UCI University Club

(25)

Irvine, CA

Capacity: Up to 250 | WEBSITE | PHONE

The University Club offers an exclusive setting for intimate indoor and outdoor ceremonies, receptions and rehearsal dinners. Park views, glass walls and high ceilings with skylights create a spacious atmosphere. The Club is a full-service catering facility specializing in decorative buffet tables, food stations, and a variety of lunch and dinner menus tailored to your event. Please contact our onsite wedding coordinator for more information...

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall

801 East Peltason Dr., Irvine, CA

Wonderful venue

5/04/2014 Cheryl T

The wedding coordinator Cindy, is the best ever. So on it in every way, she's been doing this for a lonnng time. She knows all those little details that one would have never imagined. The venue itself is so convenient. Parking is right there, gorgeous lawn and gazebo for the ceremony right below the reception area. Great bar and bar tender, they pleased all the guests. Very good location for the photo booth in the front foyer. Everyone complimented the food. We did the buffet style, chicken madera and beef london broil. Very reasonable price for the venue compared to others we researched for 157 guests. All and all great!!!!! Couldn't have gone better. Also really good vendor options from Cindy (the DJ and the photobooth)

The Most Memorable Day of My Life

9/21/2013 Jim G

This is a long overdue review of the outstanding services provided to us by Cindy Lee and her amazing staff at the UCI University Club. I originally found the University Club through some very positive reviews on yelp, but the pictures online did not do justice to this elegant and intimate venue. My (now) wife and I met with Cindy, a person who brings new meaning to the words enthusiasm, kindness and professionalism, and she took her time walking us through the ins and outs of the University Club as a venue. We knew almost immediately that we wanted to have our wedding there, and once we committed Cindy became an invaluable ally, making the planning and coordination of our wedding a thoroughly human and manageable experience. I took on the major responsibilities of organizing our wedding, and Cindy walked me through each step, asking excellent questions, making sure I was on track, and providing me with a great list of affordable vendors who helped to make our wedding day the most memorable of my life. The day of our wedding was so beautiful. Cindy and her staff took care of everything. The food was very good, the event felt intimate and joyous, and Cindy made sure that all of our needs were met. I received so many compliments from our guests about Cindy and her staff. Cindy became more than just our wedding planner; she became a valued friend throughout this process. I'm grateful to her and her staff for all that they did for us and would recommend this place to anyone wanting an affordable and beautiful wedding. Months after the fact, I still think about that day and have received dozens of compliments from friends and family who attended our wedding. Most have been something on the order of, "That was the best wedding I have ever been to in my life." I highly recommend the services of Cindy Lee and her staff at the UCI University Club. Your decision to book your wedding here will be the smartest move you make as you prepare for your wedding day. They made everything so easy and VERY affordable to those who are working on a budget. I hope your wedding day is as special as ours was. Thank you again, Cindy. You made this the best day of our lives.

As good as it gets!

10/06/2013 Melissa H

Planning a wedding without the assistance of a wedding planner can get a little hectic and stressful at times, as many of you brides to be will know. This is why when we first met Cindy at the University Club, we knew this was the venue for us. She was very knowledgable in all things wedding related. She is also very personable and friendly. She gave us examples/pros and cons for every option and let us decide what will work best for our wedding. She patiently answered our countless questions and went along with changes so easily. She was there on the day of the wedding to ensure everything went smoothly. All her vendor recommendations were terrific. We could not ask for more- Cindy went completely above and beyond. The prices are very competitive and you will not be disappointed if you decide to hold your wedding here.

A beautiful memory!

