Venus Bridal Collection

Your wedding day is the most important event of your life and Venus Bridal Collection offers the full support needed by families as they navigate the details involved to make your day absolutely perfect. With one step at our salon, you will find the gown of your dreams.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Fashion Services, Fashion

9191 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City, MD (410) 480-0012

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Erin A

I went in with no expectation of buying a dress. I ended up finding the most amazing dress for me in the clearance section. I have no idea how brides pick a dress that is not the right size for them...2 of the other dresses I tried from the samples were too small and the sales... Read More girl had to stand behind me holding them. The only disappointment I have is that I spent almost as much on alterations as I did the dress itself. It cost $300 to cut the dress to tea length (beach wedding). Otherwise everything was great. Every visit we were treated well and professionally.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Meg H

Can I give it 0 stars? Thank GOD I didn't buy my dress here. Let me stress that I gave every other vendor that I used for our wedding 4-5 stars. I just hope this can be a warning for other brides and members of the bridal party. My mother and I came to this shop looking for a... Read More mother-of-the-bride dress. Granted, we were short on time (a couple of months before the wedding) so we didn't have many options. My mother loved one dress, but they only had it in a size 14 -- my mother is a size 6. After almost walking out empty-handed, the seamstress ASSURED us she could get it to a size 6 without any difficulty. She talked us into buying the dress and getting it altered there. More than $800 later, my mother goes for her final fitting a few days before the wedding. The dress was a complete disaster. There were runs, wrinkles and the zipper wouldn't zip. The seamstress was, conveniently, out of the country. Rather than try to work with us or offer us some sort of refund, the owner ridiculed us, yelled at us and refused to work with us. Thankfully, it was wedding season and Lord & Taylor had an extensive collection. It was the absolute last thing we needed the week of my wedding. AVOID THIS STORE AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

I cannot begin to express how amazing my experience was dress shopping at Venus Bridal. From the moment I walked into the door until the minute I left, my experience was nothing less of wonderful. NEWSHA, was my consultant throughout my time there. She was patient, helpful,... Read More positive, and made me feel super special. She made the process painless and fun for me. She was catering to my particular taste, helped me picture the exact dress I envisioned. The prices there are great and the variety of dresses are endless. Venus Bridal is all about customer satisfaction and catering to one's specific needs. In addition to Newsha's assistance, I also got to work with the seamstress, ZAKIEH. She was very accommodating to my special requests and needs. I absolutely recommend all to go to this boutique!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Nicole N

Venus Bridal was wonderful to work with. I stumbled upon them, looking for dress shops to browse on a Sunday afternoon, with no appointment. They were accommodating, helpful, and very flexible. Their selection isn't huge, but if they have "the dress", that doesn't really matter... Read More - and they do seem to have a little of everything. Some of the dresses I liked the most, were in Venus Bridal's collection, while larger shops didn't have them. Their selection is organized by price, which I think helps. I came in a few more times during the week to try my short-list of dresses on. When I finally chose, there were quite a few alterations I wanted done, and I opted to have them done by Venus Bridal as well. They did a wonderful job. I needed one more alteration to my sleeves at the final fitting/pick-up and they took care of it in 2 hours. I also had my gown preserved through Venus Bridal. They do send-away for this service, but my dress was back within 2 weeks, and it looked great. The prices were reasonable and the people weren't pretentious or pushy. I would absolutely recommend them.

Reviewed on 5/29/2015

Venus Bridal Collection was the only shop I visited And my experience from beginning to end was WONDERFUL. My personal consultant was very nice and professional. I used This place for my bridesmaids' dresses, my mother's dress and tuxedoes. They had everything in the same place... Read More from jewelry to flower girl dress, veil and shoes .I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to look perfect in her wedding.

Terrible

Reviewed on 1/28/2015 Anonymous A

My experience was absolutely terrible. Alterations were ruined; there was no attempt to try to make things better. Instead, I was blamed for picking a dress that was wrong for my shape, and my sister was blamed for talking me out of wearing the dress when it was clearly not... Read More something I could walk down the aisle in. I still had to pay full price for the dress, and they refused to meet me half way so that I had some options since this was less than a month before the wedding. The worst part about it was that at every fitting leading up to the last one, I was promised it would be "perfect." They did not take any responsibility for what occurred- and were incredibly rude about it.

