Van Cleve Pavilion

The Van Cleve Pavilion features exclusive designers for brides, accessories, bridesmaids and mothers. Our dedicated and attentive staff provide an outstanding full service bridal experience. Customizations, on-site alterations and cleaning/restoration also available.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

1604 East Lancaster Avenue, Paoli, PA (610) 647-5085

The BEST & Most Fabulous Wedding Shop in the Philadelphia Area!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Emily W

The Wedding Pavilion at Van Cleve is an absolute one-stop shop for all-things bridal. My experience with Deborah and Abby was nothing short of perfect--the day I bought my dress was everything I ever dreamed it would be. Deborah and Abby were supportive, encouraging and, most... Read More importantly, we had so much fun! Their selection of wedding dresses is incredible; a wide range of designers, styles and silhouettes, and ALL of the dresses are just breathtakingly beautiful. Both Deborah and Abby were extremely knowledgeable about each dress and its designer. They were prepared with silhouettes that would look best on my body, while also allowing me the time to browse the dresses and choose any that I wanted to try. The moment I found my dress was magical, and I am so excited to return to Van Cleve for my first fitting! Most of all, I can't wait for my future husband to see me in the dress of my dreams!! Go Van Cleve or go home, ladies!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Rachel C

The Wedding Pavilion at Van Cleve is so much more than a bridal salon! The whole process from trying on dresses, to saying yes to the dress, to alterations was fantastic! The staff are absolutely incredible, especially Abby, Ashley, and Vera, they are so genuine and shared in... Read More the excitement of the whole wedding process. Abby is an incredible resource! She was not only professional, organized, and kind but also responsive to email, detail oriented, and made the experience fun and full of joy! The first time I went to Van Cleve, Abby asked me what I was looking for, when I responded with strapless, sweetheart neckline, buttons all the way down the back to the floor, and fitted but with some volume simultaneously...she had the perfect dress that some how fit each element I loved! I not only bought my Anna Maier wedding dress at Van Cleve, but also my rehearsal dinner dress, and accessories including a custom made necklace to match earrings I already owned by their jewelry vendor Sara Gabriel. Go to Van Cleve, you'll find the perfect dress and have a wonderful experience!

Found the dress of my dreams!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Lacey S

I highly recommend The Wedding Pavilion at Van Cleve. Get ready for excellent customer service as well as a wide selection of dresses to chose from!They have dresses of all styles as well as all different price ranges! I (like everyone) tried a chain wedding shop and had a... Read More horrible experience. After having such a negative experience, my fiance and I tried The Wedding Pavilion. We fell in love instantly. The staff was so nice and made you feel extremely comfortable! They were also very welcoming that it was a same sex marriage! My fiance and I both found our dresses here!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kelly M

GREAT EXPERIENCE! I purchased our bridesmaid dresses, mother of the bride dress, and veil here. Ashley was extremely helpful when I was looking for my bridesmaid dresses. I gave her an idea of what I was looking for and she gave me a ton of great options to choose from.... Read More Everyone was very helpful as well when looking for my veil and mother of the bride dress. My mom ended up finding a beautiful dress, and I found the perfect veil. I bought my dress at a different bridal salon, but they had my same dress in stock and allowed me to try it on while looking for a veil. They were extremely accommodating and made it such a great experience for me and my girls. I would absolutely recommend Van Cleve to anyone who is looking for dresses and accessories for their wedding!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Caitlin C

