Photography for those who love.

I like to keep things natural and organic, and document your beauty in an authentic state. Nothing makes me happier than having fun with my clients, and vice-versa. I shoot candidly, but at times will ask you for your poker face and hip bump to spice things up a bit. I like shooting on film too!

Artistic, Documentary, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

book Tom Balazs now

Reviewed on 8/16/2013 Katherine D

Tom's website is gorgeous, so I booked him to shoot our engagement session this week and he knocked it out of the park. You'll love him, he's a doll - warm, professional, energizing. These photos capture earnest, goofy, loving and lovely moments between my fiance and me. Tom... Read More gave us family treasures. And for a superduper reasonable price. Book him now. But not on August 23rd of 2014, he'll be busy at our wedding!

Best photographers in Northern Michigan by far!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Ashley G

After I got engaged, I started right away looking for a photographer that would fit our needs and likes! It took me awhile but once I came across Tom Balazs Photography, it was a done deal!!! He had exactly what we were looking for! We didn't want a COOKIE CUTTER photographer.... Read More We wanted someone who was going to be creative and unique! I loved his vision and querky eye for the unexpected moments. If you ask me, it was absolute perfection!! I recommend Tom Balazs Photography for any special event! You will be impressed every step of the way with all his creative techniques, lighting and different cameras!

Wouldn't change a thing

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Mandy C

Tom and Liz took our engagement and wedding photos, and we couldn't be happier. Leading up to the wedding, I was a pretty "hands-on" bride, which can mean pain in the butt. However, Tom was always willing to talk, go over ideas, and really work to make sure that I got the photos... Read More I wanted. During the wedding day, the bridal party kept commenting on how much fun the photographer was. He joked around and made taking a ton of photos a fun experience for everyone. We actually got our wedding photos really quickly too. I've heard horror stories about brides spending over 6 months trying to track down their photographers, but Tom actually sent ours over before we expected them. It was so much fun reliving the day, especially since it went by in a blur.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Katherine V

I cannot say enough great things about Tom’s work! I thought I might regret not also having a videographer, but he captured the entire wedding weekend so flawlessly, I don’t miss not having one! The photos are absolutely beautiful and he was so fun to have around! I would... Read More definitely recommend him!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Katie M

From our initial hunt, to our engagement photos, to our wedding, Tom was amazing! I knew he was the best fit for us after we spent an hour talking on the phone about his style and who he is as a photographer. He is so much fun and made us feel so comfortable when we first met... Read More him at our engagement photos. He is quick with responding to emails, texts, etc. on our wedding day, he drove 30 mins in between myself and bridal party getting ready to where my husband and his groomsmen were. He takes GREAT photos and everyone at our wedding kept saying how great he was. We can't wait to see our wedding photos but know they will be amazing! I wouldn't hesitate for a second in recommending Tom! Thank you for everything, Tom!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Jenn D

Tom was great, there is nothing bad to say. He made our special day even more so. He was always polite, timely and very friendly. We loved his creativity, his excitement for photographing our wedding radiated. He fit right in and almost seemed to be a guest. We would hire him... Read More again and again in a heartbeat. Can't wait to see our pictures.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Justin B

Tom is awesome!!! So talented. Very personalized attention. Met with us multiple times before the wedding to discuss settings, timeline, and what we were looking to get out of the wedding. On the wedding day he was prompt, professional, and fun. We love the pics we have... Read More seen so far. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Lindsay G

Can't say enough great things about Tom. He shot both our engagement photos last summer and our wedding in August, and we were over the moon about all of our photos. He captured every detail so elegantly, and even caught a few private moments of ours during the day which are... Read More such beautiful memories to have. He was so easy going and yet so on top of everything. It was pouring rain when he arrived to take pre-ceremony pictures of me and my bridesmaids, and he was such a positive presence and still managed to make our portraits in the church basement look stunning. I only wish we could get married again for more pictures! Thanks, Tom!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jason T

I can not say enough great things about Tom and his work. I am not used to taking photos but Tom was great at making me feel comfortable. My wife and I loved the photos and were so happy with the results

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Ashley T

Tom was absolutely fantastic to work with!! Not only did he capture our wedding day beautifully but made my husband and I so comfortable. I could not be any happier with the photos and am so happy we choose him!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Jeff L

Tom was awesome. Very creative and made the whole process very easy and enjoyable. Would definitely use him next time a photographer is needed.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jill E

Tom was amazing to work with! He worked with you and the types of photos you want and makes them work! His creativeness was wonderful! My husband and I had fun talking with him about different photographic ideas he had. We loved his ideas! After seeing the final photos, I... Read More was amazed. He captured things I didn't know happened or forgot about during the day. I had a huge smile!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Katie M

Tom was amazing! His communication before, during and after the wedding were great. And of course the photos were absolutely stunning. Better than I could have imagined!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Steven H

Excellent experience. Great Pictures. Super friendly, yet still formal. Perfect professionalism while keeping incredible artistry. Only picture he missed was one of my bride, myself and him... because I want that one framed!!

