Magical Weddings on a Historic Working Farm

If you’re looking for a dreamy wedding venue in New England, look no further! Be inspired by the history and beauty of Valley View Farm and gather with family and friends for a truly memorable ceremony and reception. Think farm-­fresh food, an artistic vibe, and a serene setting on a breezy hilltop. Our 19th­ century post and beam Yellow Wedding Barn, meticulously restored in 2015, is simply magical. A museum quality example of historic agricultural architecture yet is thoroughly modernized for hosting your perfect party. This custom­ built open space is designed to capture the essential elements of successful entertaining with history, charm and rustic elegance to inspire you to create memories your loved ones will never forget.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue, Loft, Mountain, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Planning, Service Staff

16 Walpole Road, Haydenville, MA (917) 592-4999
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Molly S

Words can simply not express how extremely grateful and appreciative we are for Sue, David, Alex and her team for the most unforgettable and best day of our lives. The entire wedding planning process with the Valley View crew was seamless. From the first time we stepped foot on... Read More the farm to checkout the venue to the day of our wedding, we felt like we were the only couple getting married there!! The team truly wants you to have the best day of your life and leaves no stone unturned. They are incredibly responsive, warm and truly amazing people. We feel like we are a part of their family! We highly recommend valley view for a wedding venue. It is truly a magical place with a quintessential team that we are forever grateful for.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Dali J

"Valley View Farm is the place you are looking for! When my wife and I walked in to the barn I immediately had goosebumps and knew this was the place for us. This was where we wanted to celebrate the most important day of our lives. Up on a hill with 360 degree views. From the... Read More outdoor pavilion, to the fire pits, to the bathrooms! We had more people asking us how we found this place than congratulating us! Understandably so! Sue and David catered to us and all of our needs. Very kind and genuine people that want your day to be everything you have ever dreamed of and more! We were lucky enough to find this place, but even luckier to find the people that created it! We can not thank them enough! "

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Terrie F

My wife and I got married at Valley View in September of this year. Prior to the wedding date, we had set up appointments to visit several other venues in the area. Those plans went out the window once we met the owners Sue and David and walked around the property. Immediately... Read More my wife and I knew that this was the venue for us, there was no need to continue our search. Sue and David are two of the most laid back, thoughtful and attentive people that we have met. Sue was open to all of our ideas and was incredible when it came to suggesting little touches here and there that would allow for the unique wedding day that we desired! The venue itself is second to none. You truly have to make a visit to really appreciate the hard work that David and his crew did re-constructing the barn, building the beautiful stone sugar house and making each table and chair out of reclaimed wood. The results are absolutely amazing. If you’re looking for a vintage farm type wedding with just enough modern touches than you’ll absolutely want to consider Valley View Farm for your wedding! We can’t thank Sue and David enough for their friendship and guidance and for making sure that our wedding day was absolutely perfect! We’ll be sure to visit whenever we’re in the area to say hello! Matt

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Katie S

Our Wedding at Valley View Farm in September was a dream come true! The venue is absolutely breathtaking! We booked this venue before it was even completed which was risky, but the end results were above and beyond our expectations. There were some communication and... Read More organizational issues from time to time leading up to the wedding BUT keep in mind that we booked this when they were just starting out and before the venue was complete. They were still working out some kinks and getting into the swing of things. About a month before the wedding they provided a shared spreadsheet for us to fill out which I think would've helped these issues from the beginning. I believe they have everything (i.e. contracts, spreadsheets, informational documents) online now so in my opinion they've made great changes to help with the issues that we encountered. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and the staff at VVF was there to ensure everything went just as we planned. We would HIGHLY recommend this venue, especially to anyone who is looking for a gorgeous place that you can DIY your dream wedding. You can let your imagination run wild and create your perfect day! It's been 4 months since our wedding and everyone still talks about how amazing it was and how much they loved the venue. Thank you Valley View Farm for such a memorable day!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Lauren P

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Valley View in early October 2017 and it was everything we had hoped it would be! The venue is stunning and beautifully rustic with unbeatable nature views and an unmatched atmosphere! The owner and her staff are great to work with... Read More and we both would highly suggest this amazing place-thank you all so much for making our day the best! : )