8/16/2014 Tiffany P

I don't know what craziness lead me to wait so long to write this review. I got married here in August 2014 and loved the experience. Love, love love. Here's why: CINDY: Definitely the number 1 reason. She, the coordinator, is included in the price of the event, and she's SO much more than a day-of-coordinator. I met with her at the site 3 or 4 times and corresponded numerous times by email. She was incredibly on top of details and organization, and she did it all with a fantastic bubbly energy. She was never overbearing but rather very receptive to our preferences and needs. I'm definitely a detail-oriented person, so I was profoundly happy to have someone like her manage everything for our wedding. On the day of our wedding, she did an incredible job of making sure everything stuck to schedule, and she put out lots of little fires (probably even more than I know about, since I think she did her best to avoid stressing me out!). I truly can't imagine how I could have done it without her. VALUE: Of course you should shop around and see what works for you, but the UCI University Club was one of the 2-3 most inexpensive packages I found (I was looking for a venue with catering and rentals included). FOOD: They created a menu just for us, and now it's on the website as a preset package! Look for the Asian buffet :D It was really nice to see their flexibility in making a menu that suited our tastes. We got to do a tasting beforehand; we did have to pay the lunch entree price that was determined for our dishes, but we got a 25% discount, so it was fine. The food was very good for the price; people especially loved how tender and flavorful the beef was. SETTING: Just beautiful. I have a love of trees and twinkly lights, and this spot has PLENTY of those gorgeous things. The gazebo is such a nice setting. Lots of great spots to take photos. I also loved the drapery in the ceiling of the reception room - included in the price, not $1000 extra like I encountered at another venue! The pictures speak for themselves. Parking is also free, which is great. If you think this spot might fit your vision for your wedding, GO CHECK IT OUT. Cindy and her staff made the whole experience amazing!

The complete package!

7/12/2014 Lindsey M

The University Club has one thing you won't find anywhere else - they have Cindy! She is the most awesome, and amazing wedding planner-type person you will find. And she is included in the cost of booking this venue. I can't say enough about how helpful and instrumental Cindy was in having things go so smoothly. Her years of experience in this business were so evident. Her enthusiasm and energy are incomparable and made things so much fun! The time spent willing to work with me to tweak the menu was so appreciated. We did the buffet to accommodate as many guest food preferences as possible. The guests all remarked how light and fresh the food was - not heavy and weighed down with sauces. Even the steamed vegetables were perfectly cooked and fresh. It was all a big hit! Her advice as to how many hors d'oeuvre trays were needed was spot on - people felt the food "just kept coming." Exactly what I wanted the guests to feel - that they were being well taken care of. (You know Italians and food - the more food, the more love!) It felt as if, though impossible, she was in a million places at once, checking on things, and following up. As the wedding ended, Cindy came to us to let us know that she had packed up the things we'd brought so we could exit more quickly at the end of a tiring, but lovely evening. Cheerful, pleasant, fun and efficient - she's a bride's (or mother of the bride's) best friend. You won't be disappointed!

Best Wedding Ever!

11/09/2013 Claire b

Our wedding was on November 9th, 2013. We had our reception here. We took pictures out by the gazebo, in the beautiful garden area, cocktail hour in the library, and dinner in the dining room. We had close to 160 guests and it was the perfect fit! Our guest raved about the location. What I love about University Club: -Doesn't feel closed in (huge windows in dining area) -Working with Cindy is awesome, she is so helpful and knowledgeable, she was never pushy, made us feel comfortable -Great outside space -All inclusive (except for chair, cake, flowers) -Private parking lot (no valet, etc.) -Versatile space -Great prices for what you get! -Food was awesome! I will recommend this place to all of my friends. As a lifelong resident of Newport Beach, we searched all around, and this venue blows the others out of the water, perfect fit for us!

best wedding ever

6/30/2013 Jorge D

Many people left our wedding saying it was the best ever! This was in part due to having a great venue and a great coordinator included (Cindy Lee) to match it. The location is nice for the summer (breezy and with plenty of trees), and the external vegetation as well as the internal built in decoration helps you save on decoration costs. Food was great! We did multiple tastings and we were treated well. Most of all, you need a coordinator! And you got the best one here included with the rent. Cindy Lee stays on top of things, pays attention to details and makes your life easier from the beginning by having a list of good vendors.

Perfect venue!