I think I should start off by first saying I absolutely loved my dress. It was stunning & the seamtress did an amazing job with my train! Also I am not a difficult person nor do I ever really write reviews but this is an exception. I wanted to warn any bride so no one would have... Read More to go through the horrible experience I went through. When I first got my dress, it was at the old Van Cleve building, a girl named Maddie helped me there who left shortly after that. She assured me everything would be fine and the dress would be perfect. She was right about the dress. And she ordered the dress in the perfect size and I hardly had to have any adjustments made! The day finally came for me to try on my dress for the first time since it was ordered. We were “helped” by the woman with the terrible bowl cut. I do not have self-esteem issues but this woman made me question myself. I put on my dress for the first time as my mother waited in the room behind the curtain. Bowl cut helped me into my dress but then stared at me not smiling and not frowning. Just staring. I waited for a simple “its pretty” or “well that’s a nice dress”. Nothing. She did blink though- that’s how I determined she was not a robot. As the curtain opened, my mom screamed how beautiful I looked. Thank god cause I thought something was seriously wrong. My mother asked what size the dress was and bowl cut told her promptly and snippily, “check the tag” to my mother. I’m sorry but how rude can you be? This was a horrifying experience. I am not going to go into detail about the other episodes I had there but rather I’ll give you tid bits of something I had happen there. I went for a fitting and had issues with the seamstress. I called to complain and asked to come back for another fitting and asked that Deborah or this other blonde woman be there. They assured me they could do that and were very apologetic. When I went back for the re-fit, neither Deborah or blonde later where there. They gave me some other girl because apparently they don’t really care that much. I felt like a greasy car sales man sold me a car, got my money, and then after that it was no longer needed. Next, I got a phone call with a voicemail confirming my appointment time and when I showed up at the time on the voicemail I was told my appointment was an hour prior to that and that I was late. I played the voicemail for the woman at the front desk and she continued to argue with me even after hearing the voicemail from her coworker confirming the time and the place. The icing on the cake was when bowl cut chased me out of the building accusing me of not paying for my fitting into the parking lot. Like I said, I loved my dress and ended up really loving the seamtress there but I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. I found my dress somewhere else for $500 more and if I could go back I’d pay more for my dress to just never have to dealt with all this. If your not a mainline robot, you will be treated like a dog. As a bride, no one should be treated that way..

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Kathleen Z

I had an amazing experience here, although I did not find my dress here it was absolutely lovely. Great shop, HUGE space for trying on, BEAUTIFUL dresses, and great service! They have a lot of choices too. I am plus size and they had plenty of options. I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Jacklyn C

This place was one time shop! I had been all over the place 5 places in one day and I had heard about this place through a friend and I called and they could take me so onto store number 6 honestly having a slim hope that I would find my dress. As soon as I walked in and was... Read More greeted I knew I would find something. The place was spacious, clean, elegant and you had your own room with chairs a changing room and they offered you chocolates, water and champagne. The entire staff was amazing they did not rush me they took their time and listened to what I wanted. I tried on my dress I fell in love instantly, I got everything I want and more. I was able to customized my dress to how I wanted it and it was very affordable which I did not expect. It was an amazing store and I will always remember this memory of getting my dress and becoming a Van Cleve Bride.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Rebekah M

I got the most beautiful wedding dress here and I couldn't be happier. They have an incredible selection of gorgeous dresses including high end designers and hard to find dresses. I wanted a dress from Willowby by Watters or WTOO by Watters and they carried both. I tried on... Read More several dresses and they were so helpful. The facility itself is breathtaking and the on-site seamstress is absolutely fantastic. I had lost about 20 lbs. from the time I first tried on my dress and she altered the dress so that you couldn't even tell how much it had been taken in. I received so many compliments on my beautiful wedding dress. Couldn't have been happier with my experience here!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Celine S

I honestly cannot say enough nice things about my amazing experience at Van Cleve, especially with my stylist, Ashley! It was so incredibly wonderful and exceeded all my expectations in ways I didn’t think possible. From the moment I walked in the very first time to the moment I... Read More finally said, “yes” to the dress, Ashley has been more helpful, accommodating and supportive than I could have ever imagined a stylist to be. I could go on and on and on about how much I love Van Cleve. I felt like a princess during the fittings, was so comfortable with the entire staff, and overall knew from the beginning that no matter what, I wanted to buy my dress there simply because of how wonderful they were. My interactions at Van Cleve left such a lasting impression. Thank you, Ashley, and the entire Van Cleve staff for being so exceptional and friendly. It really has made a difference and your hard work definitely shows. I highly encourage brides, bridesmaids, mother of the brides, etc. to head to Van Cleve. You will not be disappointed - I guarantee it.