The Perfect Salon for Me

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Kathryn M

Venus Bridal Collection was the perfect place to get my dress. The staff are very friendly and professional and provide personalized service that far exceeds anything you will get at David's Bridal. They carry a range of designers and had the perfect dress for me that also fit... Read More my budget. My dress was everything I was looking for and needed minimal alterations. However, one should keep in mind that alterations can cost just as much as the dress sometimes, depending on what you need. I was fortunate that my alterations did not double the cost of my dress. However, all dresses will likely require a hem and bustle at minimum and these two items alone cost over $200. At the same time, I think it is important to have your alterations done where you buy your dress. They know their products best and are more likely to cater to your personal needs if you bought your dress from them. A couple of my alterations were very specific to my taste and the seamstresses at Venus were more than willing to work on the same alterations more than once to ensure my happpiness. Overall, I had a wonderful experience and highly recommend this salon if they carry the designer or style of dress you want.

Great selection and Helpful Staff

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Lynsey E

There was a great selection here and it didn't take me long to find "the one" here. The staff is helpful and they did a great job keeping me on time with fittings. The dress was fitted perfectly and I was very happy with their work. The only thing I wasn't so satisfied with was... Read More the pricing which was a little steep. Also great selections of accessories, but equally expensive.

Rude Customer Service "Get a night job"

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Jena L

Is it NEVER ok to tell a bride to "Get a night job to help pay for the dress if you can't afford it" That was the response my sister got when trying to purchase her dream dress from Venus Bridal and speaking with Linda. Even with negotiations, the dress was over her budget and... Read More they should not have allowed her to try it on in the first place knowing what her budget was. Whether Linda felt she was "just joking" and didn't mean it in that way, that was the most unprofessional, disrespectful and untactful thing you could EVER say to a customer and bride! My sister works tirelessly as a special education teacher and after hearing that disgusting comment, there was no way she would EVER give Venus Bridal or Linda especially the purchase of her dress from such a classless business. Please note her dress was purchased from the BEST wedding shop in Maryland-Bridals by Elena, who I highly recommend for selection, customer service, price and an overall amazing bridal gown (and bridesmaid dress) shopping experience!

Worst Experience

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Kelsie T

Absolutely Terrible!!! If i could give a 0, I would. Venus discounted my dress to what they could (there's a price which the designers do not let them go below). When I called back to tell them that I would likely be going with a different dress at a different store because of... Read More the price, they said that I would get all accessories (veil, hairpiece, jewelry, etc.) 15% off, my bridesmaids would get 15% off their dresses if I chose to purchase them there, and I would get a free bustle. When I tried on my dress we wanted to add a veil and a flower to the side of it, so I felt like this was a good deal. Because they already had my measurements and credit card information, I said yes to the dress and they charged my credit card over the phone. A few months later when I started looking into bridesmaids dresses, I chose the dress and called them back to confirm the price before sending the information to my girls. The lady informed that their was no notes in my file about the 15% off. When I asked to speak to the manager, he said that because it wasn't written down he couldn't honor it and the dress was already discounted so I was getting a great deal. When I told him that I spoke with him and another sales associate (gave the name) and that the only reason i went with this dress and with their store was because of this information, he said my sale was final and there was nothing i could do about it. "The courts would laugh at you." After arguing for some time he said he didn't want to talk about it anymore and he was getting another call. The lack of professionalism was absolutely astounding. What happens to the customer is always right? The kicker is that my mother, aunt, and other bridesmaids were there and heard the initial conversation months ago when these things were promised. I wrote this review after I had this conversation and later took it down because I wanted to wait until I had my dress in hand. I'm still absolutely shocked rereading it. As if this wasn't enough, when I went to pick up my dress (because there was no way I was giving them more money for alteration after the way I was treated), the dress looked completely different than I was told it would. Like most places, you try on a much larger size and then you are pinned and clamped into it to show how you will look when the dress comes in your size. Let's just say I thought I ordered a simple form fitting straight down dress with some pleats across the waste, no beads, lace, nothing special. When it came in there was so much material in the skirt and a huge chuck of pleats and weird things at both hip bones. I showed them a picture of how it looked when I had first tried the dress on and it appears that all the "new" details were gathered and clamped behind me because the dress i tried on was so large. Rather than it being on my hips it was clamped behind me so I didn't see any of the detail on the dress and there was nothing they could do at that point. They also couldn't remove the extra material because that would require cutting into the skirt where you would eventually see a seam when it was sewn up. What a nightmare. All I can say to other brides, is get everything written on the receipt and dont order anything over the phone despite them telling you that you can. The male owner is very mean. It's supposed to be an exciting time and you, as a customer and bride, should be treated with respect.

