagement pictures. The pictures were AMAZING…our family/friends kept telling us how they so perfectly captured “us.” Even after my husband got us lost in a state park…at night…with no flash lights…3 hours away from home… they even showed up for our wedding, and thank god for that! Our wedding pictures are on another level! My father cries when he looks at their pictures, I can’t decide what ones I’m going to hang in my home and I’m already scheming to see when/what we can work with them on again. Not only are they super creative, but they are also down to earth, fun, and awesome people to have around on your wedding day. Do yourselves a favor and book with twisted oaks studio to get some magazine worthy pictures on your special day!!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Stacy N

We cannot even put into words how amazing our experience with Twisted Oaks was! We booked them for our wedding on 7/7/17 and we had Doug as our photographer, and it was the best experience ever! He was absolutely amazing and captured our day in a unique style. He also did our... Read More engagement shoot, so at our wedding we were super comfortable. We were laughing and having a great time our whole wedding day. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful! We would recommend this studio and doug a million times over!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Melanie B

Where do I begin? My fiancé and I are getting married abroad and had the difficult task of finding a photographer to shoot just our engagement pictures. With SO many photographers out there, I took to social media to find someone with a unique eye and a knack for romantic photos... Read More in natural light. I kept stumbling on photos that I loved and realized that the common thread was Twisted Oaks Studio. From the second we reached out, Jay and Sandi had been super responsive, friendly and warm. We had to reschedule several times because the weather wasn't cooperating , but let me tell you, Sandi was so completely understanding and almost insisted we reschedule because she wanted us to have incredible photos just as much as we did!! We finally had the chance to meet Jay and Austin on a perfect day and it was absolutely worth the wait. My fiancé and I couldn't believe how much fun we were having, after thinking it would be an awkward experience (we don't take many photos!). We haven't seen all of the photos just yet, but Jay sent over a few teasers and they are INCREDIBLE. We were blown away (I couldn't believe it was us!!) and can't wait to fill our walls with the amazing photos Jay and Austin took. We highly recommend Twisted Oaks Studio to anyone looking to capture dreamy, romantic, Pinterest worthy photos that you'll cherish forever!! Extremely professional, personable and amazing at what they do!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Rachel R

We did both our engagement photos and our wedding with Angela and we loved her! Our photos are amazing and we couldn't be happier. She was friendly and professional the entire time, and returned our photos promptly both times. I would definitely recommend her.

2017-08-22T13:18:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you both so much for this amazing review. I had so much fun with you on your engagement session and wedding day! So happy when I meet and photograph such a sweet couple and I wish you both all the best!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Katie D

We loved working with Cecilia and Austin on our wedding day (and Sandi via email)! We had a nor'easter on our wedding day, so needless to say there was a lot of changes that had to be made last minute. Cecilia and Austin were awesome in figuring out how to make everything seem... Read More seamless, including Cecilia calming my nerves about the 100% chance of rain the week before. We initially chose to go with Twisted Oak because of how beautifully edited the photos were, and we were not disappointed with how BEAUTIFUL our photos turned out. We received the photos exactly in the timeline they told us, and they did a great job communicating with us throughout the entire process (before and after the wedding). I was thrilled both with customer service and product with Twisted Oaks!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Karina G

Cecilia is AWESOME! They really care about natural lighting and are amazing photographers. They're very professional and timely. We had a ton of fun shooting with them. I can't wait to see the finished product!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Alexis E

Doug and John made our day! It is easy to see how beautiful Twisted Oaks Studio creates their photos! For our wedding, my husband and I really wanted a photographer who could pull the beauty out of our day, while still looking natural. Doug and John did just that! They were also... Read More wonderful at making us genuinely laugh throughout the day! I love how the photos came out, they were magical! My only critique is I wish I knew earlier in the planning process the suggested time of how long the photos were expected to take and I would have moved the timeline up an hour to accommodate. While boys have plenty of time to get ready and my husband had an individual shot with each groomsmen, I felt like I only had time for group shots with my ladies. That being said, those shots are filled with the joy I felt on the day and perfect! You will be very happy if you choose Twisted Oaks for your day!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Emily M