2016-09-29T15:26:07 Response from the vendor

I totally missed a selfie with you guys, mostly because we were having too much fun partying! Maybe I can photoshop myself into another photo of you and the Mrs. ; )

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Steven P

Tom was fun to work with and our pictures came out great. We liked the settings he chose for us and got some great shots. He was responsive to questions and made us feel comfortable throughout the planning and day of activities. If we could do it all over, I wouldn't... Read More hesitate to choose Tom.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Kelsey L

Amazing photographer and a great person to capture our wedding day! He did wonderfully, and we just love our pictures! Thanks so much!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Caroline H

Tom did an amazing job shooting our engagement photos and our May wedding! We loved working with him! He was professional and fun and totally put us at ease. The photos he took are warm and genuine and captured the spirit of our wedding day. He made our family and friends feel... Read More comfortable and everyone commented how much they enjoyed him. Our photos turned out amazing and our guests have continued to comment about how much they love the photos. If you are in the market for a wedding photographer I would highly suggest that you choose Two Twisted Trees!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Joe J

Tom was the photographer for our June wedding at the Grand Traverse Resort and he did an amazing job! We had a beautiful, fun-filled day and Tom was sure to capture all of the best moments of it for us! My wife and I were truly happy with the photos and our family and friends... Read More were blown away by them! We would recommend Tom to anyone we know!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Samantha B

Tom was such a pleasure to work with!! From the time we booked him, to our actual wedding day he made planning from Texas so easy and fun. He has such a positive personality and worked GREAT with our huge wedding party. We LOVE our pictures and cherish the memories he was able... Read More to capture. Thanks for everything Tom!!!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Bryan K

Tom did an amazing job with our engagement photos and the wedding itself. We felt at ease and natural in every shot we took. I'm so glad to have all of the memories captured by such a great guy and artist.

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Molly L

Tom is amazing! It really is as simple as that. My husband and I are pretty laid back, so when we went to plan our destination wedding I just booked off of what I saw online and reviews...they did not disappoint! Our photos for both our engagement and wedding are stunning! Not... Read More only are our photos great, but we both really enjoyed working with Tom. He was so easy going and made the whole night a seamless event. We snuck away a few times throughout the night, but he made the pictures quick so we could get back to the party. Overall, I would recommend Tom to any and all. He is amazing - you will not be disappointed!

Exceptional Quality and Value

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Erin W

I can't recommend Two Twisted Trees Photography enough. Tom was a pleasure to work with from the initial phone call. Right away, he had ideas about how to make the most of our photography, both for the wedding and even the engagement pictures. He scouted locations and gave us... Read More several options. And perhaps most importantly, he made our daughter - who was serving as our flower girl - feel at ease. She can be shy, but he was able to capture her sweet personality. We would highly recommend Tom for anyone looking for creative photography. Tom goes out of his way to make sure that the photos aren't your average wedding photos. He's willing to try different things, but when we didn't like an idea, he offered other suggestions, rather than force us to try something anyway. The best thing about Tom is his exceptional value. You can certainly find other photographers that cost more, but you won't find any that are any better. He could easily charge more - but we're certainly glad that he didn't.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Dan B

If you're looking for a wedding photographer, look no further! Tom has done an amazing job. He has a great eye for the perfect shot, and is willing to take the time to make sure everything is done correctly. We couldn't have been happier with the final outcome of our photos, and... Read More would definitely recommend him to anyone we personally knew looking for a photographer.

LOVE our Engagement Photos

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kierstin J

I LOVE the engagement photos Tom took for my fiancé and me! He went above and beyond to get the best shots of us while capturing the beauty of our surroundings. He was also really good at directing us while still letting us be natural and it shows in the photos. I was worried... Read More because my fiancé and I are 14 inches different in height and it can sometimes look strange in photos. Tom was able get the perfect angles and had us pose in ways that didn't look awkward at all. He also let us go to multiple locations and change multiple times, so we ended up with a variety of photos. I had dozens of beautiful photos to choose from for our save the dates! Thanks, Tom! Can't wait to see you in June to get more get beautiful photos! Kierstin

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Amy g

Tom & Liz are absolute gems to work with. They are great collaborators, photog innovators and expert shooters. From capturing properly styled details to getting the best in the moment shots, these guys have a great eye. A lot of thought is put into their work and it shows.... Read More They're able to reflect a couple through a custom shot list and on the fly new ideas as well as timing things out so the light is on your side. Highly recommended and highly respected - these guys are a blast to work with.