Urban Cowboy Southern Fusion

Austin, Hill Country, Bastrop and all surrounding areas

Full Service Catering Professionals

With over 25 years of experience, we are expert caterers specializing in weddings , corporate and social events. Focusing on fresh, local and organic food with as much on site cooking as possible. We offer competitive pricing, personable, attentive, friendly & genuine service. Food truck catering also available.

Cuisine

Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Food Trucks, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Austin, Hill Country, Bastrop and all surrounding areas (512) 229-5116

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Charity R

We hired Chris and his team to cater our wedding on 10/14. From last year until the week before, they were there to answer every email and phone call (even the night before my wedding when I freaked out) - they always responded within 48 hours at the most which was so nice! We... Read More had the most delicious crispy sriracha fried chicken for dinner and BBQ brisket served family style, with grilled asparagus and lemon scented potatoes. Everyone raved about the food and some guests couldn't believe that it was cooked on site! they were so impressed. They passed hors douevres for cocktail hour, panzanella with cornbread and bacon wrapped chicken bites and plated us our own plate after we did out pictures. His team also helped us when we failed to realize the ceremony chairs had to be moved for the reception. Oops! But, they jumped in and helped without question. We later compensated them for the extra work. They also took care of the bar for us and all the rentals of china and linen. Excellent service, friendly staff and for a better price than a few other caterers I contacted. We saved a lot of money using them and am so glad we did! Thanks Urban Cowboy :)

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Deanna L

Highly recommend!! As Mother of the bride, I helped with catering for my daughter's big day on Nov. 4th. We had a small boho rustic wedding of about 120 and decided to go with the food truck. So happy we did!! Chris , the owner, attended to all our needs way before the... Read More actual day and continued to support and offer suggestions along the way! I don't know what We would have done without him. The food did not disappoint!! Everyone kept asking me where I found him!! His staff that helped with the truck and happy hour were also very attentive to our guest. The bartenders did an amazing job, and also made sure the bridal party was happy!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Charity R

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Dillon B

We hired Urban Cowboy to provide catered food and a bar for our wedding in May. While our day was nearly perfect, our experience with Urban Cowboy left much to be desired. Unfortunately, I believe that since a brick and mortar store was in the process of opening right before our... Read More wedding, it distracted Chris and his team, resulting in our wedding not getting the attention we had hoped and quite a few issues. First, the good: the food itself was quite tasty! The mac and cheese was heavenly. Additionally, they were always willing to accommodate our requests, and did, for the most part. Now for the bad: TL;DR It was a huge disappointment and we certainly don't feel as though we got our money's worth. I would recommend finding another caterer--many of our issues seemed to stem from a lack of attention or dedication to the catering aspect of their business. Communication: They would only respond to our e-mails on Sundays, and even then, only in part. It often required sending multiple e-mails in order to get our questions answered--and even then, it was clear that communication failed on their end as evidenced by my next point. Bartender issues: In our emails, we discussed how well equipped the bartender would be to serve our event. We were specifically told that the “bartender will bring all supplies for opening wine/beer and a cutting board. They can bring a cocktail shaker as well”. The bartender did not bring any tools whatsoever. Luckily, we had brought wine keys and scoops for ice, but no knife or cutting board. After the truck supplied the bartender with the knife and cutting board (for citrus), these items were not used. It took my father getting behind the bar and cutting limes for people to get their drinks prepared. Furthermore, the bartender was not well trained and struggled to poor even the simplest of drinks (way overpouring, then over correcting and way underpouring). At one point she told my uncle that she couldn't make him a bacardi and coke because she didn't have any rum...there were 5 handles right next to her... Food issues: 1. One of the entrees was supposed to be cherry-ancho glazed short ribs. This is something we were very excited about. The ribs we received were not short ribs. We understand that small substitutions may occasionally be necessary, but the main cut of meat was substituted, which had impacts on both the flavor and price. 2. The other entrée was supposed to be the sriracha chicken, with the sauce on the side. We did not receive the sriracha sauce, but a different sauce altogether. Once again, this substitution completely changed the meal. Service issues: Prior to the wedding, we communicated the timeline to ensure that we were on the same page. Although the wedding ceremony ran about 15 minutes late, the dinner service was much more delayed. Dinner was not ready until after 6:00. Throughout dinner, our mothers had to find the staff to refill the trays of food. We had guests standing in line with 2 of our 5 dishes completely empty with no one on site to refill them. We paid extra for your cake cutting service. The staff was not prepared to provide this service, and once again had to be found in order to fulfill it. In addition, many guests had to cut pieces for themselves, because the three tiered cake was cut from the top-down, with no separation of layers. The last layer was never cut at all, leaving guests to completely help themselves.

