VENUES Liberty Station

San Diego, CA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with VENUES Liberty Station

A BALLROOM IN SAN DIEGO, CA

VENUES Liberty Station in Point Loma is a historic wedding ceremony and reception location in San Diego, California. This venue originally served as the Naval Training Center for more than 75 years. Now the facility has been converted into several venue spaces that can accommodate indoor and outdoor weddings.

Corky McMillin Companies Event Centeris popular among brides and grooms. This historic library has vaulted ceilings and windows that allow for natural light. The Main Hall can seat 120 to 350 guests for a reception with dinner and dancing.

The North Chapel is non-denominational and has vaulted ceilings, a pipe organ, and stained-glass windows. The main sanctuary can accommodate up to 325 guests. There is an adjoining small sanctuary that seats up to 40 guests.

Luce Court and Fieldstone Legacy Plaza is a spacious outdoor space with gardens, palm trees, and a large fountain. Enjoy a ceremony or reception for up to 500 guests.

Barracks 17 Plazai s an outdoor quad between two buildings that can be used for a wedding ceremony or reception for up to 300 guests. The area is partially concealed, adding privacy, and includes market lighting.

Sybil Stockdale Rose Garden is an intimate courtyard of walkways around rose bushes and a small fountain. This outdoor space includes 1 grass lawn on either side & a small patio. It’s suitable for a wedding ceremony or reception for up to 150 guests.

North or South Promenade are large, open, grassy areas lined with pathways and trees. Each space is 75,000 square feet and can accommodate the entire wedding- ceremony to reception- for up to 500 guests.

Booking requires a non-refundable deposit (50% down) & contract to confirm a venue reservation. The facility requires general liability insurance and property damage insurance from a licensed California business.

The bride and groom must use vendors from an approved list. The list includes pre-approved caterers, bar, rentals, and audiovisual vendors. Caterers provide all the linens and tableware needed and are responsible for their own setup and cleanup. All venues have a midnight event curfew and alcohol service ends one hour before the event ends.

No decorations can be attached to permanent structures. Any damages made will be billed accordingly. All setup and cleanup must be within the reserved rental time. If the event goes over the contracted length of time, the couple is billed an hourly late fee. No confetti, sparklers, helium balloons, or fog machines can be present.

Couples who plan a wedding ceremony and reception at the VENUES Liberty Station appreciate aspects of choosing the venue including:

• Event coordinator oversees your wedding and acts as the facility manager
  • Venue provides landscaped and historic backdrops for pictures
  • Free parking in a designated parking lot
  • Venue is just minutes from the airport
  • Hotels for out-of-town guests are nearby

Unique and Historic Indoor and Outdoor Weddings

VENUES Liberty Station offers incredible, historic surroundings at the former Naval Training Center in Sand Diego. Our unique location encompasses beautifully restored buildings & lush landscape, ideal for your intimate gathering or grand wedding. The 8 distinctive indoor & outdoor venues combine romantic ambiance and picturesque scenery. Choose from the banquet hall, several courtyards, multiple verdant promenades, and our chapel.

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Museum, Historic Venue, Park

2640 Historic Decatur Rd., Suite 101, San Diego, CA (619) 573-9312

Barracks 17 NTC Venue

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Sara L

Our wedding was at NTC Barracks 17, both the courtyard and indoor venue areas. The space is gorgeous and held our 100 guest wedding perfectly. Throughout our planning process we worked with Rebecca at NTC venues. Rebecca is simply fantastic!! She was so prompt and professional... Read More in answering all of our questions/concerns. On the day of our event we were provided with a facilities coordinator, Lauren, who worked with my wedding coordinator to ensure everything at the facility was running smoothly. We had a wonderful experience with this venue and would highly recommend NTC venues for your event; they are so organized and work well with all your vendors, you will not be disappointed!!

2014-10-29T09:56:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review Sara! Love you guys!!!

Great Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 7/18/2014 Jill T

NTC Barracks 17 was a perfect venue for our wedding! It was half indoor, half outdoor with plenty of room for out 125+ guests. NTC in general is beautiful for pictures as well! Very nice and professional staff, all around great experience.

Ambient & Historic

Reviewed on 6/05/2014 Brittany B

Not only is the NTC a really cool historic gem of San Diego but it boasts some really beautiful event spaces! From the water features to the beautiful landscaping and the historic buildings, this space is ideal for any type of event. The event staff at NTC is hard to beat -... Read More helpful, friendly and gracious. They will help you make any event a success. We do event planning and have had the experience of working with them on several occasions as a vendor and as a client and we will continue to!

