Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Waxing, Spas, Tanning, Beauty

33 Deer street, Portsmouth, NH (603) 430-8689

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Lauren B

If I could give more than 5 stars I would! This salon is truly AMAZING! They were able to handle hair & makeup for my January 2017 wedding and were even able to accommodate last minute additions the day of. It didn't matter what photo my bridesmaids and mothers showed them,... Read More they were able to recreate and everyone looked absolutely stunning. I cannot recommend enough for brides looking in the NH area!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Katy D

Vanity was an awesome place for my bridal party! I got married at the Sheraton on NYE 2016, and I picked Vanity based only on location, but I am so glad I did! The salon was awesome! They were so easy to work with for scheduling, which was key since I was an out-of-state bride.... Read More They were very understanding and accommodating to any and all changes. All of my bridesmaids got their hair and makeup done, as well as both moms. My mom, who doesn’t let anyone touch her hair, changed her mind after seeing Kendra do my hair. Kendra was amazing! And Elizabeth, the manager, adjusted our schedule flawlessly. Despite these changes, we never felt rushed and go out of the salon perfectly on time. Cody did all of the airbrush makeup, and he was fantastic. He made me feel truly beautiful on my wedding day. The salon was also a great environment for a bridal party. They had coffee, tea, and plenty of mimosas ready for us, plus they let us bring in our own snacks so we wouldn’t be starving during pictures later. I highly recommend Vanity to anyone getting married in the area, or to anyone just looking for a fantastic stylist. My mom is actually going to change salons after our experience!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Kristen D

Vanity Hair Studio was an amazing vendor to work with. They were professional, fun and knew exactly what myself and bridesmaids were looking for. They planned everything down from the timing for us and I could not have asked for anything more. How they scheduled myself, mom,... Read More mother-in-law and six bridesmaids, was a miracle to me. Allie worked with me to get my hair how I wanted it (she was awesome!) and they were able to transform my mom's hair from ringlet curls (lots of hair, lots of curls) to a beautiful half up-half down hairstyle. Everyone's hair lasted from 9am-10pm and my make-up was still looking good the next morning. Cody was the icing on the cake, he was hilarious and I absolutely loved everything he did for my makeup. This was the kind of place you go in and if you know what they want, they make it happen. If you are unsure, they offer suggestions that are flattering and though you might not think of them, they know how to range your style. I can not say enough amazing things about Vanity. I highly recommend them to anyone getting married in the Portsmouth area.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Beth C

Very disappointing experience! Half of my wedding party was scheduled for 9am, while myself and the other half were scheduled for 10am. I rushed through setting up my wedding reception to be there on time, only to get there and sit around for OVER AN HOUR waiting for them to... Read More start on me as they were still busy working on a different wedding party. By the time they started on my hair, I could already feel that my stylist was feeling rushed . Although I had a trial with her, she didn't remember what I wanted so I showed her the picture we had taken that day. It was looking quite messy, so I had to ask her to fix it and kept showing her the photo from my trial hoping she could make it look like it was supposed to. It never got to where I wanted it to be, and we ran out of time as I needed to have my makeup done. When my makeup was done, I went back to my stylist to secure it better because I could see it wasn't holding. Although it didn't end up looking nearly as good as it did for the trial, it seemed to be "ok" enough. However, within a half hour of leaving the salon it was already falling out because it was barely being held together with hair pins instead of bobby pins (bobby pins were used for the hair trial, and it held very well). I had no time to go back to fix it, and my entire day consisted of people following me around trying to fix it, and put back in the hair pins that were falling out. Everyone was trying to make it look presentable before each picture. My decorative hair piece was not secured in my hair at all and kept falling out. It simply needed a couple of bobby pins to secure it in place, which my MOH ended up doing, but the fact that nothing was done correctly or carefully was extremely frustrating. This was my experience, as the bride. The rest of my wedding party all felt rushed and that they weren't being listened to for what they wanted. Only 2 of 6 were actually happy with their hair or the service they received. One was appalled at the fact that her stylist kept dropping bobby pins on the floor (which was covered in DOG HAIR, from the owners dog who is always in the salon) and then would pick them up and just put them in her hair. She also was holding bobby pins in her mouth before putting them in her hair. The mother of the bride had a picture of her own hair (a style that had she had done to it herself just weeks before), and was told "that's impossible". Not sure how that's impossible if it was done to her hair a couple weeks before. Nothing has changed with her hair! They simply didn't express any creative energy or effort and were just in a hurry to push through the wedding party. They essentially did whatever they wanted and was faster, as opposed to what the client was asking for. They had overbooked themselves and my bridal party suffered the consequences. Even more upsetting is that I posted a shortened version of this review to their Facebook page several days ago, and they didn't even acknowledge it or contact me to try to smooth things over. Instead they employed their friends and family to post counter-reviews to try to offset it, and made sure to "like" those posts - without ever acknowledging my concerns. My two star review of them on Facebook, has since been downgraded to a one star review here, as I would have expected that they contact me to at least apologize. Instead they took a passive aggressive and extremely unprofessional approach. Would never recommend Vanity Hair Studio.

Good Choice

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Janine M

My hair came out more than perfect. The experience of bringing my bridal party to this salon for hair and makeup was amazing. Some of my bridesmaids were disappointed with their hair, but my bridesmaids were ill prepared. None of them brought photos of what they wanted. My eye... Read More makeup was a little darker than what they gave me on my trial. When I said I thought it was too dark they said it would be good for pictures. It was fine in pictures, but i still wish it were a little lighter.That is my only regret. I think they did a great job overall, but if you prefer less makeup, be more stern than I was.

wedding hair and make up

Reviewed on 8/13/2012 Rachel A

The girls from Vanity were fantastic!! They came right on time to our hotel room and were efficient and flawless. There were 8 girls needing work done, so we had Ingrid, Lindsay, and Heidi from the studio come by. Lindsay did my hair and she spent time making sure it was... Read More perfect for the big day. Everyone loved the quality provided for their hair styles and Ingrid did a fantastic job with the makeup! Everyone was professional and wonderful to work with!

Great experience with hair and make up!

Reviewed on 10/06/2010 Julie S

I scheduled a fairly last minute (about a week before) appointment for my hair to be done for my wedding at Vanity Hair studio based on reviews I saw online. Living in another state makes it difficult to come in for hair trials, etc. so I felt like I was sort of winging it. I... Read More brought with me a photo of how I wanted my hair and the girls at Vanity were spot on with my half up style. I was very pleased with how my hair looked and the style held ALL day AND night! While I was there Ingrid offered to do my make up and I took her up on the offer. I'm so glad I did. She did a fabulous job and she really did a great job matching my skin tone and using colors that complimented my face and also my fall-ish wedding colors. The make up held all day, photographed great and was natural enough that it showed up in photos but didn't look overdone at all. I'm very pleased with the services at Vanity and I think I'll even have my cut and highlights done there when I am in the area and visiting!