Upstairs Downstairs Catering for Your Wedding

For 39 years, Upstairs Downstairs Catering has prepared every meal with a passion for perfection. Not limited to menu options, we can turn family recipes into fare for your entire party. Whether sit down, family style, or buffet, our attentive and quick responding staff handle every detail.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1617 N. Stoughton Rd., Madison, WI (608) 256-4600

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Alec J

Our entire experience with Upstairs Downstairs was great! Dan was incredibly helpful and accommodating during our tasting and consultation, which was low-pressure. The recommendations for the amount of food and drink were spot-on. We had a wedding in a barn just over an hour... Read More outside of Madison for 110 guests. Our filets were done perfectly and several guests commented that they were the best steaks they had eaten- ever! Our other main was the Wisconsin chicken which was moist, flavorful, and again, everyone loved it! Our guests also couldn’t believe that everything was made off-site. People kept asking where we had a kitchen set up because the food was so great! We had multiple guests say that the food was the best that they had ever had at a wedding. The service was also great. The wait-staff moved throughout the barn as though it were a restaurant that they were very familiar with or worked at every night. On top of that, guests were met with very helpful service when they needed more water or additional food. We did an open bar throughout the evening. We sourced our own wine and beer and Upstairs Downstairs provided all of the hard alcohol and garnishes. The bartenders provided prompt service, mixed great drinks, and were very friendly to our guests. I would liken the level of service and friendliness to that of a bar where you’re a regular and the bartenders know you by name. I highly recommend using Upstairs Downstairs for a wedding and I hope to see them in the future at my friends' weddings! A big thank-you to Dan and the crew!

2016-11-11T13:08:58 Response from the vendor

Thank You! It was our Pleasure! Best to you both in the Future! All of Us at UpStairs DownStairs!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 M N

These guys were the best, 5 stars in every way. We had a small wedding at our home, and they still treated it like a big important event -- super accommodating, went above & beyond to offer great options. Affordable, flexible, food was wonderful, service staff at the event... Read More were great: chill, eager to help, friendly but very much in the background. Cannot say enough good things about this company!

2016-11-11T08:22:42 Response from the vendor

Thank You!I was our pleasure! Best to you both in the future! All of us @ UpStairs DownStairs

Reviewed on 4/07/2016 Lauren M

I can not recommend Upstairs Downstairs enough! My father and family have a catering business in the Chicagoland area, so we had high expectations when trusting a catering company to take care of our wedding. From planning to execution, everything was flawless! Everyone you... Read More work with (Dan, Rick, Kim, etc.) are incredibly attentive and passionate about what they do. You can tell they really care about you and your special day. Not to mention the food is AMAZING! My guests are still talking about it!! :)

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Lindsey N

We came about Upstairs Downstairs by word of mouth from one of my colleagues. We are SO grateful for that recommendation because we were completely blown away by the expertise that Dan and his team brought to our wedding day. Dan was so fun to work with--I just knew that... Read More things would go smoothly during our reception. Dan was very methodical in the planning process, making sure to cover all aspects of the cocktail hour and reception. As a planner myself, I couldn't help but feel comfortable knowing all aspects of the day were addressed. I can't speak enough about the food--SO GOOD! I would 100% recommend Upstairs Downstairs for catering!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Briana L

Dan and the whole team were wonderful to work with. They were so helpful in each meeting we had and always responded quickly when we had questions. We got so many compliments on the food from our guests!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Ali C

From the very beginning we knew that Upstairs Downstairs was for us! We worked with Dan with all of our tastings and he was so flexible and accommodating from the beginning. Their food really is not "wedding food"--it is gourmet and delicious! They would even go a step beyond... Read More and make a recipe that is not even on their menu but if YOU wanted it, they would do it! Super flexible as far as letting you buy anything on your own and they can do the rest, or vice versa! The best thing by far was that they accomplished my vision of an Oreo cake tower. Truly--nothing but good things with this place--they made our day spectacular and stick out! Thank you Upstairs Downstairs!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Kelly P

They were so amazing! The catering staff was excellent, and beyond helpful. The food was so good, we got a TON of compliments, would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Courtney H