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Renee S

I had such an amazing experience saying yes to the dress at Van Cleve! Abby was amazing to work with and I couldn't imagine buying my gown anyplace else!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Amy M

I had a wonderful experience at the Wedding Pavilion. The staff is friendly and helpful, and they have a huge selection of beautiful dresses! I will be returning soon to look for bridesmaid dresses for my girls.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Allison P

love love love. I wish I hadn't scheduled any other appointments.  It was my first time shopping and Anna and Abby were so helpful. After falling in love with 2 dresses, we went to 2 different shops in the area. Anna made us an appointment for later in the day after the other 2... Read More appointments so that I could come back and try on the first 2 dresses again. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful and not at all pushy. Great selection too! Would recommend to anyone looking for a bridal gown.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Pamela B

I found the most perfect dress for my fairy tale day at the Wedding Pavilion at Van Cleve! Vera did an incredible job altering my dress and we always received fantastic service when we were in the salon. My mom and I were able to choose a dress in less than 2 hours by giving... Read More Anna very limited input on what I was looking for and I received tons of compliments on the dress. The selection was huge and pricing was very reasonable! I didn't want to take my dress off when the wedding ended!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Alexa M

My experience at The Wedding Pavilion was everything I had hoped for! This is my very first stop for the search for my wedding dress and it ended up being the only one I would make! I was nervous going into it as i am a curvy women and thought that there wouldn't be a lot of... Read More dresses that would look good on me but boy was I wrong. Jolene, my consultant, made me feel so comfortable and there was an endless amount of designers and dresses to choose from. Jolene was so awesome as she listened very carefully to what I was looking for and even pushed me outside of my comfort zone to try on gowns that I never envisioned myself even trying on. I never felt pressured to try something on and Jolene was very conscious about my budget. I was almost positive that I had found the perfect dress but said I wanted to sleep on it and everyone was very respectful of my decision. It turned out that I didn't need a day to think about it, I found myself back in the store 3 hours later buying the dress! I would highly recommenced The Wedding Pavilion to any bride looking for a an amazing selection of dresses at even more amazing prices with great customer service. Thank you to everyone at Van Cleve, espeically Jolene!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Jen S

I went to 4 places before finding The Wedding Pavilion, but I wish I had found it first!! They have a HUGE selection of dresses that range in price. The consultants are not pushy at all, they made the experience incredible, and truly wanted you to find your perfect dress. My... Read More bridal party also got the dresses from The Wedding Pavilion. From start to finish, working with The Wedding Pavilion was a great experience!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Andi R

Love love love Van Cleve! They were amazing! I bought by dress, my bridesmaids dresses and I also had my alterations done at Van Cleve. I especially want to thank Mehtap who did my alterations. She was so amazing to work with and made my dress fit perfectly for my big day. Thank... Read More you Van Cleve for everything! XOXO