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Tessa R

From the tasting to the wedding night everything was delicious, plentiful, a great deal and an over all wonderful things experience!! Hire Chris and you will not be disappointed! . . The siracha chicken bites are amazing 😍

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Mena S

Chris does not disappoint, from the moment we began talking via email I knew he was the right choice. He was so easy to work with, extremely responsive to emails, and really worked to fit things into my small budget. MOST IMPORTANTLY the food was the best I have ever had at a... Read More wedding!!! This is not just my husband and I's opinion, but the opinion of all the guests that I have spoken to. I really wanted southern food, but I also did not want mom's meatloaf and mashed potatoes. We are young and wanted a trendy touch to our food. Urban Cowboy is perfect for that!!! All of his food has a gourmet twist to a southern staple and all of it was amazing. It was almost impossible to decide what to pick for the wedding. But know that whatever you do will be served hot, fresh, and perfect. Choose Chris with Urban Cowboy and have one less huge thing to worry about!!

2016-11-17T08:25:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We had a great time at your wedding and are honored to have been a part of it! We wish you all the best.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Ian S

The Urban Cowboy Food Truck was amazing. We had them serve our rehearsal dinner and everything was spot. They served appetizers and four tacos which were a hit. The braised short rib were the most popular but the all the food was gone at the end of the evening. Chris was... Read More professional and on time and I we can’t fully express how awesome the experience was.

2016-11-17T08:26:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ian! We had a great time at Vista West with you and your family. Glad you enjoyed the short rib taco. It's one of our fave's too. :) We wish you all the best. Thank you for writing your review.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Gillian S

Chris was amazing! The food came out so good for our wedding this past week, on June 24th, 2016. We had a wonderful menu of veggie ceviche & chicken/brie/endive cups, fantastic kale salad, sriracha & honey fried chicken paired with cilantro rice, and beef brisket with beer... Read More mac'n cheese, and a few stuffed avocados for my vegan/veggie family members. Chris was great to work with, and easily made the accommodations I requested for my veggie family members. We live in California, and we chose Urban Cowboy without trying it, because the reviews were so good. We were able to visit in March and try the food and we were blown away! I'm so glad we made the decision to go with Chris. We had no issues, and all our guests raved about the food!

2016-11-17T08:27:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed everything, it was great to work with you too! :) Thanks for your review, we wish you all the best.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

The Urban Cowboy food truck was amazing. Chris was so nice and made sure we had everything we needed. His tacos are so delicious and unique. They were such a hit at my Daughters wedding. Thanks again for such an outstanding job!!!! Follow him on Facebook to see his awesome... Read More work. His appetizers look wonderful.

2015-10-07T19:25:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We are honored to have been a part of Samantha & Kip's special day. Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how we did!

Amazing food

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Rebecca C

Chris and his team recently catered our wedding in Georgetown, Texas. Throughout the planning process, Chris was great to work with. The food was lightyears above other caterers in our price range. We served a variety of appetizers (the ancho-rubbed short rib, Mexican fruit cups... Read More and praline bacon are to die for!) and fajitas. The service was friendly and great. So, why not 5 stars? I've gone back and forth since the wedding about whether or not to include this in my review, but...some aspects of the catering were not exactly what was in the contract/discussed. Some of the food wasn't the same quality as we tasted/agreed to (store-bought instead of homemade chips); the waiters didn't wear what I'd asked them to; the food dishes weren't the quality promised; the servers didn't help cut or serve the cake as we'd agreed; etc. These are all little things, but, added up, they take away that last star. Overall, I'd still work with Chris again on another event. I'd just be sure to double and triple check all of the details beforehand!

Chris Trapani

The cowboy in charge. Chef/Owner, Chris Trapani is originally from Brooklyn, NY. He lived there for almost 30 years and moved to TX many years ago. He has trained at the Texas Culinary Academy, worked for several top catering companies in New York City & Austin, fine dining, corporate and casual dining. He's created and executed menus for celebrities, television networks, corporate facilities, film shoots & more. He is known for his kind & genuine approach to service, a deep love for the south & everything country. We are passionate about food, service & people! Contact us today.