The Cure For The Uncommon Bride

Unbridaled has creative, modern, sophisticated, stylish and destination bridal and bridesmaids fashions that are as unique as the girl wearing them. From simple, elegant gowns to couture details to short and sassy dresses we offer an eclectic assortment of fashion-forward formal wear.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Bridal Stylists, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

701 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX (512) 444-2743

Amazing

Reviewed on 1/28/2015 Kelly S

I cannot say enough positive things about my experience at Unbridaled. I went to all the Austin bridal stores 2 weekends, just knowing I wasn't going to find anything I liked and would have to go to Dallas. Unbridalded was my first stop, second weekend, I told them exactly what... Read More I didn't want and we pulled lots of dresses. Then Lindsey grabbed a dress for me (which was exactly what I THOUGHT I didn't want) and brought it in the room. The moment I put it on, I knew...I didn't want to take it off! I couldn't believe it! Did I mention Lindsey made me feel so comfortable and beautiful in everything, her customer service is top notch! Whenever my dress came in I went in to try it on and Kelsey helped me. She was amazing too! She let me keep my dress on as long as I want and was so helpful in looking at accessorizes for my bridesmaids. The customer service at Unbridaled is unlike anywhere else I had been, they are incredible. Every single girl that works there! They really made this experience special for me! Thank you Lindsey and Kelsey, you guys are the best!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 rebecca f

I had a really amazing experience here. I used to work in a bridal salon and had very high expectations. Eileen (my consultant and new favorite person) and the girls at the shop met every single one of them. They helped me find a dress that I'm so in love with, and they kept me... Read More laughing and excited along the way. If you want a low stress shopping experience and to leave with an amazing dress, you should absolutely go to Unbridaled (and ask for Eileen!)

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 5/19/2014 Emily S

They girls here are so sweet. They remembered me every time I came in. The girl who owns it nailed my size without even measuring me. I didn't feel pressured at all. I'm not an average size (not quite plus size, not quite regular) and I felt completely comfortable the whole... Read More time.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Alexandra D

The girls of unbridaled are amazing! I was in a jam the day before my wedding after driving in from Houston and my dress get very wrinkled in the car. They told me just bring it in and steamed the whole thing to perfection for me. They could not have been any nicer and really... Read More saved me in a bind!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Alyssa F

Overall I think I tried on 50+ dresses at around 7 different bridal boutiques in Austin, and lucky #40ish was from Unbridaled - THE. ONE. The dress was beautiful, classic and unique which is just what I was looking for! The ladies there are very helpful and... Read More ordering/delivery/steaming was very easy with them. The only pitfall happened when the dress came in. There was an option to send the length measurements to the designer making the dress, which sounded like the best option since there were larger appliques on the sheer part along the bottom of my dress that would be hard/expensive to move if the standard dress length came out to be too long once they made it. I opted to do this in an effort to only have to have it taken in by the zipper, not in length, so while ordering at the store they had me try on the dress with the heel size I wanted (I grabbed a Nina heel that they had in the store which was a 3-3.5"). With this in mind, I found the perfect 3" heels to go with my dress. Unfortunately when the dress came in it was too short to wear with those heels and that shoe did not come in a shorter heel. Though it was likely more comfortable wearing a 2" heel for my wedding day, it wasn't what I pictured to wear and I had to search everywhere for a bridal shoe in 2" that fit my style and dress.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Elizabeth N

Unbridaled was essential to my wedding! I went in not expecting to find anything and found the dress of my dreams! Their dresses are so unique and interesting from great designers. I loved my dress so much, and they were very accommodating with my compressed timeline! Couldn't... Read More recommend enough!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Amanda W

Unbridaled was the first appointment I made to try on wedding dresses and it ended up being my last! At the time, I was living on South Lamar and would always see the store when I drove by and want to go in. Luckily when I got engaged I finally had an excuse! I brought along my... Read More mom, sister, two aunts, grandmother, and best friend/MOH. I honestly was not expecting (or really wanting) to have a huge crowd but they all came in town so they all came along! Lindsey was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the whole process. She was so sweet and just made the whole experience that much better. The selection at Unbridaled is so unique. They have so many different types of dresses all along the spectrum of super traditional to super funky. I wanted something a little bit more traditional but with an edge, and I definitely found that in the gorgeous Ivy & Aster Sophie gown. For my alterations, they gave me a list of their preferred vendors and I went with Lupe. Boy, is she an interesting lady! She did a great job. My bridesmaids also got their Jenny Yoo bridesmaids dresses at Unbridaled, and since not all were local, they made it so easy for them all to order their dresses based on their measurements. Unbridaled has an amazing selection of dresses, but even more importantly have impeccable customer service. Thank you, Lindsey!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Hannah K

Unbridaled was the first place I went to to try on dresses. Found so many I loved but felt like I had to see what else was out there. Went to at least 5 other places and found things I liked, but nothing that was totally me. I just thought I wouldn't have the "YES" moment and... Read More instead would gradually fall in love with a dress. I went back to Unbridaled and was debating between two Claire Pettibone dresses. The person helping me asked if I had tried on the Cheyenne gown by Claire Pettibone. I hadn't, so she brought it to me and the rest is history. Fell in love then and there and felt like a queen on my wedding day. All their dresses are unique and modern and beautiful. Definitely recommend trying Unbridaled.