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Micaella F

My husband and I got married last month at Valley View Farm. The venue itself is beautiful and vast- we had our ceremony in the field under the old hickory tree, followed by our cocktail reception in the pavilion and our reception indoors. Sue and David were open to most, if not... Read More all of our requests, and we were thankful for their help setting up. Also, they did a fantastic job packing everything up for our pickup the next morning. I had very specific plans in mind, and they allowed my every wish to come to life! It was the most perfect day of our lives and we have VVF and staff to thank! Highly recommend this gorgeous venue!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Grace E

Valley View Farm is amazing! I had my wedding on September 3, 2017. It poured during my ceremony but Sue and the team made sure the pavilion looked beautiful!!! The barn and patio are gorgeous and the love nest where the bride gets ready is so die for!!! We had such a perfect... Read More wedding day and are so grateful for Sue, David and the whole team at Valley View Farm. If you are trying to find a wedding venue, look no further this place is hands down the best!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Michelle S

We could not have asked for a more beautiful venue, having our fall wedding at Valley View was a dream come true. Sue and David love their property and it shows in the care they put into every detail of maintaining the grounds and making sure everything is picture perfect. Any... Read More guest we talked to could not get over how beautiful the farm was and we were so lucky to be married there, we wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Kat E

Valley View Farm could not have been more perfect for our wedding. The team at VVF made sure everything was just as we had planned and they pulled it all off with a calm and pleasant presence. We were lucky enough that our dream of being married by the gorgeous hickory tree came... Read More true. But, we so appreciated that Suzy and Dave were tracking the radar and had a beautiful plan B at the ready if mother nature hadn't been so kind. Our guests were simply awed by the farm and we couldn't have imagined a better space to gather all of our loved ones together in one place. With the Lovenest for hair/makeup prep, the tree for our ceremony site, the sunflower patch and old truck for photos, the patio and covered pavilion for cocktails, the yellow barn for dinner and dancing, and the fire pits for late night mingling and S'mores -- we really couldn't dream up a more perfectly planned venue for our wedding. We know VVF will be THE place to get married in the Valley so count yourself among the lucky if you book with them.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Sarah W

Where do I begin? We had our wedding at Valley View Farm on August 18, 2017. From start to finish this venue was just amazing. As a busy and stressed out Bride, it was a blessing to know that my venue was on top of their game. Sue, one of the owners responds to emails extremely... Read More quickly, answers all of your questions, and goes above and beyond to make your experience memorable. The farm itself, the barn, and pavilion are STUNNING! My country wedding dream come true. All of our guests commented on just how awesome and beautiful of a venue it was. It was worth every penny. Our wedding day unfortunately was rainy, but the event staff at Valley View Farm did everything they could to make it just as amazing. They were there to hand us umbrellas, dry things off, and Sue's husband was out on the patio and pavilion with a blower trying to dry it off before our ceremony. They have really thought of every little detail to make the venue authentic, rustic, and beautiful. During our planning process Sue met with us on several occasions so we could take notes, walk around the space, and work on decorations. We even took our engagement photos on the farm this past winter. I can't say enough positive things about our experience. We would highly recommend Valley View Farm to anyone looking for that country farm feel at their wedding. It will forever hold a special place in our hearts!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Samantha T

Sue and her husband and everyone else that was a part of making this beautiful venue and our wedding day possible made our day better than we could have ever imagined. My husband and I had the time of our lives with family and friends inside the beautiful yellow barn. Friends... Read More and family cannot stop talking about the gorgeous view on top of the hill and the details and furniture you will see that Sue put so much of her heart and style into. You get the best of both worlds if you have your wedding here. A gorgeous outdoor ceremony under the pavilion and a beautiful reception inside a restored barn is everything we could have ever wanted for our wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Mary W

We love playing weddings at the beautiful Valley View Farm! It's a gorgeous setting for us to be part of ceremony, cocktails, dinner, and/or dancing and we love working with the staff. A great choice for a wedding site!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Judy L