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Beth M

I found my dream wedding dress at Van Cleve Wedding Pavilion, and had amazing experience trying on many dresses. Then I went in for the fittings... At the first fitting, my dress was loose except around the bust area, which fit great. The seamstress, Maytop, grabbed my love... Read More handles and said "other than this FAT, it looks good". Then at the end she said "at least your arms are really big so they will hold up the dress". She also said it was a little loose around the stomach area, but I asked her not to touch it in case I fluctuated in weight by the next fitting. She assured me she wouldn't. I left and cried in my car before heading home, because I felt like I was overweight and fat. For a visual, I am a 33DD and wear size 2-4 jeans. I showed up at my second fitting 3 pounds lighter than my first fitting and the stomach area was so tight! It also pinched me at the top of my ribs on both sides, and I know I wasn't any bigger there. The fit didn't make any sense bc she swore she hasn't altered it there (after I reminded her that I had previously asked her not to)but I know she took it in. She had also added breast cups that were padded push-ups instead of the original thin ones she had used at first fitting. She told me the cups were fine and that she knew and I didn't (they made me look ridiculous)...and then told me to promise her I would lose weight before the wedding (only 3 weeks away!!). I left and drove home crying...again. After speaking to the owner, for the third fitting I was put with Vera, who was very nice to work with. It was obvious that Maytop had taken in my dress too much and that there was barely any fabric to let it out the appropriate amount. She seemed afraid to say anything when the owner asked her "We didn't alter this part, did we?". She couldn't even make eye contact when she answered, "no". Vera did what she could and let it out about 1/4", which helped a little but was still uncomfortably tight, wasn't flattering, and it had a huge gape below the bust because they had to take out any cups to make the body fit somewhat ok. The dress was completely different than what it was supposed to be. I was close to tears and was focusing on not crying the entire appointment because I hated how the dress made me look. In the end, I counted my losses but I was upset every day up to and including my wedding day. It went from being my dream dress to making me feel unattractive and fat. My photos and videos from the day are further proof (especially to close friends and family) that I was uncomfortable and close to tears over feeling ugly on the day of my wedding. I can't believe I spent almost $5,000 to have their alterations department ruin a dress and then lie about it. Go to the Wedding Pavilion to pick out your dress, they are amazing and made me feel so beautiful. I just wish their alterations department hadn't ruined it. In talking to other friends I was amazed at how many brides/bridesmaids/customers said almost exactly the same thing- that the stores merchandise was amazing but the service and alterations were awful and that they had bad experiences. I was extremely excited about my dress when I bought it and I will forever regret using the alterations department at Van Cleve. Don't let them ruin you feeling beautiful on your wedding day! Buy a gorgeous dress there but take it somewhere else for alterations!

2016-07-09T17:03:00 Response from the vendor

May I start by saying that you were a beautiful bride, we shared your photo because we thought you looked so lovely ...I am glad you had a wonderful experience in our bridal salon. On the other hand, I am devastated that you have so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Christine D

What I loved: The dress, the alterations, the attention to detail and service, great value, great people to work with. Helpful hints: When I went to the Wedding Pavilion, I believe their price range was $1,000 to $10,000. They had many gorgeous dresses on the low end of that... Read More range. Gorgeous and expensive looking. Don’t skip this place if you are in the $1-2K range. When you go, show them your pin boards of dresses. Even if they don’t have any of them, they’ll put you in great dresses that fit your style. Go with the in house alterations if you can afford it and ask for Vera. I’d personally recommend getting accessories (headpieces, sashes, jewelry) on Etsy to save money so that you can use it towards alterations. Ask about trunk shows in case you can get a discount on your dress by buying at a certain time. Review: Annmarie was great to work with, and she put me in the dress of my dreams, UNDER budget – I could even throw in the veil with what was left of the dress budget. The very first dress I tried was the one, but I wanted to try more just to be sure, so she put me in quite a few others that were just as beautiful and flattering, and within my relatively modest budget. Compared to another area bridal salon with dresses in the same price range, the dresses at the Wedding Pavilion felt much more expensive and dreamy. I could have picked any of at least five different dresses that day and been more than happy with them, but I ended up going with the one that was truly me. Annmarie knew it all along, but still there was no pressure to buy. And they let you take pictures! I considered going elsewhere for the alterations, because it was a bit pricy for my budget, but ended up going in-house with the Wedding Pavilion because I’d read good reviews, I was under budget for the purchase of the dress, the alteration price was a set price for just about anything you wanted to have done, and it was convenient to do everything there. I was not disappointed. If you get your alterations done at the Wedding Pavilion, I recommend Vera. She is meticulous, and she knew what I wanted without me even having to say – she just has a great eye. In one appointment, a different seamstress had to put me in my gown initially, and I didn’t like where she placed my sash. Vera came in and immediately fixed it, without me having to say a word. She is also very nice – I had a friend bring her toddler to a fitting, and Vera just rolled with it. She chatted with my friends and seemed genuinely excited for me. She helped me get the dress into the car when I picked it up and told me what to do to keep it from wrinkling. She knows her stuff, and will make your dress fit like a glove. I’m the kind of person who constantly tugs up strapless dresses, but I never once had to adjust my strapless wedding gown – it fit so perfectly.