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Libby L

Unbridaled is AWESOME! I can't say enough great things about my experience there. I was extremely nervous about the whole process, since 1) my parents were out of state for an extended period of time, and would not be able to go dress shopping with me, so, I had to go alone and... Read More 2) I had previously purchased a dress online and it did NOT work, so I was back to the drawing board and clueless about what I wanted. Budget was also a factor but I didn't want to buy a cheap, average wedding dress. I wanted an atypical wedding dress but because I am a size 14-16, I was worried nothing would fit or look good on me. But I was so wrong! Eileen, the bridal consultant assisting me, was SO helpful and sweet and found me the most perfect, simple and gorgeous yet extremely affordable lace dress ON THE FIRST TRY! I tried on a few more just to be sure, but the first dress was The One. She also picked out a beautiful sash to go with the dress. I think she could sense that I was apprehensive about going through the whole experience as well as having to shop alone, and she really helped me relax and get excited about it all. The store was very nice and never loud or crowded like a lot of other bridal boutiques (I think I was the only one in the store almost the whole time at my first appointment). Lastly, I just wanted to speak to the previous comment below regarding the store not having sizes over 4- that was not the case when I went. As I said above, I am a size 14-16 and my biggest fear going in was coming out feeling fat and unpretty.... but actually the complete opposite happened. I felt slender and yet still very comfortable, and for once had zero insecurity about how I looked in a dress. Incredibly gorgeous, yet very affordable gowns, I highly recommend making this your first stop.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Heather and Kai W

To be honest, finding the right dress was one of the most scary and unfamiliar parts of planning for me. I didn't think the 'ahhah' moment that people talk about was a real thing. I've never watched those say yes to the dress episodes and knew nothing about what to expect of... Read More the process. Thank you, Unbridaled, for being my first and last appointment for this portion of our planning! It was almost too easy to find the perfect dress thanks to the personal attention I received and the honest advice that the staff here provided for me. To make a long story short, I called all of my other bridal appointments and canceled them, I had found the one that was for me and it took less than an hour thanks to their selection and expertise. Not only did Unbridaled help me find the perfect dress at half of my budget, they were very accurate in telling me the adjustments that I would likely want to have made and were knowledgeable enough to take what those alterations would likely cost into consideration with my budget! The dress that I chose was the third one that I tried on in my first bridal dress appointment ever and I am still completely at ease and pleased about my decision. The dress was perfect, I felt good in it, and they did an exceptional job helping me to pick it out. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Alexa J C

I purchased my wedding gown today at Unbridaled. It was the first boutique I went to and I was so pleasantly surprised. I was warmly welcomed, made to feel incredibly comfortable, and helped along every step of the way. I was not on any type of time constraint, and they never... Read More acted like they were ready to push me out the door. They were sensitive to my needs/desires and not pushy at all. 10/10 recommend. I was more than happy to drop a few thousand dollars into the hands of this business.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Meghan B

I've helped many of my girlfriends look for the perfect dress as they planned their weddings, so when it came to booking appointments for dress shopping I knew exactly where I wanted to go. Unbridaled was meant to be my first stop, but it turned out to be my only stop! The... Read More ladies who run this shop are not only passionate and knowledgeable about the brands they carry, but also excellent about giving advice and guiding you through the process. Even though the first dress I tried on ended up being "the one," but they encouraged me to try on other fits and styles. In addition to having plenty of styles and price points to choose from, they keep their sample dresses in excellent condition. I probably tried on 25 dresses and you could tell that they were all extremely well cared for. I was also impressed at the variety of veils and accessories. I ended up walking away with my entire wedding day look that afternoon! My mom and I truly enjoyed this once in a lifetime moment and highly recommend this shop.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Jill E

Now that we have purchased a dress (somewhere else) and have been to several other bridal shops, I have come back to review Unbridaled. This is a very large store (compared to other highly rated shops in Austin) with a lot of dresses, but we left the shop not impressed. There... Read More was basically no privacy while trying on the dresses. (I am the Mother of the Bride) There is a large area where all the Brides are trying on dresses. Although each bride has their own curtained area, there is no privacy with seeing the Bride in the dress and talking about the dress, etc. This really lessened the experience for us. I don't think the young lady helping us was very experienced in the bridal industry either. Just an observation now that we have experienced several other bridal shops. I would recommend looking first at other shops, especially if you are looking for a special bridal boutique experience.