2014-07-21T09:35:04 Response from the vendor

We had so much fun working with you to prepare for your wedding reception! Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with others who may be interested in NTC Venues for their special day! Wishing you both a life... Read Less Read More

The North Chapel

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Liana R

We had our Spanish themed wedding ceremony at The North Chapel on 8-15-15. It was beautiful and exactly what we envisioned for our day! You only get a 3 hour block of time to use the chapel, and I was worried since there was a wedding booked right before ours...but the staff at... Read More the chapel are very easy to communicate with and put me at ease by telling me the other couple had booked the smaller chapel rather than the main one we were using. The location is great since it's not too far from downtown and there's plenty of free parking for all your guests.

The perfect venue!

Reviewed on 3/07/2015 Corie K

We had our wedding at this venue on June 28, 2014! We are so grateful for Rebecca Duckworth's help in making our day perfect!!! The venue and her assistance were above and beyond what we expected going into this wedding experience. She always made us feel welcome, answered... Read More questions when we had them, and was so accommodating and sweet! And of course she provided us with a building that fit our event perfectly. It was even more special in the fact that my Grandad went through naval training there when it was still a base. It was so neat to have some history surround us on that special day, especially since we had many out of town guests. We also loved that there were 2 hotels in Liberty Station that we were able to save a block of rooms at for a discounted rate. This venue fit our needs perfectly.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Brandi J

NTC was amazing! Rebecca is the contact there and she is super helpful and very good at communicating. She was genuinely excited about my wedding and made me feel very comfortable. It was the perfect location for our wedding. They're able to handle very large guest counts, and... Read More they provide tables and chairs. The only down side is having a limited number of vendors, but we were able to find one that worked for us!

2014-09-03T12:46:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Brandi! You guys are so special! What a great partnership you have! I know you are going to have an exciting, fulling life together. Stay in touch!

Perfect venue for ANY occasion!

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Dawn J

My high school used the McMillin Event Center and Luce Court for our 2014 Prom, and it was an amazing night. Truthfully, we were not going to use this venue because of the airplanes flying overhead, but when we compared all the venues we visited (10-12 different venues), we... Read More came to the conclusion that the NTC was the right venue for us. Not only was the price insanely low for such a large area, but we had such an easy experience with the venue staff. What my class loved about this venue was how we were able to really make it our own. We had the typical high school dance party going on inside the event center, while outside we had a relaxing lounge ambiance with a jazz band, amazing lighting, the fountain, cabanas and lounge furniture. The amount of space we had was a steal for what we paid. The event actually seemed empty even though we had about 550 guests. Also, as previously mentioned, airplanes would fly over the venue, but with so much going on inside and outside, it was not even an issue the night of. This venue was one that we were so proud to use because the community we are from is a military one, so keeping this historical area preserved was also a plus. We are also proud to say that our incoming Junior class wanted to use this venue for their Prom, along with an incoming Junior class from another school. Good things spread about this venue in a heartbeat. Being the Prom Committee Chair, I had to deal with many vendors, people and staff, which can make things very stressful and jumbled when planning the event, but working with the NTC staff was great. Our contact person was very understanding and extremely accommodating, and that made booking the venue and going over all the logistics a lot less stressful. The NTC provided the perfect venue for a fun, classy and memorable evening. If that's everything you're wanting for your event, consider the NTC!

Wonderful venue, terrific professionals

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Laura L

I don't know if this is bending the rules too much to post a review about a non-wedding event but I wanted to endorse the McMillin Event Center at NTC as a wonderful event space. I am a nonprofit fundraising professional and held my organization's most recent auction/gala at... Read More NTC and it was a really fabulous space - the room is beautiful and a blank canvas to create the event of your dreams. Rebecca was a dream to work with, as were her team the night of our event. We were able to reach our fundraising goal, had an outstanding party, and were so pleased with the venue and its staff. I planned my own wedding five years ago and had I known about this space it would have been very high on my list.

Unique Spaces and A Wonderful Staff!

Reviewed on 6/04/2014

We have been working with NTC Venues as an event production vendor, and could not have asked for better people to work alongside! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and they work hard to make your big day exactly how you would like it! The venue spaces are unique and... Read More provide photographers with a wonderful location to take photographs that will last forever. The parking is easy and convenient, there are tons of local restaurants walking distance, and hotels that are close as well. This staff is one that will not let you forget a detail, they are well experienced, and a wonderful team!