10/12/2012 Tara H

My husband and I met at UCI and so it was only fitting that we marry at the University Club at UCI. We also had a tight budget for our wedding, but wanted to invite all of our friends and family. The University Club allowed us to have a good sized wedding (120 guests) for an affordable price. The food was amazing, the service was great and the location was beautiful. Everyone loved the ceremony in the gazebo outside and the reception hall inside had floor to ceiling windows looking out to ring road and Aldrich park. Twinkle lights were strung from the ceiling and were around the trees in the park outside of the venue, which gave the location a nice touch. Everything was so beautiful! We got many compliments on the venue! The price also included the services of the venue's wedding coordinator, Cindy Lee. She was amazing!! I cannot say enough good things about her. She is very organized and was really helpful in making arrangements, even giving me a list of things that I could check off to help keep me organized. She was able to accommodate the fact that I was planning my wedding from far away (we live in northern California). Cindy was also very flexible with details changing (guest count, timeline, etc). I also have to give her props for putting up with our silliness, as my family are prone to making jokes and getting off topic as she was running through the schedule! :) Cindy was instrumental in making my wedding an amazing day!

A wedding dream come true! (At an affordable price!)

9/08/2012 Kelly S

We had our wedding at the beautiful UCI University club in early September and I can honestly say it turned out to be an absolute dream come true, thanks in large part to Cindy (the venue coordinator) and the amazing staff. We had our ceremony outside at the gazebo and the reception inside in the main dining room. The outdoor ceremony site is so gorgeous with the white gazebo surrounded by several breathtaking trees. The ceremony ended just as the sun was setting, and the twinkling lights that are strung on the trees made for an absolutely picture perfect setting. For the reception, we chose to have a dinner buffet (with a prime rib upgrade) and we received soooo many compliments from our guests on the food! I know many of them went back for seconds and thirds which made me very happy! And now on to the main reason why our wedding turned out to be so perfect... Cindy and the staff!!! Cindy is hands-down the most amazing wedding coordinator... ever! She was such a wonderful help throughout the entire wedding planning process. I must have called & emailed her at least 50 times before the actual wedding and she was always so thorough and supportive in answering all my questions. She is so organized and will sit down with you for about 3 hours one month before the wedding to help you create your day-of timeline and to smooth out all of the last minute details. She is so bubbly and friendly and a true pleasure to work with, not to mention an excellent resource for vendor referrals! And her staff at the UClub is so awesome as well! So incredibly NICE and professional. They made my husband and me feel like royalty on our wedding day. I can't express enough how highly I recommend UCI University Club for you wedding!

Beautiful venue, Great wedding coordinator!

8/25/2012 Michelle L

I was very impressed with my wedding coordinator, Cindy, who is also a venue coordinator! She did such a fantastic job on the day of wedding. Everything went very smoothly. During planning of wedding, we had few meetings with Cindy, which she helped with itinerary for wedding day, what to bring at the rehearsal, and anything we needed but didn't think of. She was awesome in answering any questions. I loved my wedding venue and everyone else was also very helpful (servers, bartenders) It is also reasonable price! LOVE LOVE LOVE it and I highly recommend this venue!

Wedding loaction

8/11/2012 Celia E

Great Location!! I had my wedding in August and this location was perfect. I was scared because the weather was hot that day but because of all the trees it gave the reception a nice breeze. The place was beautiful!!! Cindy the weding coordinator was awsome. She was very helpful with the planning and really did a great job the day of especially with the Mariachi being 2 hrs late!!! Overall I highly recommend UCI University Club

Turned Out Perfect

1/21/2012 Christina H

I had my wedding at the University Club in January 2012 and everything turned out perfectly. Cindy, the coordinator, is kind of hyper and talks really fast, but she gets the job done. Rain was forecast for my wedding day and she let me decide last minute whether or not to move it inside. Fortunately, a couple hours before the wedding, the clouds parted and the sun came out! This venue is more than I could ask for for the more than reasonable price. I would recommend it to anyone who wants the ceremony and reception in the same place and is on a budget.

GREAT!

11/12/2011 Elaine K

My Husband & I were very happy with the University Club. The venue was big and spacious. The outdoor view is very pretty and has that romantic feel to it. The food was great! Our Coordinator Cindy was great to work with. She did an amazing job!

Great venue

8/20/2011 Kathy B

The best decision we made was to have our wedding at the University club. Cindy Lee, the wedding coordinator, was amazing, she gave us great vendor referrals, helped us along the way and on our day, made sure everything ran smoothly. The price is reasonable, the food was so good, everyone commented how much they liked the food. The setting is beautiful, everything we wanted in a venue. Do not hesitate to book your wedding here, you will not regret it.

an absolutely beautiful wedding venue!!