I am the mother of the bride Maura S who wrote a review on 8/2. I agree with all she said and all the rave reviews written so far. I cannot recommend VVF highly enough for any festive occasion anytime of the year. Suzy and David have created a very special place with so many... Read More unexpected options that make it unique. There are many spaces to have the ceremony. We chose under the hickory tree in the field but the Pavilion is also a great choice. It is covered, has a lovely breeze and views and nice touches such as ceiling to floor romantic white drapes at the pillars. The renovated barn is exceptionally appointed. We had 175 guests who comfortably ate and then danced. The bathrooms are lovely and clean. The bar is beautiful and placed well. The upstairs "lovenest" is a fantastic place for getting ready, using as a quiet space or photo booth. What hasn't been noted is that there are two houses on the property available for rent which is a game changer because the entire wedding party stayed on site in the houses and some camped on the lawn, celebrating (quietly) around a firepit until dawn. Suzy, David and their staff are warm, friendly, professional and you feel they are there to help you have the best event ever - and they did. Bravo!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Virginia B

On July 29, 2017 I got to take everything that I love about Western Mass (to name a few: sunsets, smells, crickets, stars and smores by the fire, our favorite tacos from Mission Cantina…) all my ideas for the most beautiful, succulent-filled artsy shabby chic wedding I could... Read More muster and I got to marry the woman of my dreams all at Valley View Farm. Starting with the owners, Sue and David, they are warm and loving and when they say they want this to be the beginning of our relationship with the farm, I think they mean it! They were responsive, warm and kind and they have an awesome can-do attitude. The day-of crew was on it – they nailed it! They are both professional, sentimental and straight up know what they’re doing. All of our guests remarked that this wedding was the most beautiful and fun wedding they had EVER been to. The space is truly magical and the people special. I highly, highly recommend this venue for your wedding day.

2017-08-04T08:18:51 Response from the vendor

We love their tacos too! :) thank you for your review. You were wonderful to work with and we are so happy it was a magical day for all! Come back soon!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Maura S

"Dreamy!" "Amazing!" "The best wedding ever!" "Gorgeous venue!" were some of the words I received from guests at my wedding at Valley View Farm. Those words echo my feelings about the space and about the wonderful venue owners and staff. We had an incredible experience working... Read More with Suzy and her husband David. They have created a magical space for celebrations of all kinds. They are so passionate about what they have created and this is evident in their work. We held our wedding ceremony under the hickory tree, which was extraordinary. David mowed a path through the beautiful fields so that guests could walk comfortably but feel emersed in the beautiful pasture. -We then had cocktail hour under the outdoor pavilion and on the patio. There are so many beautiful details that make the space so elegant and enjoyable. Suzy and David have many farm tables, wine barrels, and other pieces that can be moved around in any desired arrangement for your liking. -We then had the reception (dinner and dancing) inside the yellow barn, a gorgeous space that made all (including all city folk) feel comfortable and enamored by the beautiful beams of this restored barn. They allowed us to add decorations of all kinds to personalize the space. -They worked really well with us, our families, our wedding coordinator, photographer, etc. theoughout the process. -Throughout the whole planning process, Suzy and David were friendly, easily reachable, and open to our ideas. They are approachable, and even though this space is their passion, they seemed thrilled whenever we suggested something that was a bit different or new. For example, they have a beautiful attic "love nest" in the barn that we used for a place for the bridal party to get ready. We also suggested using it as a photo booth space during the reception. Suzy and David fully supported this idea and helped us set up for it. Our guests were completely wowed by this beautiful room and we were so glad to share it with them. Suzy and David pay close attention to detail and are incredibly accommodating! For example, we mentioned that we would like a chuppah, which is a Jewish tradition involving 4 people holding 4 birch poles during the ceremony. Suzy and David offered these poles to us through two options. They offered us birch poles that would be physically held up by 4 people and poles that had iron rods at the bottom so that they could be free standing. They also mentioned cutting the poles to any length we desired. This is one of the many examples showing how thoughtful and considerate they are. -Suzy and David wanted to help us fulfill our vision of our wedding. The whole experience surpassed anything we had dreamed of. We cannot recommend this venue more highly. It was a truly spectacular experience.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Anna B