McMillan Center

Reviewed on 6/03/2014

We held our event at the McMillan Event Center on March of 2014 and it was wonderful. The room is absolutely fabulous and for the price it fit out budget. The staff was very accommodating especially since we had to have several site visits, we never had a problem getting in to... Read More see it. We only had some issues with the AV system but they were soon resolved. The beverage contact was super as well as the catering. We would highly recommend this venue. Also it has free and convenient parking which is key.

Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 5/23/2014 Lavina C

This is the most beautiful church I have ever been to. Now the history behind this church is that it was the church that all the Navy recruits went to during WWII. As the bases in San Diego shrunk down they turned their older buildings over to the community to make into stores... Read More and strip malls. This building was sold off as well and the owner now maintains it and rents it out for weddings and other ceremonies. It is non-denominational and is fairly affordable. I wanted to be married in a church and wanted it to be a place of history. However, I dont belong to any specific church so when I was looking for somewhere nice to get married and this church popped up I knew it was the one. You just have to see it for yourself. In the pictures its pretty in person it is amazing. I invite you to see it for yourself but to go inside there are only certain days you can. Look at their website for the full details. On the day of your wedding you get your name on the marquee. There is also this amazing thing you can do its called a Grand Exit. I know I sound silly but I never really knew how those exits on the movies worked out but the facility provided an excellent coordinator named Kathleen who made it all perfect. So she has all of your guest exit the chapel and she came and got us out of a back room. Then she had the wedding bells chime as we were walking out of the doors. It was so beautiful and special. We walked out of the church to people blowing bubbles and straight to our old car where we got in and drove away. Well we just drove around the block and came back to take pictures. Kathleen was great she was easy going and professional even with my difficult dad. I was so incredibly thankful she was there because we were asking the neighbor lady to help us out. Which she did but it was better with Kathleen there directing us. She made sure we were well taken care of and that we didnt start the ceremony while people were still coming in. She helped pin boutineers on all the guys who needed help. She was a blessing to us. We wish we could have thanked her more but she was ready to go home after her long day of weddings. Thank you Kathleen and The North Chapel you made my wedding day everything I dreamt it to be.

Perfect spot!

Reviewed on 9/02/2013 Rachel K

We had our ceremony at NTC at Liberty Station (Luce Court & Legacy Plaza) on Sunday, July 28, 2013 and we are so glad that we did since it turned out really beautiful!!! I first found the venue on http://TheKnot.com, but thought it was going to be too expensive. We found a... Read More possible reception place at Solare Lounge so we ventured over to the area. From the very first step of the process working with Rebecca Duckworth was so easy and she is extremely nice!!! We inquired through the venue's website and were amazed at how affordable it was (we had a very low budget wedding). She helped clearly list everything that was needed to successfully reserve the spot, which made the process very smooth. We had a ceremony rehearsal the day before and two facilities coordinators, Karsin and Kathleen, attended. They were also there on the wedding day for the ceremony setup. They were very nice and did not interfere with anything, but wanted to make sure we had all the information that we needed. The conclusion was very smooth as well and Rebecca reached out to me very soon after the wedding. Our families and friends loved the area and they did not even know it existed! Another good thing about the location are the variety of restaurants and stores nearby in case you need something quickly. The venue was very functional and we would highly recommend it!!

Not Bad

Reviewed on 2/14/2013 Dessarina N

There were some slight complications in communication early on, the woman I worked with was not communicating with me after 3 attempts at email and phone call (each). Come to find out, she was no longer working within the dept and I some how got side burnered with another woman... Read More in the dept. They only allow 1 hour for the rehearsal, which initially was daunting, but we managed to get it all done in an hour. An extra hour would have cost $150 dollars. Insane, I know. Luckily the venue was only $1250, including military discount. :)