Dan and the team at Upstairs Downstairs were absolutely amazing to work with for our wedding day! We met with them multiple times prior to the wedding to make sure we were all on the same page and they were incredibly accommodating! Dan was amazing, explaining everything in... Read More terms that we understood and sharing his experiences to make our wedding day perfect. The food was amazing and the staff was very professional. I 100% recommend Upstairs Downstairs Catering for a wedding day caterer! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Leah G

Absolute top notch food and service! We enjoyed working with Rick so much, he had us come in for a tasting and we were immediately blown away by not only the taste of the food, but the presentation and all over great attitude everyone had! We had a small wedding with appetizers... Read More and stations and everyone was raving about how great the food was!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Lara R

Great food! Everyone kept raving about how good the food was. They executed everything perfectly.

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Allie K

Upstairs Downstairs was a great catering company to work with! Starting with our tasting with Dan Brown, he was very accommodating and willing to let us make our ideal plate combinations, all in a low pressure environment. The check in meeting a few weeks before our mid-October... Read More wedding was needed to ease any anxious feelings regarding the food. On our wedding day, all of the food arrived without any problems and everything was cooked perfectly! A few of our guests had allergies and Upstairs Downstairs did a great job accommodating them! Highly recommended to anyone needing a caterer!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Jessie H

These guys are fantastic. The food was great, they brought snacks for the bridal party to eat while we were getting ready, servers were polite and efficient, office staff was responsive and incredibly accommodating. Plus, the prices are so much less than rival companies -... Read More definitely recommend checking them out!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Shaina K

Upstairs Downstairs was awesome! They executed our food service beautifully. They were very easy to work with on our menu and affordable. Would have them for any other catered function in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Marty S

Me and my wife would highly recommend the services of Upstairs Downstairs catering. Dan Brown in particular was a pleasure to work with. Always very professional and accommodating to our requests. Thanks to him and the whole Upstairs/Downstairs team, we were able to customize... Read More our wedding service to exactly what we wanted. If you don't see something of interest on their sample menus, they will go out of their way to create a dish that meets or exceeds your specifications. The whole wedding service went off without a hitch and everyone loved the food. If you're looking for a reliable, professional and moderately priced purveyor of quality food then Upstairs Downstairs has got you covered.

2017-02-11T11:44:44 Response from the vendor

Thank You so much! It was our Pleasure! Best, Dan Brown

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Lindsay C

We went with Upstairs Downstairs catering based off of the number of good reviews they had right here on The Knot and we were not disappointed. Dan was amazing to work with – incredibly helpful, quick to respond and detail oriented. They couldn’t have been more accommodating... Read More with the limited space available at our reception, people with food allergies, etc. The food was excellent – we received many compliments on it all throughout the night. The twice baked potatoes and the Italian stuffed chicken stood out as favorites. They even packed up all the leftovers to send home with us AND wrapped up our wedding cake. They did things for us I never even thought about or expected a caterer to do for us. The servers were very polite and made sure our buffet line ran quickly and efficiently. The prices were affordable, the food was excellent and the staff was wonderful. What more can I say? We couldn’t be more pleased with our experience!

2017-02-01T08:05:05 Response from the vendor

It was our Pleasure! Best, UpStairs DownStairs

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Meghan M

Our experience with Upstairs Downstairs Catering was awesome from start to finish. They were the first company we set up a tasting with, and we knew immediately that we wanted to work with them. Dan and his team were extremely helpful and accommodating throughout the process.... Read More We decided to do a buffet style dinner with 3 entrees , and our guests raved about how good the skewered tenderloins, pulled pork, and asparagus stuffed chicken were. The mini cheesecakes for dessert were really good too. We bought all of our own booze, and Upstairs Downstairs provided us with a really great bartender. Their prices for everything were very reasonable, and we could not have been happier with the quality of their food and service.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Chris K

We were very pleased with Upstairs Downstairs catering. First thing the food was amazing! Everyone at the wedding was talking about how good the food was. There was plenty of food to go around. The staff was very professional and friendly. Dan was great to work with! He... Read More replied fast to emails, was available to meet, and was very helpful! I can't say enough good things about Upstairs Downstairs. Next time we need something catered we definitely will use them again!!! Chris Haug

