Union Station Grand Ballroom

Northampton, MA

Book Your Wedding with Union Station Grand Ballroom

A BALLROOM IN NORTHAMPTON, MA

Hosting just one wedding at a time, the Union Station Grand Ballroom in Northampton, Massachusetts, gives undivided attention to each couple that chooses to use their venue for a reception. The bride and groom are paired with a wedding coordinator, who assists with every detail of planning the event, including working with any outside vendors you choose to do business with. Photographers love the 100-year-old building, which provides a unique backdrop to first-look photographs.

The Grand Ballroom. With 20-foot high ceilings and a mantled fireplace that is well-suited for evenings, guests are sure to be impressed. There's 2,800 square feet of space to make use of, which comfortably holds approximately 160 friends and family members for a reception that won't soon be forgotten. The room also features a built-in dance floor that measures 16 feet by 18.5 feet.

The Lounge. This space is used for intimate get-togethers, as well as a spot for guests to break away and mingle. It seats between 25 and 50 guests at any given time.

There are three wedding packages available at the Union Station Grand Ballroom. Whether you select the silver, gold or platinum, you get the use of the facilities 60-inch round tables that seat eight, floor-length linens that come in either white or ivory and napkins in a color that matches your theme. Also included in each package are fresh floral displays for using as centerpieces on the tables, a champagne toast to the bride and groom and a three-course plated dinner.

The Union Station Grand Ballroom has a professional catering staff that is second to none. Couples and four other members in their family are welcome to organize a food tasting. A few hors d'oeuvres you may sample include assorted petite quiche, coconut shrimp with mango salsa and chicken tenders with a honey chipotle sauce. There are plenty of entrees to pick from, like braised beef short ribs, blackened chicken and saffron poached salmon. The banquet chefs put fruit, vegetable and cheese trays in the lounge in the event that guests want to break away from the crowd. If you require a vegetarian menu, one can be provided.

One of the biggest extra perks at this facility is the bridal party hospitality suite. The room itself is spacious and the caterers stock it with a fruit and cheese tray and plenty of non-alcoholic beverages. Ladies can freshen up, take a few minutes to chat or simply snack before the first dance starts. Another perk is the Tunnel Bar, which actually connects to the historic train station. Once the reception is over, those who wish to continue celebrating need only walk through the tunnel. Other amenities include:

• Private parking lot
  • Valet parking for a fee
  • Handicap accessible
  • Liability insurance

Union Station Grand Ballroom

Located in Downtown Northampton's Century-old Train Station. We've renovated the area's newest and most elegant banquet facility... but our building has been here for over 100 years. Host your event in beautiful downtown Northampton and be a part of all the action in town. Perfect for all events!

Ballroom, Historic Venue

125 Pleasant Street, Northampton, MA (413) 341-3161

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Dailín D

Corey and the staff at Union Station were amazing!! I really can't say enough good things about my experience. 4 days before my wedding my worst nightmare happened, I was told I could not have a tent at my outdoor ceremony cite and there was a high chance of rain. Corey came to... Read More the rescue with ease. When I called him with my concern, with no hesitation he told me not to worry and that he would make it work and hold our ceremony at Union Station if it did rain (which it did) Not only did he set up the space beautifully for a ceremony but he went the extra mile. He contacted the tent rental company FOR ME and asked them to credit what I had paid for chairs and other extras and instead rent me drapery to block off the dance floor to create a separate space. He did this the DAY BEFORE my wedding when I made the final decision. That was such a relief and really reduced my stress level by not having to do that myself and it save me money. Prior to the actual wedding I had given Corey a list of people with dietary restrictions. Not only did he and the staff make sure they accommodated everyone he went the extra mile to contact a few guests who had more serious allergies. Those guests were so impressed and touched that he had taken the time to call them as they had never had that experience before. He also collected the card box for me and put it under our sweetheart table to insure it's safety. My husband and I fell in love with the space since it was not only beautiful but we had spent time at the Tunnel Bar (which used to connect with the station) when we started dating in college. It really made it feel full circle to us. Corey did us a wonderful kindness and asked the Tunnel Bar to allow us to take some photographs there before the ceremony (we chose take pictures first) It was a sweet bonus to have the opportunity to do so. I HIGHLY recommend Union Saturn Banquets for your wedding. Not only will you be in a beautiful and untraditional space but you I'll have the best customer service experience you could ask for. I hope you have taken the time to r ad this review as it is quite long but I knew I needed to leave the best review possible. Thank you again Corey and The staff at a union Station. My wedding turned out even BETTER than my original plan!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Vanessa R