7/09/2011 Julia T

Our reception at the UCI University Club was perfect! We had the ceremony at a nearby chapel, and had the reception here. We had nearly 300 guests so we opted to have the cocktail hour inside and the dinner outside on the lawn. Let me tell you, the outdoor reception was absolutely beautiful!!!! Throughout the planning and during the event, the UCI planner - Cindy Lee, was awesome! She gave us so much good advice and catered to our every need. Isaac was also fantastic as he organized everything the day of! The food was really delicious too! We had several compliments on how good the food was! The service was top notch, the decorations were beautiful, and we couldn't have had a better reception!!

EXCELLENT!!!

6/25/2011 Krista S

I had a great experience here at the UCI Univ Club, from the food to the wedding coordinator Cindy. Coming from someone on a budget, Cindy really worked with me and even gave me a list of vendors to narrow down my search. My wedding was simple but elegant, and I really enjoyed my experience with them. Thanks so much for all you do!! I would definately recommend them to any of my friends who are getting married!

Fantastic Venue

5/01/2011 Alexis S

This venue and it's staff were perfect!!! We got married a month ago and everyone is still raving about the beautiful venue and delicious food. We would highly recommend Cindy Lee-Catering Manager for UCI University Club and her staff and venue to anyone! They are AMAZING!

University Club was Awesome!

4/30/2011 Emily J

I would recommend the UCI Club to anyone looking for a great combination of quality and value. I was on a definite budget for my wedding, but Cindy the event coordinator at the UClub helped me stretch my dollars as far as possible with vendor recommendations and the venue itself was gorgeous on the day. My guests LOVED it and it looked like way more $$$ was spent. The best things about it were that it was totally private (no other weddings going on) and the staff handled everything impeccably. Thanks Cindy!

Cindy is Great!

3/27/2011 Regina L

I am in my planning phase of my wedding which will be March 27, 2011. Cindy has helped me so much! The facility allows you to have your vision and use the vendors that you want to use. There are so many options, and what I liked was that the UCI Club has a blank canvas, you can plan and decorate the way you want to.

Everything we dreamed of!

5/30/2010 Laura M

This venue was perfect for our wedding. We fell in love with the gazebo and that was one of the key factors we chose it for. Cindy, the wedding coordinator is amazing and incredibly helpful. The service is excellent and everyone loved the food!

One of a kind, fabulous venue...

4/10/2010 Michelle D

I got married in April, and UCI was the perfect location for my future husband and I! In Orange County, it is tough to have a "budget wedding" without opting for a "budget location", but UCI enabled us to have both -- a budget wedding at a non-budget location. The inside of UCI is GORGEOUS and definitely has a Yale Club feel to it. It has a separate room for the cocktail hour and huge ballroom for the reception. Not only that, but the outside is beautiful with its picturesque gazeebo. And he food... THE FOOD! All of our guests raved about it, and they especially liked the cocktail hour appetizers. As for coordinators, Cindy is seriously a gift from above. She is the most calming, wonderful wedding coordinator that you could ever possibly dream up! She did anything and everything to make our special day memorable and easy, and everything turned out beautifully. She will give you ladies recommendations for vendors, advice on wedding details if you ask, and treat you like you are a top priority. Do I highly recommend UCI? ABSOLUTELY!!!

8/16/2008 Sarah A

Great price!! Floor to ceiling windows on three walls. Separate room for cocktail hour. Outdoor ceremony site. Ample parking.

Rating for University Club at University of California, Irvine

6/14/2008 Baylee G

3/24/2007 Melissa G

Large floor to ceiling windows with a view of the park, vaulted ceiling Great food for a low price The banquet manager/wedding coordinator handled everything on the day of the wedding so we had no worries.

9/17/2006 Alejandra C

I enjoyed that the reception room was lined with windows instead of walls. That made it feel larger and not closed in. There was also a library where we had the bar located, which was nice because some family was not comfortable having alcohol at the wedding. The gazebo was beautiful.;Make sure to check if any construction is going on and if there is, if any is happening the day of your event.

Send Email