Great selection, amazing staff!

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Tisha T

I bought my dress, a Pronovius gown, in February. Ann Marie was so helpful and informative through the process, and was able to find the perfect accessories (veil & crystal belt) to complete the look! I had several alteration sessions with Vera in the fall, and she was amazing!... Read More My dress had to be taken in significantly, and her alterations made it look custom made to fit me! Through the fitting process, I also found a great faux fur shrug that came in handy as it got pretty chilly on my big day! Overall, I had a great experience getting my dress through Van Cleve & would highly recommend to others!

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Ashley F

Abby was awesome. She listened to what I had in mind and found a dress I really love. I can't wait for my fitting to see it again

Best bridal salon experience ever!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Christine E

I made one appointment after visiting several bridal salons in the area and found Van Cleve to provide everything I was looking for - a beautiful bridal boutique with class and elegance. They have highly professional and skilled bridal consultants who are very down to earth and... Read More provide excellent customer service. They provide affordable and very luxurious bridal gowns for every budget. Ann Marie and Abby were patient with me, included my guests in the shopping experience, and made me feel at ease buying one of the most pivotal pieces to my wedding. I insisted on buying my 8 bridesmaid gowns here too because I loved their approach and think they did it better than any other shop around.

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Katelyn M

Maddie was the BIGGEST help with my bridesmaids and helping me find my dress everyone was sooo helpful and amazing with listening to my ideas and what I wanted and pictured myself in on the big day, and I found my dream dress thanks to their help! Everyone there is absolutely... Read More amazing!!

great experience

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Hillary G

Abby was my dress consultant at Van Cleve when I tried on bridal dresses for my wedding. She was great - not pushy, totally listened to me and what I was looking for and kept my budget in mind. The alterations for my dress were actually $250 cheaper at a store about 5 miles... Read More down the road from Van Cleve but I ended up buying the dress from Abby and agreeing to the higher price because I liked working with her so much. I highly recommend Van Cleve, but Abby in particular!

Highly recommended bridal shop!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Kimberly L

I purchased my Cassablanca gown and jewelry from the Wedding Pavilion. The shop had a great selection of bridal gowns. The podium, mirrors and lighting allow you to really appreciate how you look in the dress. The staff were more than accommodating, honest, and had great... Read More advice. Their prices were reasonable and I took advantage of their great jewelry sale to accessorize. My wedding is not until April, but I am looking forward to working with the girls. I have been to other bridal shops, but I would most highly recommend the Wedding Pavilion at Van Cleve!

Bridal Gown and appointment

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Katie W

I found my bridal gown online and while searching where to find it, Van Cleve was the first name to appear. I called asking if they had this gown and was told by Ann Marie that it would arrive in a few weeks. She offered to call me when it arrived and took down my information,... Read More including all other dresses I was interested in trying. I received a call a few days later saying the dress had arrived and I immediately made an appointment! They allowed me to take make appointments on two different days until I confirmed which day worked better for me and my guests. When my appointment day finally arrived, I was treated as if I was the only customer there, although someone was waiting for their appointment. Ann Marie was absolutely wonderful, offering advice and insights but not being pushy. She even let me try on the two dresses I narrowed it down to again to help me make my decision! I usually am not a decisive person, but was when it came to my wedding dress, with the help of Ann Marie. She made my dress shopping day exactly what I dreamt it would be! With her help, I chose the original dress I called for. I had such a wonderful experience with Van Cleve and Ann Marie and would recommend their salon 100%! Proud to be a Van Cleve Bride!