Sue, David, and the whole team at Valley View made our wedding weekend the most incredible event I could have imagined. Better than I could have imagined! From my first conversation with Sue nearly a year in advance, she "got" the vision my husband and I were trying to create,... Read More provided great ideas and support, was receptive to all of our requests, and helped us find our list of vendors. Planning a wedding from the other side of the country - Sue welcomed us to the farm any time we were in town, to plan, get familiar with her space, and prepare for our wedding. Leading up to the actual day, Sue, David, and the whole Valley View team worked tirelessly to make sure every detail we'd discussed was ready - despite several last-minute changes, even of our ceremony site! Throughout the whole experience, my husband, our families, and I knew our celebration and joy were first and foremost for the Valley View team. Sue and David, from building the most wonderful venue, to supporting our planning, to cutting huppah poles (and then re-cutting huppah poles), to last minute candle supplies, to lighting and tending bonfires - you put up with anything we threw your way, improved upon our ideas, and most of all, ensured the best wedding I could imagine. For anyone reading this - if you want a beautiful farm aesthetic without sacrificing on your comfort (or the comfort of your guests) you'd be crazy not to go for Valley View!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Mike W

We could not be happier with our wedding day experience at Valley View Farm. We got married outside under the big oak tree on an absolutely perfect day. We used the breezy covered pavilion for our cocktail hour and moved into the yellow barn for dinner. We chose VVF in large... Read More part because of the flexibility it offered with the multiple venues on the farm. Every venue on the farm is beautiful, and we had peace of mind knowing that even if we couldn't hold the ceremony under the tree as we wanted (due to weather), we could divert to the covered pavilion or even into the barn (in a total weather disaster) without compromising the look/feel we wanted for our wedding. We received compliments all day about how great the venue looked, but we spent less than $100 on decorations. In my opinion, VVF is constantly "wedding-ready" like a new house or apartment would be "move-in-ready" -- not much dressing up required at all. Our wedding had 120 guests (98 adults and 22 kids), and all fit in the barn comfortably, even with dance floor space. There is also ample space outdoors with the pavilion, patio, and fields -- the kids at our wedding had plenty of space to be kids. Working with Sue and David was a great experience -- when we got married in early July 2017, VVF was just getting started as a wedding venue and had only hosted a handful of weddings. Despite that, our whole experience was smooth from the beginning -- I'm sure it will only be further ironed out as they put on more weddings and cement their process -- a process which for us was highly personal from touring the venue to loading out on wedding day. We had total flexibility to choose our vendors, and all of VVF's vendor policies were reasonable. Many wedding venues we considered were so set in their policies that it felt like we would have been buying a "cookie-cutter" package. We felt that the Valley View Farm experience was totally the opposite, and we are grateful to have had the opportunity to put together a wedding that was customized/tailored toward our personalities and preferences. Without reservation, I would recommend Valley View Farm to any couple in search of a wedding ceremony and/or reception venue. We could not have asked or hoped for a more perfect wedding day, and Valley View Farm was the main attraction (besides us, of course).

2017-07-31T13:51:21 Response from the vendor

So much to love about your day! We are thrilled that you were one of the firsts to hold their ceremony and reception at VVF. We loved the invitations you produced and are so happy that it ended up a direct reflection of your ceremony... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Riley K

My husband and I celebrated our wedding at Valley View and it was AMAZING! I was looking for a rustic, charming venue where we could have an elegant, bohemian celebration and Valley View did not disappoint. The farm is truly special. From the historic charm to the unique bridal... Read More suite to the pavilion outside, we were just so impressed in every way. Sue and Dave considered every detail when designing the venue and it really shows. You and your guests will not be disappointed. Celebrate at Valley View!

2017-07-31T13:53:53 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review - it certainly was a beautiful mix of elegance with a bohemian vibe. Wonderful to work and celebrate with you!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017

We just returned from our honeymoon after celebrating our wedding at Valley View Farm in Haydenville. What a fabulous experience. The farm is simply gorgeous and our ceremony in the open pavilion was dreamy. Suzy and her staff went beyond the call of duty to add the final... Read More touches to my vision. All of our guests were wowed and so happy to join us there. There is a relaxed fun vibe that can be felt that you drive up the hill and arrive. There's something about this destination that brings people together. I couldn't have been happier or felt more grateful for finding this farm venue. I wanted rustic and classy and I found a touch of elegance that I've not seen anywhere else.

2017-07-19T12:48:55 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that you felt this way and that we could be part of witnessing your special day. Don't be a stranger - come back and visit! Thanks again for your kind words.

Meet The Director of Sales

Suzy Fortgang

Four generations in the wedding business, Suzy grew up in New York City on Park Avenue. Her husband, David grew up on a working farm. Together they have created a secluded destination wedding venue where his rustic meets her sophisticated elegance.