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Alexis A

Dan did such an amazing job catering our wedding. We received so many compliments on the cocktail appetizers and family style dinner we served. The price was incredibly reasonable and the serving staff was very professional. All the food was served beautifully and in a very... Read More timely manner. Couldn't have been more pleased, and would definitely recommend Upstairs Downstairs for any event

2016-11-11T08:22:34 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Magda B

We highly recommend Upstairs Downstairs Catering to anyone looking to cater any type of event. From start to finish they were organized, professional and thorough. Their food was delicious and staff very accommodating and friendly. You won't be disappointed. Thank you to Dan,... Read More Rick, Phil and staff! You helped make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Kalli S

Upstairs Downstairs were very accommodating and helpful to work with. Figuring out how to feed everyone at a wedding can be stressful but Dan and his employees made it very easy! The people doing the catering at the wedding were sure to introduce themselves and get us anything... Read More we needed, they even had appetizers from the cocktail hour waiting at the head table when we got to dinner. Their food looks and tastes great and we would definitely use them again for future catering needs!

2016-11-11T08:23:03 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Kelsey W

Dan Brown and his team were absolutely amazing to work with. Dan was flexible and accommodating, allowing us to make changes and willing to go above and beyond to give my husband and I the best day on our wedding day. He was willing to assist us in any way to make our lives and... Read More our vendors' lives easier. The food was also TERRIFIC with huge portions and well orchestrated display/delivery of each plate for our guests. They also provided bar tending services and were very flexible letting us bring some of the liquor and having them provide some alcohol, as well--a rare negotiation I don't think you would find with many other catering companies. The prices were very reasonable especially with all the extra work UpDown's team did for us. My husband and I looked into a handful of other catering companies but no one won over our trust like Dan! No matter how fancy or casual your wedding is, no matter what your budget is, Dan Brown and Upstairs Downstairs Catering should be your #1 pick!

2016-11-11T08:23:11 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Jessi P

We ordered our cake and cupcakes for our wedding through Upstairs Downstairs and they were absolutely amazing! We got so many compliments on the cupcakes and people thought they were delicious! They were perfectly moist and the presentation was great. And the baker was so... Read More accommodating when it came to selecting flavors. She literally said to pick whatever flavors we wanted and they would make it work - and they did!! They brought plates, napkins, and silverware for no extra charge, which was really nice. We also had a tasting with Upstairs Downstairs for the dinner food, and every dish that we had was so yummy! Out of all the places we had tastings at, we enjoyed their food the most. However due to a tight budget, we ended up having to go with a cheaper caterer. But I would highly recommend them for catering and cupcakes!! You will not be disappointed in the food! Dan and the rest of the staff was such a pleasure to work with. He was so helpful and answered all of my questions in a timely manner. He made the planning process so easy. You can't go wrong with Upstairs Downstairs!! :)

2016-11-11T08:23:22 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Kayla R

Upstairs Downstairs Catering was amazing to work with. The food was delicious, the service was perfect! Everyone was so nice and easy to work with. Our guests absolutely loved the food! No complaints, all compliments!!

2016-11-11T08:23:41 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

From the moment we first contacted Upstairs Downstairs Catering to our wedding itself, working with this company was an absolutely fantastic experience. If I could give them 10 stars, I would. Dan Brown was our main contact, and he was phenomenal! No matter what, he was always... Read More super friendly and helpful. Plus he was consistently quick to respond to all our emails or phone calls. For the wedding itself, our guests raved about the food and the service! Not only are their prices very reasonable, but their service and work ethic was exceptional! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect catering experience. Thanks Upstairs Downstairs!

2016-11-11T08:23:47 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Stephani B

Upstairs Downstairs was wonderful to work with! Everything went without a hitch. They started getting our passed hors d'oeuvres out during the receiving line and our guests were so impressed and happy that they got food while they were waiting in the long line (we had a rather... Read More large wedding, the receiving line took almost an hour) The food was all so delicious! We came up with our own beef option and they executed it perfectly. The service staff was wonderful. The bartenders knew their stuff and were attentive and knowledgeable. I would definitely use UpDown again!

2016-06-11T14:20:01 Response from the vendor

Thank You for the Kind Words! It was our Pleasure!