Fine custom stationery for the thoughtfully unique

Based just outside of Washington, D.C., Type A Invitations has a different approach to wedding invitations - we create whatever you want, even if you don't know what that is. That's right, there are no books or pages that you have to flip through to hope you find "it." We know it took long enough to lock down "the one" (you know, your fiancé). So, we believe that no one should have to keep swiping left when it comes to planning their dream day! How do we do that? Our professionally trained team of experts guide you through the entire journey of creating your dream wedding stationery. Head over to our website to find out more!

Signs, Decorations + Accents, Custom Invitations, Coasters, Escort + Place Cards, Guest Books, Menus, Programs, Seating Charts, Table Numbers, Thank You Cards, Paper Goods, Embossing, Letterpress, Printing, Email Save-The-Dates, Save-The-Dates, Shower + Party Invitations, Online Invitations, Wedding Invitations, Invitations + Paper Goods

Washington, DC (443) 506-1584

Excellent!

Reviewed on 5/12/2015

Ashleigh designed our wedding invitations and went above and beyond my expectations. She had visited the reception space and noted little details. She included these details in my invitations! I've always known Ashleigh was talented but I was totally blown away by her attention... Read More to detail and her creativity. I highly recommend her for your next event!

Save the Dates

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Rebecca O

Ashleigh designed my save the dates and I am absolutely obsessed with them. I gave her my vision and she really ran with it and came up with something I couldn't have even imagined. I cannot wait to see what she comes up with for my wedding invitations! Definitely recommend her... Read More for any type of event you need.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kaitlin H

What a great company to use for customized invitations! Ashleigh created not only our wedding invitations, but also our rehearsal dinner invites and our day of wedding signage. We loved having the opportunity to completely customize everything (and not just flip through huge... Read More binders of invitations). Ashleigh went above and beyond finding a perfect match for our wedding colors and put together a beautiful design from the somewhat fuzzy ideas in my head. Ashleigh made multiple trips to my house to showcase designs, confirm paper colors, and ultimately deliver each separate product. We could not have asked for a better company to work with. Thank you Ashleigh for your attention to detail and your creativity.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Kelly M

Ashleigh was absolutely amazing through this whole wedding planning process. We first met Ashleigh at a bridal event at the Fairmont in DC and decided to reach out to her after checking out her website and falling in love with some of her designs. Ashleigh drove out to Baltimore... Read More to meet us at a coffee shop and brought a large selection of options for us to choose from. She was quick to turnaround proofs and helped us plan out an organized schedule for finalizing verbiage, printing invitations, and delivering them. We originally planned to work with her on our programs and invitation set only (invite, RSVP card), but we ended up needing her for much more! Not only was she extremely flexible with phone calls and meeting in person, she has great industry experience and is very creative. We were able to get beautiful custom invitations that we got nothing but compliments on. Our invitations and programs came out so well that we ended up using her for all of our wedding day signage as well. Leading up to our wedding week, Ashleigh went out of her way to deliver all of our add-on signage to our apartment before the wedding and was definitely the easiest vendor we worked with in this process. We highly recommend her and love her work!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Koryn R

We stumbled upon Ashleigh after we were extremely unhappy with our first wedding invitation designer and it was the best vendor flop because it brought us to Type A Invitations. We came to Ashleigh in a panic and with just a basic color scheme she came up with the most beautiful... Read More and original design after asking us a few questions for inspiration. The invitations, thank you cards and day-of stationary she created for our wedding were special, unique and memorable. She beyond delivered on a shorter than normal timeline! Ashleigh is incredibly talented, creative and responsive and a pleasure to work with. She even found a vendor to print one of our larger items close to our wedding venue so we wouldn’t have to mail or carry the sign on the plane. We couldn’t recommend her more!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Jessica B

We loved working with Ashleigh! We had looked at a few invitations designers that all seemed to have the same designs and not allow any room for what seemed to be even minor color changes. Meeting with Ashleigh, it was a completely different story. She started not by flipping... Read More through a big book of options (like the others), but by asking my fiance and I about ourselves and interests. The conversation was collaborative from the very beginning. I started with just general concepts in my head, and Ashleigh turned them into the most beautiful original images I had seen. There's something really incredible about knowing that nobody else has ever used that specific design for an invitation before. Working with Ashleigh on the original design also allowed us to carry over a theme to everything else--the programs, menus, table numbers, escort cards...it created a very cohesive look for the entire wedding. Ashleigh involved us every step of the way, to the extent that we wanted to be involved. We would meet at coffee shops, work on her computer together, and she even hand-delivered invites to our apartment--a location that was very much out of her way. I really feel like we got not just invitations, but a friend. She was professional, artistic, and responsive. Working with Ashleigh was one of the best wedding decisions we made during the planning process and I highly recommend her to any couple in the DC area!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Helene G

Great personalized service. I had a very tight timeline and Ashleigh went out of her way to make sure that everything got done with super high quality on time. We also didn't have a very fixed idea about what wanted our program to look like and she was very helpful in quickly... Read More narrowing done options and getting us to a design that we loved. She was extremely flexible and patient throughout.

Ashleigh Robinson

Ashleigh is an award winning artist and graphic designer based out of Washington, D.C. Ashleigh attended Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) and the Corcoran College of Art + Design from which she graduated with honors. Her work has been displayed in the Corcoran Gallery of Art and the Annapolis Courthouse. Additionally, she was honored to have her artwork revealed at a ceremony by former Governor Martin O'Malley. Ashleigh is also a Bookmaker's International Award for Excellence in Book Arts winner.