All I can say is WOW. My husband and I chose Union Station for 2 reasons when we were researching wedding venues. 1) the character of the room 2) the staff. I met Steve when we were looking for a place to have our wedding. He was so knowledgeable, not pushy at all, very relaxed,... Read More and genuinely cared about our wants and needs for our big day. Steve was so responsive throughout the process and offered his expertise and advice when asked. He answered all of our questions, most times in less than 24 hours. The day before the wedding, he and Alice were there as staple pieces to guide us through everything. Now of course we were strangers before this, but the day before he wedding when I was dropping off finishing touches, he opened his arms and I flew into them. They both were so warm and sincerely cared about the day. The day before the wedding, Steve even scheduled us with a photobooth company because we had waited until the last minute. We had a dedicated server, Corey, who was excellent from the moment we arrived to the last minute making sure my husband and I had everything we needed. All of our guests raved about the food and the service. All in all it was the PERFECT evening. Everyone was congratulating me on organizing such a wonderful event, but it was Union Station, their staff, and their carefully selected vendors that made the day. Thank you so much Union Station, I will replay this night for the rest of my life. Thank you for making it perfect!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Liz P

We could not have asked for a more incredible wedding day! Corey and the staff at Union Station went above and beyond to make sure our day was absolutely perfect. We had around 100 guests, and a vintage, travel themed wedding that fit the venue perfectly. Our guests are still... Read More raving about how beautiful the wedding was, with most saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to! From the location, to the food (which everyone raved about), to the absolutely amazing staff, I literally cannot recommend Union Station enough! Corey went so above and beyond that I don't even know where to begin! He made sure every detail for our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Corey took all the cool travel themed decor we had found and decorated the Grand Ballroom into something out of our wildest dreams. He made each of our centerpieces incredibly unique and special, and it was such a treat to be surprised and dazzled from the moment we walked into the reception. He also included details that were important to us, like having some of our favorite apple cider donuts as a late-night snack, and took them above and beyond, creating a whole display with hot cider that was absolutely gorgeous! On top of all of that, he made our weekend a breeze by going out of his way to pick up the vegan cupcakes we had ordered for some of our guests. I cannot recommend Union Station enough. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and Corey and the staff at Union Station had so much do to with that.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Bekki S

We had our wedding at Union Station on 10/1/17 and wouldn’t change a thing! The wedding planner Corey at Union Station takes all the stress away from planning a wedding! Even from our first experience with the food tasting we were wow’d! He was in constant contact and quick to... Read More answer any and all questions. His expertise and organization when we met for our final meeting allowed me to enjoy the days up to my weddding. He made sure all of the details were in place and made sure we had our dream day! The food, venue and overall service far exceede any and all expectations.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Taylor L

Union Station was the absolute perfect venue for our Gatsby themed wedding! The vintage feel is so romantic and timeless! Corey and is staff were very attentive and made sure that we had everything we needed. Corey even went so far as to design a whiskey bar for us that was a... Read More smash hit with our guests! He came up with the entire layout and even had the great suggestion of adding a cigar bar to accompany it. Our guests absolutely loved it and it made the wedding theme really come together nicely! Union Station also provided the BEST food I have ever had at a wedding or any other type of banquet function. The portions were generous and soo delicious, our guests could not stop raving about the passed hors' devours and dinner!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Gina B

I booked at Union Station a year and a half before my wedding because as soon as my husband saw it he was so excited and kept saying how cool and unique it was (which we all know that when the groom is excited about anything to do with the wedding, we act on it!) Everything from... Read More the first meeting to the food tasting to the final meeting was phenomenal and you could tell that they're only priority was to make our wedding everything we wanted it to be. About two months before our wedding, our Coordinator emailed saying he was leaving (IMAGINE MY PANIC) but we were being left in good hands. To say that he told the truth is an understatement. I could not have dreamed of having my wedding in the hands of someone better. At our final meeting I asked what time on Friday we could get into the ballroom to set up. He responded with 'what do you need to set up? That is my job, you do not need to worry about that.' Anyone who knows me knows that I am an absolute control freak but I was beyond willing to leave everything to Corey because I knew he was the best of the best. From calling all our vendors to coordinate timelines, to specialty cocktail signs, to taking our Tiffany's champagne glasses to safety after our toast and even covering our meals so they would stay hot while we socialized, Corey and his staff went above and beyond. I would and have recommended them to anyone I know is getting married. Our day was perfect and a large part of that was because of the coordination and professionalism of Corey and everyone else at Union Station.