Decent experience

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Mary L

I got my wedding dress off the rack at Venus five months before my wedding and got to take it home with me that day. It looked almost exactly like my dream dress. I am very pleased with it and the sales associate Linda was lovely. I had read reviews saying Venus charges you... Read More hundreds of dollars for simple alterations, so I went to Hildy's in Ellicott City for alterations. Very cost efficient. Hildy's told me that after alterations, someone would need to steam the dress. I called back Venus, explaining my situation and they said steaming would be at least $100. Almost all other salons I know of include steaming in the alterations process, so while I expected to pay for it, since I had alterations elsewhere, I didn't expect to be charged $100! I think I'm driving up to Stella's in Westminster for steaming, since they said it would only be around $70 for both my dress and veil.

Great salesperson

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Beth

My salesperson Linda was great! Not too pushy and gave me good information. was patient in helping me make a decision. I got a little nervous about numerous alterations, but in the end they didn't let me leave until it was perfect. Dress was amazing!!!

Thanks to everyone at Venus Bridal!

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Jessica H

After spending months looking for a wedding gown, I happened upon Venus Bridal. The shop has a wonderful selection of both gowns and bridal party dresses. It is a family-run business and the atmosphere was very personable. Unlike the mayhem of the huge bridal stores, I was... Read More given personal attention as I tried on the gowns I picked. Finally, I found "the one!" but the dress was just out of my price range. However, the owner of the store talked with me and we were able to agree on a price that I was much more comfortable with. I was taken with his kindness and willingness to be flexible. At that time, I was able to order the dress and speak with the seamstress, as she is one of the owners! I was given an honest quote for alterations and was very glad to be able to discuss various aspects of the dress. After a couple of fittings and alterations, the dress was perfect. I loved every single person I dealt with at Venus Bridal and am sad that I won't be going regularly now that my wedding is over! I do plan, however, to have them clean and preserve my dress.

Loved my dress

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Maraina K

I got my dress from Venus and it was beautiful! They even customized my dress with a satin sash and did a great job with alterations. The overall price was very reasonable too -- I bought it off the rack!

wonderful service!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Sarah P

This shop had such a beautiful selection of wedding dresses with reasonable prices. The staff was very nice and professional. They asked me what I liked and put several wedding gowns in the fitting room for me to try on. They also helped me try on some different styles to see... Read More what silhouette worked for me. The staff was not pushy at all and allowed me to go home and make my decision. I happily came back and bought the perfect Enzoani dress with the veil, shoes and jewelery. I had eight bridesmaids that I brought back with me and was able to get a discount on their dresses as well as alterations for my dress. The girls were able to try multiple dresses and the sales person was very helpful with bringing us color swatches. I was so relieved to find everything I need from one place rather than running from store to store! Our dresses fit perfectly and I was very happy with the alterations. This place was very organized. I would highly recommend this place for any bride.

Must have been seller's remorse and it showed

Reviewed on 9/08/2013 Grace T

My only positive experience was working with Melody on my first visit (and the seamstress with whom I consulted on my second visit) who was very friendly and attentive to my needs as a bride. I also found my wedding dress here on my first visit, which ended up being from the... Read More sale rack - a sample dress from several years ago that was discontinued and no longer carried at the shop. While I was paying for my dress, I must say that I immediately noticed a change in the owner's wife disposition - she must have had seller's remorse as she did not make me feel comfortable (and quite guilty, in fact) with the numerous comments made about the good deal that I received. She wanted to ensure that I remember this was a good deal by noting "you are going to put me out of business" and this was not in a joking or light-hearted tone. I figured this was because: 1) I was able to find a wedding dress from the sale rack; and 2) I was able to find a wedding dress that fit and required minimal alterations. I called friends afterwards and mentioned how I thought it was very odd that the owner's wife insisted on reminding me how much the dress was worth, which made me feel uncomfortable. Again, my conclusion is that I found a dress that was on sale and actually fit, so they wouldn't be making much profit from me. I get it - I'm not their "ideal" customer, but really, do you have to make me feel guilty for buying a dress that was on sale and fits me?! Shouldn't you be happy that someone bought a dress from your discontinued rack? I went back to see if I could have the neckline altered and the price I was given was $50 more than what she told me in my previous visit. I also inquired about the pricing on bustling - the seamstress had left already so I couldn't confirm how this would be done (when I was pinned, I only noticed 1 point for an underbustle). However, the owner's wife quoted me on the higher end. I decided to wait to make another appointment the next day with the seamstress to be better informed and confirm the alterations that would take place. On my third and last visit, the owner's wife gave me a hard time for my inquiries regarding pricing and made other comments such as not being able to accommodate my needs with excuses (i.e., my mom and I didn't look happy with the pricing, she would have to add rush fees, etc). I was actually relieved in some ways because I wouldn't have to hear how much my dress is worth - I think it bothers her each time she has to be reminded of how much she sold me the dress. My conclusion: I found another review elsewhere and couldn't agree more - I would advise you go to a different place so your experience is more pleasant and far less stressful during such a special occasion in your life. You also shouldn't be chastised by the owner for finding a good deal.

