See why we won Best of Weddings for 2014 - 2017!

We are the most prestigious wedding entertainment company in NYC. With our intelligent lighting, photo/video booth and sound technology, just to name a few, your special event will be nothing short of extraordinary. Ask for our special package deals when you book with Upscale Sound!

Classical, Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

New York, NY (917) 560-8569

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Tania P

Our wedding was this past May 22nd, at the Central Park Boathouse. These guys KILLED it. They were seriously so amazing. We spoke and dealt with Leo, who is the DJ and owner of the company. He was very professional, and responded to all the questions we had in a timely manner.... Read More Compared to other DJ's we spoke with, they were VERY reasonably priced. We ended up getting their platinum package which included uplighting, intelligent lighting for the dance floor, a photobooth, MC, tv screens and dry ice machine (unfortunately we could not use the dry ice machine at our venue. Leo was nice enough to make sure that I inquired about it first with the venue). They did an amazing job with the uplighting and Leo kept the crowd going the entire night with the music. The MC was also amazing. He did an awesome job with our introductions, and he literally had everyone up on the dance floor. One thing that I really liked about him is that he was also cognizant of my husband and I. He made sure that we ate, that our drinks were filled, etc. For example, when dinner was served I was not able to get away from my guests, and the MC went to get my husband and I to make sure that we ate. Later on during the party he also made sure to take us to the photobooth, I really don't think we would have used it if it weren't for him, as there was so much going on.To me, he went above and beyond as an MC and I truly appreciated that. People are still commenting to this day about our wedding, specifically about the music. They were with us to play music from the ceremony until the very end of the wedding, and everything went by flawlessly. They worked easily with our venue, as well as with the maitre'd in order to get the timing of things. I HIGHLY recommend them. We wanted a fun party, and our family is mostly Latino so we had a lot of spanish music, old school jams, and Top 40. Another thing to note, is that Leo really has a feel for the crowd in terms of what gets them going and what doesn't. I am so happy that I went with them. Even our coordinator was so impressed (and he said our wedding was SO much fun. I saw even he enjoyed the photobooth when I saw the pictures after!) that he told me he took their business card, as this was their first time playing at our venue. Trust me, go with these guys, you will not have any regrets. They offer so much, and it is a great value for the service that they provide. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Mansion Wedding with Upscale Sound

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Katherine Y

I wholeheartedly recommend Upscale Sound and Lighting. Leo and his team went above and beyond to ensure everyone at our wedding had a memorable night. Our friends and family raved about the music and danced the night away. If you want one less thing to worry about, book... Read More Upscale; you will be in great hands. From the very beginning, Leo was a pleasure to work with. He is professional, knowledgeable and personable. The communication was superb, and we could always email, call or text Leo and get a quick response. We booked the DJ, MC, lighting, and the photo booth. The DJ was extraordinary. He has excellent taste was able to incorporate our every request. We wanted current hits, Spanish music, 90s hip-hop, and some selections from the 2000s, and we got it all! The lighting definitely set the mood and was classy yet fun, and we had the option of changing the colors throughout the night. It definitely added to the ambiance. The MC brought energy and moved everything along seamlessly. I highly recommend the photo booth. The picture quality was impressive and we got all of the shots emailed to us. Our guests loved taking silly snapshots, too! Upscale had the added challenge of the mansion layout. The ballroom and the dining room were in separate rooms yet they were able to engage all of our guests. The DJ and MC did excellent jobs! They are masters of their crafts. There is so much to stress about when planning a wedding, so save yourself some wrinkles and go with Upscale. They will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Danny K

Leo, along with his team, was the best. He was able to take our list of songs and themes and created an awesome playlist that was fun and had everyone dancing the whole night. They were super friendly and professional from start to finish. I highly recommend the photo booth!... Read More Everyone had fun taking pics. Thank you so much - definitely above and beyond what we expected. Highly, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Shameeka G

Me and my Wife true appreciate Leo's Professionalism and amazing responsiveness from the first day we came in contact with him. We got married on 10-7-2017 and my family is from Honduras and my Wife's family is from Puerto Rico, then we have friends and co-workers from all... Read More different walks of life. With that being said, Leo was able to keep the dance floor moving, even with our culturally diverse guest! He really listened and executed our vision from the Romantic lighting and the diverse Sounds we were looking for. Thank you Leo for being apart of our Wedding and now a part of our family cause there hasn't been a DJ that fully executed our choice of music from beginning to end. I highly recommend this company! Our only Stress FREE Vendor that we dealt with!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Jenn P