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Samantha R

Couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception venue!!! When we started looking at venues around Boston the price tag did not fit my budget for exactly what I wanted (open bar, asian station, and s'mores bar). We started looking in western mass and found an article about a... Read More newly renovated venue in Northampton. We checked it out with my parents and the space itself blew us away! It offered so much more than a traditional ballroom. Corey took over 3 months before our wedding and nailed it! We had A LOT of requests and he never said "no" to them! Corey was in contact with all of our vendors which was a relief for me ! He offered to meet as many times as it took to ensure we felt comfortable with him understanding our vision. He went above and beyond for us including picking up vegan cupcakes for our dairy free guests. Corey has big plans for the future of Union Station and I'm so excited to see where he takes the venue! Shout out to Chef Tom and Gabriel the bartender! Chef Tom put together an amazing Asian Station! Everything was delicious and so well presented! Those crab rangoon.... I could eat those every day, all day! Gabriel remembered our guests names and orders. Throughout the night people kept mentioning his name and I knew we didn't have a guest by that name! My bridesmaids pulled me over to take a pic with him! Choosing Union Station was the best decision! We had our ceremony at Wistariahurst, there is a park nearby (Look Park) for pictures, the town of Northampton is adorable and our guests enjoyed the different activities in Northampton between our ceremony and reception. Hotel Northampton is a great spot for getting ready pictures and to host a brunch. Picking Union Station meant a lot more than just picking a venue. We picked a wedding weekend town. The experiences we had going through the planning process in that area and the details that all came together were exactly as we had envisioned our wedding reception! We would choose Union Station again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Julia M

We searched for months looking for a wedding venue in our area before we found Union Station. The building is beautiful with it’s subtle train station charm. Union Station is a unique place that stands apart from your typical wedding venue. Corey was very accommodating and... Read More helpful. We brought in a lot of personalized decorations, which were carried out beautifully. The place is affordable, the food is exceptional, and the service was fantastic. The tunnel bar afterwards was also a unique way to end the night. All in all we had an amazing day.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Victoria K

Corey and his staff exceeded our expectations! He listened to every request we had and made sure every detail was taken care of. My husband I received numerous compliments on the food, service and venue. I would highly recommend Union Station!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Emily M

From the moment we walked into Union Station's Grand Ballroom, we knew this was the only place we wanted to celebrate our wedding. The space has impressive grandeur because of its beautifully restored architecture yet feels relaxed and comforting. The staff were wonderful to... Read More work with. Corey, the special events manager, was so attentive and seemed to really care about the details. He was quick to respond to my countless emails and I felt confident everything would go as planned with Corey and his wonderful staff at the helm. The tables were set exactly as I had envisioned them. The food was amazing, which all of our guests keep telling us. The bridal room was set up with champagne and the food we were serving at the cocktail hour, which was a wonderful surprise. The staff was patient and understanding when our guests insisted that the party continue even after we turned the lights on. Also, it was a total plus they were able to serve our favorite local beer (Abandoned Building). We had such a perfect evening thanks to Union Station and we cannot recommend this venue enough!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Mia K

My husband and I got married at Union Station in June and we couldn't of asked for a better day! We absolutely fell in love with the venue the moment we walked in. As we got closer to our wedding date- we had set up a meeting with our wedding coordinator Steve- but when we met... Read More for our appointment weeks before our wedding- we met someone new: Corey.. Corey and Steve told us that Steve was leaving and that Corey would be taking over. Well only a few weeks before our wedding there was a slight panic that took over due to the changing of hands so close to our wedding. Corey exceeded my expectations for amazingness!!! He took the vision i had and ran with it! I honestly think that it was a blessing that Corey stepped in at that time! Every little detail I told him I wanted- he did it. My biggest concern was for our introductions.. I had heard that when the wedding party and bride and groom were introduced that they stood in the doorway and then exited the room the left and walked around the outter room and then popped back in to the Grand Ballroom to the dance floor. I explained my concern to Corey and Corey rearranged the seating chart so that my bridal party and me and my husband walked through the crowd to the dance floor! Corey really is amazing at what he does- and I would recommend him and Union Station to everyone getting married!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Katie Z

Union Station provided an amazing reception venue. A dynamic space that offered a dance floor to party and a quite bar space to have conversations. The food was amazing, the service was great. Staff was changing over so response time was slow, but overall Steve was amazing. We... Read More had very specific directions for table settings and many details to coordinate and the staff did a great job.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Amanda A

I couldn't be happier with the experience I had with my wedding at union station, from the time we booked to the actual wedding itself was fantastic. First off the venue itself was absolutely stunning, the ballroom is beautiful, the bar area where cocktail hour was held is just... Read More as beautiful, the bridal suite was perfect to lounge before the reception and get a few minutes away with my new husband. The staff from the waiters to the bartenders and everyone in between was absolutely fantastic, super helpful and pleasant! The best part of our whole experience though was our coordinator Steve, he made the entire experience so pleasant and simple. My husband and I actually live across the country and had to plan everything via email and phone calls and Steve was amazing. He was super accommodating to all of our needs and really listened and cared. The big day went off perfectly with all his help! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone for their wedding or any other event!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Erica G