Cecilia and Austin were fabulous from Twisted Oaks. Our wedding day it was raining, overcast and so muggy and they were our power source. They watched the weather and got us outside when they could. From the sneak peek it looks like my husband and I are in Vogue. The pictures... Read More are insane and I cannot wait to see the rest. They are truly talented, patient and professional. When Cecilia suggested we go outside for more pictures at different moments and she said "two minutes" she meant it and let us enjoy ourselves as much as possible. I am so happy I got to work with them!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Brent H

Twisted Oaks pictures are so beautiful we are so happy that we ended up choosing them as our wedding photographer. We worked with Laura Napoli, one of the associates. Laura and Jon were so nice and so great to work with. They had great ideas for all of our wedding party shots,... Read More and worked so well with our videographers. It was like one big team even though they worked for separate companies. They also got great shots from our reception, but it didn't feel like they were in the way or blocking any special moment so of the night. Twisted Oaks editing is also so beautiful you will be excited to hang up their final products!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Angela T

I just recently got married this past weekend. Let me tell you, twisted oaks' staff were AMAZING! They met with us countless times before the big day, and ran through all of our questions and planning to ensure the day went smoothly.. and it totally did!! My photographers were... Read More such a pleasure to work with, they were fun, engaging, and super helpful making sure the train on my dress looked perfect in every photo ;) They definitely made my husband and i feel so comfortable throughout the day. We are so so so happy!!!!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Stephanie S

Cecilia was amazing!! She made sure she captured everything and was extremely professional and not intrusive! We had her for engagement photos and the wedding and she was perfect for both! Made us very comfortable!! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Maggie B

Hands down I would use Jay and Sandi 1,000 times again. Jay has an eye that you don't find regularly, its a mix of God given artisty that can't taught and an appetite for his education behind a camera. Professionalism and talent at is finest, if you want photos to keep for a... Read More lifetime that capture your wedding day in a frankly, magical way, I wouldn't look for another photographer. Jay and Sandi felt like friends, but with incredible talent that you we in awe over. We hope to have another event and excuse to use them in the future! I was happy they said YES to photograph for us !! :)

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Jordan Y

I couldn't be happier that we picked Twisted Oaks Studio to photograph our wedding day! Jay and Sandi were so great to work with! They made the day so enjoyable , which my husband really appreciated since he is not a fan of getting his picture taken! Our pictures were beautiful... Read More and we received so many compliments on them!! They perfectly captured every moment of our day! They were also very professional and helpful throughout the whole process . I would highly recommend Twisted Oaks Studio to anyone!!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Jessica S

Jay & Sandi are two of the most talented photographers I've ever seen and have a unique and beautiful way of capturing every moment and every tiny detail. They were our photographers for our engagement and wedding pictures and we could not be happier with the results. These two... Read More are a breath of fresh air and kept us laughing through both sessions. I highly recommend these two to everyone!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Nicole F

I got married in September on a day when the weather channel was calling for a hurricane. Jay and Sandi showed up and brought a calm to my day and were up for the challenge. Not only are they extremely talented, but they are awesome people to be with you on your wedding day.... Read More At one point when something didn't work out because of the weather and I was upset, Jay pulled me aside to show me some of the amazing pictures he captured with the wind blowing like crazy! It immediately improved my mood. Our pictures turned out better than we could of imagined and you can barely tell that there were intense winds and rain. We just got our flash drive and it is the cutest flash drive ever and was the cherry on top of this amazing vendor. You will not regret it!

Jay Cassario

I have a profound love for art, photography, and life. I followed my dreams and created this photography business together with my wife Sandi. We have an adorable son named Luke that is the center of our lives. I'm a sponsored photographer that is also very much involved in the photography industry. I run an educational website for photographers called the Twisted Society, as well as write for the popular photography website SLR Lounge. To learn more about me, here is my bio link on the Twisted Oaks site - http://www.twistedoaksstudio.com/profiles/jay/