Best DJ ever! It was wonderful to work with them prior to the wedding and then on the actual day, they were even more fantastic! My husband and I have very different music tastes but Leo nailed it! They actually even booked two more weddings just based on other people's... Read More experiences at our wedding! Like I said, best DJ ever!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Sabrina S

There are so many things that I can write about Leo, owner/DJ and his amazing staff! But I will choose the best things. We had our wedding in the middle of summer but was shooting for a winter theme since that is when my husband and I met. We got the upscale package which was... Read More honestly so affordable, I felt like it was free...That included up lights which transformed the cozy barnyard venue we chose into a whimsical winter wonderland. I changed my mind on a few details during the duration of working with Leo, but he worked with me every step of the way, which was so awesome and always with a smile! Everyone raved about the photobooth which was a lovely addition! The music was amazing, I don’t think the dance floor was empty for a second. Seriously people, look no where else, if you want excellent service, especially on a budget, book Upscale Sound and Lighting!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Diana C

My husband and I had our wedding this past September. We searched for months for the perfect vendor until we finally got referred from a friend to look no further than Upscale Sound. After looking them up, I was beyond excited to meet with them and let them in on our vision for... Read More a romantic night. We booked a custom package as we were only in need of lighting, MC, speakers, DJ and of course, the infamous photo booth. Leo was sooooo kind and most importantly, straight forward about everything that we would expect. The best part was how unbelievably affordable they were. I requested some songs and he assured us (me and Patrick) that they would be played and they were. The photo booth was fun and exciting for our guests and the photos that printed were in high quality which made me very happy since I myself am a photographer. It was such a wonderful night and I have to thank Leo and his staff for executing everything so wonderfully! 5 stars are NOT enough.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Paula B

My husband and I come from two different backgrounds. He's Trinidadian and I'm Colombian. Culturally, we party in very similar ways, but our music selection is different. As you can imagine, it was no small task looking for a DJ who understood our cultures. We searched and met... Read More with countless of DJs, but had no luck until we met Leo, the owner of Upscale Sound & Lighting. Upscale Sound & Lighting was recommended to us by our catering venue, Jericho Terrace. Before meeting Leo, we emailed him our concerns and desires for our big day. My husband and I shared the importance of blending specific songs from our cultures as well as ensuring that all of our guests were always on the dance floor. We wanted our guests to have a great time and leave the reception SMILING. Over the phone, Leo assured us that he was able to meet our requests. When we met Leo in person for the first time, he already had a sample mix for us to listen to. From Reggaeton and Soca to Cumbia and Chutney. We were so impressed with his work ethic and creativity. My husband and I immediately knew he was our guy to DJ our wedding. I even thought to myself, "If this is a foretaste of the music, then the music at the wedding will be nothing short of unique to get our family and friends moving and grooving." That thought actually became praises to Leo and his team after our wedding. Our wedding was nonstop laughter and dancing because of Leo and his passion for music. It was such a fun time that our guests didn't want to go home!!! Seeing our loved ones dance to both of our cultures was one of the highlights of our wedding. The MC, staff at the photo booth and Leo truly tailor the experience to the client's individual needs! Thank you, Upscale Sound & Lighting for putting a smile on our guests as well as ours!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Tinamarie V

We are so glad that we chose Upscale Sound and Lighting for our wedding reception on Saturday, September 30. Leo did a great job in our interviews, and my many emails to him to ensure our vision was executed. The lighting and entertainment was exactly what we envisioned. The DJ... Read More Louie did a good job with mixing English and Spanish music to keep everyone happy, and the MC Manny was energetic and did a great job entertaining our bilingual (English/Spanish) crowd. And the photo booth was quite a hit, and the attendant Joe made sure it had the correct hashtag and it functioned properly. Leo and his team are top notch, and very professional and friendly! Thank you, Tinamarie & Santos

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Steven C

I had a spectacular reception this past Saturday, September 30th 2017. I am lost for words. These guys made sure everything was immaculate. The lighting was fantastic. I don't know what else they could have to done to improve it. Leo is the best guy you can work with. He always... Read More reassured me with that 'I got it'. I knew he was going to take care of us. He was always a phone call away if I had any questions. The emcee was full of energy and just awesome. The photo booth was a hit! My entrance was perfect. Everyone loved the music played and had a great time. Thanks again, Leo. When I need these services again, I promise that Upscale Sound would the first I call. Leo, I look forward to working with you again. I would recommend these guys to anyone. Their prices are also fair and they have awesome forms of payment. All I can say is great things. Thanks again, Leo!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Marguerite R