We were torn between Union Station and another nearby, well-known wedding venue, and we are so glad we went with Union Station. First of all, it's been beautifully restored. It is simple and clean, and has a wonderful, historic feel to it. Second of all, the event coordinator is... Read More a true professional with a great deal of experience. He was helpful, informative, and responsive, and we never felt like we were being sold-to. I attribute much of the day's success to him. Once decided, planning the actual wedding details was really easy, again, thanks to their coordinator's experience. They held a group tasting, and we got to taste everything! He also made time to meet with us a few weeks before the wedding to help us figure out how the day should flow (we had both our ceremony and reception in their ballroom), and worked with all of our other vendors to coordinate deliveries, etc. Anytime I had a question, he responded quickly. The day of, he was there to make sure everything went according to plan. The food was amazing, the wait staff were friendly and helpful, and everything went smoothly. It was the best day in a beautiful setting, and we couldn't be happier with our choice.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Kaitlin M

We had our rehearsal dinner at Union Station and it was fantastic. Steve was truly amazing during our planning process and went above and beyond for our event. The food was excellent, the dining room tasteful and appropriate for our dinner of 25 people, and the flexibility... Read More with personal touches was appreciated. In addition to our dinner, we had our guests meet us at Tunnel Bar and Platform Bar for a Meet & Greet. Our guests enjoyed seeing the space and visiting the Tunnel Bar (many who were from out of town). Thank you, Steve & Team, for making it a great evening!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Lindsay D

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day. Steve, Alice and the entire staff at Union Station were wonderful and took care of everything. We had a Gastby Glam theme for our wedding which was perfect in the vintage train station setting and the Tunnel Bar. We thought we had... Read More an idea of how great it would look, but on the big day the staff and venue exceeded our expectations and it truly looked, felt and was better than we had imagined. Steve was wonderful and very accessible throughout the year of our wedding plans. He helped everything be an easy decision while providing great advice. The food was amazing, the staff was friendly and all of our guests felt taken care of. When you see the venue, it speaks for itself and we were able to make a wedding package with 110 guests be very reasonable for our budget compared to other area venues. I can't say enough about how happy we were with our experience. Thank you, Union Station!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Jamie F

Perfect day! We got married here, & it was a dream come true! We had a train theme which everyone loved, the venue was gorgeous, & Desiree & Megan were a delight to deal with! They were onsite ensuring everything was perfect which it was! We even saved by getting married on a... Read More Friday.

Reviewed on 2/07/2016 Maria W

I feel so lucky we found Union Station, and were able to get the date we wanted for our special day. If you are looking to have your reception some place different than your typical hall, than this is it! Steve was awesome to work with, and answered all of my questions and... Read More concerns in a timely manner. I planned my entire wedding out of state, and Steve completely put my mind at ease, and I didn't have to worry about a thing. He mailed me all of the info including linen samples, and was willing to work with my mother and mother-in-law who live in the area. I came into town briefly, and Steve made sure I was able to squeeze in a food tasting. The food there is incredible! Anyone can make a tasting for 6 people good, but the real test is serving 125+. All our guests raved about their meals and service. The food was delicious, hot, and no one waited for food once we were done with our first dance. Our server was very attentive, and we never were without food or a drink. The bar is larger than most others I've seen, and our guests never had to wait for a drink (we did have open bar, so it was quite busy)! What I liked best, is it is pretty much a one stop shop with their wedding packages. I didn't have to worry about finding vendors for the center pieces, cake, linens, etc. This was so beneficial especially being an out of town bride. I did have two additional vendors for a candy bar and photo booth, and Steve made sure everyone had access to the venue to be able to set up prior. Another bonus is you will be the only wedding there, and not have to share the venue unlike other places. I cannot say enough good things about Union Station, and would definitely recommend!

Beautiful Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Lindsay R

My husband and I just had our reception at Union Station in December. First and foremost, the people we worked with at the venue were extremely easy to work with. They were quick to respond to requests, and helped us with planning all along the way. On the day of the wedding,... Read More the room looked more beautiful than I could have imagined. The feel of the ballroom is so warm and inviting, and goes with any style. The service was exceptional. All of my guests had nothing but great things to say about their servers, and the service they received throughout the entire day. As for my husband and I, we were extremely pleased ourselves! The staff went above and beyond to make everyone happy. As for the food, we decided to go a tad bit extravagant with a surf and turf dinner including filet mignon and lobster tails. I must say, I wasn't sure how this was going to go - but the chef and his staff did an incredible job! The surf and turf was a HUGE hit, as well as the other two entrées we offered. All of the food was amazing and there was not one complaint! The last thing I want to note is the location of the venue. Our wedding ended at 10:00, and not everyone wanted to go home yet. (Including us!) Union Station has two other bars on site, which meant we could continue the night without even having to leave the building! We spent a few more hours with our family and friends and it was perfect! Overall, I couldn't have imagined a better day - and our guests are still talking about what a great time they had!