LOVED!!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Kate W

Venus Bridal was the first place I tried on a wedding dress and I ended up coming back to them. I staff was so helpful but not pushy at all. They had dresses within my price range and I fell in love with the dress. The alterations were very affordable and I can't say a bad thing... Read More about the staff there. I had an amazing experience there and with the dress being one of the most important parts, I actually was under my budget. I loved my dress and the staff at Venue bridal.

Start Here

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Marquita R

And ask for Linda. I gave her a general idea of what I did want and specifics about what I DIDN'T want, and she picked a few dresses for me to try out. The third one, though it didn't strike me on the hanger, was gorgeous on. I had been to two salons before going to Venus and... Read More wasn't impressed with anything they had. This one, however, made me say "that's what a wedding gown is supposed to look like." Alterations were great, staff were friendly, and you should check them out.

Great Bridal Collection

Reviewed on 6/28/2013 Tynese D

Venus Bridal has a large and diverse collection of gowns. I went to them looking for an elegant and stylish dress that looked like a million dollars BUT within my $600 budget. Well to my surprise they had gowns from $300 to $5000. The dresses within my price range were sale... Read More dresses from the season before and that was fine for me...they were gorgeous. I am a size 8 (sometimes 10) and the designer gown I chose was made for me. It fit me perfectly. The staff was very helpful and determined to make sure my fittings to cinch the dress at my waist and make my bustle just perfect. Thanks Venus for my Gorgeous wedding gown. We also ordered our tuxedos from venus as well and they were perfect!!

Review of the seamstress services

Reviewed on 6/16/2013 Gosia B

I used the seamstress at Venus Bridal boutique to get my dress fitted and have the bustle done. My dress had many layers of tulle and silk and and very long train. My main concern was that the bustle does not come apart while I dance. The seamstress made a bustle with 7 pin ups.... Read More The bottom layer held up great! just the top tulle layer kept coming down every time I sat down- but when I was up and dancing it was great! My only negative comment was that my dress was a little long and so the seamstress trimmed the bottom layers of the dress, but not the outer tulle. She told me it would be fine, but the entire day and night others and even myself kept stepping on my dress. I think for the price I paid for the alterations, the outer layer of the dress should have been appropriately trimmed- maybe I wasn't forceful enough.

Bride and Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Elizabeth L

After looking everywhere for a dress that "spoke" to me, I finally found one here. I was extremely pleased with the service and friendliness that everyone provided me. The alterations were great and like everything had a couple bumps in the road. The only thing I didn't like was... Read More the way they treated my mom's gown. We were so impressed with the way everything was going for me, that my mom decided to look for her MOB dress there as well. She found one that was not only beautiful but went perfectly with the wedding. we got our alterations done at the same time and everything went south. We kept having to do more and more to the dress because they either weren't handling the dress with care, or were not doing what we had asked. Everything was simple such as taking the length up, taking in at the waist, closing up the neckline a little, but either they would forget to do it, or blame us for changing our minds (which was not the case). They give great attention to the bride, but no one else.

Good price, not great with alterations

Reviewed on 1/02/2013 Sarah T

They gave me the lowest price around on my Casablanca dress, but I'd steer clear of the owner when you are reviewing it after the final product comes in. She tried to tell me that the length was fine in the front, even though I had paid extra to have it a certain way.... Read More Eventually, she ended up sending it back to the company to fix, but the hassle was just totally uncalled for. There was a bead coming off of the bodes and the owner went to cut it! My mom about had a heart attack and yelled at her What kind of seamstress cuts loose strings?" That's such a big no-no..I bought my dress here, but took it elsewhere for alterations (thank god, I loved Anytime Alterations!) I will say that there is one woman who works there that was very helpful, but I can't remember her name... Donna maybe?

Great Value

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 Jackie B

I found a great Casablanca dress that was a fantastic price. The location was very good at getting back to me and if I had any neurotic requests.

Excellent service and lovely atmosphere!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Diane S

Everyone at the shop was kind and helpful. The shop itself is elegant and the salespeople strive to make the experience special. They are flexible and give you personal attention. I decided to purchase my dress after I left the shop and they even allowed me to come in on a... Read More Sunday (despite being closed) to try it on again before placing my order. The price on my dress and alterations were fair and on par with the industry standard.

Venus Bridal Shop

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Leah R

All of the employees at Venus Bridal I worked with were extremely professional and responsible. They also did not mind when I had to reschedule appts and reacted appropiately when I asked for alteration changes in my dress. They were very easy to work with and helped me to pick... Read More out my dress when I only had a bridesmaid with me and not my mother.