Our wedding was this past weekend in Long Island City. I reached out to Leo a few months ago in an exhaustive search for a DJ, immediately I knew we were on the same page and I instantly decided to book Upscale Sound without even having had met them or seen their work. The... Read More entire process was seamless from beginning to end. My husband and I could not have loved the music or photo booth more. Leo and his team are absolutely fantastic!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Melissa C

Leo was very professional and did a glorious job at our reception. We had to change DJs and a MC two weeks prior to our wedding date. Leo was available and responded to us quickly. He was awesome with the interview and it was great that he had a bilingual MC (Spanish). The... Read More conversations we had following the interview and prior made it a smooth experience. It was already going to be a hectic day, but we had no worries with Upscale Sound & Lightning. It was overall a glorious experience and would recommend using them to anyone. Great job!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Maricela A

SO glad we used Upscale Sound & Lighting for the music, lighting, and for a photo booth at our wedding! So many guests commented that the dance floor was full all night and that it was one of the most fun weddings they had been to. We know this was because of our incredible DJ!... Read More We also loved having a photo booth - not only was it a hilarious activity and a fun souvenir, but my husband and I could see all of the photo strips online after the wedding. I can't recommend Upscale Sound enough - easily one of our wisest vendor choices!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Allison G

My cousin Jordan Rosenberg referred me to this company with more eager than when he reviewed them two years ago for his bachelor party. I needed to see what the raving was all about so I booked Upscale Sound for an afternoon brunch. Their professionalism was so pronounced that... Read More they earned my business for seven bookings for early next year. As a wedding and event coordinator it is with great pride and pleasure that I recommend Upscale Sound & Lighting for anyone looking for the best in event entertainment.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Natalie D

Upscale sound & lighting is absolutely a fantastic entertainment company. I got married back in July. Leo and his team were able to bring my vision of the perfect wedding to life providing us with exceptional lighting, in which I can't get over how perfect their spot lighting... Read More was. Leo himself DJ my party and left my guest hurting from all the dancing which to me is a good thing, such great music he was really feeling the vibe and I had all my guest on the dance floor the whole night. There aren't enough words to thank them for such amazing service they have provided me. I highly recommend them in every sense of the the word.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kelly S

You guys are seriously fantastic! I am going to recommend you for anytime someone asks me for music or event setup. My mother hasn't smiled like that in years! Thank you Leo for everything that you've done with helping me get organized for my bridal shower and the Oheka... Read More walkthrough. I couldn't have done it without you. My regards to you and your magnificent staff! - Kelly

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lisa S

October 15th was one of the most special days of my life and Upscale Sound was an important part of it. Our venue was giving us a hard time with several services that they wanted to shove down our ( me and my husbands) throats but I am glad that Upscale educated us in what we... Read More actually needed to optimize the venue space. The Photo booth was a hit and the flow on the dance floor couldn't have been more perfect. Thank you Leo and Jeff for your patience with us and in making our thoughts and ideas come to fruition.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Frank T

My wife was very nervous with the entire planning process but Jay and Leo made amazing efforts in providing a comfortable and easy booking process. The event itself was nothing less of amazing as my entire family danced all night. I am happy that they were affordable and beyond... Read More talented. I have no words for how special they made us feel. Upscale Sound is the way to go!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Frank T

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Cat E

My wife and I got married on May 28th, 2016 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Staten Island. Planning weddings are incredibly stressful with loads to do and huge decisions to make! The best thing about our planning process was that we knew before anything else, that we wanted Upscale... Read More Sound and Lighting. I personally have worked with Leo (Owner and DJ) on previous events I have planned and hosted. He is beyond professional, easy to work with and incredibly gifted at gauging the crowd and catering the music and vibe to the audience. Both my wife and I are Puerto Rican and it was really important to us to have a bilingual MC and a great mix of Spanish Music, Today's hits, Hip Hop and R&B. His transitions were seamless, the MC was AWESOME and our guests loved the Photo Booth! Additionally, the lights were perfection! While, we had our first dance, Leo very subtly started a smoke machine and when we got our pictures back, it was so spectacular, I cried. It literally looked like we were dancing on clouds. We still have guests comment on how how much fun they had at our wedding and most importantly how much they loved the music! Overall, Upscale Sound did an amazing job and I can't wait to work with Leo again.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Nicole L

We had an amazing time and would definitely recommend Upscale Sound! Leo was incredibly professional and put my frazzled bride mind at ease. He had a very short setup window, in an unusual space (Jane's Carousel in Brooklyn Bridge Park) and they made it happen. They DJ'd our... Read More wedding and ran a photobooth for us-- both were flawless and our guests had an amazing time!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 David F