Beautiful venue but poor communication

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Ashley H

This is a beautiful venue and I couldn't imagine a more beautiful outdoor space....I LOVED the look of my wedding. However, the new management is lacking in the communication department. We had the venue reserved for 1.5 years, and they failed to tell us that right next to our... Read More outdoor wedding would be a Regae Concert with Beer tents....so, that was exactly what I was welcomed with when I arrived at my wedding....obviously this astounded me, but at the time, I had to simply brush it off and hope you couldn't hear the bands too loudly...(there was a faint regae beat for most of the ceremony and part of the reception). When I asked the site manager about this after the wedding, they insisted that they had been told we were informed (by who?! neither me, my husband nor my wedding planner were notified)...they were not even apologetic or very nice about it. They offered no refund of any sort. They had also told me the command center would be open all day for my use to store items in and do finishing touches before walking down the aisle (I entered my ceremony from the command center)...when I arrived...the command center was dead bolted...I had to sneak around the side of the building hoping no one would see me in my dress. Once in, the room we had been told we could do touch ups in was locked...the person working the event for NTC couldn't figure out how to unlock it without propping the door open and had to call a janitor....as my bridesmaid began walking down the aisle they finally figured it out (too late). Again, a very beautiful venue, but communication is lacking. Had they been nice and apologetic maybe I could let it slide, but that was not the case....for them it's just another day of work, for us it's the most special day of our lives. Luckily I was able to brush it off, laugh at the regae concert and have an amazing day.

venue review

Reviewed on 11/23/2011 Sarina F

beautiful location but has many rules and restrictions. We we forced to used approved vendors, only could use their approved bar vendor and the contact person was not very personable. However, the wedding came out beautiful and we had a great time!

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 10/08/2011 Samantha W

LOVED this chapel... Im so gald we we married there. the staff was so nice, and the area is beautiful... couldnt have picked a better place to get married :)

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Lyndsay C

Loved loved loved the outdoor space of Luce Court and Legacy Plaza! Had a beautiful outdoor reception in mid September!

bad start good end

Reviewed on 8/19/2011 Marcela R

everything was great but they double booked us so we didnt have a good start but they made up for it at the end!

Loved the venue, but the office needs help

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Jenna M

I chose this venue for sentimental reasons - my grandpa, who is no longer with us, trained here with the navy in the 50s. So we had the reception here as a way to include him in the wedding. The McMillin Event Center is gorgeous and they have rounds and banquet tables that are... Read More included with the room - even the chairs were presentable enough without covers. However, you do have to go with a specific bar service, select from a list of caterers or pay a fee, and during the planning process the event manager acted as if our wedding was any other corporate event (there were even a few contract mistakes that forced my day-of coordinator to step in a few months early - one of which was the wrong date! And had my coordinator not casually mentioned our wedding, we would have never known!!) NTC really is a wonderful place with indoor and outdoor venues, an onsite chapel, and LOADS of FREE parking...but that lousy event manager cost them in my overall rating, lucky for her the set-up crew made up for some of it.

BEAUTIFUL LOCATION, NOT THE MOST HELPFUL STAFF

Reviewed on 12/08/2010 Veronica N

All of the venues within the NTC Promenade are absolutely beautiful! Many of the buildings and areas have been renovated in the last few years and the others are in progress. The facilities have just about everything you need...accessing them, though, is not always the... Read More easiest. The staff before, during, and after my wedding were not easy to get a hold of by phone OR e-mail, which made planning--especially from 500 miles away--quite a challenge. On top of that issue, when I was able to contact someone, I was consistently met with an attitude I felt was less that professional or even friendly. VERY disappointing. During the actual event, the person who was assigned to oversee kept disappearing and had to be called several times. When we finally contacted her, she wasn't even able to answer the simplest questions about everything from how to plug into the in-house sound system to who could unlock a door.

Good Reception Venue

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Ruth L

The location of this venue is beautiful. It's surrounded by a lot of greenery and fountains. Our reception was held at Legacy Plaza, which is one of the outdoor venues at NTC. When it's adorned with lighting, it gives it a very romantic feel which is prefect for a reception!... Read More The only thing I did not like about the NTC Promenade was the customer service. When I first inquired about reserving the venue, the sales manager led me on by telling me that the venue was available on the day I asked. When I'm about to send her my information to reserve it, she tells me it is no longer available??? To make the long story short, we changed our wedding date so that we could have it there at NTC. Now that I think about it, maybe we should have had it at another venue. Too late now. Another thing I didn't like was that the sales manager did not disclose a lot of things about the venue. It was a very nice venue to hold a reception. The only thing I would say if you are planning to hold your event here, would be to be firm with the sales manager and make sure she is telling you everything you need to know.

Review for NTC Promenade

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jacel C

I loved that my event was the only thing going on at NTC that night The church fountain area and event hall were all rented by my family for the wedding and reception and the church and hall were a short walk away from each other.;There is no help coordinting your actual... Read More wedding day they are there to open doors. They did not even know about the aisle runner that came with the aisle. I had to ask them to find it. Also there is only one vendor they have that holds the liquor license so it is ridiculously expensive more so than other events we've had because of the monopoly.