2016-11-25T10:34:56 Response from the vendor

Hey there, I am sorry to hear that your experience here was less than perfect at our store! It is true that we have a community fitting room an experience that many of our brides enjoy but I understand is not for everyone. We should... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Katie C

My whole experience with Unbridaled was amazing! This was my first bridal appointment and I ended up purchasing the very first dress I pulled off the rack. I felt so at ease and calm through the entire process, and I got SO MANY compliments on my gown at the wedding! Absolutely,... Read More 100% the very best place to buy your wedding dress in Austin.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rachel N

We had the best experience working with the staff at Unbridaled! They were amazing and made the search for a gown so much fun! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Lindsey B

Unbridaled really was one of my favorite parts of my wedding experience! Eileen! Eileen! Eileen! That's all I have to say, she is amazing. She is very helpful through out the process and makes you feel nothing but comfortable! Thank you so much to the girls at Unbridaled and... Read More specifically Eileen for making my dress buying process as breezy as possible.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Jada R

I will preface this review by saying the shop is gorgeous and everyone that works there was super sweet and nice, but if you are over a size 4, do NOT go here. This was my very first dress appointment, and I couldn't have been more discouraged walking out of there. The... Read More selection is small, as it is a boutique, so don't walk in expecting a warehouse of dresses. Originally that was the appeal to me, however after choosing 5-6 dresses in my price range with the help of a very sweet sales assistant, I had a horrific time trying them on. I am a size 6 with C-cup breasts - so, an average size person. I couldn't zip up any of the dresses i tried on. I wish the sales gal hadn't been so insistent on trying to squeeze me into these dresses and force up zippers. Not only could I not get a sense for how the dress would fit, but i walked out of there in tears feeling so incredibly self conscious and fat. The issue, said the sales girl, is that the bridal designers send only one sample size, so that size doesn't fit everyone. That makes sense, but how on earth could their sample size not fit an average girl? I'm not overweight! But now I feel fat as hell. I've been assured by my friends who have tried on dresses that most reputable stores carry larger sizes that they then clamp so you can get a sense of how it will fit when its altered. But not unbridaled. If you're a size 2-4 then you'll likely love this place as they have a great selection. But I don't want anyone else to walk out of here feeling the way i felt: fat and disgusting.

2016-09-17T12:06:22 Response from the vendor

I am so confused by this review and it definitely saddens me! Most of our samples are 10,12,and 14's so I am wondering if maybe you have confused us for another store? Being a size 10/12 myself I try on most of the dresses when... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Rebecca F

Every single dress I tried on here was beyond beautiful. I worked with Eileen, who made the process not only fun, but almost effortless on my part.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Erin B

I had the best experience picking out my dress! Lindsey was a huge help and made me feel so at ease the first time I went in to start the process and she was right there when I picked 'the one' If you're looking for a low-key bridal salon with interesting dresses that aren't... Read More the norm- Unbridaled is the place for you.

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Katie R

Unbridaled was the first bridal salon that I've ever gone to. Because of this I was so nervous! However, the consultant that I worked with, Lauren, was wonderful. She was inviting and encouraging. She had a good eye for my style preferences and was helpful when discussing... Read More different dresses. I didn't but a dress this visit as I was mostly just trying to figure out my style preferences. However, I will definitely be returning!

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Jenny P

Very welcoming and knowledgeable staff, didn't feel pressured like I did at other places to buy a dress. They genuinely were passionate about helping find the perfect dress. They also have a great selection. Kelsey (and actually everyone) was soo nice and helpful. What a... Read More great experience!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Heidi B

I tried about 40 dresses on at various bridal shops, vintage stores, even Lucy in Disguise. Kelsey helped me out - she was patient and excited to find the right dress, even though at that point I was expecting to find "good enough." We were both surprised when she found a gown... Read More that felt like a dream and made me burst into tears; it must have been my 11th dress to try on just at Unbridaled. Dress delivery date was accurate, transaction was smooth, I was unbelievably impressed. 1/2 the price I expected to spend too. GO HERE. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Emily H

This was my first stop on my dress hunt. Mallory was my sale woman, and she was amazing. She made me feel very comfortable, and made it fun. She helped me find an amazing dress. I highly recommend Unbridaled.

Austin's Best!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Nicole H

Kelsey, the Owner, is the brainchild of Unbridaled, Austin, Texas' very best bridal shop. She hand selects her inventory and is well versed on styles vs figures. Kelsey and her team helped me choose a Tara LaTour gown. She's known for her fashion forward, wearable handmade... Read More gowns with a romantic vision. Made in the USA and custom fit, with only length alterations. We complimented my gown with a unique veil and earrings. I'm in LOVE. Take note, ladies, you won't be disappointed for the most important day in your LIFE and Unbridaled is your go-to. xoxoxo

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Ryan M

Unbridaled offers beautiful, unique dresses that fit every budget...but what I really want to highlight is the unparalleled service and experience a bride-to-be has when shopping here. I had a tricky experience with buying wedding dress somewhere else that turned out to not... Read More be the one. Enter Unbridaled to the rescue! Not only were they supportive and validating that it happens and it didn't make me a spoiled bridezilla, but they also helped me find options that wouldn't break my bank any further, but that felt like they would be the one. Dealing with Unbridaled throughout the whole shopping/buying/picking up process was easy and I was met with warmth and enthusiasm the whole way. I felt like they actually cared about me as a unique bride, despite knowing they see brides all day every day. This salon is a must for any bride looking for good service and amazing dresses. Unbridaled is keeping Austin weird, and keeping brides happy!