My wife and I had our wedding on October 2nd with Upscale Sound providing services for our cocktail hour and reception. First and foremost, Leo (Owner and DJ) is extremely professional and makes sure to handle everything personally. He was quick to answer any emails and all... Read More questions. We also had a band for the reception intro, and Leo made sure to connect with them and keep things running smoothly. The MC was great, and not at all overbearing. He made sure to pronounce every name correctly and kept the crowd engaged. He coordinated everything with the maitre'd and kept pace with the run of show. Leo suggested we play the Shoe Game, and the MC's commentary definitely helped make it a hit. While Leo gave us the option of selecting every song to be played during the reception, we opted to let him feel out the audience and DJ accordingly. We had a mix of an older Filipino crowd and other adults our age (late 20's) who prefer late 90's/early 2000's Hip Hop/R&B as well as current hits. Leo did a great job of creating sets for each group and kept the dance floor filled throughout the entire reception. No one felt left out and we received multiple compliments for our choice of DJ. Upscale also provided a photobooth, and we received a book filled with photos and notes from our guests. It was a nice keepsake to take home and look through the day after the wedding. Overall, Leo and Upscale Sound helped make our wedding a success. They were open to our ideas (we played "Cut It" as our cake-cutting song and got a great reaction from our guests), but also made solid suggestions based on what we were looking for. Whether you're looking for something classic or something non-traditional, Leo and his team will make it happen. All of that, and their prices beat out the competition by a long shot.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Maria V

Best Night Ever!!! Leo and his team played our favorites all night long. They were amazing at having mixes of Latin, English and Persian tunes. The crowed danced and are still raving about how much fun they had dancing to all the international beats that were played. I wish our... Read More wedding had lasted ten more hours to continue dancing. Thank you Leo and Upscale Sound & Lighting!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Lauren L

I wish there were more than 5 stars because Leo and his team deserve every last one! If you want a hands on experience with 3 men who will take the time to understand the vibe you want and then deliver in spades, Upscale Sound is what you want! We had our wedding in May 2016... Read More and since booking, Leo took great care of us. Music was the most important part of our wedding and Leo & Jeff took it very seriously. They were a delight to work with before the event. Leo even created a medley mix for my father/daughter dance which was EXACTLY what we wanted. He said it during our time working together that he already felt like family and we felt the same way! Now, onto the event itself. The ENTIRE day was flawless. The crew was there early to set up and worked with our venue to install the sound we wanted for our ceremony, cocktail hour & reception (which were all in separate locations). They aired the slideshow on 2x screens that also were flawless. Leo's mixes throughout the evening were INCREDIBLE. We had discussed what we wanted/didn't want ahead of time and he blew us away with his choices, mixes and keeping everyone on the dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG! Jay did a fantastic job as the emcee. His timing and ease of working together made the day move seamlessly. They even were able to switch things around on the fly so the crowd could dance a little longer than planned when the house was rockin! Throughout the entire planning and event Leo, Jeff & Jay were beyond perfect - A DREAM COME TRUE for our big day! My husband and I cannot recommend them enough. We will be using Upscale Sound for all of our music needs in the future! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

As I meticulously planned my wedding down to the tee; from the color of ink my guests were going to sign our wedding quilt to the size of the flute that our champagne would be poured in during the speeches, I found myself dumbfounded when I realized that I forgot to book the... Read More music/MC. I frantically called my married friends to see if they can forward me the companies who did their wedding and found myself on bridal sites ransacking their content to see if somebody, anybody would be the entertainment at my wedding. Right when I was losing hope and was considering playing a Playlist with my father in law as MC, I came across theknot where I checked to see if there were any companies willing to save me from my misery. That's when I came across Upscale Sound and lighting. They saved my wedding from being a disaster. I cannot believe I came across this company. Without them, my wedding would've been a total nightmare. I couldn't believe that I was able to book them at such short notice and get such professionalism and top tier aesthetic when it came to their art. They were affordable and professional. They were the miracle who saved my wedding and I cannot thank them enough!! You will not regret choosing Upscale sound and lighting to cater to your musical and lighting needs.

Leo Jiminian

After attending countless weddings, I had noticed every wedding sounded the same. There was nothing unique about the music selection and as a DJ myself, I knew there was something missing in the wedding industry. I decided to change that by establishing Upscale Sound & Lighting, which bases on bringing real DJ's to wedding receptions with a strong focus on music. I will personally be the one that you meet at your meetings and the one at your reception. I am very happy to have built such an amazing reputation for Upscale Sound as a high end and affordable entertainment company.